elephant.co.uk Reviews

58% of reviewers recommend elephant.co.uk

Tell us how elephant.co.uk made you happy

Telephone
"Best and cheapest all year round"
"Been with elephant a few years. Always go to them with competitors quotes to give them chance to match. They always try their best. Good company to be with."
"They've "decided" that they will not assist me in prosecuting the local council for a pothole which ripped the front wheel and suspension off my car rendering it a write off,when I have paid for legal cover. Will never use again,theyre whole handling of the claim has been lacklustre from start to finish to say the least. AVOID THIS SHOWER!!!!"
"Horrible company, stealing their customers money. Do not use them as you will regret! like i do now!"
"Been 2 years. Steel one 1 no claim bonus!!! Trying put price up every year!!! Just not trustable.!!!"
"They steal money of my account without giving a explain what for they charge me !!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !!!!!!!!!!"
"Absolutely appalling customer service, Had over 9 years No Claims Bonus, had an uninsured driver hit ME and is being dealt with by the Motor Insurance Bureau so they not only decided to leave me with 3 years No Claims Bonus but automatically renewed my motor insurance at DOUBLE the cost!.. then they want £ 50 for me to cancel! Pay more and AVOID this company!"
"Been with Elephant for just under 10 years. When I had an accident that was NOT my fault, they abandoned the case and ruled in favour of the third party, costing me my no claims bonus. My insurance then sky rocketed to ridiculous amounts. Although I argued that the accident was not my fault, they insisted that they wouldn't take the case any further. AVOID ELEPHANT!"
"I just saved £1000 on my annual car insurance thanks to GoCompare, Elephant were great as well, sorted out my insurance in less than 10 minutes."
"I have been with Elephant for over 7 years and in all that time, I protected my No claims discount, which is now 15 years worth. This June, I was unfortunate enough to scrape my car on a lamp post and had to claim. When I got my renewal, they had increase my price by 52% from £460 to £703. I shopped around and found exactly the same cover with Aviva for £320, so I am switching over. When I asked what the reason for the 52% hike in price was all about, the agent told me that despite my 15 years No Claims Bonus being intact; they had to increase my premium due to the risk. I won't be going back there again. Very disappointed with them. Funny thing is that out of loyalty AND if the premium was similar to last years, I would have stayed with them. Greedy is all I can say."
"the worst experience in my life. never ever again. They scam you if you don't renew your insurance with them, Beware!!!!!!"
"Had my policy with them with no claim for 2 1/2 years with two cars. This dropped to one car. I then sold my car knowing I wouldn't need another for 6 months and the charged me 50 pounds to cancel. Yes this is in the T and C's but this is basically a con. They said I had been a good customer (no claims) so all my money went in their pocket and I say I would look at them first in the future when I bought a car again. However not anymore, feel like I have been cheated. Even they call it a penalty fee. Would never do business with them again."
"****TIMEWASTERS***** - every time you call they give a different price, Every person you speak to has a different price and advice. There's no multi-car discount. They make mistakes which could potentially leave you with incorrect insurance. They tried to renew my insurance by and EXTRA £50 a month with no previous claims. Absolute clowns!"
"Quoted me £11,000 for the year where other companies were quoting me £1600. Absolute joke."
"Very efficient service indeed. Their insurance is also very competitive for young drivers which is why I am writing this review ... My son has recently passed his test and this was his first insurance. The insurance purchased was suited and tailored to all his needs. Elephant also called us up today to just check on that my son was happy with his purchase and that everything was going tickety-boo. I cannot recommend them highly enough."
"Elephant car insurance is ok, unless you have the misfortune to need to make a claim. Claim handling leaves a lot to be desired. I was involved in a no fault of my own motor accident, and 18 months down the line I am still awaiting financial settlement and referral to a specialist for the injury I sustained. If you have the opportunity to insure with another provider rather than Elephant, I would highly recommend that you do so and save yourself a lot of stress."
"Had a pretty bad accident a few years ago which I admit was my fault, but Elephant are now refusing me full liability which means I now have to pay back an horrendous amount of money back to them. It’s all down to this imdemnity form which I signed, although I didnt actually know what is was about. They simply said if I don’t sign it they will keep hassling me until I do, feels like blackmail. This company has always tried to find ways of avoiding to pay up even though you are insured. I feel like I have been cheated by this company, yet there is nothing I can do about it, all they really care about is money. Elephant have pretty much ruined my life. Joke of a company, STAY AWAY!"
"I was charged £19.50 for change of address"
"Had my insurance with them for a number of years, last year I got 3 points on my license I told them this numerous times when renewing my policy last year however they have failed to put them on to my insurance. So for a year my insurance has been invalid without me knowing! All They have offered me is £20 compensation. Joke if a company."
"The company charges you for any changes to the policy, but doesn't amend the existing charge, because they claim that the amount is frozen. So even though that you improve your policy because you exchange the driving licence from EU to the UK, or you move to a better address makes no difference, but gives them an opportunity to charge you more."
elephant.co.uk is rated 3.25 based on 106 reviews