Chaucer Direct Reviews

80% of reviewers recommend Chaucer Direct

How would you rate Chaucer Direct ?

"Very good until you get into trouble. I have been a good customer for yesterday, they were lovely and friendly taking my money until i got into an accident that wasn't my fault. They had an enlist list of excuses. Absolutely shocking service. Avoid at all costs!!!!!!!"
"Since 2012 I have tried to take out insurance via Comparethemarket.com but have been politely politely. It was only in July 2016 that I was informed by CUE that I have an "Fault "that is a direct result of Chaucer Insurance wrongly passing incorrect information to CUE. In 2012 I was riding a bycicle and had a collision with an motor vehicle. The driver admitted liability and a claim for injuries was also settled with Chaucer Insurance. However, in july 2016 I was advised by my current insurance company that CUE ( Claims Underwriting Exchange) have recorded a fault that occured in 2012. I was not a driver at the time and therefore could not understand what was happenning until I discovered that Chaucer Insurance have recorded a "Fault" claim against me ( something to do with a seatbelt). My policy doubled unexpectedly and hence I traced this to Chaucer Insurance who I am reliably advised recorded wrong information via CUE. I have been trying to contact their Compliance Officer to no avail. Tried their customer Support too and simply got fed up and now regard this company as unreliable. they do not return urgent emails and certainly I think the public should be aware of a scam whereby your information on CUE is manipulated to increase monthly payments. We all know the CUE was not intended to be misused in this way. However, Chaucer Insurance have proven to me that they are an unproffessional organisation. Their customer suport is awful and I would advise any potential Insurance customer; stay away from Chaucer Insurance."
"canceled my inssurance without asking me first due to lack of cominucation and poor customer service ,pathetic,unprofossionel not recommend it at any one simply the worst ever"
"Very efficient service and documentation with me very quickly"
(Van Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Very easy to deal with. Ex Ellen the quote and good value."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Fantastic provider will definitely use again"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"competent and friendly service. Found staff well informed and helpful with speedy response. Very impressed. I may be persuaded to renew my insurance on the basis of this experience, assuming the price is right!"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Not very helpful or willing to help when I moved house then wanted to double my premium!"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Very easy to deal with, an online facility with no admin charges would make it all the better."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"was not happy with the way i was dealt with"
"good service"
Hi,

I'm glad to hear you're happy with the service.

Steve
"I am happy with this Chaucer direct insurance company, because its eased applying and very nice people talked to you."
Hi Inga,

I'm pleased that you are happy with the service and found our staff friendly and helpful.

Steve
"Everything was quick and simple. Luckily I have not made a claim so I don't know how that side is."
Hi,

Glad you are happy with the service :)

Steve
"Had a non fault accident within seconds Chaucer increased my policy premium rather than actually helping me solve the problems. Even though I am fully comp I was left to deal with all other parties myself. This has now resulted in me not getting my car fixed and left with a car that won't pass another mot. I won't be using Chaucer again."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"excellent service 5 star"
Hi Maxine,

I am glad to hear that you are happy with the customer service you received. Many thanks for your feedback.

Steve
"Very good service and follow up after taking out the policy. Also a a nice follow up call a couple of weeks later making sure I was happy with their service."
Hi Michael,

I'm pleased to hear that you are happy with the service and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

"Excellent service"
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm pleased you're happy with the service.

Steve
"I would recommend this company to other people"
(Van Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you are happy with the service you received.

Steve
"They were very good price I am waiting to see what renewal cost will be I have a feeling it may be high ."
Hi,

Thank you for choosing us to insure your vehicle and hopefully we will provide you with a competitive renewal price.

Steve
"I was very pleased with service I received I am awaiting renewal documents and hope the great service continues."
Hi,

I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the great service we provided and thank you for renewing your insurance with us.

Chaucer Direct is rated 4.31 based on 45 reviews