Bennetts Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Bennetts
Siddons
"I have insured my bike through Bennetts for the last 2 years, the comprehensive cover at a reasonable price quickly and efficiently arranged over the phone. The renewal quote was a little more than I had anticipated but talking with Bennetts staff allowed negotiation to agree on a mutually acceptable premium."
Brown
"Always seem to get a good deal from Bennett’s"
Seagrave
"Easy to deal with was able to offer me what I wanted"
"After a bit of online site comparison work Bennetts seemed to meet all my needs. Reasonably new to online only purchase of this type i.e. insurance but everything went well, purchase, documents etc. so all good so far."
"My problem is with Bennett's auto-renewal policy. I see no benefit to the customer at all; it is clearly only in the company's interest. It is insidious."
"I got the same coverage as last year for £100 less and that included commuting which my previous insurers wanted an extra £400 for. Very happy with Bennetts."
"Back to Bennetts due to a good quote. Really easy checked the details then took the deal . Really good rep helped."
"good insurer if they can come in with a price close to this year for next year will stay with them,"
"Website was easy to to navigate and the premium was very competitive. i actually got more for my money than with my current insurer C Nash. They are however just like every insurer in that some of the options checked make a difference to the premium for no apparent reason. E:G i changed my mileage from 5000 per annum to 4999 and the premium went up!! All in all though so far so good. Its my first policy with them and we will see"
"All ways Helpful Very easy to deal with"
"I initially insured with Bennetts last year because my existing broker couldn't provide a multi-bike policy any longer. At that time the Bennetts experience was considerably better than the other 'known suspects' in motorcycle insurance. Sadly my renewal experience has been atrocious. My (mailed) renewal quote had risen from £270 to £430, I have had no claims or changes in the year. I phoned and was told the quote was wrong and that the true figure was £470. There was no explanation or apology. I asked if I could be mailed an accurate renewal quote and was told that the Bennetts' system couldn't do this. I was however (repeatedly) asked if I wanted to be removed from automatic renewal due to happen within a week. After whinging on Twitter I was called by a more helpful person who eventually offered preferable quotes by splitting my insurance back into two policies. I phoned later to accept the first of these, my BMW, strangely the quote had reduced during the day by £60. I had been offered three quotes, the more expensive one covered panniers and non-garaged risk compared with a cheaper quote that offered no cover at all when at home or to the panniers; I took the more expensive quote and paid the initial payment by card. The following day Bennetts contacted to tell me that their system had thrown out all of my details and that I would have to re-enter into the renewal process. I was repeatedly steered towards the quote that I had rejected but eventually I was covered. I was told that I would have to wait for my card-deposit to be refunded by cheque because the Bennetts system couldn't refund back to the card. Because Bennetts are unable to take a deposit on the same card twice in a day I should have called back to insure by second (OTR) bike, I haven't as yet, life is short. I don't like speaking negatively however my email box is full of Bennetts' request for feedback. Throughout this process I have spoken with individuals who ranged from rude and surly to utterly professional and helpful. However I have been left with little faith in either the Bennetts system or the underlying insurance underwriting business. It is worth mentioning that prior to this my partner has had a similar experience with other motorcycle insurance specialists. I received my initial deposit refund yesterday around three weeks after I made the payment, I will have to go into my bank to pay this cheque in next week."
"Bennett dealt with my bike insurance in a timely and efficient manner."
"Difficult to provide what they call acceptable proof of no claims discount but eventually successful, unnerving to say the least"
"It was easy to get a quote & being very competitive I took out a policy. Price was a factor and Bennetts were my choice"
"I found dealing with Bennetts very straight forward and with very little fuss I was happy with the service which has been provided to me. A well mannered gent Tom Villiers that I spoke to on one small matter after receiving a letter one week down the line dealt with the issue like a true professional and is a credit to your company."
"Well coming back to Bennett's after having a year with a different insurer. And have to say it was seemless very easy to sort out and great customer service. Good price, though could be better ;)"
"They screwed up and left me riding an uninsured bike, which I though was insured. Then to add insult to injury I had to pay £80 to correct their mistake. They would not let me talk to a supervisor or manager. Next year all 3 of my bikes will be insured with someone else."
"A very good, professional bike insurance company.."
"Always seem to get a good deal from Bennett’s"
"Ripoffs nothing can describe the unwilling Ness to listen and then have cheek to ignore a complaint"
"Was with you for my first bike but bought a brand new one unfortunately you cannot insure it until it is registered so had to go with a different insurer for a year to get my bike registered this may be something you could look at as I would never have changed if yourselves offered the same facility's as you are very easy to deal with which is why I came back to you after my year was up."
"All good apart from a dreadful flaw when you choose to continue your insurance it is in my case 90%"more than if you redo it on line this is sharp practice"
Bennetts is rated 4.41 based on 1,962 reviews