Bennetts Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend Bennetts
Eades
"Phoned to add a new bike (1st March Reg') so I could have a multi bike policy. Spoke to Rudy who was great and sorted me out! So I'm looking forward to riding this summer!!"
Siddons
"I have insured my bike through Bennetts for the last 2 years, the comprehensive cover at a reasonable price quickly and efficiently arranged over the phone. The renewal quote was a little more than I had anticipated but talking with Bennetts staff allowed negotiation to agree on a mutually acceptable premium."
"Always seem to get a good deal from Bennett’s"
"Every year I have the aggravation of re-insuring several vehicles, each year whoever I use jack up the prices, Bennetts are no different. Last year they sorted a good deal on my 3 motorcycles, this year I ended up splitting them between insurers again, the two I did insure through them took a lot of aggro to get a sensible price and avoid being ripped off. A swap of bikes part way through year went well, but later when trying to add a new bike they wanted £500 EXTRA to add it to a Policy - yet I could insure the new bike through them online on a new policy for £250, they said to get this price I would have to pay an cancellation fee to swop the Policies - but when I took out the Policy I told them I had a new bike ordered and would want it on the same Policy and they said "No problem". Once again I was robbed by an insurer I am just trying to do (a lot) of business with. I give them an "Acceptable" rating as others are no better and I have had to deal with worse."
"Price increase due to just being a named driver on my partners motorhome ins. She didn't get an increase on her bike or car ins or even on the motorhome ins. . Bennetts knew I was a named driver so should have also known neither of us were driving. Was outside house and hit by a garden digger. Wont be using again if I can help it Very unjust and unfair"
Hi Lane are you able to drop some details over to helpme@bennetts.co.uk so we can take a look in to this for you?

Thanks,

Bennetts
"Of my 3 bikes , all 3 have cover via Bennett’s . I’ve been happy with service efficacy and price. Always good no bads to mention"
"I did take out insurance with Bennett’s, but you cancelled it due to NCD for the bike I was insuring, I thought it was for the Rider, who by the way had over 15 years incident free.... However, Bennett’s will never again get my business, 2 Bikes with another insurer, who by the way, likes bikers who have no claims bonus! Thanks for the opportunity to put my views across! Ian B."
Hi Ian when taking out the policy we do ask what no claims bonus is free to use. As it is being used elsewhere we wouldn't be able to accept it as it is giving the discount twice.
Thank you for the review and your kind words on Rudy. We will make sure the feedback is passed on to him.
"Great insurance company and great price"
Hi Barker thanks for the review. Don't forget you can register for exclusive offers as a Bennetts customer

Cheers,

Bennetts
"Absolutlel discusting your auto renew system trying to charge me when I call to cancel on Monday when policy ran out on Saturday"
Hi Scott,

We do post the renewal quote 21 days prior to renewal. If you have sold the bike or insured elsewhere please provide proof of this and the charge will be reviewed.

Thanks,

Bennetts
"After a bit of online site comparison work Bennetts seemed to meet all my needs. Reasonably new to online only purchase of this type i.e. insurance but everything went well, purchase, documents etc. so all good so far."
Hi Anderson, thanks for the review. Don't forget you can register for exclusive offers as a Bennetts customer

www.bennetts.co.uk/customer/rewards

Cheers,

Bennetts
"My problem is with Bennett's auto-renewal policy. I see no benefit to the customer at all; it is clearly only in the company's interest. It is insidious."
"I got the same coverage as last year for £100 less and that included commuting which my previous insurers wanted an extra £400 for. Very happy with Bennetts."
"Back to Bennetts due to a good quote. Really easy checked the details then took the deal . Really good rep helped."
"good insurer if they can come in with a price close to this year for next year will stay with them,"
"Website was easy to to navigate and the premium was very competitive. i actually got more for my money than with my current insurer C Nash. They are however just like every insurer in that some of the options checked make a difference to the premium for no apparent reason. E:G i changed my mileage from 5000 per annum to 4999 and the premium went up!! All in all though so far so good. Its my first policy with them and we will see"
"All ways Helpful Very easy to deal with"
"I initially insured with Bennetts last year because my existing broker couldn't provide a multi-bike policy any longer. At that time the Bennetts experience was considerably better than the other 'known suspects' in motorcycle insurance. Sadly my renewal experience has been atrocious. My (mailed) renewal quote had risen from £270 to £430, I have had no claims or changes in the year. I phoned and was told the quote was wrong and that the true figure was £470. There was no explanation or apology. I asked if I could be mailed an accurate renewal quote and was told that the Bennetts' system couldn't do this. I was however (repeatedly) asked if I wanted to be removed from automatic renewal due to happen within a week. After whinging on Twitter I was called by a more helpful person who eventually offered preferable quotes by splitting my insurance back into two policies. I phoned later to accept the first of these, my BMW, strangely the quote had reduced during the day by £60. I had been offered three quotes, the more expensive one covered panniers and non-garaged risk compared with a cheaper quote that offered no cover at all when at home or to the panniers; I took the more expensive quote and paid the initial payment by card. The following day Bennetts contacted to tell me that their system had thrown out all of my details and that I would have to re-enter into the renewal process. I was repeatedly steered towards the quote that I had rejected but eventually I was covered. I was told that I would have to wait for my card-deposit to be refunded by cheque because the Bennetts system couldn't refund back to the card. Because Bennetts are unable to take a deposit on the same card twice in a day I should have called back to insure by second (OTR) bike, I haven't as yet, life is short. I don't like speaking negatively however my email box is full of Bennetts' request for feedback. Throughout this process I have spoken with individuals who ranged from rude and surly to utterly professional and helpful. However I have been left with little faith in either the Bennetts system or the underlying insurance underwriting business. It is worth mentioning that prior to this my partner has had a similar experience with other motorcycle insurance specialists. I received my initial deposit refund yesterday around three weeks after I made the payment, I will have to go into my bank to pay this cheque in next week."
"Bennett dealt with my bike insurance in a timely and efficient manner."
"Difficult to provide what they call acceptable proof of no claims discount but eventually successful, unnerving to say the least"
"It was easy to get a quote & being very competitive I took out a policy. Price was a factor and Bennetts were my choice"
"I found dealing with Bennetts very straight forward and with very little fuss I was happy with the service which has been provided to me. A well mannered gent Tom Villiers that I spoke to on one small matter after receiving a letter one week down the line dealt with the issue like a true professional and is a credit to your company."
Bennetts is rated 4.41 based on 1,971 reviews