AXA Insurance Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend AXA Insurance

How would you rate AXA Insurance ?

Dale Alexander
Verified Reviewer
"Don't make the mistake I did. Choose an alternative insurance provider. I was involved in a accident that wasn't my fault and my car is in the garage being repaired. We have a family holiday booked and had planned to drive from Scotland to and from Newcastle airport to catch our flights. Our issue is that when we return from holiday on Wednesday evening they think it's acceptable to ask our family including our son who has special needs to spend the entire night in the airport without the facilities we require for our son until the car hire desk opens the following day. They will not give us any further help. Axa this accident wasn't our fault!! If they had let us use the hire car and park it in the airport parking like we intended to do with our own car before our accident then there would be no issue. Axa has left me with 2 options hire the car size we require for the time we need it for at a cost of £650 Or book our family into a nearby hotel at a cost of approx £300 In a non fault accident you don't expect to have to pay a minimum of £300 out your own pocket for something that wasn't your fault and if you had your own car you wouldn't be paying. To make matters worse when I had my accident I was left with no transport to get home and waited 48 hours for a hire car. I wrote a complaint email to them and got zero help. This company have no respect or willingness to help their customers at a time when they need it the most."
"they will use any excuse for not pay, complete liers"
"Trying to contact with axa insurance it’s nearly 50 minutest. Oh my dear why is so long never experienced..very poor service and also keep increasing insurance premiums each years."
"Just lost 16YEARS no claims due to 2 minor accidents..one of which WAS NOT my fault but AXA DIDNT bother to fight my corner, challenge the third party, collect or even look at info id sent at their request, or do anything that i paid my premium for them to do! By the way.......THIS WAS PROTECTED NO CLAIMS BONUS THAT I PAID AN EXTRA £90 TO PROTECT. Now left with 4yrs no claims after 20+ yrs of driving AVOID, AVOID, AVOID....TOTAL WASTE OF TIME & MONEY"
"Axa took far too much out of a friend's account without notification resulting in him being unable to return some money to me whech prevented me paying one of my bills on time. Axa charges for address change ridiculous plus you still sent notifications to old address so he did not get them. Very unhelpful and left him with no funding to pay for tax & mot ! No logic or common sense!"
"Multiple admin errors compounded by appalling customer service. I spent hours on hold at a time trying to speak to someone and they just don't answer."
Disappointed
Verified Reviewer
"Left with no kitchen for 17 months with 3 kids. Having to email Axa and their many partners in crime who are hopeless to deal with. We still have no cooker after 65 weeks and they left us with no drinking water for 22 weeks. Terrible company to have to deal with so I’d advise against."
"After sending proof of my no claimes discount , I got an email saying due to not sending proof they are putting my car insurance up , £73 rip off !!"
"AVOID AVOID AVOID. They have no loyalties towards customers, & will not fight for you! Rather bend over & allow you to get f***ed Ridiculous service!"
"Waited on the phone for 30mins and no one has answered! Kept hold of card details for insurance that isn’t my policy without my consent!"
"Everything."
"Somebody crashed into me and got no help from customer services or claims line been sitting with no car for 5 days up to now and i,ve got fully comp proper appalling"
"Do not use. Horrendous customer service."
"axa not sorting anything put"
"After phoning with a problem they did everything to help sort. Thanks."
"AXA's Claims staff are shockingly bad at their jobs or the department is just ridiculously understaffed - it took more than 9 months for them to deal with one claim and over 6 months to deal with another. Refuse to provide a courtesy car for repairs even though I was entitled to it under my policy, lied about witnesses not sending statements and sending allegations to Third Party insurers. The department is supposed to be open from 8-5 Monday to Friday but you still get an out of office message when trying to call after 8am and you have to wait at least 40 minutes just for someone to answer the phone. Worst customer service experience ever!"
"i was trying to report accident they are not taking the phone i think it should be 24 hrs service..seriously this company is amazing"
Russell J Chedzoy
Unverified Reviewer
"had renewal of my car insurance ,went on comparison site site and found it £200 cheaper ,,,,,,, SHAME ON YOU AXA russell j chedzoy you customer for 3 years"
Christine Williams
Unverified Reviewer
"I bought extra insurance from Axa in order to hire a car from malaga airport. When i arrived in Malaga, i was told this insurance was no good and i had to buy their insurance at a cost of £260. Thus the axa insurance was " useless " . No pay, no car was their answer. I contacted Axa and ryanair and the answer I have received is "sorry, nothing we can do" so why are they selling these policies if they are useless. I am an oap, the Ryanair flight was delayed due to snow, I was stranded with no car, and i am very cross that this is allowed to happen and no one cares."
Malcolm
"gr8 prices and easy to get round site all information good"
AXA Insurance is rated 2.97 based on 585 reviews