AXA Insurance Reviews

01AM
1AM

Tell us how AXA Insurance made you happy

Over a week
"WARNING - don’t insure with AXA. Not worth the paper it’s written on. They have zero ethics and have worked out a way to print money from conning people into thinking they are buying a true insurance policy. What you are buying is a simple ‘get out of paying’ policy and nothing more."
Are you AXA Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Be aware and stay away from this company. I was in involved in an incident over 12 months ago, simple case, no dispute, no injuries. The claim has still not been settled and now I have received a county court claim forms in the post! AXA don't want to know, impossible to get hold of anyone, being kept on hold over an hour every day only to be told the person who I need to speak to is not available and they would phone me back. Of course nobody has ever rung back despite me phoning them every day for a week now. As I cannot afford to make the payout myself I am expecting a CCJ to land on my doorstep shortly. All because Axa cannot do a simple job they are paid to do. It's disgracefull, please please do not ever take out any insurance with them."
"If you just looking for an data to be appeared in insurance database and cheap(may be?), yes may be this is the choice. But a proper car insurance when you need it? NO!!! got hit and run by someone on 21/04/2018, still waiting to sort it out. Average Email reply time 4-8 weeks for a single question! Which it affected my insurance renewal, my family joint insurance, company insurance. DESERVE NO STAR. Stay away from them."
"The did my car insurance at a good price"
"It started when I had to make a claim after someone hit my car. Trying to make telephone contact is atrocious, being on hold for an hour at a time and no one offers to ring back. Will not renew next year."
"Cheaters. They create excuses everytime. This is the last time we insure our employees with them. Avoid AXA at any cost."
"I made a minor £80 claim for the damage to a hire car tyre , the communications are appalling every message takes 5 days to be replied to, I could have walked to the offices and received a reply quicker, they claim not to have received documents when they have been sent , then require more documents which would entail speaking to car hire companies on the continent to get even more information . It strikes me that everything is designed to give them the opportunity to procrastinate over payment. I will never use this company again."
"I DO NOT RECCOMMEND AXA!!! Myself and my partner went on holiday to Egypt this year 2018 we got the travel insurance myself and my partner are healthy as especially me as I'm a gym head. Even before we flew we both saw our GP's to get our shots. I don't have any medical problems and neither does my partner. We got there partner got ill first vomiting, headache the lot. We ended up going to the doctor in our resort and paid the excess fee of £95 he prescribed a meds but it didn't help it then got worse the same day we got the meds and we ended up going to the HOSPITAL! We were there for a few hours while they did whatever they called checkups and such, keeping in mind its around 2 in the morning now they have our insurance documents and passports. They told us they cant get through to axa it goes to an answering machine and they even dialled in front of us and it actually did go to an answering machine. We just wanted to get back to our resort and in a comfortable bed. But they wouldnt let us leave untill they got paid so I had to pay with my own money just over £1,500 just so we can leave. I was very annoyed and that seriously effected our holiday and my wallet. We got back to the resort finally next day we went to the doctor again so we can call Axa and let the doctor confirm stuff. The connection was terrible and the customer service then told us to contact them once we get back to London. We got back to London and made phone calls its been 2 months and all I'm getting is they need this document they need that document I've provided everything I could from the doctors to the hospitals receipts and even screenshots of my bank account. Also they are asking for a medical report from my partners GP and telling us we have to pay £80 for the report that they need. Why would I have to pay for that?! This is still ongoing and this is not right as they are at fault and I am £1500 out of pocket because there customer service was not operating. The customer service team is useless."
"It is very difficult to contact Axa regarding claims. It took days to report my Claim as I didn’t have enough free time to sit through an hour of being on hold. Now every time I try to update the claim and get a repair My call cannot be completed or I get hung up on! It’s a lot of money to pay for a complete lack of service."
"WORST SERVICE EVER! They give you a decent quote to insure and then when you have a claim, THATS when they underwrite . As of today it has been SIX months since my car was stolen. YES! 6 months and all I’ve done is produce document and document every week for all this time. I’ve had to fly to another city just to sign a form in person. I got a rental paid for one month which was WAAAAY below the grade of car lost and this company and every single person I’ve talked to there is useless and actually antagonistic in making me work nonstop doing backflips to get them the ridiculous docs they ask for OVER AND OVER. STAY AWAY from AXA!"
"Axa sorted my written off car promptly (not my fault) with a payout. But after 8 months and numerous phone calls plus the ones over 1 hour on hold where I gave up waiting ,I am still none the wiser when they are going to settle the claim. Even the complaints team forwarded me to switchboard. Totally useless ,one I will avoid from this day forward."
"Involved in a car accident, hit by another vehicle. Reported the accident within an hour of it happening to the out of hours service and told it would be passed to claims ready for me to call the next morning. Started ringing at 9.30 am the next day to have to go through the whole thing again as they said they did not have any information. Spent until 3.30 pm trying to sort out what happened next with regard to my claim and also trying to get a courtesy vehicle (on hold an hour each time I rang). It took me to say to them that this would be the last call I would make to them and if nothing was sorted I would put it in the hands of my solicitor before I actually got an answer to the next stage of the claim. During the time I spent on the phone, my car had been moved to a storage company without my knowledge. I had numerous calls from a vehicle rental company offering a courtesy car but had to prove non fault to get one although my policy includes a courtesy car. It was only through the goodness of the car repairer that I got a courtesy car. It has and remains an absolute shambles, I thought I was doing the right thing moving my insurance to AXA as when I was obtaining a quote and setting the policy up it took not time at all to do so. I will never take insurance out with AXA again."
"When ever you ring axa to take out a policy and pay money you will wait less than 3 mins to talk to a member of staff. When you have had an accident you can be on hold for up to 1 hour listening to the most boring pre recorded message.. Should you have an accident out of office hours (inc all day Sunday) you cant even talk to the accident department as its closed. When you are on hold the pre recorded message tells you it is important to report the accident quick, Well good luck with that. My vehicle was damaged by a Deer running in to it, When I rang to report the incident I was asked twice if I had the other parties details."
"I pranged my car and needed repair work to the off side door. It was taken away to New Bridge Accident Repair in Sydenham. I was astounded that they kept the car for five weeks to carry out a three day job which indicated that this garage had organisational problems. When they eventually contacted to have it returned to me, the only availability was during office hours which made it difficult. They refused to deliver it to my work address which is only 5 miles from where I live, so we agreed on delivery on 06/10/18. I stayed home purposely but it did not arrive nor any correspondence since. I have called Axa an astonishing 21 times, but they tell me that they cannot 'get through.' I sent an email to their complaints department but did not receive any further action from them either. I called several times today but no reply from the garage. I have emailed them and said I will be collecting my car on Saturday morning regardless and if they cannot accommodate this request I intend to report the matter to the police. Axa have done absolutely nothing at any stage during my claim and I am furious at the inconvenience this has caused. I have just undergone a hip replacement and cannot get in to the tiny courtesy car provided, and I have no choice but to leave my home for another apartment this weekend and have no car to help me do this. I would NEVER use Axa for anything at all again. Ever. The level of customer service is ZERO."
"I have been in the queue for 100 minutes and still my call has not been taken, the AXA call centre is dreadful, please go elsewhere for insurance"
"My son has his car stolen 3 months today still no car after hours and hours on phone and countless emails still no joy stay away from this company"
"My parents are currently abroad awaiting repatriation. The communication is appalling and their lack of care is contributing to my parents health which is deteriorating daily whilst they wait for someone to pull their finger out and stop fobbing them off. I will hold them entirely responsible for anything else that happens that affects their health. They should not be stuck in Germany but they should be home with us. Absolutely dreadful company that I will do everything possible to discredit for the appalling way that have treated the people I love."
"After having my car written off. Still awaiting a hire car."
"NEVER use axa for travel insurance or anyone underwritten by them. My girlfriend fell ill with meningitis whilst in Hong Kong and needed 3 weeks of treatment. Axa have been absolutely appalling - finding any way of weaselling out of paying and making it confusing and difficult to challenge anything. They made a traumatic experience even more stressful for someone who was suffering from swelling around the brain - which can be made worse from stress. To add insult to injury they have acknowledged their bad treatment of us and offered £100 in compensation but still not dealt with the actual claim which is tens of thousands. We are now having to go through the financial ombudsman. Avoid at all costs."
"Axa have been great through my claimes but there customer services is by far the worst I have ever received I have been waiting a week for a call back and they say they are going to get some one to call me every day .... But they never do .... I was on hold for 1 hour and 40 mins then just got cut off ..... Absolute joke"
AXA Insurance is rated 2.86 based on 630 reviews