AXA Insurance Reviews

11AM
11AM

Tell us how AXA Insurance made you happy

Over a week
"I DO NOT RECCOMMEND AXA!!! Myself and my partner went on holiday to Egypt this year 2018 we got the travel insurance myself and my partner are healthy as especially me as I'm a gym head. Even before we flew we both saw our GP's to get our shots. I don't have any medical problems and neither does my partner. We got there partner got ill first vomiting, headache the lot. We ended up going to the doctor in our resort and paid the excess fee of £95 he prescribed a meds but it didn't help it then got worse the same day we got the meds and we ended up going to the HOSPITAL! We were there for a few hours while they did whatever they called checkups and such, keeping in mind its around 2 in the morning now they have our insurance documents and passports. They told us they cant get through to axa it goes to an answering machine and they even dialled in front of us and it actually did go to an answering machine. We just wanted to get back to our resort and in a comfortable bed. But they wouldnt let us leave untill they got paid so I had to pay with my own money just over £1,500 just so we can leave. I was very annoyed and that seriously effected our holiday and my wallet. We got back to the resort finally next day we went to the doctor again so we can call Axa and let the doctor confirm stuff. The connection was terrible and the customer service then told us to contact them once we get back to London. We got back to London and made phone calls its been 2 months and all I'm getting is they need this document they need that document I've provided everything I could from the doctors to the hospitals receipts and even screenshots of my bank account. Also they are asking for a medical report from my partners GP and telling us we have to pay £80 for the report that they need. Why would I have to pay for that?! This is still ongoing and this is not right as they are at fault and I am £1500 out of pocket because there customer service was not operating. The customer service team is useless."
Are you AXA Insurance? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback AXA Insurance receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"It is very difficult to contact Axa regarding claims. It took days to report my Claim as I didn’t have enough free time to sit through an hour of being on hold. Now every time I try to update the claim and get a repair My call cannot be completed or I get hung up on! It’s a lot of money to pay for a complete lack of service."
"WORST SERVICE EVER! They give you a decent quote to insure and then when you have a claim, THATS when they underwrite . As of today it has been SIX months since my car was stolen. YES! 6 months and all I’ve done is produce document and document every week for all this time. I’ve had to fly to another city just to sign a form in person. I got a rental paid for one month which was WAAAAY below the grade of car lost and this company and every single person I’ve talked to there is useless and actually antagonistic in making me work nonstop doing backflips to get them the ridiculous docs they ask for OVER AND OVER. STAY AWAY from AXA!"
"Axa sorted my written off car promptly (not my fault) with a payout. But after 8 months and numerous phone calls plus the ones over 1 hour on hold where I gave up waiting ,I am still none the wiser when they are going to settle the claim. Even the complaints team forwarded me to switchboard. Totally useless ,one I will avoid from this day forward."
"Involved in a car accident, hit by another vehicle. Reported the accident within an hour of it happening to the out of hours service and told it would be passed to claims ready for me to call the next morning. Started ringing at 9.30 am the next day to have to go through the whole thing again as they said they did not have any information. Spent until 3.30 pm trying to sort out what happened next with regard to my claim and also trying to get a courtesy vehicle (on hold an hour each time I rang). It took me to say to them that this would be the last call I would make to them and if nothing was sorted I would put it in the hands of my solicitor before I actually got an answer to the next stage of the claim. During the time I spent on the phone, my car had been moved to a storage company without my knowledge. I had numerous calls from a vehicle rental company offering a courtesy car but had to prove non fault to get one although my policy includes a courtesy car. It was only through the goodness of the car repairer that I got a courtesy car. It has and remains an absolute shambles, I thought I was doing the right thing moving my insurance to AXA as when I was obtaining a quote and setting the policy up it took not time at all to do so. I will never take insurance out with AXA again."
"When ever you ring axa to take out a policy and pay money you will wait less than 3 mins to talk to a member of staff. When you have had an accident you can be on hold for up to 1 hour listening to the most boring pre recorded message.. Should you have an accident out of office hours (inc all day Sunday) you cant even talk to the accident department as its closed. When you are on hold the pre recorded message tells you it is important to report the accident quick, Well good luck with that. My vehicle was damaged by a Deer running in to it, When I rang to report the incident I was asked twice if I had the other parties details."
"I pranged my car and needed repair work to the off side door. It was taken away to New Bridge Accident Repair in Sydenham. I was astounded that they kept the car for five weeks to carry out a three day job which indicated that this garage had organisational problems. When they eventually contacted to have it returned to me, the only availability was during office hours which made it difficult. They refused to deliver it to my work address which is only 5 miles from where I live, so we agreed on delivery on 06/10/18. I stayed home purposely but it did not arrive nor any correspondence since. I have called Axa an astonishing 21 times, but they tell me that they cannot 'get through.' I sent an email to their complaints department but did not receive any further action from them either. I called several times today but no reply from the garage. I have emailed them and said I will be collecting my car on Saturday morning regardless and if they cannot accommodate this request I intend to report the matter to the police. Axa have done absolutely nothing at any stage during my claim and I am furious at the inconvenience this has caused. I have just undergone a hip replacement and cannot get in to the tiny courtesy car provided, and I have no choice but to leave my home for another apartment this weekend and have no car to help me do this. I would NEVER use Axa for anything at all again. Ever. The level of customer service is ZERO."
"I have been in the queue for 100 minutes and still my call has not been taken, the AXA call centre is dreadful, please go elsewhere for insurance"
"My son has his car stolen 3 months today still no car after hours and hours on phone and countless emails still no joy stay away from this company"
"My parents are currently abroad awaiting repatriation. The communication is appalling and their lack of care is contributing to my parents health which is deteriorating daily whilst they wait for someone to pull their finger out and stop fobbing them off. I will hold them entirely responsible for anything else that happens that affects their health. They should not be stuck in Germany but they should be home with us. Absolutely dreadful company that I will do everything possible to discredit for the appalling way that have treated the people I love."
"After having my car written off. Still awaiting a hire car."
"NEVER use axa for travel insurance or anyone underwritten by them. My girlfriend fell ill with meningitis whilst in Hong Kong and needed 3 weeks of treatment. Axa have been absolutely appalling - finding any way of weaselling out of paying and making it confusing and difficult to challenge anything. They made a traumatic experience even more stressful for someone who was suffering from swelling around the brain - which can be made worse from stress. To add insult to injury they have acknowledged their bad treatment of us and offered £100 in compensation but still not dealt with the actual claim which is tens of thousands. We are now having to go through the financial ombudsman. Avoid at all costs."
"Axa have been great through my claimes but there customer services is by far the worst I have ever received I have been waiting a week for a call back and they say they are going to get some one to call me every day .... But they never do .... I was on hold for 1 hour and 40 mins then just got cut off ..... Absolute joke"
"We are a family of 6, of which 4 are young children. Here is our tale of woe, that has involved countless telephone calls, emails, wasted time and cost us a lot of money. We had an escape of water in a small ensuite bathroom last November where the shower tray had cracked unexpectedly. The water travelled as it was trapped underneath the vinyl and continued across the house. It reached the main family bathroom and spilled out where the vinyl there met the hallway carpet soaking it. A lot of water subsequently came through our kitchen ceiling causing the ceiling to crack and bend. We contacted AXA and were initially impressed, they told us they would send a surveyor from BVS to assess the damage within a couple of days. The surveyor offered a cash settlement to fix the repairs and advised us the hall way carpets could be replaced. A company specialising it drying properties was sent out to try and stop further damage, they left dryers on in our home for almost 2 weeks to remove as much moisture as possible. To aid the drying process they removed segments of the vinyl to expose the wooden boards. Unfortunately, this was where things started to go wrong. We had humidity tests done on our kitchen ceiling and bathrooms after the drying company finished and they were still showing high moisture levels a month afterwards. We got a series of quotes for the repairs and found that the settlement would only cover about 10% of the cost. Given AXA didn’t seem to want to accept the quote as “fair” we decided in January that we would get our own contractors in to fix our kitchen ceiling as we wanted to avoid future issues and would reclaim the additional costs later. Our contractors repaired that damage professional and promptly, however we were now £300 out of pocket as the settlement (before the excess was deducted) hadn’t been sufficient. We challenged AXA on this and eventually they accepted the repair cost for the kitchen ceiling was greater than initially believed and increased the settlement amount for this aspect, although we were still out of pocket for it. As AXA didn’t feel the quotes we sent them for the bathrooms were reasonable and we couldn’t come to agreement we agreed that AXA could instruct its own contractors to carry out the repairs, as if additional damage was incurred this would be covered. After several visits to scope the work we were expecting the works to be agreed by the end of February. However, AXA spent over a month negotiating the costs with the contracts and the works weren’t agreed till the later end of March. The expected date for the works during Easter came and went and still nothing had been done. We complained and subsequently the contracts had to do another site visit (why we have no idea!), and a date for the works was agreed for July. However, as they did not order the replacement vinyl they did not turn up nor notify us in advance, which wasted the time we booked of work. A later date at the end of July was agreed, the work should have taken 2 days as per the scope of works, however when the contractors turned up at 8am they did not have all the necessary materials they had to go pick up this, in addition they didn’t seem interested in carrying out all the works on the scope and had to be challenged on this. They left our house at 11:30am the same day as they had “finished”. However, their definition of finishing involved them causing thousands of pounds of damage to our bathroom tiles, as they had failed to show due care and attention at our property. In their rush to “finish” the job they had caused more damage than they been sent to fix, they could not connect soil pipes correctly and our sinks aren’t level (they are about 1cm higher on the right hand side). When we complained to the contractor they told us that new scoping would be needed for the tiling repairs so they wouldn’t be fitting the vinyl, so at this point we had been 8 months without proper covering for our bathroom floors! We complained to AXA about this, according the “Claims Manager” the contractors had been trying to “minimise disruption for our family” which was why they hadn’t been there that long. The damage to the tiling was “incidental” and wasn’t the contractors fault. Personally I’m shocked by such a claim as normally if you are experiencing difficulties you would advise the home owner, or stop and inform them after damage is incurred, not carry on and destroy the other bathroom before informing the home owner! AXA is refusing to cover the cost of repairing he bathrooms to their former state, they also want to use their contractors again and follow a suggested plan (which we have been advised by other contractors is unlikely to work without incurring further damage). Apparently AXA has no other contractors who service our area (North Essex) except the ones based in East London so we’re limited to them, or a cash settlement. When told they could use their own contractors again on the provision they agree to cover further damage as a result of the repair attempt I was told that AXA could not agree to this condition. Our only recourse now has to been to seek new quotes for the repairs and once supplied we will be initiating small claims court action as AXA has no intention of fulfilling their contractual agreement."
"Liars - they lie to your face about your claim, timelines of receiving your compensation and even about their systems."
"Having read some awful reviews I felt compelled to write a positive one. I have travel Insurance with AXA through my Lloyds bank account and to date have never needed to claim,however whilst on holiday in Majorca my son fractured his knee. AXA we’re fantastic they took care of everything rebooking my flight home plus taxis to and from and also another hotel. They also had to sort EasyJet’s mess when then cancelled our return flight and didn’t have any plans in Place or staff to deal with the problem, once again AXA stepped in and fixed it enabling me and my son to travel home - I personally thought they were amazing particularly as I was travelling alone with my son. When the flight was cancelled they called me all through the night with suggestions of alternatives as I was desperate to get home. Miguel in particular was outstanding 👍👍"
"I need Claims information when previously insured with AXA. No-one picks up with phone...when they finally answer you are on hold for over 20 minutes. (Three times I have been on hold for this period of time!) I have emailed and no-one responds. Appalling customer service!! Still on hold whilst typing this.....!"
"Bad, bad, bad people, VERY poor customer service, if you value your time and your life do not use this company because they don't."
"Broke my ankle back in march which required surgery. We used my fiance's phone no (she lives in the states) for all the paper work during any Dr's appointment, for the ER visit etc. She started getting letters from collection agencies so i called AXA to find out what the problem was. No problems i was told, we are finalising payments etc they said. Finally get an e-mail over a month ago saying that everything was being paid and settled. Fiance recieves a phone call from a debt collection agency 2 days ago chasing chasing a payment, called AXA to find out why it hadn't been paid. They assured me it had and sent me a statement saying everything had been paid and no debt collectors should be calling. Yesterday, another phone call from a different debt collection agency chasing a payment. Called AXA again, low and behold they hadn't paid one of the bills after assuring me everything was settled. I had sent them the bill more than once and the final demands more than once. The amount of stress and worry this put on my fiance is beyond belief. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!"
"Before taking out buildings insurance with AXA check that you are 100% sure what your drains are made of. If they are made of pitch fibre they WILL NOT BE COVERED by AXA which we have found to our cost. How you are supposed to know the composition of drains buried underground is beyond me but if in doubt don't use AXA. It's buried in the small print so be sure to check. You can check with them if you have any chance of getting through to them on the phone. I've spent over two hours on hold to them over the past two days and am currently 22 minutes on a hold trying to sort out another element of our claim which they have sent the wrong person to deal with. There must be better home insurance companies out there than this."
AXA Insurance is rated 2.88 based on 623 reviews