AXA Insurance Reviews

53% of reviewers recommend AXA Insurance

How would you rate AXA Insurance?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

556 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
the question should be what went right

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about AXA Insurance in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"the question should be what went right"
Mr Hilton Ref 1439413
Unverified Reviewer
"Had an accident with another vehicle (foreign truck driver), not my fault but I am fully comprehensive, I eventually got paid out for my car, but lost £300 excess. This happened in July 2017. I rote a poor review and got £50 has an apology with a promise of the matter getting sorted out, we are now in February 2018 with no finishing date? RAC are now asking me to get in touch with AXA due to them not responding to RAC £150 bill for collecting my car at the side of the road. RAC could not believe how they have been treated. Ill end up paying the bill £150 and deep down knowing Ill never see the £300 excess again. if anyone is reading this, stay well away from AXA car insurance or if you value anything that needs insurance stay well away."
"Leakey roof after storm damage. You would think the house insurance would cover it or the bricks and mortar, we had both with Axa. Nope, never answer the phone and couldn’t even get them to answer the emails or letters we had written. Might as well of thrown the insurance money out of a bus window."
"Put a claim in 5 weeks ago,hit a gate post in the snow but I'm fully comp. so dead straightforward, the approved repairers responded within 24hrs, I've now spent just as long trying to get a decision from Axa as to what they're going to do. No chance of them answering the phone, the only time I got through a little girl in an office told me they'd authorised the repair but that was not true. No idea what to do now."
"for claim car, insurance Minimum six months can go up to 10 years."
"Tried to get though on the phone 3 times last week but gave up due to long waiting times. Currently now been on hold for 2 hours 8 minutes so far!!"
"I used go compare to get quotes. As AXA came up with the cheapest deal I then proceeded to their site to purchase my insurance. All was good until I went to pay for it and an error code came up. I called the company to pay over the phone and was told one story from one advisor why my card was not taken then a totally different story from another advisor that it was nothing to do with my payment details but sometimes they just decide not to insure you. An absolute joke. If you can quote someone based on the details they submitted in go compare then not follow through and provide the insurance then what's the point in quoting to insure the said vehicle in the first place. Wasted my time calling them back twice. Called back my previous insurer and have renewed with them."
"They don't even deserve the 1 star! Completely the worst company dealt with! I thought I was buying Travel Insurance with a reputable company who would be competent and professional in what they do and the service they provide but I was wrong! After being involved in an accident abroad, my family contacted the 24/7 medical claims line. They did not go through any verification process so have for one breached data protection but regardless of that, they failed to provide the medical support and any other support. I was left in another country suffering a serious head injury and skull factory all by myself when I thought I would be covered with this insurance. We have a list of around 15 failings from AXA who in an email have admitted and apologised in their failings however now that an official complaint has been emailed, we have stopped hearing from them. Solicitors will be instructed and we will make sure AXA respond to every call, message and email they have ignored! A total team full of incompetent unprofessional scumbags!"
"I cancelled my insurance renewal and it took them a month to even reply to my email. They only replied after I left a bad review on Feefo. Now they want to charge me cancellation fees and a months insurance becuase they took a month to reply. I have to have debt collectors and small claims court. There are many other problems but I would honestly say they are the worst car insurance company I have ever gone with."
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Unverified Reviewer
"I've been on hold for 2 hours, 5 minutes and 47 seconds. I've never been on hold this long to any other company in my 33 years and 5 months on this earth. I reckon if I rang AXA on 0330 024 8086 at 8am this morning, I'd still be on hold when the world ends. Putting it into context, I could of played a whole football match or watched a film or two episodes of Peaky Blinders or 4 episodes of Friends or driven to London and back again or just in general did something useful with my life in the time that I have had to wait. And what sums it up... they cut me off. Someone pass me a shovel so I can dig out my will to live."
"A relative bought axa travel insurance through tui. While away one member of the party ended up spending 5 out of 7 days in hospital. It took a while to get compensation for the lost holiday. The hospital bill wasn't paid out by axa at the time. Turns out there was a paperwork era, no-one informed us. One year later the hospital sent bill for £5000. The correspondence and medical requests from Axa assistance were not clear what medical information they required. When GP sent report they said they didn't receive it. You have to deal with a department in Barcelona, Absolute nightmare, Expected to pay for medical reports. No peace of mind which you expect to have when you purchase insurance"
W Van Der Veen
Verified Reviewer
"BE AWARE YOUNG DRIVERS!! App did not record the undertaken journeys: Subsequently, AXA invoked our young drivers policy....... But surprisingly AXA are happy to provide another (more expensive) quotation for a 'new' policy."
"WoWorst company I have ever felt with. So many mistakes made. You can't get through to customer service sometimes up to an hour. Wish I had read reviews first."
"I wish I’d read the reviews before insuring both of our cars with Axa. Customer service is shocking and delivering a courtesy car taken 4 days so far and still waiting. Will not be using them again"
Ricky Bostock
Unverified Reviewer
"Claimed on a fairly black and white incident involving my car and another. The third party pulls out of a junction and I hit them off centre in the rear. I'm aware that crashes to the rear are a grey area, but honestly, the mouth of the junction is so wide that any car pulling out on you, will always cause a crash in the rear, due to the angle they enter the road at. So, based upon that, this is a fairly straightforward claim in my opinion. Axa has failed to get the third parties insurance to take responsibility so far, and I'm currently out of pocket due to my ludicrously high excess that I am waiting to be reimbursed. They asked for a diagram and statement of the incident from my part to which I put a lot of effort into, but when I rang them, they said they received no correspondence. They then found it within 30 seconds of me calling them (a week after I had sent it, but was happy to do nothing until I rang them)... I asked if they had sent my statement and diagram to the third party and they said they cannot. So, I don't really see the point. From my point of view, they have done absolutely nothing. I have that opinion because I have been kept completely out of the loop, and they haven't actually told me they have done anything apart from sending a letter to the third party (after they finally found my statement, so I guess that was my doing, not theirs). I'm struggling to understand why they are finding it hard to resolve such a simple, and black and white claim. The bit that really annoys me is the amount of time it takes them to pick up the phone. And when they do, they refer you to another department and have to sit on hold again. The correspondence between Axa and third party is via paper letter medium. Hense why it takes them so long to move on anything. Furthermore, they are also refusing to pay 2 more days of the hire car I had, because they just decided to stop paying for the hire car the day my car was finished, expecting me to drop my entire life to go and fetch it. Better still, the only correspondence they had from me was the day I dropped off the hire vehicle. So in my eyes, I gave the car back the day they told me my car was ready. They did not see it that way; void of any conceivable logic... Just a joke of a service really, for what I assumed to be a premium company. I laugh at the thought of me, or any of my friends and family using Axa as an insurance provider."
"My husband had his car hit by another driver outside our house back in Oct 2017 while he was asleep - the other driver gave us her details and my husband called axa - he got a replacement car. The insurance wrote his car off and we bought another one at the fnd of October - it is now January 2018 and wd still haven’t received the money for the car written off. Telephone lines are only open 8-5 when my husband is at work and the last time he called he waited 45 mins to be answered to be told they were too busy to talk to him they would call back and he haxmt had a call back. We just want the money we are owed ."
"The worst customer service in whole world! Was kept on hold for 40 minuets and eventually I was disconnected. I didn’t bother to call them again as had to go to work. I’ve sent an email instead. Received automatic message that they aim to respond in 24 hours. Two weeks later still no response. I need to start a formal complaint process. They did everything wrong, they put my name instead of my husband on accident claim which was made by my husband. Now it appears on cue database that two claims were made on the same day!! They started another claim on my behalf when I called them to notify that someone hit my car. I said that I am not going to claim anything as damage was not significant. They opened claim anyway and it remains unresolved on record with me being at fault! My premium is very high as a result. Avoid.......This company is total disgrace run by dodgy people."
Trident Motor Group
Unverified Reviewer
"I called them to chase up a claim reported two weeks prior by one of my customers and was left on hold for 1hr 27minutes!!!! At that point I gave up..................................................... Absolutely lousy customer service. I'm just glad that I don't personally insure with them, and advised my client to look elsewhere when her premiums are due"
"Abysmal customer service. Ridiculous wait times on the phone (30 mins plus on more than 1 occasion). Poorly trained representatives that haven't got a clue what they are talking about. Very unhelpful and unwilling to compromise. Awful company, please avoid."
"Id leave none if i could. Somebody whos with these hit my car n was totally written off i agreed a payment amount but left with nothing as they say they pay you yet its not put in bank for weeks but say they have."
AXA Insurance is rated 3.06 based on 556 reviews