Animal Friends Reviews

48% of reviewers recommend Animal Friends

How would you rate Animal Friends?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

114 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Lisa
Shocking company!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Animal Friends in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Shocking company!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!"
"policy discourages you from taking an animal to the vet as any claim made is tenuously linked back to a “previous condition” and won’t be honoured .augmentative, confrontational staff and definitely not ethical."
Mrs Thompson
Verified Reviewer
"I wish I could give this company no stars, long story short, my dog had a mast cell tumour,but they said because it was diagnosed as a simple wart a couple of years ago,( 2 vets said it was nothing to worry about) just a wart ,2 years later we noticed a change,so vet sent samples to lab, it came back as a low grade mast cell, vet did good job,my dog is fine now,but Animal Friends after us paying the first £100, they wouldn’t pay the £400 insurance owing. We have changed insurance company now."
"At the insurance renewal for my dog, it has increased by 25% since last year despite no claims in the last year. When I spoke with Chloe she showed no signs of empathy. It's obviously just a job to her and the company name "Animal Friends" is just a joke. I appreciate things go up each year but 25% ? Really? I won't be renewing my other dog's insurance policies either."
"DO NOT USE. Never claimed in 8 years and then claim rejected and landed with £4K vet fees!! Every vet I've spoken to has said to steer clear as they'll do anything to not pay out!"
"QUITE SIMPLE READ EVERYONE ELSES THERE IS MORE BAD REVIEWS THAN GOOD, STILL WAITING FOR MY CLAIM TO BE SETTLED 14 WEEKS ON NO VET WILL BILL THEM DIRECT DUE TO NON PAYEMENT TO 6 MONTHS WAITING PAY A LITTLE EXTRA AND GET GOOD SERVICE, GOOGLE THERE REVIEWS TO SEE HOW BAD THEY ARE EVEN WATCHDOG ON BBC TV SHOWED HOW BAD THEY WERE"
Ken From Hindley Wigan
Verified Reviewer
"Made a claim in November 2017 still waiting said they will process the clam, keep saying they need my bank details sent 3 times and still no money this company is the carrilion of pet insurance big cash flow problems buy at your own risk been with them 10 years even hadto renew insurance with them in December 2017 they want your money but wont part with there money, shame on them"
"Hard to judge an insurer until you need them but the buying process was painless and the price was good."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Robbing company do not give them your money"
"Your not clearly informed your not insured if your pet is stolen within 14 days l knew l couldn’t make a medical claim but not that l wasn’t insured - we had puppy stolen and nothing but they cancelled the policy no offer of premiums - pointless Go elsewhere you wouldn’t insure a car that wasn’t insured for thief within 14 days why not your pet - dog thief is the most increases crime in the UK they know this when they insure you"
"Animal Friends should be renamed "We do not pay out!" We have had dog insurance over a period of 35 years and this is without doubt the worst company we have had the misfortune to deal with. They refuse to pay out, even if you have followed your vet's advice! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!"
"Would give them 0 stars if I could. Worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. They try and get out of paying you and they delay doing so by weeks if not months. Save yourself the stress of using this firm and pay that little extra for a decent company who look after you and your pet."
"Complete waste of £75 pm. Made first ever claim for a very small amount and it was rejected due to being told it was a pre existing condition ( it wasn't) Apparently that's their favourite get out clause. Disgusting 'insurance ' company and I wish I'd done more research before I took out a worthless policy with them. You only have to read the endless bad reviews to realise how bad this company is. Buyer beware!"
Samantha Kiernan
Unverified Reviewer
"Avoid like the plague, been insured for over 6 years paying around £30 a month so had roughly £2000 Plus off me, put a claim in for ear infection for £230, but cos my dog went to vets on 18th sept then my policy renewed on 21st sept there charging 2 excess of £69 as it runs over 2 years insurance apparently, ( not the fact I’ve had continuous insurance with them for the past 6 years. Only paying out £100 absolutely disgusted and fuming."
"I was worried that I wouldn't be able to insure my puppy because she's a rescue and I have no way of getting a full vet history, but they've been amazing, and WAY cheaper per month than PetPlan and the like. Staff were really friendly and helpful on the phone, and this is my first dog so that really helped. So far so good!"
"Policy utterly worthless. Will clas any unrelated issue as a pre existing condition to avoid their responsibilities. Save your money and bank it for when you need a vet"
"I have been insured with Animal Friends, or should that be Animal Fiends, on their Superior Plus cover (Superior Plus - that's a joke!) for over three years at a cost of around £280 per year (£1100+ paid in total). I claimed nothing until last month, when I claimed for just over £300 for an examination that was carried out on my four year old dog for a specific stomach complaint. Before I claimed, I rang Animal Friends to discuss the claim and was told there should be no problem. After submitting the claim I received a letter from AF saying my claim had been denied because the condition had been present before I had insured with them. This was abject nonsense. I had visited the vet several times for a colonic sensitivity issue resulting in loose stools which my dog had as a puppy (which was cleared up with a diet change almost two years since) and twice for short-lived bouts of sickness caused by dietary indiscretion, like any dog gets from time to time. None of this was related in any way whatsoever to the stomach complaint I claimed for, which was repeated vomiting on an empty stomach over a period of several weeks. I feel I have been scammed. You pay your premium on the dot every year, trusting the company to act honestly when you need them to help out, and when you have to claim a fraction of it back for a perfectly valid reason you are refused. This company is an absolute disgrace and I wish now I'd taken notice of the terrible reviews it routinely gets on the review sites. I have now emailed them cancelling my policy. Obviously I will not now be insuring my dog, because all that happens is you end up paying extortionate premiums on top of the vet bills you have to pay anyway."
"My lab was diagnosed with pyometra and we were given the shocking news either a risky hysterectomy given her age or euthanasia we went for the op the vet said it was extremely unlikely pet insurance would cover this type of condition but animal friends agreed to cover. my dog is makin steady recovery the vets bill almost 2000 we would not have been able to pay so thank you animal friends. Anyone thinking of not bothering with insurance for there dog think again my dog would of been dead without a policy"
"My 4year old chocolate Labrador suddenly went ill with vomiting and pyrexia took him to emergency vet and back to my own vet the vet did a x-ray on his stomach on the Wednesday took him back again on Thursday everything in gut was the same so they operated thinking he had a blockage but no blockage looked higher to the stomach half his stomach was black the lining had gone and an ulcer that had come through the stomach wall and it had stopped the gut working the vet couldn't do nothing for him so heart breaking and shocked at having to put my boy to sleep animal friends wouldn't pay the insurance as he had colitis (which was under control through diet and no episode since he was 8mths old)had a letter from the vet saying that the 2 weren't related and the vet phoned them also,so be very careful about animal friends I'd never use them again"
"Be very careful with this company, they are cheap only if your dog is younger than 8yrs old or your cat is under 10yrs, ive just lost my boy who was 10yrs the total bill was £2,800 I paid 2 excesses of £99.00 only to find out because my dog was over 8yrs I was liable for a additional 35% which meant I had to pay £1,150, buyer beware ! ! !"
Animal Friends is rated 2.98 based on 114 reviews