Animal Friends Reviews

Animal Friends have a Customer Happiness Grade of A-. Customers love their customer service and are happy with their prices. Full Insights

39% of reviewers recommend Animal Friends
Telephone

How would you rate Animal Friends ?

"Terrible company - rip off!! My poor sister used these, I have recommended Pet Plan, who I use, so much better."
Posted 4 minutes ago
"Wow. Is there anything they won’t try to wriggle out of paying? Take this advice - put the money aside in savings. Then at least you’ll have something to put towards vet bills. Charlatans."
"Insured with them for years had to make a small claim and they refused to pay"
"Our dog had a minor throat upset after running into a tree branch. After vet visit (£200) Animal Friends (the irony) said the vet had named the breed of our dog slightly different and our premium would have to increase by almost 50%! Our vet immediately said it was a mistake, put the breed as originally claimed and sent details to AF who then wrote to us weeks later to say our claim was now outside of the time limit! Avoid this company - as one other reviewer said, almost 55% of reviewers give this company one star! Says it all."
"using dental issues to get out of paying claims, even though dental problems was not the conclusion. Beware of this company, read all others reviews from other websites before purchasing any insurance with them"
"My dog has to have 2-3 inches of her lower jaw removed, she has a benign cancer which is in the jawbone , animalnotfriends wil not pay using the “any dental or gum treatment”; when is the jawbone part of the gum or teeth, Beware by their definition, any problem involving the mouth even not teeth or gum related and you’ve had it, Avoid like the plague"
"WOW, doesn't seem to be any reputation management here, this score is more representative of the service you will get from this terrible company. I give ZERO STARS, IN FACT, A MINUS FIGURE WOULD BE MORE ACCURATE!!!!!! 53.25% of people rate this company 1 star."
"Recently my dog refused a ear pollop removal ,as apparently he had an ear infection in 2016 before I took out a policy with animal friends , now looks like my dog will have to be put to sleep as I can't afford £2000 operation , i have never claimed for him and when I need help they fob me off ,devasted and angry ,stay away at all costs"
"never use them! dog got killed outright in car accident ....wouldn't pay a thing said it was our own fault ! shocking company avoid !"
"Been great for us- two cats who cost altogether about £9k last year. Claims were settled direct to vet practice and specialists Premiums obviously increased which I expected but not massively that we can't afford it- so glad we have this insurance"
"Beware the small print, Animal Friends deduct excess twice if condition carries on into another year e,g, I was paying £43 per month with an excess of £99., I had superior plus lifetime cover. Pet was Ill in May , policy automatically renewed 31st May, pet was treated for same condition in June so had to pay excess twice which was £198. Better off to insure pet whilst young, paying the low cost to draw you in. Meanwhile put money away each month, end insurance when price rockets and continue to self insure. Pet insurance is a racket designed to rob pet owners and make certain people very rich."
"Was going to take out a policy today but the reviews are a horror show so i will stick with Pet Plan."
"Animal friends come across as a very caring company who donates to Animal charities. This is how they attract their customers. In real life the staff are uncaring robots, untrained to check records and have no compassion for the sick animal. I shall be moving all my pets elsewhere. Also check the small print with senior policies."
"Absolutely disgraceful company , staff are uncaring robots, policy schedule offered to customers bares no resemblance to policy after reading terms and conditions. don't pay out on death of pets over 8years old , yet I was not informed of this when buying policy."
"happy to offer a full quote , but then exclusions on terms and agreements are many please check very carefully . if pet is over 8 years old take care , these are highway robbers."
"If your dog is over 12 months old they will not pay the full death cover they offer if your pet is unlucky to die."
"Good price for lifetime insurance. Never had any issues and they donate to charity. what's not to love!"
"I would not recommend this company. Our dog was diagnosed with a slipped kneecap in May 2018. They have refused to pay stating it was a pre existing condition even though I'd been to my vet 4 times previously. I made a formal complaint and they use the vets notes and correspondence but did not address my issues. I have heard on various forums that they don't pay for claims so be warned."
"My dog was insured by Animal Friends. He developed a leg issue whilst under their policy. They decided to disallow a genuine claim based on a technical issue and then went even further and advised that they would also exclude the condition from any further coverage. Terrible company with no compassion or intention to assist. Clearly just making money with no focus on pet care. Could have lived with the first issue - but then to decide to disallow a genuine condition because they now know about it - cold and money focused."
"6 month old pup jumped over a wall and banged his mouth and ended up having to have his roots removed after his teeth fell out. Small print says they don’t cover dental work despite it being an accident. Looking forward to not renewing."
Animal Friends is rated 2.61 based on 161 reviews