Allianz Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Allianz
7PM
7PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Allianz?

Tell us how Allianz made you happy

Telephone
"I took out pet insurance however, they started taking far more money than I agreed to from my account each month totalling over £30 more for the policy. There was no notice nor consent for them to do this. I demanded proof of my consent. The lady could offer none. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AND ALWAYS CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS."
Are you Allianz? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Complete joke. Samsung S9 accidental damage. Claim part of bank account Insurance bolt on. Allianz took £50 excess, wanted excessive detail like network provider, EMEI etc then did nothing for 6 days, messed up my records to look like had paid £290 along they way.... Turned out I dodged a bullet by cancelling claim as they intended to use non approved repairer that would void my warranty and also at least a week away through post. In contrast, my home contents insurance paid full samsung repair amount to me directly, with no excess, no unnecessary questions, and its being repaired on site, samsung approved, with warranty, at my home within 3 working days. claim ref 201810266 - get it verified"
"I used Allianz to insure my violin two years ago. I had a few issues opening the account as the website did not recognise my address. After failing to open an account online I was able to sort it out over the phone with no issues. A couple days later I noticed that three payments of £33 had left my bank account (the price of the insurance x3). This coincided with the three failed attempts to open an account online. I rang up straight away and this was quickly resolved. A year later, before my renewal date, I requested that my insurance not be renewed as I had found a cheaper insurer. Little to my knowledge the annual payment of £33 had left my account the following month. The following year (so two years since cancelling) another payment of £33 was taken out of my account. I noticed this transaction and I contacted Allianz straight away but the customer service advisor that I spoke to said that the financial department had not seen any transactions from my bank account and that there was nothing they could do, disappointing but ok. So I contacted my bank who were fantastic and they managed to recover the £66 later that day (plus any overdraft fees as it had knocked me into my overdraft). To this day I haven't received an apology from Allianz, I respect it was a small amount of money, but what if it had been an annual car insurance sum? I would have been left unable to pay my rent! Won't be insuring through this company ever again."
"I was insured by Ford Insure, underwritten by Allianz. i haven't been insured with them since April, yet i'm still having problems with them. in 2015 they were fantastic. i parked my car outside my house - i don't have a drive, so its on road parking. a lady, oversteered to avoid something, and when correcting her oversteer drove into my car shunting it forward, into the one parked next to it. long story short, it was a right off. ford were fantastic, as it was a right off, and 8months old, it qualified for the new for old scheme. so i got a brand new like for like replacement. allianz were very helpful, and understanding. in 2017 i was unfortunate to be involved in crash for cash. i took my car to the sister dealership of the one i got it from (only because its open on saturday afternoons and my one isn't), and explained what had happened. i said the woman had said i had driven into her, and caused damage to her a1 audi. i showed them (the garage) the image of the damage. i categorically did not feel the impact when i 'hit' her - yet i felt the impact when i hit a rabbit last week. i felt nothing. the garage mechanics ran tests on the car. the garage said there is no way that i could have caused that damage to her car. i sent the form to allianz. allianz sent out one of their investigators. the guy laughed when i said i had been on my own in the car, as he said that i why i would have been targeted. when i saw him he found nada. yet when allianz talked to him, he did. so apparently its my fault. despite the fact that my garage, who i trust, say i haven't caused the damage... no3. somebody drove into me on a mini roundabout. i was indicating to go right, do a u-turn, like i had done 365x3 times before, in order to park my car outside my house. the guy behind me was going above the 30mph speed limit, and i'm guessing wasn't paying attention. as he drove into me and took my central crash beam out. despite having been driven to, apparently its 50/50. its now bloody looming over me. and i'll be on the phone to the solicitors in the morning."
"THIS IS BY FAR, THE WORST HEALTH INSURANCE EVER. I BEEN CLAIMING A REFUND FOR OVER 6 MONTHS, SERVICES IS TERRIBLE AND THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU."
"Worst, worst, worst company ever don't give them a penny because you'll never get anything back from them."
"If one of their customers crashes into you they are utterly incompetent. From start to finish the worst experience I could of had with an insurer. Currently they have lost my car."
"Absolutely horrific company. Trust me don't bother. Was broken into in November and still not a penny from this company. They will do anything to stall or not pay out."
"Allianz claim to handle fairly and promptly not in my case. They are the worst insurance I have ever dealt with and would definitely NOT recommend anyone one to use them. They do not listen to real reason for claim and take forever to get back to you. If there were a zero star rating that's what I would give."
"Absolute rubbish companyy.Excuses just not to pay out. Luckily my insurance up for renewal in a week won't bother with them"
"Fast resolution, courtesy car delivered next day. Polite and friendly staff."
"good"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"I have had no contact with Allianze so not able to give a review"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"As this is my first home contents policy with Allianz it is somewhat limited in appraisal content. I can only comment on the reasonable value of this policy purchase as being fair and suitably appointed by Go Compare."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"The insurance I bought was everything I wanted and the transaction was smooth and quick. The staff were very helpful and friendly."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"We are very happy with quick and efficient service . Please ensure you give us a competitive quote and we will go with you again"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"I have had an excellent service with Allianz this year, they even guided me through the process for my replacement windscreen I need after having mine crack on me this winter, it's one of the best services I have had for a long time, very helpful and polite staff when you phone them as well"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Very good service and prices will continue using this year"
"good experience."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Excellent customer service, received all paperwork promptly, very satisfied and pleased with the service."
Allianz is rated 4.29 based on 180 reviews