Gardeners Dream Reviews

Read Gardeners Dream Reviews

andy.goldie@gardenersdream.co.uk

Gardeners Dream, Glasgow Road, Kilsyth

Tell us how Gardeners Dream made you happy
I ordered a gardenia and received the very cheapest fuchsia. The difference was so obvious. I was asked repeatedly to send a photo. I was unable to do that. My concern was dismissed. Should have checked the reviews!!
Ordered six alpine plants. On arrival three were dead and two were sorry specimens. Nothing like the photo shown on Amazon.
Firstly the Magnolia Stellata tree I ordered on 26th June and duly arrived on 30th June was not as advertised; the tree was in fact grafted onto another tree; when phoning and enquiring about this I was assured that ''this is standard procedure for the tree you have ordered any more queries just phone''. Ok no probs or so I thought, after potting and watering my grafted tree I was more than surprised after a couple of weeks to see shoots coming out of what I can only describe as the surrogate tree; on phoning your customer line (which is now not operating) I spent most of yesterday 20th July 2021 attempting to get a straight answer (by email) as to what I should do, leave them or take them off. Your only reply every time was ''we need a photo'' not bothering to ring me even though I said I would pay for your call. Finally one of my neighbours took a photo and it got sent to you, your reply was ''take them off with a sharp instrument and cover the part they have come from with tree sealing wax''. A phone call would have saved all the frustration I suffered; foxtrot oscar is what I say to you I for one will never recommend your chocolate teapot company.
What a dreadful outfit. I ordered two clematis plants as a present for our son. They arrived after a week in the post. They were spindley weak little things and both were withered and brown and looking pretty dead. No way could I give them as a present. I tried my best to get them going in my own garden but it was utterly futile. They had come from somewhere in a Holland and had been in their small pots far too long so that the roots were completely balled up. Needless to say they are both as dead as doornails. I reordered the clematis from another firm called Roots. What a difference: their clematis arrived three times the size and in fantastic condition - and with a five year guarantee. You have been warned: Gardener’s Dream???? More a total nightmare. Refund?? Pig’s might fly it seems... replacement plants? not acceptable, not wanted and not offered.
I ordered 6 lots of plants , they arrived in a terrible state Some of the plants were shot , some dead and some barely a plant Complete waste of money, my advice is leave well alone There customer service is as bad as there plants
Ordered a Hydranger. Not cheap. Sent a twig. You have been warned.
£25 worth of Items never arrived. (Via the eBay site) They blamed the couriers, claimed they were going to send me replacements, which also never arrived. I requested a full refund, to which they agreed, however, I’ve never received it. So to me, this make this company fraudulent. Do not use.
Not good value for money. My fault as I knew it was in a 9cm pot but seriously...plants arrived as a mere twig with a few leaves on. No more than a small cutting really. Had another delivery from country climbers and WOW, what a difference for a few £ more. Will not waste my money again
I wish I had read the reviews before ordering No instructions the supporting stick had more life in it No phone line available prompt email reply SO SORRY etc. so far no more contact Was it because I could not send photos
I have order Camellia Spring Festival Tree and a thin stem with a few unhealthy twigs arrived. No buds to flower as per advertised pictures on Amazon web and then told that it is still out of season. But it is season now for Camellias. It is spring, and Camellias particularly this variety, should have buds to bloom!!
I wish I had read reviews before ordering. Just spent £60 on a “6ft lilac tree” when it is actually a thin standard stem with a few twigs grafted on the top. Very disappointed. I have contacted GD so happy to amend this if I have been sent the wrong one by mistake.
Plants came punctually, in good condition, mixed gardeners choice ,but no names, or descriptions, coundvnot identify on app, so will have to keep in pots until they flower to see what they are size and height and width is very important to avoid over crowding ,if you are serious about your business, then I suggest you give more thought to your customers, after all, without amateur gardeners your business would not survive
Thought I was buying a partially round formed minature of a Magnolia Stellata instead I got two spindly twigs ,totally misleading advert!!! Plus it won't let you upload pics of purchases???
Paid nearly £50 for four house plants ..they arrived squashed into a box and were nowhere near as big as pictures. One was little more than a seedling. On complaining, I was told to send them back at my own expense.
One item missing but still charged for .Also another plant ordered 4 pieces 3 were ok and fourth was a dead leaf with earth in a plastic bag sealed with a band . Very disappointing that this item was selected and send to customer . Still waiting for a response. Left disappointed with order .
I am missing part of my order and so cannot compete my garden project without going to purchase the missing staples from somewhere else! Extremely disappointed
I CANNOT SAY HOW PLEASED I WAS TO RECEIVE MY DWARF VIVTORIA PLUM TREE OFF YOU. LOVLEY SHAPE & RIGHT UP TO MY EXPECTATIONS THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE I would not give any stars if it was possible. I ordered moss wreaths from this company and instead of sending the correct item, they sent me plain rose gold wire rings and did not even inform me of this, I found out when the parcel arrived. This has now left me without the correct item which means I am having to let customers down. I emailed to ask for the correct items to be sent and they said that they had sent these because the ones I had ordered are out of stock. They hadn’t even warned me about this or given me the option of a refund. This is absolutely shocking customer service. I have tried to call this company but they will not even pick up the phone. Ridiculous
In short, bought a tree which was broken by the supplier as the tree was too big for the box and the packaging had no sign of damage. I was asked to return the tree and they would reimburse me costs. They only reimbursed the cost of the tree. Delivery was my cost despite the very obvious fact the tree was damaged when being packed by the supplier.
Disappointed that the friendship plant I ordered did not come with any instructions as how to look after it,especially as this is a gift.
Gardeners Dream is rated 3.30 based on 152 reviews