Gap Year Travel Store Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Gap Year Travel Store
"excellent service and product"
"Item as described, arrived on time and in perfect condition"
"Easy to order and fast delivery"
""
"We needed travel plugs for Japan fast! These guys delivered! Many thanks. X"
"Hi Team, The product I bought was Osprey backpack and it was great. I loved it. Thanks for that however I would like to bring to your attention that your logistics partner DPD is my primary reasons for disatisfaction for shopping with you. I ordered the bag to take it on my Swiss alps vacation starting on 4th August however the bag didn’t arrive till then and I ended up taking my cabin luggage. DPD successfully spoilt my holiday and made my Swiss experience a disaster. The delivery that was supposed to happen on the 2nd day from order, DPD took their own sweet 10 days to deliver the bag after to chasing them 4 times on email and eventually writing to their director of customer experience (who hasn’t responded yet) I’ve decided not to shop with any of the sites that has DPD has their delivery partner. Unless you get this corrected or give me more options of other logistics partners. Please see the issue that i highlighted to director of DPD who is another careless gentleman who doesn’t care about your customer nor his customers. Many Thanks, Ram. Hi Director of Customer Experience, I would like to bring to your attention about a very poor service from DPD. On 28th July I ordered for a backpack on gap year online for my vacation, the bag was dispatched on 30th July and I paid £6.99 for the delivery however its 3rd August today and I still havent received it only due to silly mistakes by your driver and false promises by your make it right team. Let me point out to you where the customer experience is completely going wrong in this case. 1. This is the second time he is knocking on the wrong door. The photo he clicked clearly shows it is 24 NOT 24A. The driver doesnt care to call and find out where the house is nor does he uses his common sense to ask around. 2. You dont have any mechanism online to give you the directions or instructions while rearranging delivery. 3. You dont have a customer service number to call and direct you to the right address. 4. No option to reschedule the delivery for same day. 5. I clearly mentioned in my email to make it right team that the driver was at the wrong address and the same mistake repeating again shows you have not given any instructions to the driver to reach out to the right address. 6. I had Patricia from make it right team call me on 1st August and i explained her the whole mess, I walked through google street view to point out what the driver was missing to do. I did mention to her that i couldnt go into work just waiting for this delivery to arrive. She did apologies and promised me that the parcel will be delivered in the 10am slot on 2nd August and she gave me the assurance my holiday wont be messed up. Here is a company who cant deliver a simple parcel on time, gives false promise and 'make it right' team is gets it all wrong but doesnt fail to charge me. I'm completely disappointed with the disaster service and I suggest your teams use simple common sense to deliver than following a rigid process of clicking pics of wrong doors and not delivering the passport on time. I once again congratulate your inefficient team for successfully screwing up my holiday. How long more do you guys need to deliver the bag? Regards, Ram"
Hi Ram,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm really glad to hear you were happy with the backpack...Not so glad to hear about the rest of your experience :(

I agree that this is unacceptable and we will be discussing this incident with our DPD account manager. We very rarely receive complaints about DPD, so I'm really surprised to hear about the level of service you received from them.

Once the parcel leaves our warehouse we entrust its safe delivery to DPD, who we can usually rely on to provide a fast and efficient service. I'm really sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion.

Someone from our customer services team will be in touch shortly to discuss the issues you experienced with our courier and to hopefully try and restore your faith in us!

Kind Regards,

Rachel
"Great service - excellent products - reasonably priced & well researched. Super fast delivery. All good thank you very much"
"Exactly what we wanted, thank you"
"Very happy with the product and the service ."
"Item came very quickly,and was as expected. Thankyou."
"Got just the bag we were looking for at a great price!"
"Very Good Service"
"My order was sent out with my address incomplete. I paid for next day delivery but ended up having to collect my parcel from the depot 2 days later."
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm really sorry that you had to collect your parcel from the DPD depot. Orders are sent through electronically to our warehouse, so the details entered by the customer at checkout are the ones that are sent through to our couriers.

I believe a member of our customer service team emailed you for more information when DPD were having problems with the incomplete address, as we didn't have a telephone number for you.

I will have a member of the customer services team look into this for you and someone will be in touch shortly.

Apologies once again for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Rachel
"Excellent service. Rucksack as discrubed."
"Good service, low price and fast delivery."
"Easily found the items I was looking for on the website. Order arrived on the due date."
"Delivered quickly and without any problems"
"Extremely helpful salesperson, fast delivery."
"Great store, but the travel bottles Got broke shortly after purchase"
"Could not fault this company. Everything that I ordered is of great quality and exactly how I expected it to be. It was all packaged well and delivered very promptly. I will definitely be using this company again for future purchases."
Gap Year Travel Store is rated 4.77 based on 48 reviews