Furniture Village Reviews

Home & Garden
Furniture
Home & Garden
Furniture

How would you rate Furniture Village?

Paul Biddlecombe
Unverified Reviewer
"Why can't a reviewer choose no stars? is there a point to these reviews? Does the company ever read them? Respond to them? I posted a review over a month ago that my 93 year old dad's electric reclining chair, that he needs for a bad leg, had stopped working. We reported it at the end of December to FV and it's still not fixed. There have been four engineer visits and the part not ordered for weeks, and now the wrong part has been sent twice! You really couldn't make it up."
"Wish we had read these reviews before purchasing our suite! We purchased a Parker Knoll suite with manual recliners, delivery was very good, within 6 weeks. Delivery 'lads' very nice and careful but on unpacking the suite discovered they hadnt sent the correct bolts to attach the settee...also discovered that the chair and settee were extremely hard to recline. FV were notified right away by the delivery lads and myself...i was promised that admin would deal with it on the monday. When the delivery lads left we realised the feet of the chair were the wrong colour! I rang FV back and reported this as well. Customer service is a disgrace, many phone calls and emails. Had to involve Parker Knoll who were upset about the incidents but said they couldnt become involved until FV had sent a report in. Still no report from them so I rang yet again and was told they had sent report that day...almost 3 weeks since delivery. Finally had a technician come on saturday but no thanks to FV...this was because i recontacted Parker Knoll to ask if they had received the report...they hadnt but they took it upon themselves to send the bolts and correct coloured feet. On saturday whilst fixing the feet on we noticed the lining underneath the armchair is ripped in 2 places. The techinician reported it to Parker Knoll and i received an email monday to say theyve ordered replacement lining and it will be replaced as soon as possible. So, to sum up...do not use Furniture Village for anything, customer service is non existent, nobody is interested and they simply do not care."
"Would be easier to say what went right and that is nothing dont ever use this company bought reclining leather sofa and dining table both arrived damaged 5 separate visits by "engineers" final visit confirmed that recliners were delivered damaged but still took threat of legal action to get any response from the company do not ever waste your money with this company all they want to do is take your money for shoddy goods"
"Utterly shocking - incompetent and total disregard for even a basic level of customer service. Having reported a faulty mattress on a sofa bed (metal spring protruding from mattress) we were offered a complete replacement sofa bed. I also raised a secondary claim for a suit that was torn on the spring - the suit claim was paid out but only after chasing and threatening to go to the small claims court. The replacement sofa was delivered and the old one collected. The delivery team failed to secure the bed mechanism and subsequently gauged the wallpaper and plaster in our hallway and stairs. The delivery driver even stated ‘ he was being lazy not fastening the mechanism’. Third claim now raised and we are dealing with the Warehouse Manager ?!?!? Furniture Village send their ‘decorators’ round and we agree the making good and decorating. Decorator’s arrive and state they can touch in the textured wall paper rather than wall papering over. I agree as long as they can match the texture. Suffice to say they filled the wallpaper, did not even sand it and there was no effort to match the texture. Plaster was not filled, paint not cut in so previous colour visible in places, one coat only so old previous colour visible under full light and...... Paint on the carpet, Paint on the decking and brickwork outside. You are incompetent at every level with a complete disdain for you customers. It is with regret that I have to resort to social media and review sites in order to be heard."
"Poor quality sofa with "puddles", dressing issue and too soft cushions, unlike in the shop, within weeks from delivery. Getting out of shape within 3 months. Staff in the shop friendly to sell, but neither them or the Customer Aftercare feel any responsibility towards the defect. Overpriced poor quality and no guarantee followup."
"I am a previous employee of the reading branch ,the furniture gets damaged a lot and it was my job to repair it, I was giving wax to fill chips and damages in the wood and colouring pens to colourer in the scratches in the leather I was over worked and didn't get payed nearly 2 k in wages at the end. I wouldn't recommend the furniture village to anyone horrible place to of worked and they don't care.shop elsewhere"
"I bought a side board in December from slough on my credit card. 3 attempts to deliver. 1st attempt they said we won’t take it to your 1st floor and they declined the delivery without even coming to the property. Second attempt the side board was so badly damaged that the loaders just put it back in the van before even getting it inside my house. 3rd attempt loafers wanted me to sign a disclaimer that I would be responsible for damages to my property or the sideboard in the attempt to install. Still waiting for an answer from the store manager (who actually advised me not to sign the disclaimer as he had never heard of this). Still paying interest on my credit card. And lost 3 days of my holiday."
"bought 2 leather settees in june 2017, rang furniture village in march 2018 as one of the cushions is sagging. engineer came out and said it was not structural so received letter from furniture village stating that cushions sagging is not covered by warranty. it's due to ware and tear. doesn't say much for the padding in the cushions as there are only two 70 year olds sitting on these settees, none of us are overweight, we rotate the settees monthly, we have no grandchildren jumping on them, so can only assume whatever padding is in the cushions is poor quality. would never buy from furniture village again."
"Purchased mattress. The on-line price was far cheaper then in-store. When I contacted the store they said it was an error ! Very disappointed :-("
Denis Kennedy
"The after sales service is almost non existent My sofa was under guarantee and broke before the warranty ran out and when I called furniture village I was put on hold for ages then they said they would send an engineer out. They failed to call me back with a date and over the next 3 weeks or so I had to call them several times as they would not call me and this cost me over £20.00 in access charges and premium call charges. I would never buy from them again."
"Furniture damaged on delivery, now they say they can't fix it and want me to accept paltry compensation. Absolutely appalling customer and aftercare service. Don't buy from them."
"Ordered and paid for one chair 29 December 2017, told 10 week wait. Ok. A long time but willing to wait that time. Looking forward to early March should get chair. Had phone call, sorry delay in container coming from China, delivery now end of April. Today we get another call, sorry further delay chair will not be delivered now until end of May. 5 months before I get my chair and yet F V have had my money since end of 2017. If I had known it was coming from China I would never have ordered it. It would be quicker to get one from the moon. Really upset about this. Will never buy from them again."
Sue Carwithen
Unverified Reviewer
"After receiving excellent service at the Bristol Furniture Village store we are extremely disappointed with their after care service. We purchased a 2 seater and 3 seater Wilton sofas at a cost of £2050.00. We had them delivered and signed to say they were not unpacked or checked due to us moving house. After moving and unpacking sofas we noticed one of the seat cushions on the 3 seater had a patch that was a lighter shade of grey. We reported it to the after care team. An independent assessor came at 07.30 on a Saturday morning when it was still dark. He proceeded to tell me he was early so he could get finished for the day! He took photos of the seat cover using poor lighting from wall lights in our lounge. I said at the time I wasn’t happy with the photos. I then received notice from the after care team with a copy of his comments and photos which looked pink due to poor quality and lighting. They said in their opinion it was not a manufacturing fault, he had said it looked like we had spilt something on it and had rubbed the fabric. We had taken out Guardsman protection for the sofas at a cost of over £200 so no way would we attempt to ‘rub’ any kind of stain!!! This was all in his opinion not actual facts!! We were told as the sofa was not checked within a certain time period they were taking into account his comments and said it was not a manufacturing problem and would not replace the seat cover. I am absolutely disgusted at their response after spending so much money on a beautiful sofa that I feel really let down with. The cost for me to purchase a 3 seater cushion cover is £125.00 which I am truly disgusted with. We are in our lovely new home with our £2050.00 sofas but extremely unhappy!!!!!"
Sue Carwithen
Verified Reviewer
"Poor after care"
Paul Biddlecombe
Verified Reviewer
"Don't ever buy anything with a moving part from Furniture Village. Their repair service is complete and utter rubbish. My brother and I bought a very expensive chair for our 93 year-old dad who has to keep his leg raised when sitting down. we thought that an electric chair would be ideal. It broke down in December, only a few weeks after buying it, and they still haven't fixed it! They actually phoned our 91 year-old mother at 8 o'clock one night to get her to authorise them to order the new motor! It's under warranty - they should order it! Their technician/repair man should carry them in his van! There are only a couple of moving parts that could fail! At last, we heard from a third party that a technician was going in today to fix it. It turns out it's the same person who went originally to diagnose the fault and he still hasn't got the right new part(s) in his van! Absolutely appalling customer service..................*************"
"Poor quality NARUZZI leather and after sales Purchased the NARUZZI leather corner recliner set. Cost £3742.40. In less than a year one seat was sagging. There is a dip in the cushion that makes it uncomfortable. Considering only 2 people in household, heaviest just 12 stones I would not expect this. Furniture village got the supplier to send their preferred inspectors, furniture care network, to do a visit and report. The person who came said it should not be like it is but did warn that the company will not want to do anything. A month after his visit I had to chase FV for an update only to be told the fault is due to wear and tear to the foam. The foam has not broken down. The foam is not covered in the guarantee. Is that because they use substandard quality foam? A basic part of a sofa, surely. My contract was with FV yet the they put the onis on me to deal with the supplier. I will request the original report completed by the inspector on his visit and am looking to take this to the small claims court to resolve. I will ensure maximum publicity as the After sales service is extreamly poor, though polite enough call takers, it is out of his control"
"Keep away from Furniture Village. I've recently purchased a glass table and chairs. The table is clearly faulty even the table in the Cheadle store was also faulty on inspection. Engineer came out told me table was faulty and that I would get another table or money back . However in the report he confirmed there was no fault . Someone had also forged my signature on the report. Customer service is non-existent. I've waited over 30 years to get a new table and feel very let down. This is my first and last visit to Furniture Village. Sheila, Stockport"
"Terrible company. They make you sign a document covering themselves for every eventuality but the customer has no come back at all. The delivery date was delayed and old furniture had been disposed of. They would not cancel the order even though they were at fault. in the end it was easier to lose my deposit and order elsewhere as their delivery timescale was totally ridiculous. I will NEVER use this company again. BEWARE!"
"Worst service ever, stay away. Not keeping their promises, take long to get money back. When I placed order they said 28 days, not even given a response with in the period, when I called them they said they can deliver only in 55 days."
"Horrific customer service - product ordered online from Furniture Village website on the second of January, with 'guaranteed' delivery within 21 days. Contacted Customer Service on Tuesday the 6th of February to ask why product hadn't been delivered. Customer representative promised that they would look into the issue and that they would e-mail back the same day to confirm what was happening and he sad that they would offer a financial gesture of goodwill, once they had spoken to the suppliers and the FV Distribution Centre. Having heard nothing for a further week, I contacted the Customer Service Centre again on Monday 12 February to ask what was happening with the order and to let them know that I did not receive my e-mail, and furthermore to ask about the status of my order. Laughably during the period of this week we did receive an e-mail on Sunday the 11th of February asking if we were happy with our 'new purchase' and to rate their delivery team! The Customer Operative I spoke to was very apologetic and tried to help, they offered to contact the Distribution Centre to find out what had happened to the order and apologised for the failure of their colleague to e-mail me following the previous phone call. The Customer Operative said that as a gesture of goodwill that they would refund the £49 delivery fee, they then followed up with an e-mail to confirm the conversation and that they would be escalating to find out what had happened to the order. When the Customer Operative called back later this afternoon they said that they had still been unable to locate the goods in their distribution centre and that they would follow up with a phone call on its status the following day. They also said that they had made a 'human error' and that the goodwill gesture would be £9 and not £49 - I don't call that a gesture of goodwill! I call that being messed around again. As a previous customer of FV I feel that the company was not taking adequate steps to ensure that this matter was resolved promptly and adequately, and when I enquired of the Customer Operative on the potential of talking to a Senior Manager about the issue, I was informed that if I escalated this up it could take up to 48 hours for the Supervisor to respond. I do not call this satisfactory customer service. As a result, and having wasted a considerable amount of time on this issue I have requested a full refund which I am told will take 3 - 5 days to process. All I can say is if you want excellent customer service I would not recommend Furniture Village based on personal experience."
Furniture Village is rated 1.36 based on 98 reviews