Furniture Village Reviews

Home & Garden
Furniture
Home & Garden
Furniture

How would you rate Furniture Village?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Worst service ever, stay away. Not keeping their promises, take long to get money back. When I placed order they said 28 days, not even given a response with in the period, when I called them they said they can deliver only in 55 days."
"Horrific customer service - product ordered online from Furniture Village website on the second of January, with 'guaranteed' delivery within 21 days. Contacted Customer Service on Tuesday the 6th of February to ask why product hadn't been delivered. Customer representative promised that they would look into the issue and that they would e-mail back the same day to confirm what was happening and he sad that they would offer a financial gesture of goodwill, once they had spoken to the suppliers and the FV Distribution Centre. Having heard nothing for a further week, I contacted the Customer Service Centre again on Monday 12 February to ask what was happening with the order and to let them know that I did not receive my e-mail, and furthermore to ask about the status of my order. Laughably during the period of this week we did receive an e-mail on Sunday the 11th of February asking if we were happy with our 'new purchase' and to rate their delivery team! The Customer Operative I spoke to was very apologetic and tried to help, they offered to contact the Distribution Centre to find out what had happened to the order and apologised for the failure of their colleague to e-mail me following the previous phone call. The Customer Operative said that as a gesture of goodwill that they would refund the £49 delivery fee, they then followed up with an e-mail to confirm the conversation and that they would be escalating to find out what had happened to the order. When the Customer Operative called back later this afternoon they said that they had still been unable to locate the goods in their distribution centre and that they would follow up with a phone call on its status the following day. They also said that they had made a 'human error' and that the goodwill gesture would be £9 and not £49 - I don't call that a gesture of goodwill! I call that being messed around again. As a previous customer of FV I feel that the company was not taking adequate steps to ensure that this matter was resolved promptly and adequately, and when I enquired of the Customer Operative on the potential of talking to a Senior Manager about the issue, I was informed that if I escalated this up it could take up to 48 hours for the Supervisor to respond. I do not call this satisfactory customer service. As a result, and having wasted a considerable amount of time on this issue I have requested a full refund which I am told will take 3 - 5 days to process. All I can say is if you want excellent customer service I would not recommend Furniture Village based on personal experience."
"Such a worthless organisation. Extremely poor customer service. Bought a "Carved Louis Mirror" from Croydon store on 15th December. Not giving our mirror and not giving money back. Made tens of calls but just some excuses. It is two months now. Avoid them unless it is the only furniture place left in UK. Order - 0303AI344"
"12 week delay on delivery. Was told would get compensation but got nothing. After reading other reviews on here i am now very concerned with the quality as i brought leather recliners and going by other reviews they not very good ."
"Order placed March 2017. When delivered was faulty. Replacement eventually arrived and was worse than the original. FV agreed on a repair which I WAS NOT happy about. It is now February 2018 and I’m still waiting. Will never , ever use this company again. BTW Customer Services are a bad joke ! AVOID!!! Would score zero but it’s not an option"
"Whilst the actual product (x2 chest of drawers and beside drawers) was perfect, there were issues with every step of the way. First I was quoted on the wrong item, then my item was delayed (from before christmas to mid January), then the order was delivered to the wrong address! After rebooking delivery, my order arrived, but missing 1 of the 2 chests of drawers. After two more weeks of me calling customer services, and various staff members telling me they will call back (which they never once did!) to try and find a delivery date for the missing items, i am still waiting on those drawers. TLDR: Great product, everything else was absolutely awful. Will never use this company again."
"Won't buy from them again....did not order our product and we had ring 3 times-before it was clear it was never ordered.....NO APOLOGY,,Unprofessional"
Mrs D Walker
"They gave me personal attention, lots of help and special offers. Their furniture is unique and good Quality."
"Absolutely awful aftercare. I purchased leathers recliners paid over £2500. At point of sale I was told that the sofa are genuine 100% leather. within the first year the sofa started peeling away in various places. I contacted the aftercare team and they sent someone to fix the area and to seal. When I was speaking to the aftercare team I asked about the sofa being 100% leather I was reassured it is. Then again the sofa started peeling in other areas. Again aftercare team sent someone out to check this time I refused again lacquer being painted and sealed as this is unacctecable. They have now told me that this is not 100% leather and the best they can do is give £900 credit note and they take this sofa back. Or they’ll give me £250 and keep the sofa. I’m absolutely fuming that after three years of going and forth they have now admitted that the sofa isn’t 100% leather and what they are offering I can’t even even buy another leather recliner for £900. I’m now going to be contacting the furniture ombudsman."
"Leather sofa peeling"
"Shocking quality sofa. The seat cushion completely worn out after just over two years. Like sitting in a hole in the ground. The salesman did warn me not to sit on the sofa too often. I should have heeded his warnings and bought from DFS!!!"
"Purchased a new double reclining sofa at Abingdon store received on the 19th December went back to the Abingdon store on the 20th next day with pics and details and video of faults, waited two weeks for technical survey who have said it’s not their part to do anything with, 1 the Satan’s and 2 the flaws within the fabric, if this was the case why send it out in that condition? The technician was however keen to point out my cats claw had left a mark Really !! still awaiting further outcome have to say so far not impressed at all !!"
"First sofa was faulty. After three visits from so called sofa 'technicians' they could not fix the problem so had to send sofa back and ordere another which took forever to come. once installed found out it wasn't even bolted together! We paid for Guardsmen protection but received no confirmation that the sofa had been protected. Terrible customer service. No paperwork. Told lie after lie. Could never speak to the same person in store as they were always 'unavailable'. Delivery men walked into our living room with wet muddy boots which stained the carpet. Overall diabolical service. Do not buy from Furniture Village!! You have been warned!"
"Placed my order online, the items turned out not to be available within the time specified and I ended up needing to wait for weeks rather than days. They clearly mishandle their stock as they ended up losing the chairs that went with the table. They consistently mislead me into believing that the items would arrive the following week. They clearly have very well trained staff as their wording is very similar from one to another but they don’t actually do anything to make sure that the issue gets fixed. More then 2 months after placing my order it still hasn’t arrived and I still haven’t heard when it might arrive."
"If I could rate them ‘0’ stars I would. Utterly terrible customer journey. Confirmed 100% that order would be with us by Christmas, then let down. Rather than a simple apology, incinuated we could have placed order earlier, no acknowledgement or comment after showing online confirmation from rep that said we’d have before Christmas. Lease table was reluctantly given over the holiday period, but no chairs so guests had to take their own. Then found the same set after Christmas with Harvey’s but with larger table with more chairs and also far less in price. Emails ignored and when response chased by phone, only offered ‘free delivery’ by FV.. Told them to collect lease table and cancelled order. Then informed which day for collection but turned up 07:15 for table with no notice of time. Made me late for work and woke the baby. Long email sent with all of our issues, with only template letter sent back to us, so don’t think anyone cared enough to read it. Won’t bother again with these cowboys again."
"Im leaving this review for furniture village anonymously as im still in dispute with them and would give zero stars if i could. Bought bedroom furniture which was delivered last year and the wardrobes are appalling , since then we have had replacements following a tech appointment. Guess what? yes they’re still appalling, in fact worse than before. Have asked for a refund of the entire order but they’re sending another tech out to look at the wardrobes. FV use a supplier in the Cotswolds (Corndell) who are refusing to refund. Is it just me or does that seem weird that a FV customer service manager said i should get a refund but they have to get Corndells permission to refund. Convinced that if i buy something from John lewis and its faulty they refund then chase the supplier. take my advice, steer clear of this company at all costs... BTW they’re now ignoring my emails"
"We purchased a displayed three pieces leather sofa ( two seater, one seater and a stool ) from Furniture Village Friern Barnet Branch on Monday 18th December 2017,with cost of £1050   We checked carefully before we made payment, it was in good condition without any damage, apart from a corner fabric is lose which they promised to staple it back before delivery. We received the sofa after lunch time on Wednesday 20thDecember 2017, which has both sofas with large damage in foot rest area. We talked to delivery men, and ask them to take it back straight after but they wouldn’t, the reason is they are not responsible for collection, and the shop was closed until boxing day. We took pictures and sent them to salesman Andrew who served us in the shop, he replied “it’s clearance sold as seen”. We were very surprised as we were still thinking it was an accident, not been treated intentionally. I called Andrew after I saw his message as I cant believe what was happening. I told him we are completely sure it’s not the one we saw in the shop and having full refund. He said it’s cheap because it’s damaged. He could come to repair only if I write a cheque to a charity which title I couldn’t remembered. I was completely lost, and just asking refund. There were men’s laughing in the background when I requested full refund, then I realized his phone speaker was on. Andrew hang up the phone and called me back minutes later offer us a repair from another company which it’s not relative with Furniture Village who can come two weeks later. Andrew told me we don’t need pay any penny and he could do it but we don’t like to do charity which I felt very uncomfortable. I told him we are always pleased to do charity and help people who need support but not in this way. After consideration we thought we been treated unfairly by Furniture Village in the whole process and decided to go to the shop to ask for full refund. We went to the shop on Thursday 21st December 2017, to spoke managers Bradley and David. Both them knew the situation and they are not interested to looked our pictures for the damage. We been told again this is clearance not refundable and we are responsible to check if there is any damage. We also been told as soon as the sofa arrived our house it becomes a second-hand furniture and they wouldn’t take it back, as this is law of UK.     We spoke to the trading standards and they advised us the following:   Under section 75 consumer act 2015 the credit card company are equally reliable   Short term right to reject   Even goods are sold as clearance or sale are subject to be satisfactory and free from faults. I can't believe how a large company can be so dishonest. Even my daughter of 5 years of age notices the different and being like an angle as normal was trying to help her mummy by speaking out the difference she could remember to the managers. But still the managers can be dishonest to a girl 5 years of age. After we left my daughter was very confused, we try to explain she has done nothing wrong and why the world had people like that."
"We purchased a Dune collection RHF corner sofa from furniture village for Guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery in November. Everything seemed to be going to plan until the delivery gentlemen turned up in my flat yesterday with two of the same pieces of sofa, explaining there warehouse must of made a mistake. They went on to explain that the warehouse in Dartford would do their utmost to resolve and deliver the correct part later that day considering it was 08:30 and they had the whole of the day to resolve/correct the issue. We did not hear anything from the warehouse and had to call the number advertised on the Furniture Village website in order to get through to the warehouse. At which point the experience just gets worse. I had to call the warehouse a further 160 times in order to get a phone call back at about 17:00 last night from a gentlemen called Tony. Who explain they could not find our missing half of the sofa or scatter cushions. However again assured he would do everything he could to chase the Milton Keynes depot first thing in the morning to find the missing parts and call myself back before 09:00/10:00am. As it was a bad day for them yesterday, as it was the Christmas party for the company. We are still currently sat with two wrong pieces of sofa in our living room and no sign of furniture village willing to help us resolve the issue Absolutely disgusted with the level of customer service and lack of customer service experienced whilst dealing with Furniture Village and I will most certainly not be recommending them to ANYONE."
"Miserable experience. Oct 17 I bought a mattress that cost GBP 650. It was delivered after 5 weeks. I was expecting good customer care but never thought it is going to be miserable. The mattress that was delivered is a faulty one, one side of it is not firm. From day one we started experience back pain and was uncomfortable. I thought it was new so we need some time to feel comfortable and also tried changing the positions for 10 days but it never improved. So I gave a call to the after sale team to raise a complaint but the response was not good I had to chase them up to book an appointment for the technician to visit home to examine the mattress. After long struggle the technician visited the home and produced the report; when he came home he never asked us anything when but acknowledged the issue. After few days I received a response from the furniture village with the report saying non-manufacturing fault, they attached the report produced by the technician which was shocking, his justification was below. "Non manufacturing fault. There is a child cot directly to the side edge of the affected area. I believe customer has been sitting on the side edge for long period of time which has put pressure solely on the affected area allowing the springs to have lost all resilience and support ". The technician he himself assumed we are sitting on the long side edge of the mattress. My wife is 30 weeks pregnant, everyone knows it is not possible for a pregnant lady to be sitting at one place for longer period of time. I work full time go to office everyday apart from us no other adults are at home. My little one does not sleep on the child cot, I have put the child cot directly to the side edge of the affected area to protect me falling off the bed while sleeping due to the mattress lost its resilience and support. After receiving the report I contacted the after sale team but they were not supportive, their point of argument is that the report has come out as Non-manufacturing fault. I tried explaining them whatever I have mentioned above but they were not ready to accept it. Right from the beginning they were asking to use the 40 night comfort guarantee which we were not happy because we never wanted to experience another set of troubles but unfortunately we have to take this route. So I called the store to exchange the mattress when I first checked with them they said they can exchange it. I was relieved to some extent because the mattress is faulty and uncomfortable I wanted to exchange it asap. On 16th Dec I went to the store and tried to exchange it; I found one of the mattress that cost 450 pounds was comfortable since we paid 650 pounds for the previous one we were told the difference will not paid back so we wanted to order a divan set but the request was refused saying only the mattress can be ordered. Finally we gave up and order a mattress only. The story did not end there, today I got a call from the store saying that we did not buy a mattress protector from them. I managed to explain them I had one already so did not want to buy one from them when I bought the mattress but now they are asking me to send the proof of purchase (Mattress protector). My wife is pregnant I wanted to spend time and support her but because of all these issues we are restless and stressful. Don't know when and how it is going to get sorted out."
Miserable Experience