Furniture 123 Reviews

8% of reviewers recommend Furniture 123

How would you rate Furniture 123 ?

"I bought a folding bed and a metal bedframe online from Furniture123 website on May 28th. This was the first time and I was a bit concerned about some bad reviews I found on the web. However, as the price was slightly less then others (for the same identical items) I decided to buy the furniture I wanted from them and save few pounds. With relatives coming I needed and extra bed soon, so instead of the free “Standard” I opted for the “Next day/Choose a day” delivery. For some obscure reasons the courier (FedEx) showed up on Wednesday 30th without contacting me. It was week day and as usual I was at the office…working (some people still does for a living). The driver left a card with tracking number and instructions on how to arrange for a re-delivery using their website. I did so and immediately get a confirmation email and SMS from FedEx. Totally ignoring their own email FedEx decided to attempt the delivery again on Thursday 31th and left (again!) a card. My home is in a very nice neighbourhood and I thought that the driver enjoyed the view so much that he decided to return on Thursday, even if I requested the delivery for Friday instead. Nonetheless, I contacted FedEx to confirm if delivery was still as scheduled. A very kind lady answered to my call assuring that I would have received the item next day as per confirmation email. On Friday morning, eager to get the folding bed for my guest on time, I decided to call FedEx again. This time a very unhelpful lady informed that there was no delivery scheduled to my address. I explained to her that I did have a confirmation email and SMS and even called the day before and received assurance by them on the delivery dat. She then put me on hold and eventually confirmed that the delivery was recorded on “one of their system but not on the other”. While reflecting on the significance of her explanation I realised that FedEX is indeed an American and not a British company! It makes sense to have two systems, one for British and one for American English!!! As Sir Roger Moore said to Tony Curtis in The Persuaders: “English and American…two people separated by a common language….”. It was still morning in Kent (although still night in US) so I kindly asked if by any chance it would have been possible to deliver as scheduled on that day. The lady replied that she didn’t know if the item was out for delivery or not and unable to contact the driver. I then contacted Furniture 123, in the vain attempt to overcome the language barrier. I naively thought that as they were FedEx’s customer they could certainly force them to deliver the item as scheduled. Some 20 minutes later (and £10 charged to my phone account for the call) I managed to have Furniture123 Customer Service Team to “assist. The result of the 20 minutes long/£10 worth call was an email from Furniture123 Customer Service Team informing that they have been advised from FedEx that the item was “carded” (American English I guess!?!) on the 30th and providing me with a tracking number and FedEx’s telephone number. No need to say that I had already both as they were written on the FedEx’s card…..card? Of course: CARD!! Now I understand where the “CARDED” thing in the email comes from! At this point my blood pressure was raising, as I was realising that my effort to save few pounds purchasing items from Furniture123 was instead turning into much more spending and time wasting. With surprise FedEx’s driver eventually arrived. Unfortunately, I had to refuse the bed as the box was open and it looked to me as an ex display more than a brand-new bed. While explaining this to FedEx gentleman driver he kindly pointed out that if the box was open was entirely my fault, because he had to attempt the delivery already twice!?!? No comment on this one… For the record the second item (the metal bedframe) was never delivered. This time, unlike FedEx, another courier called me before to arrange for a delivery date (it was Panther this time…UK company…I think). Unfortunately, another terrible experience with their phone call, confirmation email and SMS turned into a “missed delivery”. Ironically, the very day of the “missed delivery” I received an email from Furniture123 asking if I was happy of the bed frame and if I would recommend to other customers… Eventually I gave up, I cancelled the order and asked for a refund. It is now 9 days since I ordered the furniture and counting…. Today Wednesday 6th an email from Furniture123 confirmed that my order has been cancelled and advised that I must “allow 7-10 working days for the items to arrive back and a further 3-5 working days for the refunds to be processed”. Considering the very bad service I would have expected some form of apology and a quick refund. I am very confident I will have my money back…one day… after all I am an incurable optimist when it comes to refund…and furniture delivery… (maybe not all, I am expecting charges for return the items to Furniture123…sigh!) P.S.: Moral of the story: Forget about saving few pounds and if you really see items on Furniture123 you really want, be prepared and…buy and American-English dictionary"
"I bought the Dynamo bed set for my son I bought the Dynamo bed set for my son. furniture123 dynamo dark grey cabin bed It was delivered on the 9th of April - unpacked on the 23rd -we took photos with an ipad on top to show the date (of its opening). The bed parts had minor scratches on 5 panels as well as a bolt that had not had its center taken out and was worthless. We put the bed together - ensure you have a drill and check the instructions (well diagrams - 21 pages) - it took 5 and a half hours ( and i am a developer so im fairly quick!). I complained online in chat with them - they said as it had been longer than 5 days it was not their fault - i should have checked it all!. Also there are 4 boxes so unless you are buying to put up straight away - you need to check it - within 5 days - they offered to replace panels etc...at my cost! I spouted off - recorded the conversation as well as stating that i had proof of photos etc. Still no joy - I was offered 30£ off. I then went through paypal requesting 100£ back which i felt was fair - the bed looked okay unless you checked closely. i put down all my comments and 123s responses - even the managers apparently would not respond. They said send photos - 2MB max size and 4MB total - so is impossible to send quality photos anyway so you can prove your honesty. I stated the sales of goods act as well as stating id take them to the small claims court to get a full refund..........within 5 days i had a £100 refund through paypal - as i said that paypal would rule in my favor - they were not polite in the refund - there were NO sorrys' etc. SO IN ESSENCE I WOULD SAY DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS ITS NOT WORTH THE HASSLE - PLUS....!! the furniture is not great - it has many parts and screws - you lose 1 and there are no spares. you are getting what you pay for - plus YOUR time. IT WILL take a good 2 days to put the bed and furniture up - you WILL need 2 people to put the bed up - dont attempt it on your own or dont let a tradesman do it on his own - it will easily get damaged. Ensure YOU USE PAYPAL - Take photos of opening and proof of date - and dont take any flack from them - let paypal sort it out.....if they're in the wrong - dont let them bully you. NOTE:- just looking at the responses from 123 - they seem to reply to happy customers , or customers whom have had minor complaints.....I SEE NO RESPONSES - to those people such as myself whom have had a horrible experience of the company anywhere in a month of postings - THAT SHOULD TELL YOU all you need to know about the company! AVOID!!!!!"
"Order bed from them after a week recived text message and tracking for delivery day. Next day received message saying delivery will be in the afternoon. So took an afternoon off work to wait for delivery. Later in the day received text message say it will be tomorrow. Not happy rang them up they say one parcel was not put into the delivery truck so it will be tomorrow. I find it hard to believe they will deliver tomorrow, this is the delivery company call panther on the phone. So the ring up furniture 123 and say to them I will not be in tomorrow to received the delivery and they say i need to rearrange with the delivery company. So i email them to rearrange delivery for next week. Guest what they text me the next day, they text 4 time saying they’re delivering the bed today but again at the end of the day they text me it is not coming. It is a joke they do this. I ring them to rearrange delivery for next week so all book in. But on the night before the delivery day the order is on hold. Something is not right i am going to cancel the order. I will except PayPal to get me money back from them."
"Emailed me 2 days before delivery to inform me my bed would be 2 months late. Asked for an alternative. They offered me another bed I could get a lot cheaper elsewhere. Suggested a price match but they refused."
"I haven't opened the parcel yet (my item was delivered today) but this company have been brilliant from ordering to delivery. They have kept in touch all the way - all that remains is for me to open the box ......"
Chantal Levy
Verified Reviewer
"After booking the day off work the furniture did not turn up, when it then turned up the next day there was an item missing. I also had 4 of the wrong item delivered so had to wait for that to be collected before my correct items could be sent out. The item that was missing I was told would be delivered another day so again after waiting in all day still never arrived and now I've cancelled and asked for a refund on this item. 3 weeks later it still has not been refunded and they barely respond to my emails. Would never use them again and would recommend that no one else does as causes too much stress and worry not worth it!"
Sandra
"They took too long to send order, half missing when it did arrive and customer services wanted me to track down missing item, it finally arrived but courier used is a nightmare, just hope the furniture is worth it when put together."
"Money was taken from my bank and 2 months down the line no goods arrived . I have contacted customer service on several occasions plus emailed and online chat . I have a promise everytime of a call back but nothing , now each time I contact them and give them my order number I am disconnected . I have never recieved such bad service and would never deal with this company again so BEWARE if you don't want to lose money don't deal with these people"
"Absolutely awful company with atrocious customer service. I have had 3 different delivery dates, one no show, and two date changes with no correct communication. They change delivery dates with 1 day warning which turn out to not even be the correct date. This company has had my money since January and only received items at the very end of March (to which may I add, arrived on a date not even given to me by Furniture 123) . I spent over £600 with this company, lost out on a days work waiting for my 'no show' and all I had offered was £40 good will gesture by the online help chat (who cut you off anyway), to which the manager couldn't even return my calls...he was always 'not available', though I feel like he was avoiding me - all I can suggest is anybody thinking of purchasing from here, avoid them! Such a shame as the company look like they have really lovely furniture - the customer service just doesn't match, beyond rude, its shocking."
Hayley Barrett
Unverified Reviewer
"Avoid furniture 123 at all cost.spent £974 on bedroom furniture all faulty when delivered now struggling to get response and money back will be going through section 75 of the consumer credit act and reporting to trading standards"
"Waited 4 weeks for delivery, promises not kept. No contact from them, I had to chase it up, took 2 days off work to wait for the bed not being delivered. Had to ask for refund. Not professional service. Would not buy from any of their sites."
Peter Stroucken
Verified Reviewer
"Pathetic disgraceful customer service. Sofa should have been delivered yesterday morning. Still not arrived and not a single update or explanation by either phone or email despite me phoning, emailing and chasing myself. You have my money. Where the **** is my sofa. Unbelievable"
"The worst customer experience ever. Please be very wary of using Furniture 123. I received 2 of 5 boxes and spent 3 days trying to get them to respond. When I asked for a refund I was told it would take 28 days from when the carrier returned the two boxes I have. My concern being that the carrier couldn't get all the boxes to me, how confident am i that they can get them back to Furniture 123. I asked to speak to a director responsible for Customer Service only to be told to put a complaint on the web site...there is no facility to put a complaint on their web page"
"I rated these acceptable just for the customer service, however because of late delivery and then missing items in my delivery and because of no contact on how they are going to resolve this matter this experience has now put me off buying furniture ever again online"
"I purchased a TV stand from this company only to discover upon delivery it was damaged after going to great lengths to try and get the problem resolved still no joy the customer services are a waste of time they have taken my money and told me there is nothing else they can do avoid at all cost eager to take your money reluctant to help with any issues"
Paula Holden
Verified Reviewer
"AVOID!!!!! These scammers don’t deserve 1 star! Ordered unit 12th November 2017 still waiting for my item told 4 difference delivery dates had time off work for each one only for item to never arrive took money but will not refund luckily paid on credit card so they are getting my money back! AVOID THESE SCAMMERS TAKE YOUR MONEY DONT WANT TO GIVE YOU PRODUCT OR REFUND ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE LIED TO EVERY TIME YOU RING THEM DONT KNOW HOW THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT! TRADING STANDERS ARE NOW INVOLVED!! AVOID AVOID"
"All I can say I’m glad I paid with a credit card so at least we can claim the Money back. Paid for a Saturday delivery it came on a Thursday table damaged. Emailed photos over a week ago no reply left messages on their Facebook still no response. Top customer service well done, I can’t see you lasting very long"
Glen From Faversham, Kent
Verified Reviewer
"Absolutely appalling service from start to finish! The only thing they are good at is taking your money(Very, very quickly I might add!) The multiple promises of different delivery dates that never materialised. So much so they even tried to fob me off to the manufacturer who I also might add never answered their phone on countless occasions. The rudeness of some of their service agents and their inept ability to converse over a phone call or even reply to a simple email. After over 11 weeks of phone calls and emails and even the promise of an answer guaranteed within 24 hours three days ago(Guess what? It never came!) I have succumbed to cancelling my order and going to another supplier. Amazing, within 10 minutes of cancelling they email me to ask if I could be tempted back!!! I would never be tempted back nor would I recommend this company to anyone. I have never experienced such an unprofessional company in the way they deal with customers that have purchased items so be warned...............STAY AWAY folks!!"
"Having purchased triple bunk beds. I can't fault their product, delivered on time easy to assemble. Really strong construction, UK made and good value for the price I paid."
"I was appalled by the customer service I have received from the company after they delivered the goods almost two days later, although I paid for the next day delivery. They refunded me with the next day delivery cost after my complaint but that would not compensate me for taking two days off (as a self-employed person!!!) whilst wasting time and waiting for their delivery. Not to even mention that because of the bed we ordered was delivered almost two days later, my guests had to sleep on a borrowed blow up mattress on the floor! When I asked for a very reasonable reduction of the price to compensate for all the trouble we had to go through I was told no in a very unpleasant way. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. But I wish them a good luck as they will need it to keep their customers. I will certainly be taking my business elsewhere."
Furniture 123 is rated 1.46 based on 26 reviews