Fixter Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Fixter
1PM
1PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Fixter?
company-profile.Click_here

Tell us how Fixter made you happy

Telephone
"If there are an option, I would give it a 0 star. Absolutely unprofessional service. If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy service, please don't use Fixter. When I came across their website, I thought,'what a great idea!' How amazing that they would come and pick up and then drop off my car for MOT. I wouldn't even have to worry about taking time off work!! How wrong was I!!! I booked my MOT plus Full service with Fixter and requested for my car to be picked up from work. I called them on the day to explain that my car was parked in a staff car park which meant I would have to come out of my workplace about 10 minutes before they arrived to get to my car. Therefore, I asked if they could give me a 20 mins heads-up. They said the garage normally does a courtesy call before leaving the garage and as it was approx. 2 miles from my workplace, it would take them about 15-20 mins to get to me so he said there will be plenty of time. Around 10.40 I had a missed call from the the mechanic/garage. As I had given them my husband's contact number as well, they then called my husband - Not to say they were heading my way but that were already at the hospital. I got to the meeting point by 10.53 and saw a car matching the description leaving. I tried to call the mechanics's number but no one answered. I then called Fixter again to ask what was happening. After being put on hold for ages, they came back to me with 'the mechanic waited 30 mins for you and has now returned back to the garage'. Absolutely unbelievable! He left 13 minutes after he made that 1st call to my number. I told the Fixter Rep that he didn't actually wait 30 mins for me and that he left within 13 mins but he didn't say anything to reassure me, he just went quiet. It appears to me that this company seriously lacks in communication skills within their establishment. How very unprofessional to disregard client requests especially ones made in advance and leave without even notifying. Won't be using this service ever again and will tell my friends and family to avoid it."
Are you Fixter? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I recently paid for a “full service” only to find out after looking at my stamped service book, that i’d actually received an interim service. Apparently Fixters idea of a full service is different to the garages, so my service book is incorrect and I am out of pocket. Fixter have taken no responsibility so I am having to pay again for the correct service to be carried out. Terrible customer experience. If you want a “Full Service” you will need to pay for a “Major Service” which is double the price you’d pay at the garage. In future I will be booking directly to ensure I receive what I pay for."
"Tried to overcharge me for work. Failed my car on nearside passenger mirror being smashed, although if you have a rearview and driver's mirror it is not a legal requirement. Quoted over £400 for work that I got parts for under £60 for and my uncle did the labour."
"I thought the price for an MOT was too good to be true. I was right. Fixter inflated the price for highly questionable reasons, then refused to admit it. Prior to engaging fixter, I actually conducted a pre-check myself to be sure my car would pass. After handing my car over, Fixter came back and told me that there was absolutely no oil in my engine. Strange, as it was full just a few days prior - actually it was too full - I distinctly remember checking multiple times and the dipstick being above the "F" mark. £30 extra to "add" oil. They then told me that my indicator lights were the wrong colour. Strange, as my car had passed numerous prior MOT checks with those exact lights. Another £30 extra. When I attempted to confront Fixter about this. I got generic, 90% templated emails telling me I was mistaken and that they were "sorry you did not get the outcome you were looking for". I'm not a mechanic, but I know my own car and regularly maintain it. I guess Fixter made a punt that I was someone with no awareness of the condition of my own vehicle. I pointed out to them that engine oil is not a requirement of the MOT and they came back saying that my engine was at risk of grinding and seizing, so adding the engine oil was the only option to prevent damage to my car. Pretty suspect at best and blatantly dishonest if you look at the facts. In the end, my car passed (no surprise there), and they refunded me for the "incorrect" lights but not the motor oil. To be honest, I don't think the lights were ever changed and, judging from the colour and consistency afterwards, I'm pretty sure no additional motor oil was added. How does one add oil to an engine that is already full to the brim anyway? I normally don't do these reviews but have made an exception in this case because of the blatant dishonesty and the condescending emails I received that attempted to gloss over the fact that they charged me for things I didn't need, presumably to inflate the price and make profit. This would be a good service if they just did what they say they will... but I guess they need to make money somewhere. This is no excuse to resort to dishonest tactics. Shame on you Fixter."
Fixter is rated 1.00 based on 4 reviews