First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Negative comments should also be published to help students choose their tutor. It's unfair that you allow tutors to choose to hide the negative feedback because students need to know what the problem was especially when you charge a fee to release the details and don't refund it back despite having problems with the tutor.
The next student will have the same problem even though you can see the negative rating it doesn't explain the issue.
Dear Lubna,

Thank you for your feedback. We allow tutors to hide the comments for libel law reasons but the negative rating remains for the public to see. New users can view if tutor profiles have a negative rating.

If you have a problem with your tutor we ask always offer another tutor free of charge so you don't lose your money.

I see that our customer service team have been in contact with you and have offered a tutor replacement.

First Tutors.
Very efficient service. Heard back from the tutor straight away with his availability. I would use First Tutors again if I needed to find a tutor for another subject.
Would never recommend neither the website or the writer.
The "referees" rated the tutor professional, however he is everything but professional.
+has a good knowledge of the the subject
-he doesn't teach! Always changing session time! I had to BUY his details so then i can have ONLY ONE HOUR. The tutor then schedualed the next day (didnt show up ofcourse) then schedualed two days after and didnt show up neither.
I am asking you (website) to refund the money i paid buying his details based on the false information provided about the tutor.

Thanks
Dear Maqboul,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your tutor. I see that you haven't contacted us about this so we were unable to help earlier. We do have a set procedure to follow when a tutor lets you down in some way which entails leaving feedback on the tutor's profile so that we can investigate what happened and offer you another tutor free of charge. I will email you now to explain.

First Tutors.
This is my second time using this website,and it has been a positive experience from start to finish. It is very easy to locate,contact tutors and arrange appointments. I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone interested in finding professional,enthusiastic tutors.
We sent a request to the tutor and didn’t get a respond from him for one week.
After arranging a free consultation ( by the tutor, in his convenient time Sunday morning ) we arranged our plans accordingly, but the tutor didn’t log in. Really disappointed.
Dear Marina,

I am very sorry to hear that your tutor did not attend your planned consultation and understand how disappointing this is for you.

I can see that you have not yet contacted us about this problem so we haven't been able to help you. I will send you an email now to explain how you can connect with a free replacement tutor.

First Tutors
Too expensive to introduce to teachers. I am
Not impressed. If there was a one time flat fee for all teachers, can be acceptable but you have to pay every time you want details for new teacher. Not impressed!
Dear Amandeep,

Thank you for your feedback.

The finder's fee is based on the tutor's hourly rate so that it is affordable for all. The fee varies from £4.99-24.99 and helps cover the security checks we perform on all tutors. We find that this provides parents and students with peace of mind.

If you encounter any difficulties with your tutor, please do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help.

First Tutors
This was our first time looking for a tutor. First Tutors was very user friendly and had a lot of options with respect to specific knowledge and setting up sessions. My son was very happy with his first session and will continue with his tutor. I would highly recommend first tutors!
Easy website and good selection of tutors.
He didn't really listen to what my daughter wanted, she needs exam paper practice and technique not simply to read through the books, her Chemistry teacher does that at college, she has no problems learning it or understanding , just some help applying this knowledge to certain exam questions.

We shall cancel any further lessons with the tutor.
Dear Linda,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out with your tutor. We didn't receive an email from you so were unable to help.I will send you one now so that you can claim another tutor free of charge. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

First Tutors.
The fee for revealing the tutors details is extortionate and was not made clear until I went to confirm my tutor. Wouldn't use it again because of this.
Website not easy to use.
Dear Katie,
I'm sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the First Tutors service and want to help make the situation right for you. Please contact our customer support team and we will do our best to assist you with your concerns.
Kind Regards,
First Tutors
I was very happy with the service however I do think you should clearly state that there Is a charge for using the site, the proce quoted on the site is for the tutor only and then when the deal is done a charge is sent for use of site, this comes across as a little under handed IMO
Really easy to use, very clear information about the tutors. My only criticism is that I didn’t find it clear about the fee I pay first tutors until I made contact with a tutor.
The fee of £14.99 wasn't mentioned until after I had chosen a tutor. Got no response from 3 other tutors i contacted and haven't actually been able to get in touch with the one whose details I paid for.
Dear Julie,

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry that you missed reading about our introduction fee. We do state it clearly under 'How to find a tutor' and our FAQs section as well as in our follow-up emails.

We're very sorry that you found some tutors you contacted didn't respond. We do alert them to every message that you send (via e-mail) and we wish they would respond out of courtesy to you, but sadly cannot force them to do so. All tutors who do not respond to a request are automatically removed from our system after 2 weeks.

We have contacted Romain to get in touch with you as soon as possible. Should you not hear anything from him within 24 hours please do email customer service who will be able to advise the next steps in how to register a complaint.

Grace
Dear Julie,

Grace
First Tutors
I found the site easy to use until I wanted to make contact with the tutor. It could be a bit clearer from the beginning that if you want to proceed you need to pay money up front. Otherwise so far it has been a rewarding experience and we are looking forward to our next session.
Elizabeth is a lovely lady. She is tutoring our 8 years old daughter. Helping her to improve her maths. She is getting more confident with it.
A website that is easy to use. I found a tutor straight away. Thank you.
I think for us, the process worked very well and was easy, quick and fairly straightforward.
Tutor cancelled first lesson and hasn't contacted me since.

I contacted First Tutors to explain the situation and no one has replied to me.
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your feedback.
I'm afraid we haven't received an email from you to advise about your problem so we were unable to help. We have a set procedure to follow when a tutor lets you down in some way. I have now sent you an email explaining how to claim another tutor free of charge.

First Tutors.
Very ridiculous you have to pay before getting info
Dear Tito,

The introduction fee helps to cover the cost of identification checks, obtaining references, and verifying qualifications for tutors. Completing these checks offers peace of mind to parents and students.

We wish you the best of luck with your new tutor. If you need any assistance please do contact our customer service team.

Christine