First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Really good. Marilu was pleasant, and technically good too - and managed to make me feel not stupid when the intensity of a skype lesson made me tongue-tied. It was my first online lesson (i used to have physical lessons)
Dzuliana is a fantastic tutor. My son needs to catch up a year of Russian so that he can join a Russian GCSE class in September so has started lessons with Dzuliana. She has quickly established a good relationship with him, makes the lessons fun and interesting and sets just the right amount of homework. Highly recommended!
First Tutors is an amazing service! Thank you so much for enabling me to connect to the academic help I need. I would give you a five star rating except the website is a bit awkward to use and could benefit from an update... Still, appreciate this concept and network!
The specialist subject area was not listed as a choice. A quick email to First Tutors, asking for advice, and Sarah came straight back with three excellent suggestions. We have engaged the first on her list and he has been outstanding.
user friendly system = the fee to obtain tutors details may put off some potential clients
It would have been good but unfortunately we were unable to meet with the tutor due to GCSEs being cancelled. Perhaps first tutors would like to consider refunding the £20 for a service no longer need due to circumstances beyond my control?
Easy and got an excellent tutor
I found the site very helpful in finding a tutor for my daughter...
At the beginning I had problems to write my postal code into the online application. I got a quick answer when I complained about this. And after solving the problem I got a good tutor from First Tutor.
Good way to find tutors online
This is a practical service that enabled me to find a suitable tutor at the first try, and for a very reasonable fee.
Very easy to search for a tutor, the website is easy to navigate. It did confuse me when it came to paying the fee so that the tutors details could be released but contacting the help team was easy and I had a very prompt reply. I would recommend this site for anyone searching for a tutor.
Its easy to navigate around the First Tutors website. Just type in your instrument and postcode and if by magic a ĺchers
A bit onerous but results are good
Could do with more options I need a tutor with pro tools qualifications it has been hard to find a verified protools tutor
We found a tutor who could help , even though the time scale was tight . Tutor very competent and helpful
Easy to find tutor. Tutor responded very quickly. Easy to pay fees. Good site to find exactly what we needed.
Was initially tricky as when contacted by my tutor she didn't realise that she had to accept my application, and I didn't realise that I had to pay a fee before we could make plans to meet.
Very useful, we found a selection of tutors and chose the person who suited our needs best. some messages did not seem to get through first time via First Tutors messaging system but now we have met up we can use test directly which works better. Well qualified tutors, much appreciated help.
Found a maths tutor for my child and am happy with how the tuition is progressing. I am impressed with the process of matching tutors with clients and that you remain anonymous until an agreement has been reach with the tutor.
First Tutors is rated 4.59 based on 7,633 reviews