First Tutors Reviews

Based on 8,427 reviews
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
This service is really brilliant! But would love a discount on finder’s fee.
Very efficient service .my daughter is very happy with tution.
My daughter has had two lessons so far which have been excellent.
I like the way it works generally but I think the finder's fee to pay before releasing a tutor's contact details is too high. I only tried my luck with one tutor and I was lucky. To get her details I had to pay £25. I think it's a high fee. I'm not sure what would have happened if the first session hadn't worked at all. Would I have to keep paying finders fees each time? I think the finders fees are too high. Tutor hunt for example offers a first session for free.
Very excellent way to find tutor for individual learning. But would like the finders fee to be revised or discounted . Thank you .
Excellent. Worked out my level very quickly.
Used First Tutors to source a GCSE maths tutor. The process is quick and easy and we’ve found Nagham, a great tutor.
Very easy location based search. Excellent contact throughout the process. Very pleased.
Brilliant set of tutors to chose from . Reassuring to know that you have access to best quality tutors and very easy process to select a tutor .
We had our first session with Anuja today. She is an excellent teacher, patient and kind. My daughter is delighted with her.
I had tried really hard finding a piano teacher in my area but when I used First Tutors I found someone straight away who even had space to start teaching immediately.
Chris was kind enough to take me on as a student one day and start to teach me the next at a drop of a hat.He also was at the end of a phone each time I had a quick question I was not sure off. I am happy to have him as a teacher and would recommend him to every one.
Efficient website, user friendly, good assistance
This is one of the easiest websites I used. I found a suitable maths tutor for my son and set up a schedule of sessions very quickly. The reviews for each tutor were helpful and I was amazed that there were so many to choose from (mind you, I am in London!).
Great help in finding the right tutor
Extremely good tutor, very patient and kind.
really easy to find excellent tutors. the referral fee seems fair too.
She is very good teacher we happy with her many thanks
My son has had one lesson so far with Ahmad and said it was the best physics lesson he’s ever had, adding the way he explains things just makes it all so clear!
We’ve only had one session so far and my daughter already feels comfortable in asking questions and is benefitting from the extra support.
First Tutors is rated 4.59 based on 8,427 reviews