First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
A very relaxed and informative initial lesson with projects to work on before our next get together. Looking forward to the next lesson.
quick and easy, very Well run
Very good service & excellent number of tutors for my daughters subjects ... Unlike The Tory Government ..
Laki has been teaching my daughter online lessons using zoom. My daughter has made fantastic progress in both Maths and English and her confidence has also vastly improved. A very friendly tutor!
Katherine was prompt in her reply, very accommodating, knowledgable, concise, clearly communicated throughout the time we were in touch and really helped me out.
Quick communication. Easy to navigate the website. No issues so far. Thanks.
Tutor very experienced in delivering lectures, also very flexible with lecture times. A very good example of a true professional. I would recommend to anyone who needs extra lessons.
Good Tutor, made good understanding of the topics that I have been taught for the past 4 weeks.
Topics all covered.
I used First Tutor for my son. I found the tutor I wanted on the website. The process was straightforward
The Tutor was in contact soon after and provided work before the first meet. Very good service.
Let down by 2 tutors
My first tutor was very knowledgeable, helpful and understanding.
I feel its of great benefit.
First tutors makes you pay a finders fee before you are able to meet with a tutor. Tutors end up giving free first lesson to offset this. What are first tutors doing to earn this apart from hosting a website?
Dear Ingrid,

First Tutors charge a finder's fee to release your chosen tutor's contact information, once you have used the free messaging platform to discuss your tuition requirements with a number of tutors.

Our finder's goes towards the costs involved in running a website, providing a 7 day Customer Service team, and completing identification and reference checks on all of our registered tutors. You can see how our fees compare to other providers at the link below.

I hope all is going well with your new tutor. If you need any assistance please contact our Customer Support team.

Kind regards,
First Tutors
Have used First Tutors twice (after trying a different agency first). On both occasions I have found them very efficient and have been pleased with the tutors I chose. Their model, where you pay a finder's fee and then conduct the relationship with your tutor yourself, I find much better than where the agency makes the rules. Previously I have had to pay for a tutor session when my child was taken ill, because the agency said no notice had been given!
Long live First Tutors.
Anchal was an excellent teacher. She was professional, experienced and incredibly efficient. Additionally, she was really nice. I highly recommend this tutor.
Really helpful site and I have found 1 great tutor and I think another too
I was impressed by the range of tutors.
Had her for one day and has already taught me something that would take my teacher weeks to explain. Brilliant notes, very patient and understanding person. 10/10
Responsive tutors. Ridicilously high fees charged by the website.
Dear Seyit,
First Tutors offers a private forum for tutors and students to discuss requirements in full. Only when you are happy with your choice in tutor do we ask for a fee to release their contact details. Our fee's help cover the cost of identity and reference checks on all registered tutors. Unlike traditional agencies, First Tutors do not charge commission to the student or the tutor, making us an affordable player on the market. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your choice of tutor, our tutor guarantee enables you to select a replacement tutor at no further cost. If you need any assistance or have any questions please contact our Customer Service team and we will be happy to help. Kind Regards, First Tutors
Very easy website to navigate and I had a reply to my query within 20 minutes!
My daughter found Donal O'Callaghan an excellent tutor. He was very kind and explained her maths very well, in a way she quickly understood, he is excellent at teaching and gets things across in an easy and understandable way. We would highly recommend Donal O'Callaghan for maths at any level. First Tutors is a brilliant site for finding tutors of all sorts.
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,569 reviews