First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Found it fairly easy to navigate site and that you did get a sense of different tutors and their styles. Information up to date. One message if reply not received from a potential tutor though.
It is a good site and they help to find good tutors.
I found First Tutors fairly simple to use: all initial communication with a prospective tutor is through the website, which is fine. However, I found the terminology of 'release this tutor' (or similar) quite confusing: it actually means that you need to pay a fee to First Tutors in order to get the contact details of that tutor. I was quite happy to pay, however I believe it would be fairer to say that up-front.
Good but a little expensive. Some tutors don't reply. thanks
GOOD POSITIVE RESPONSE FROM LOCAL TUTORS, ABLE TO BOOK LESSONS POST COVID SHUTDOWN
He is great! I will learn more from him!
First Tutors were efficient and the website was comprehensive and easy to follow. A question I had was answered quickly and gave me good guidance.
Really good. Marilu was pleasant, and technically good too - and managed to make me feel not stupid when the intensity of a skype lesson made me tongue-tied. It was my first online lesson (i used to have physical lessons)
Dzuliana is a fantastic tutor. My son needs to catch up a year of Russian so that he can join a Russian GCSE class in September so has started lessons with Dzuliana. She has quickly established a good relationship with him, makes the lessons fun and interesting and sets just the right amount of homework. Highly recommended!
First Tutors is an amazing service! Thank you so much for enabling me to connect to the academic help I need. I would give you a five star rating except the website is a bit awkward to use and could benefit from an update... Still, appreciate this concept and network!
The specialist subject area was not listed as a choice. A quick email to First Tutors, asking for advice, and Sarah came straight back with three excellent suggestions. We have engaged the first on her list and he has been outstanding.
user friendly system = the fee to obtain tutors details may put off some potential clients
It would have been good but unfortunately we were unable to meet with the tutor due to GCSEs being cancelled. Perhaps first tutors would like to consider refunding the £20 for a service no longer need due to circumstances beyond my control?
Easy and got an excellent tutor
I found the site very helpful in finding a tutor for my daughter...
At the beginning I had problems to write my postal code into the online application. I got a quick answer when I complained about this. And after solving the problem I got a good tutor from First Tutor.
Good way to find tutors online
This is a practical service that enabled me to find a suitable tutor at the first try, and for a very reasonable fee.
Very easy to search for a tutor, the website is easy to navigate. It did confuse me when it came to paying the fee so that the tutors details could be released but contacting the help team was easy and I had a very prompt reply. I would recommend this site for anyone searching for a tutor.
Its easy to navigate around the First Tutors website. Just type in your instrument and postcode and if by magic a ĺchers
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,564 reviews