First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
I am very happy to study English with him, he helps me a lot with pronunciation
Easy and straight forward ,The best for tutor searching
First time to use First Tutors. Very straightforward, happy with our choice!
Very efficient and quick procedure overall
Easy to find suitable tutors. Our tutor is great, so the reviews are dependable
Very easy to use. Works really well
Calvin was very knowledgeable, helpful, and above all patient with my clumsy attempts to copy his slow, clear instructions. He knows his stuff!
I found a great tutor for my daughter, she only 20 minutes away
Usually very quick response to my requests and the quality of tutoring is very high indeed. Would highly recommend First Tutors to anyone wishing to engage a tutor.
You charge far too much to release the tutor’s details- I expect this puts a lot of people off. £21 for a phone number is ridiculous.
Dear Olga, Thank you for your feedback. Our fees help cover the cost of running the website: tutor ID verification, qualification checks, reference collection etc. The finder's fee is based on the tutor's hourly fee so if you can only afford a low hourly rate the finder's fee will also be considerably lower. If the tutor isn't suitable we also offer another tutor at no further cost because we want clients to receive a positive experience with First Tutors. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team who are available 7 days a week. Kind regards Customer Service Team First Tutors.
The website was easy to use and contact with the tutor was quick and hassle-free. I thought the one-off finder’s fee was very reasonable.
Kind and clear. Knowledgeable to get me up the levels with demos analogies and calm careful guidance techniques for me who's a learner. A true gem
Excellent service - quite pricey, but I was pleased with the result.
Very quick to find a good tutor and reliable
I found the website to be awkward glitchy and not very user friendly. It seems to be old and in need of a thorough make over.
Dear David, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We aim to provide a user-friendly service and I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We would be keen to discuss with you what areas of the website you found 'glitchy' so that we can make relevant improvements. Wishing you the best of luck with your lessons. Kind Regards, First Tutors
Absolutely brilliant and first class tutors
Absolutely fabulous. Great teachers registered. Really made looking for the right tutor easy. Many thanks Helen
Very happy with Mike's tutoring so far. Professional and personable. On top of the subject. Next lesson booked!
I used First Tutors to find a piano teacher. I found one who seemed perfect and exchanged emails. Then he told me he was retiring soon and didn’t feel it was fair to to begin teaching me. I wondered why he remained on the list. Then I found another teacher who was very nice. We had one trial lesson but he lives about 45 minutes away and the sound at the virtual lesson was poor. I have since found another teacher through a neighbour’s recommendation.
very good way of teaching helps me learn and very good at explaining
First Tutors is rated 4.59 based on 7,904 reviews