First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Pat R
Verified Reviewer

We found the web site clear and easy to navigate, we liked the fact that we had a picture of potential tutors and some information about them.
Paul B
Verified Reviewer

Knowledgeable, clear thinking and very helpful. Very comfortable first session.
Geoff F
Verified Reviewer

Quick and easy to use, and details of the tutor were provided promptly when payment was sent. A good and useful service.
Jan C
Verified Reviewer

I couldn't fault the procedure - the descriptions and distances are very helpful and our selected tutor responded very quickly
Julie F
Verified Reviewer

I found First Tutors very easy to use. I found a Maths tutor for my son and he began tuition a week later.
Nikki K
Verified Reviewer

Easy process which has helped me to successfully find a suitable and well qualified tutor for my daughter.
Bruce M
Verified Reviewer

I found First Tutors very helpful in securing a Russian tutor here in Aberdeen. They put me in touch with a tutor very quickly and from there I have been able to make separate arrangements with this tutor to continue my Russian lessons after my previous tutor has left the area. It all went very quickly and smoothly. Thank you First Tutors.
Bruce. Aberdeen.
Ramadasan C
Verified Reviewer

I have recently got a tutor for my daughter through First Tutors.
This is the first time I am looking for a tutor and doesn't know what process is involved to confirm a tutor through this website. It was quite easy to get in touch with tutor and convey the requirements. However, the fee required to release tutor details came to know at the end of this process which is bit a disappointment.
I couldn't look into other websites to compare this as I was in bit hurry to get a tutor.
Overall, I didn't have any other issues and the communication was ok.
Dear Ramadasan,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. Information surrounding our fees can be found on the home page, the 'about us' page and is also displayed on your requests to tutors. I'm sorry if you felt this was unclear. Our fees help cover the cost of identity and reference checks on all of our tutors.

We do have a customer support team working seven days a week to help answer any queries you have surrounding payment. Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us if you require further clarification.

Best of luck with your tutor!

Kind Regards,
Sarah
First Tutors
Garth N
Verified Reviewer

It does it's job quite efficiently
Jane S

It’s not fair that you have to pay 20 every time you want a new tutor
Karen L
Verified Reviewer

Quick, efficient easy to use. Good choice of tutors.
Karen L
Verified Reviewer

Easy to use - has got even better since last used about a year ago eg option of on-line initial session.
Quick and efficient.
Elaine M
Verified Reviewer

The whole process was very quick. Profiles provided for all tutors was detailed and reassuring.
Monaben P

Very happy
Help me to find right tutor for my daughter .
Richael N
Verified Reviewer

Easy transaction and very transparent. Thank you for you help and make g the process so easy.
Scilla R
Verified Reviewer

Service easy to use though I had not noticed the fee until wanting to make contact with the tutor
Patricia K
Verified Reviewer

I found everything very easy to navigate, clear choices and quick results.
Peter C
Verified Reviewer

Required a tutor for a child who is starting GCSE work. First Tutors were able to put me in touch immediately with suitable contacts. Within two weeks we had met and arranged lessons to begin immediately. An excellent, prompt and efficient service. Well done !
Mansoor A
Verified Reviewer

Impressed with the prompt response. The site showed many teacher with various options to choose from and made sure I had contacted one of them. Thank you
Carole P
Verified Reviewer

First Tutors website allowed us to find a suitably qualified tutor quickly and easily. It's a great way to find a tutor.

First Tutors is rated 4.60 based on 3,939 reviews