First Tutors Reviews

3,077 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Ruth A
Verified Reviewer

First tutors was straight forward to use, and answered quickly when I had a quiery.
Pauline C
Verified Reviewer

Thank you First Tutors for having such a good selection of tutors available in my area. The only thing that I would comment on is the ease of your website, I found it a bit tricky at times. Many thanks
Jyolsana V
Verified Buyer

Hi

I am really sorry to write this, but this is my experience with first tutors. I had contacted 2 tutors consecutively for the same subject but both didn't work for me. Each time I have to pay the money, although second time I had received free service as a good will. Now, I am not confident to get another tutor through first tutors since I am bit concerned that again I loose my money. Regards
Dear Jyolsana,
Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to see that you have been very unlucky with both tutors. It would seem the first tutor was ill and was unable to continue with lessons and the second tutor after travelling to your house realised the time to travel was unrealistic. I will investigate the issue with the tutor because the distance was clearly stated on the request and see what I can do to resolve this for you. I will keep you updated.

Customer Service Team
Vicky S
Verified Reviewer

A fantastic way to find a good tutor in your area.
Anya M
Verified Reviewer

Was shocked to learn that to release the tutors' details a fee of £14.99 is payable PER TUTOR. It is the same if recruitnent fee was payable for every candudate you interview. To charge for using the site is fair enough such as membership fee, but a charge per contact is absurd!! The quality of tutors good though.
Dear Anya,
Thank you for your feedback. The intro fee ranges from £4.99 to a maximum of £24.99 depending on the tutor's hourly rate so for example if you chose a tutor that only charges £10.00 per hour we only charge £4.99 intro fee. It is free to contact and discuss your tuition needs with as many tutors as you wish via our website, we only charge when you decide which tutor you wish to go ahead with. The intro fee helps cover costs of ID and reference checks plus qualification verification which provides peace of mind for students and parents alike.
I wish you the best of luck with your new tutor but if you encounter any problems please do contact us, we are here to help.

Customer Service Team
Simon J
Verified Reviewer

Found great tutors easily. Very safe and straightforward procedure, and being able to see other's feedback is also very useful.
Fe M
Verified Reviewer

The site is ok but could be easier to navigate. The company us too quick to take the money. I would like to have had more information before paying
Dear Fe,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you couldn't find information. I will forward your comments to our team. Clicking the help tab on the homepage does provide information on how the site works and we also have a very efficient email support team that are here to respond to your emails usually within the hour 7 days a week to answer your questions.

I wish you the best of luck with your new tutor but if any problems arise please do not hesitate to contact our support team. We are here to help, just click the "contact us" tab at the bottom of the webpage.

Customer Service TEam
Judith F
Verified Reviewer

So I easy to use. Have already recommended the site to others. Excellent.
Louise H
Verified Reviewer

I stumbled across first tutors whilst doing a search for a physics tutor 7 weeks before the A level when my son said he was struggling with a particular unit. I put my plea on the market place and within an hour I had tutors putting themselves forward. You just message the ones you fancy and then see if their availability suits yours, pay the introduction fee and the contact details and address are released to you. Would definitely use again.
Samuel B
Verified Reviewer

Except for one tutor, I have found First Tutors to be quite reliable.
Aurora L
Verified Reviewer

makes things easier, faster, more efficient.
Nikki S
Verified Reviewer

We found a good selection of Spanish tutors. We have chosen someone and we as a family can't wait to get started on Saturday.

I would recommend First Tutors for finding a reputable tutor.

Nikki S.
Nigel B
Verified Reviewer

Excellent service and does an important job.
Mariam S
Verified Reviewer

Good site to help find tutors. The only thing I could comment on is the fees to disclose the detail of the tutor. One has to repay if one did not get to agree with the tutor whose details have been disclose and has to pay again for a new one.
Helen H
Verified Reviewer

A little bit confusing on how to arrange to meet the tutor BEFORE you sign them up and start paying them.
Dear Helen,
We are sorry to hear you found the site navigation a little confusing. We aim to make our service as user-friendly as possible. We do have a customer support team, working 7 days a week to help answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to use the 'contact us' button to forward your feedback and we will do our best to make the necessary improvements. Wishing you the best of luck with your tutor.
Kind Regards,
Sarah
First Tutors
Jason R
Verified Reviewer

Easy website to navigate once you are used to it.
Lesley A
Verified Reviewer

All went very smoothly, lovely tutor has been to see us and we are very happy.
Stephen M
Verified Reviewer

Jen has a very relaxed attitude and tailors the lesson to suite the student, highly recommended
Janet M
Verified Reviewer

The tutors I contacted replied by return. I will be starting my tutorial tomorrow may 2017.
Alieu J
Verified Reviewer

Thanks for your help finding me tutor
First Tutors is rated 4.63 based on 3,077 reviews