First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

How would you rate First Tutors ?

"Excellent and easy website very happy with the tutor"
"Helping people for getting good teachers"
"This is a great site. It lets you find a tutor in your area and gives you a list of the courses they teach and the prices for each one. It is easy to navigate and once you've made contact with your tutor First Tutors check back in with you 72 hours later to see if all has gone according to plan. So I would definitely recommend this site."
"The website is useful, maybe a bit expensive though."
"Our experience was very disappointing. We retained the services of Madison, a math tutor. The process went well initially, but then she got sick, just days ahead of our son's final calculus exam. Once she felt better, two days before his exam, in spite of previously arranging to come to our home for one hour, she cancelled the session with a text, and refused to accept any further calls or messages from us. We brought this to the attention of First Tutors, and their solution was to waive their $10.00 administration fee the next time we needed to hire a tutor. Their idea of holding her accountable was to let our numerical 1/5 rating stand but our negative review would not be posted unless SHE chose to do so. First Tutors indicated that if a "pattern" of poor feedback was evident, they could remove a tutor from their site. Seems a bit odd when commentary is requested, but only posted if it's positive. If a site asks their customers to provide both ratings and commentary they have an obligation to post everything. Otherwise the data is manipulated creating a false, more positive outcome commentary for each tutor, If potential clients cannot validly and reliably determine that the tutor they are about to hire is as good as they appear to be, then it brings into question First Tutors entire tutor evaluation model."
Dear Lou,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your experience has not been a positive one and that you were let down by your tutor. In this scenario we offer a free replacement tutor as a gesture of goodwill, and I see that this has been offered to you.

With regard to your concerns surrounding leaving feedback: negative feedback scores are not removed from Tutor profiles. Tutors are able to decide whether comments left are to be published or hidden from their profile. Cumulative feedback scores (yellow stars at the top of a tutor profile) are always displayed, this is known as a Trust Score. By leaving negative feedback you will see that a Trust Score will reduce, affecting the overall ranking of the Tutor in the search listings. This also helps future parents/students when shortlisting for their own Tutor. Additionally, parents will be able to see a negative review was left on the Tutor's profile.

We cannot verify feedback comments (we were not there when tuition took place after all) however, where we see a pattern of negative feedback reviews or something concerning, we have the discretion to switch Tutors offline permanently.

Kind regards,

Christine
Customer Support
First Tutors
"Easy to navigate. Didn’t realize you need to pay for the introduction but otherwise a great platform for finding quality instructors."
"First Tutors helped me to find a very good tutor to teach Hsc physics"
"Mr Khalid is aqualified &professional tutor and he provided my daughter with alot of information ."
"I could find a good English tutor for my daughter using First Tutors Canada."
"I bought a guitar with no idea of how to play. Realised I needed a tutor, pdq, so googled tutors in my area. First tutors came up. I entered the site, perused through a few offerings, found a teacher that seemed to suit, and messaged him. We clicked, and I'm now, after one lesson, practising my first 5 chords, and 2 songs. First tutors made it easy. For less than 8 squid (I'd spend more on one kebab) I'm on my way. I'd recommend first tutors every day."
"Excellent place to find excellent tutors"
"This is the second time I used FT. Impressed to see that the platform has added some new features. I like the profiles and reviews. It helps to match needs with tutors strengths"
"So far I'm very impressed. Through First Tutors I've been able to find a tutor for myself very quickly and easily. It was helpful to be able to read other students' reviews, and fairly easy to exchange messages with the potential tutor via the First Tutors website. Once I was happy that I'd found a suitable person, I paid the agency fee so that I could contact the tutor directly, and I had my first lesson the very next day. As I understand it, First Tutors will allow me to change tutors if there are any problems, without paying another fee. I've not had to do this as I'm very happy with the first tutor I found, but it's reassuring to know that's a possibility."
"Unfortunately First Tutor didn't help me at all. I just pay to get the details of the tutor and after he didn't reply to my messages. Useless!"
Dear Florin,
Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear the tutor let you down by cancelling tuition.

I see you left feedback for the tutor this morning and our team have already been in contact with you explaining how to source another tutor free of charge.
Please do not hesitate to contact you if you have further questions.

Kind regards
Sara
Customer Service Team
First Tutors.
"This site was easy to use and helpful . Had many choices of qualified tutors with photo and enough information about the tutors' qualifications and most importantly reviews by real people. Big plus is the confidentiality of not releasing your contact info to potential tutors . You get to determine that ."
"Easy website to navigate and search on. Found tutor quickly with no hassle."
"Very simple and easy process So pleased with my sons tutor."
"Very impressed with First tutors, very easy to use the site, lots of choice & information on the tutors too. Would definitely recommend First Tutors."
"First Tutors found me a bass guitar teacher within a reasonable geographic radius of where I live - out in the sticks. The information provided about the teacher was enough for me to make my decision about whether to make contact and the introductory fee £7.99 seemed reasonable for the service provided. The only thing I would say is that the email template that pops up when you decide to make contact suggests that you're signing up for a fixed period which nearly put me off as I wanted a trial lesson and then decide whether to take things further. However once we made contact the teacher was as flexible as I could have hoped."
"Easy to use, got in contact with a good local tutor that met our requirements nicely"
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 4,800 reviews