First Tutors Reviews

Based on 8,530 reviews
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Joseph was not able to have his first Economics lesson with Dr Fletcher yesterday due to technical problems with his Zoom. We will try again today
Dear Judith, We are sorry to hear that the first lesson has not gone to plan. Please do reach out to us if problems persist using the 'Contact Us' page. Kind regards, Customer Service Team First Tutors.
Very good service, the qualifier teachers and the answers are fast, is a great solution to find Music tutors. Also, customer service work perfectly. I am using this service during the las three years.
A very easy site to use, and the tutors responded very quickly and professionally. Found a great tutor within a few days without any stress.
re Sally Draycott (Psychology A level; Tutored since May 2021) My daughter and I feel extremely lucky and grateful to have found Sally on First Tutors in May 2021. Sally is an excellent tutor with great interpersonal skills and a thorough knowledge of the A level psychology syllabus. As a qualified counsellor she has been able to support to my daughter during the exam period as an added bonus. Sally has also provided helpful additional learning resources to complement her teaching enabling her to increase her grades from E/U to achieving A* for her end of Year 12 exam and A level mocks. Fingers crossed for the A level result this August.
Very good , very quick and easily approachable
Lucrezia is a wonderful teacher for my son and is helping him to improve his reading and writing. She is a patient and engaging teacher and willing to help with any areas you request. I recommend her to anyone!
Great service, I got a tutor almost Immediately even on short notice
Very pleased with our tutor. My daughter is already progressing after two lessons. Christine is friendly and professional and interacts well with my daughter :)
Ronald is an excellent teacher. He was welcoming on my first lesson and took a genuine interest in my interests in Jazz music and past experiences in playing music. He was open in assessing my playing abilities and enthusiastic about what I can learn next. I have already started practicing and I am looking forward to my next lesson. Definitely recommend him.
I have been looking for a clarinet teacher for some time and your website was easy to use and came up with answers very quickly. It was easy to communicate with the teacher and make an appointment.
Good range of tutors. Easy process.
My son is really enjoying his lessons with Greg. He is increasing his confidence and enhancing his interest in the subject. My son looks forward to continuing his lessons until GCSE next year.
Happy with the service, quick & easy. Managed to find two tutors for my daughter.
A quick way of finding exactly the right tutor for me from an excellent choice.
Easy, fast, efficient service that connected me with an excellent tutor.
Fantastic tutoring from Annmarie. My daughter was not keen to study Macbeth for GCSE but Annmarie made it much more interesting and accessible. The sessions really helped with my daughter's knowledge and confidence.
I was able to find a suitable tutor very quickly.
Easy to use and great customer service and follow up.
Every quick and easy to use