First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Great first lesson
Put my son at ease and he really enjoyed it
Giovanni has been excellent, being patience, quickly assessing my linguistic standard and deciding on the best approach to improve. The homework has been challenging and he has provided additional material to test how much effort I really want to put in ! Looking forward to continuing this learning process.
Alex was very helpful, answered all my questions and is clearly an experienced tutor. Also a friendly guy!
Found a couple of good tutors - really happy.
Easy to access and pay fee of £20. Communication with tutor at the beginning to establish level of learning and nothing since despite further communications from my side. Now over a month. Don’t know if something is wrong or if tutor has changed their mind. At the moment I wouldn’t use this site again to find another tutor
this has been reviewed and upgraded since a new tutor found. Acknowledgement of problem from first tutors and immediate offer to allow search for new tutor with no further fee.
Dear Veronica,

Thank you for your feedback. I see that you haven't contacted us about the problem with your tutor so that we could help. We want our clients to have a positive experience and can offer another tutor free of charge. I will now send you an email with further instructions.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team
First Tutors
once i found your website, it is easy to navigate. However, your website was not easy to find when using using Google as a search engine when entering Find Gaelic tutor.
Very easy to share details with quick response from the tutor
I always use First Tutors. Easy site to use with plenty of choice for tutors.
First Tutors is an easy, helpful and most importantly successful service that puts quality tutors in contact with potential learners. This is the third time I have used First Tutors and again they have come up trumps with a great tutor for my daughters learning style. Very easy service to use, would definitely recommend.
Really enjoying the lessons and Alkisti is very receptive and responsive to my particular needs. As well as patient and supportive, she creates a good atmosphere for learning . Already I'm noticing progress and improvement in my spoken Greek. Rather than being a chore, I very much look forward to our weekly lesson.
The website did what it advertised effectively and efficiently. We found the tutor we were looking for and the process was painless.
Happy with service good way of finding a tutor
Very impressed with how the site works .
Good service, well organised and we found a good tutor.
Lorcan taught my daughter maths . Leaving cert. maths.
Lorcan is excellent, reliable, and dependable, and has a very calm manner. My daughter is now more confident at maths.
Highly recommended .
Excellent first session. All questions answered. A very successful match.
Easy to navigate website - all subjects and levels covered ... would definitely recommend to any parent looking to get extra one to one help for their child ... grinds online wasn’t something I would have ever thought about until the pandemic, but the students finished out last year remotely and have gotten used to working online so delighted with how easy it was to get sorted with a tutor...
I'm sorry to say that I wasn't very happy with my tutor, I asked him 3 time what time would suit him for our first session and 3 times he didn't answer. I need a tutor that will answer questions and if he can't even tell me what time then I don't really have much faith that he will do that. Unfortunately its very frustrating and time wasted.
There isn't anyone else close enough to have a tutoring session with so will be going to another tutoring website.
Dear Emma,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with your tutor. I see that customer service was in contact with you to offer another tutor free of charge. As we didn't hear from you again, we were unaware of the problem of finding a new tutor. Please feel free to contact us so that we can further help you to resolve your problem.

Kind regards
Customer Service Team
First Tutors.
Appalling. They have a geriatric tutor listed and then when it's too late they have their fee and you realise he's too old to be an effective teacher they refuse to refund your money. Steer Clear!!
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,329 reviews