First Tutors Reviews

2,459 Reviews

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Margaret C
Verified Reviewer

it made finding a local tutor hassle free ,and I felt I could trust that first tutors had done all the neccasary checks , well worth what it cost
Yohana T
Verified Reviewer

They are a great site who make finding tutors easier and simple for you, they make it so that it suits you and is convenient , and they suggest great tutor for the subject that you are struggling with.
Thanks First Tutors
Vishnu B
Verified Reviewer

Thank you for the 2 good teachers. However, it's better for you to verify the credentials of the tutors. I noticed that not all of them had produced their certificates, etc.
Nouf A

Hi
Sara canon is very good tutor and my two children liked her and they listen and pay attention to what she says in English
She knows how to give lessons to their ages in a very simple way
Im very grateful to know her
David H
Verified Reviewer

We have used First Tutors on two occasions, to book a tutor. We found the website very easy to use and intuitive and each time we were able to quickly identify a suitable tutor. The tutors have both been excellent for our daughter and have quickly improved her understanding of the subjects and her confidence.
I'd have no hesitation in recommending First Tutors to anyone.
Lisa F
Verified Reviewer

highly Recommended, calm, encouraging manner. My son has really taken to him and is positive about the lessons .
Jessica W
Verified Reviewer

My first lesson with Claire was great. Thoroughly enjoyed it, I highly recommend her. She is confident, bubbly and I saw the drive she has in teaching. Learnt some great vocabulary. Looking forward to my next lesson.
Jennifer H
Verified Reviewer

Very good website and very easy to use. First Tutors provided alot of information and guides you through the processes.
Sorcha G
Verified Reviewer

Simple to use; the tutors that I contacted responded quickly .
Patricia I
Verified Reviewer

As grandparents, we wanted to help our grandson who has special needs tutoring at school - especially in Maths. First Tutors website was easy to use and we were really chuffed to find exactly the help he needed and have the added bonus that the tutor was able to come to us.
Caroline Q
Verified Reviewer

Far to expensive for a few contact details.
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your feedback. The intro fee helps cover the costs of ID checks, reference collection, qualification verification etc. which gives parents and students peace of mind. The fee is directly related to the cost per hour of tuition a tutor charges and unlike other tuition sites there are no further fees to pay. If you have any further queries do email us.

Kind regards,
Grace
First Tutors
Elizabeth B
Verified Reviewer

Really good and reliable service. The service is highly recommend.

Karen G
Verified Reviewer

quick and easy to use and clear
Victoria R
Verified Reviewer

I couldn't of found a nicer caring English teacher, in just 4 sessions my son has come on so much.

I would highly recommend Anika.
Marissa C
Verified Reviewer

I find it very reliable website and the tutor for my son's violin is very nice. She is pleasant lady and my son really enjoyed his first tutorial.
Jackie W
Verified Reviewer

I was able to find suitable tutors with good experience through First tutors. Very quick responce and easy to use the website.
Tracey B
Verified Reviewer

Very efficient service. Fast and effective. Has a good selection of tutors available across many domains. Many thanks.
Sarah W
Verified Reviewer

An easy way to find a suitably qualified individual with the skills required to tutor
Anne R
Verified Reviewer

Very easy site to use. Good selection of tutors. Very satisfied
Michaela S
Verified Reviewer

Very easy site and plenty of tutor choice
First Tutors is rated 4.65 based on 2,459 reviews