First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Efficient way to find lots of tutors. Fiddly to navigate on a phone (re entering passwords and login each time you need to read a message and quite hard to get the hang of how the messages are stacked). Tech issues aside, I felt confident in the info being presented and easy to see a range of tutors at a glance.
First Tutors made it easy to find a tutor in our area with the right credentials.
Easy to use service if you know your criteria.
Professional and swift service.
would definitely recommend.
Went quite smoothly. Maybe fewer steps towards the final introduction would make the process easier.
Very quick & easy to use. Will definitely be reusingit in the future.
Initially I had some difficulty finding my way around your website, but once I got through the initial stages I found it very good.
easy to find the tutor that we think will be able to help our son with his A level Computer Science. Platform worked well and the process for making the introduction was good
Found it fairly easy to navigate site and that you did get a sense of different tutors and their styles. Information up to date. One message if reply not received from a potential tutor though.
It is a good site and they help to find good tutors.
I found First Tutors fairly simple to use: all initial communication with a prospective tutor is through the website, which is fine. However, I found the terminology of 'release this tutor' (or similar) quite confusing: it actually means that you need to pay a fee to First Tutors in order to get the contact details of that tutor. I was quite happy to pay, however I believe it would be fairer to say that up-front.
Good but a little expensive. Some tutors don't reply. thanks
GOOD POSITIVE RESPONSE FROM LOCAL TUTORS, ABLE TO BOOK LESSONS POST COVID SHUTDOWN
He is great! I will learn more from him!
First Tutors were efficient and the website was comprehensive and easy to follow. A question I had was answered quickly and gave me good guidance.
Really good. Marilu was pleasant, and technically good too - and managed to make me feel not stupid when the intensity of a skype lesson made me tongue-tied. It was my first online lesson (i used to have physical lessons)
Dzuliana is a fantastic tutor. My son needs to catch up a year of Russian so that he can join a Russian GCSE class in September so has started lessons with Dzuliana. She has quickly established a good relationship with him, makes the lessons fun and interesting and sets just the right amount of homework. Highly recommended!
First Tutors is an amazing service! Thank you so much for enabling me to connect to the academic help I need. I would give you a five star rating except the website is a bit awkward to use and could benefit from an update... Still, appreciate this concept and network!
The specialist subject area was not listed as a choice. A quick email to First Tutors, asking for advice, and Sarah came straight back with three excellent suggestions. We have engaged the first on her list and he has been outstanding.
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,394 reviews