First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Easy to access and pay fee of £20. Communication with tutor at the beginning to establish level of learning and nothing since despite further communications from my side. Now over a month. Don’t know if something is wrong or if tutor has changed their mind. At the moment I wouldn’t use this site again to find another tutor
this has been reviewed and upgraded since a new tutor found. Acknowledgement of problem from first tutors and immediate offer to allow search for new tutor with no further fee.
once i found your website, it is easy to navigate. However, your website was not easy to find when using using Google as a search engine when entering Find Gaelic tutor.
I was very impressed with your site and the way you found so many tutors that were available.
Good, friendly and knowledgeable. Looking forward to a long good relationship.
Found First Tutors on line when searching for Spanish tutor. Many good ones on offer! Very happy with the one I chose.
Good easy website to use only criticism is it’s quite expensive and as a result of paying the finders fee I am unable to afford as many lessons as I’d of liked.
good service for finding professional tutors. Pricey for intros so only use it when you are ready to hire/engage a specific tutor. the costs structure doesn't accommodate interviewing a shortlist and then engaging your final selection. So if you do a lot of hiring at work and want to apply those best practices for someone spending time with your child or coming to your home, you have 2 choices: spend a lot on the finder fees or cut corners and save the money for the actual tutoring session. I'd suggest the agency outline a search package to be more efficient and clear here.
The searching for a tutor went very well - put in what language and options came back which I then contacted to ask about lessons. All went very easily and I am very happy with the procedure and outcome. The only issues would be the apparently random nature of how much First will charge as a finders fee - you are given a range but nothing tells you why or how they decide the final figure and you don't know what it is until you want to actually have lessons with a tutor. Also, there is no clear way of paying your tutor, it seems like you have to sort that out between you.
Hpwever, overall, I am very happy with the whole procedure and outcome and would happily recommend First.
It was my first experience and I’m happy with it
Very helpful in finding a tutor
Great place to access tutors. It needs to be clear that where you have paid the finders fees for a tutor if it doesn’t work out you can use that fee for another. I think you will get more returning customers too. Also if there is a reduction for 2nd/additional tutors from this. Will encourage people to do many!
I was able to find a tutor and communicate with her efficiently enough to get sorted.
I came across First Tutors Music in my search for help with piano lessons and found them a helpful site in providing a list of tutors.

Choosing and making contact with the tutor has been easy so far.

Of course I wish there wasn't a fee to pay.
Not yet had first lesson with tutor, but found the process easy and reassuring.

I appreciated your safety measures.

Website looks a bit old and it was confusing (i.e. I found it hard to find the way to send/read messages) but more importantly you have a wide selection of tutors with a high number of feedback ratings.
First Tutors is helpful and efficient. The tutor who I chose is very good.
Extremely helpful in identifying suitable tutors close to my home address.
Good to have a selection to choose from.
Good site and found what I was looking for.Paul Knight.
Glad l found this website and was able to engage services of a tutor.
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,394 reviews