FDG Group Limited Reviews

of reviewers recommend FDG Group Limited
Read FDG Group Limited Reviews
My new heating system is wonderful. The house is so much more comfortable and warm.

The installation crew were wonderful and skilled. A few little hiccups were dealt with promptly.
Thank you so much Juanita for your amazing review! We're so glad you're happy with your new heating system. - FDG
An amazing service!
Fitted us in when let down my multiple other companies, supplied and fitted an amazing system which through all the snow has kept us warm and in hot water.
Also amazing help with sorting the RHI payment.
Highly recommend using FDG!
Thank you Joanne for your amazing review, we really appreciate it and we hope you enjoy your new, renewable system! -FDG
We purchased our Solar PV and battery installation from FDG after being very impressed with their salesman Steve F, who was friendly, knowledgeable, fair and honest, and whose level of service was head and shoulders above the other companies who quoted us. We felt that their offering was good value in the market so chose to go with them. Installation was duly arranged, and everything went downhill from there... pinpointed pretty much to the moment we handed the money over.

FDG had subcontracted the work out, so we found that engineers did not turn up when they should have done, and when they did turn up some of the critical parts were missing so we had to wait around a week for them to come back to finish the work and activate the system. The standard of workmanship was good, but they missed off all the safety labels for the system, and we got no demonstration of the product or any information on how to get the best out of it. After a lot of chasing FDG sent their own electrician out to rectify the lack of safety labels. The app for us to analyse our usage didn't work, which turned out to be because the inverter was running on old firmware and needed updating, which he also did. (We understand from FDG that they have since stopped using subcontractors).

Regulatory paperwork was either missing or very late, and we had to keep chasing for months for some of this, including the paperwork to register our system with the network operator. FDG kept insisting that we didn't need it, but our utility providers insisted we did. We eventually got it after several months after lots of chasing. Meanwhile the director mistook us for another customer and started emailing us chasing payments that we didn't owe.

We have since had some errors pop up on our system and have emailed the company a number of times to get some advice, but we have never received a response.

We've given them a very generous three stars because we're overall pleased with our system and were very impressed with Steve F. But their aftersales service leaves a lot to be desired and we felt this let them down.
Very disappointed in the service of the installation. Floor boards were broken, carpet stained, walls marked, installed radiators in the wrong place, leak down the wall and the pipe work was installed wrong. Nothing went smoothly and when asked to fix they tried to charge us extra and blame us for them not having a detailed plan of the works being carried out. FDG subcontract the work out so communication was poor and the plumbers installing the boiler had loud music on, shouting & swearing so overall very disrespectful.
They did a first class job of installing a solar I boost would recommend them for their workmanship.
Thank you Steven for your great review, we're so glad you were happy with our service. - FDG Team
We have had issues with our boiler since it was fitted in September 2020. We cannot have the radiator in our bedroom on at all or the downstairs don't get hot. When we asked about this the engineer said was an easy fix and should be included in package to then be told wasn't their fault but could be fixed at a cost to us of £400. I would never recommend anyone to this company we have a system that doesn't work properley at a cost of nearly £50 a month for the next 10 years disgusted!!!!!!
Very good thanks you for your service you was very professional
Thank you for your review. We're so glad you're happy with our service Derek! - FDG
Good value
original energy output of our solar panels had to be recalculated (downwards) twice, and the work had to be rescheduled twice, but when it was done, we were happy with the workmanship. A neat and tidy job was done.
Thank you Stephen for your review - Team FDG
Painless and efficient installation of a new boiler, highly recommended
Thank you for your review Colin, we are so glad you are happy with our service! If there's anything you need in the future you know where we are - FDG
Worked to get me up and running. happy customer
THEY INSTALLED A 6.4 KWH SOLAR PANEL SYSTEM ON MY ROOF AND MADE A NICE CLEAN GOOD LOOKING JOB IN SIDE AND ON THE ROOF.A VERY GOOD JOB FROM START TO FINSH AT A GOOD PRICE AND THE WORK FORCE WAS GREAT AT THERE JOB AND NICE TO DEAL WITH. ALL MY THANKS TO STAFF AND WORK FORCE FOR A VERY NICE AND CLEAN GOOD JOB.
Thank you Steven for your amazing review! We're so glad you are happy with our service, if there's anything else you need you know where we are! - FDG
Jon was so nice informed me every step of what he was doing
Thank you Monica for the review. We're so glad you was happy with our head engineer Jon!
I’m very impressed with this company , they did what they said they would do in the quoted time and the Vaillant heat pump for heating and hot water system Installed runs very efficiently with no issues since it was installed 4 months ago.
Thank you Steve, Jon and Ian.
Thank you Brian for your smashing review! We're so glad you were happy with our service. All the best! - FDG
A good company who completed a professional finish to my solar pump heating system, although thier care of customers property should be of concern to them as in cleanliness and leaving dirty marks on paintwork and external brickwork etc. I would reccomend them, and have them do more work for me should I require thier services. However they would need to improve on their after sales and customer service when agreeing to certain customer requests and thier communication skills need to be improved, but overall pleased to have been a customer of thier's.
What do you do if you discover that somewhere underneath an array of 12 solar panels (installed about 8 years ago) there is a significant leak through the roof? My answer was to trust the work to FDG Group Limited.

Scaffolding, of course, was a 'must', and in very short order FDG had arranged for this to be erected, swiftly followed by the removal of solar panels in order to identify the problem, and also to undertake the minor repair necessary to restore the integrity of the roof.

Based on my experience with FDG, I have no hesitation in commending them, especially as it was, to my mind, a rather unusual task. Many thanks to Nick who kept an eye on things, and kept me well informed during the whole endeavour.
Thank you so much for you feedback - We're so glad you are happy with our service! -FDG
Installation was completed on schedule and to a high standard. Very happy with the service.
Thank you so much for your excellent review! We're so glad you're happy with our service. If there is anything we could do to help further please don't hesitate to give us a call! -FDG
Continually chasing for months to get the paperwork completed. We still do not have our EPVS certificate and the 7 year guarantee from the heat pump manufacturer LG. I will be making a complaint to MCS.
Excellent service, friendly staff, knowledgeable staff, extremely helpful
Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad you are happy with our service. If there is anything further you need we're just a call away! -FDG
FDG installed a Vaillant AroTHERM Split 12 kW ASHP system in August 2020. On New Year's Eve, the system failed and Vaillant were unable to send out an engineer until 4 Jan. Steve from FDG came out at 1700 on New Year's Eve and, between Steve and Jon [via mobile phone], they managed to find the culprit box that had failed, replaced it [Steve by chance had a replacement in his van], restored our heating and thereby avoided 3 very cold days over New Year that we would otherwise have faced. This is customer support at its VERY HIGHEST LEVEL. Brilliant!
Found this company on internet initially to service my solar panel. I had been wanting to change my heating from gas to electric for some time and once I indicated this it was all systems go! In space of 3 weeks I now have my new boiler .Very quick service and engineers very helpful and worked very hard from installation by Torean and connection by Jon the electrician who went out of his way to get a special part which saved damaging an internal wall. I’m confident that from now on I will be supported should I have any problems and would definitely recommend this company.
Thank you for the great review! We're so glad you're happy with our service, it's reviews like this that make all the hard work worth it. If there's anything else you need at all we're just a call away! -FDG
FDG Group Limited is rated 4.32 based on 28 reviews