EEC Home Improvements Reviews

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over A Week
Read EEC Home Improvements Reviews

About EEC Home Improvements:

EEC Home Improvements have been providing UK homeowners services since 1991. Celebrating 29 Years of Business in 2020 offering UK home & business owners a wide range of home improvement services.

info@eec-hi.co.uk

140 Norwood Road

Solar panels installed. They made a big blunder by not warning us that the scaffolding would touch the neighbour's property and indeed rely on it for support. They said the scaffolding might "encroach" on the neighbour's property, but that wording does not give an adequate indication of the extent of the encroachment. No actual damage was caused, but I think the surveyor was at fault for not warning us. They did apologise. There were other lesser mistakes and misunderstandings on the way, so I cannot say I was pleased with the installation process. There were some saving graces. On the day, the installers were polite, observed social distancing and left no mess. When problems arose before and after, staff were very willing to put things right and we were able to maintain a polite and friendly dialogue. Now it is finally installed, the equipment seems to be working well and in the early days, the output seems to be matching prediction.
Hi - Should be 5 Star; as communications and information up to installation were excellent. The installation team were very good. So overall very good but just a couple of issues that downgrades to 4* 1. The scaffolding was unnecessary and just got in the way of the installation team. The roof runs off a large accessible balcony. The survey team said no scaffolding required and the installation team said it just got in their way and slowed them down. 2. The shine link monitoring system didn't work when the installers left (they said it would start working a couple of hours later - but it didnt). A couple of days later I rang the helpline. After 40 mins told someone would ring back - but never did. Two days later I rang again. I spoke to someone who was helpful although really just referred me to google (probably the right thing to do) . The key aspects was the App was not working & no light on the white dongle and only 2 lights showing on the shinelanbox. I had described this to the help line. Only by going through the complete manual did I work out that the dongle was not on - so I needed to take off the dongle and switch on the two hidden little switches that for some reason the installers had forgotten to do. It now appears to be working!!!
Professional throughout. Installers very good despite difficult ( covid) circumstances
Very good customer support, kept informed at all stages. Installation completed in one day. Now up and running.
The team who put up the solar panels were on time, quiet, efficient and friendly. The scaffolders came on the days they said for putting up and taking down the scaffolding.
Job started on promised date but dragged on a few days when it should have taken one afternoon. Install team polite and helpful. Scaffolding still in place a week after job completed. Very poor post-install communications regarding sale of excess electricity back to grid. I was promised helpful and useful information but in reality, I was simply told to "contact your electricity supplier". No response from EEC after requesting more info.
We had a 16 panel installation with 6kw battery backup on our South facing slate roofed house. From the outset, the whole process worked extremely smoothly and happened much quicker than we had expected. The installation team worked really hard and into the darkness (mid January) to get it finished on the day. Their workmanship was very tidy and professional . Today we are generating our first power. I have no hesitation in recommending DEC without any reservation. Well done team !
The installation team were very good and quick. It's a pity that office staff have so far been unable to provide all the correct paper work. This could be down to the Christmas break so we will have to wait and see.
EEC installed solar panels to our house, from start to finish all aspects were explained to us and in language we ( senior citizens ) could understand. They were in constant contact as the project moved forward so there were no surprises along the way, even after the completion contact was maintained to ensure we were happy with everything. All in all a good job done by a good organisation. Thank you.
We cannot fault EEC when they fitted our solar panels. We were kept well informed about what and when things were to happen, from the survey, scaffold erection, and installation. We had follow up phone calls to check we were happy with everything plus additional information via emails. The work was done efficiently and tidily. Now we are waiting for the much reduced electricity bill!
Happy with the final result but there were several delays
Went without a hitch. Very professional, helpful company.
Good clean workers did a good job
We cannot fault EEC home Improvements. Their communication was great throughout and they were very respectful on the selling front calling back when I had asked them to, months after, not bombarding us with phone calls and a hard sell. 10 out of 10 on all fronts this far in. They deserve to be a successful business as they put the customer first.
installation carried out quickly, tidily and without fuss. site cleaned after.I am happy.
Excellent service!
I am very pleased that I chose EEC to supply my solar PV system. All the staff were friendly from the salesman through to commissioning. After a little discussion to understand my requirements, they designed a system using high quality components and installed the system in under a week. Wow! Why only 4 stars? Well they made too many unnecessary errors. The first installation team didn't have all the parts or the time to install and set up the system correctly. A week later a second team finished the job. The scaffolding was up for two weeks, which would not normally be a problem except that it covered our satellite dish and screwed up our Sky TV box. There were too many occasions when EEC said they would ring back and then didn't. These problems may appear to be trivial now, but when you spend this much money, then it is easy to lose confidence. Overall. if you wish to have a solar PV system installed, then I highly recommend EEC. Just be prepared for one or two rocky patches along your journey.
Very efficient service from initial contact through to installation. Excellent surveyor, installers & office staff. Can recommend EEC.
Very good the work on my garage roof was spot on and they were lovely lads and they cleaned up after they finished thanks
Even in these trying times re Covid, an excellent service. Very good products and very skilled well trained and polite workforce. We are now proud to have an air source heat pump Yay!
EEC Home Improvements is rated 4.62 based on 486 reviews