Eckman Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend Eckman

Tell us how Eckman made you happy

"I am totally disgusted with Eckman! On 23rd January, I ordered Telescopic Chainsaw & Hedge Trimmer. The Hedge Trimmer arrived but not the Chain Saw. As everyone says, trying to get in touch with them is impossible!! They don't answer my phone calls and they have not replied to my 10 + emails. I think trading standards should look into how this two bit company is run and I would advise anybody not to trade with them I personally would not even award them 1 star!"
Thank you for taking the time to talk to me today
I have emailed you as per our conversation
"Unfortunately, I placed an order for an Eckman Elite 2.4kW 'In-Line' Electric Chainsaw on 27th January 2016, before I read this review. Unfortunately, I also paid for Express Delivery at £7.99, for which Eckman's website advises "delivery within approximately one working day". Like several reviewers on this site, I immediately received a email notifying that the order has been received, with limited information and nothing whatsoever regarding delivery. Based on a next day delivery (following acceptance of the order), I had somebody waiting in the house for the delivery, which surprisingly, did not arrive. I then sent a sent an email Eckman asking for information on delivery, which is not unreasonable. To date, I have received no response whatsoever, however, they have sent me to emails; one advising that I retrieve a 25% discount on any items from their website, then seconds later, a further advising 30% discount. Clearly, sales matter and customer service does not. My reason for writing this review so quickly, is to warn others, principally on the additional fees charged for one day delivery which has not happened, and secondly, I suspect I will encounter similar issues to every other reviewer on this site. However, I will give Eckman one further day to respond (Monday, 1 February 2016), then I will be looking at obtaining a full refund. Alternatively, if I do receive an appropriate response, or receive the product but the product then fails to meet expectations (based entirely on the description within Eckman's website for the product), I will then pass the matter over to my wife, who works for Trading Standards. I will provide her with the details of this website also, which I think TS will find most interesting. In the meantime, I will give Eckman's a chance, but if they fail in any respect whatsoever, I will pursue them to the full extent of the law, and regardless of failure or success, provide an updated review on this site for others. David Stanway"
I have today as per telephone call emailed you my details. I apologise for the delay and inconvenience caused
"I ordered online goods on 10/08/16 and paid. I received advice that, on 12/08/16 they had despatched the goods, The goods had not arrived by 30/08/16 so I phoned. Their ".call centre." could not give me any information - the goods were allegedly held up in their warehouse due to "shipment problems" My research identifies a company run by disqualified (bankrupt) directors . It takes your money up front for goods, fails to deliver, promises refunds and uses the £multi-million cash for offshore scams, dodgy deals or drug imports. It deserves in-depth investigation by HMRC tax and Police fraud teams, as it should not be an online fraud."
"These people are just not up to it! An email everyday in December with offers and when you do order, they take about a week to dispatch. What's more, when you enquire with customer services, they are barely civil! To top it all the carrier lost the goods........ Stick to Amazon, they know about customer service."
Thank you for your review - I am sorry to hear of the problems that you have had with your order.. I have emailed you today
"Good looking website. Absolutely dreadful service. Ordered a fork & trowel set on 16.12.15 (Ekcman advertising delivery for Xmas on anything ordered by 21st. One order confirmation email back then nothing at all. Emailed on 24th to ask what was going on. No reply. Tried to call several times but no ansaphone, just a BT(?) message saying "this number is unavailable". Sent second email to cancel the order. Still no reply by 29th so rang again. Was told that the item I ordered wasn't actually in stock when I ordered! No apology offered. The girl on the phone said that an email confirming it had been cancelled had been sent. I said nothing recieved and asked her to send it again (as yet still no email!). Timescale on refund? Huffily advised they will process it in a couple of days time. A company to avoid. Completely."
Thank you for your recent review I am sorry to hear of the service that you have received from us.

I have emailed you my details
"never again willing to take your money at 10p per minute but will not answer e mails as previous custermer goods arrived after canceling"
"Returned my Eckman 36v Battery hedge cutter via Yodel in July that stopped working after 10 months use, after many phone calls and e mails to customer services it is now September. Still no replacement or repair. This company will sell you a product but if it goes wrong don't expect a replacement or repair. My advice is go to Screwfix or B&Q and save some money and if it goes faulty you can return the product and get a refund. By the way apparently they have a huge warehouse in Sittingbourne where your returns are dumped never to be seen again. One star as the hedge cutter looks good!!"
"Ordered a hedge trimmer online on 22,7,16 and paid in full. Expected an email informing me of a dispatch date but none came.After a few days I rang them, after being held in a queue for twenty mins, I was told that it had been dispatched and should be with me within 5 working days. It didn't arrive so rang again, waited in the queue again.This time told had problems with the ware house and only been dispatched that morning. I then asked for a tracking number and was given an incorrect one, phoned back again and given another-tracking number. Contacted Yodel who told me that they never picked up a parcel from Eckman, when I asked how come Eckman have a tracking number then, they told me they issue a tracking number when they are instructed to collect a parcel, but the parcel was never collected because it wasn't there! I then spent the next week phoning between yodel and Eckman to try and find the parcel, whilst Eckman did nothing but send a few emails! I eventually gave up and asked for a refund. I have since contacted trading standards and been told to try to get my money back through my bank with charge back. If any one out there is tempted to buy any thing through this company, please save your selves a lot of heartache and avoid this company like the plague that it is!"
"I ordered Solar sensor spotlight BOGOF on 1/6/2016. Email received from Eckman that my order has been despatched on 2/6/2016 .My account was debited on 2/6/2016. The order has not been delivered as at today 13/6/2016. Email sent to Eckman with no response. The courier never turned up to deliver the order instead lied that there was no access to the property, whereas this is the 3rd time I ordered from eckman and there was no delivery problem with the previous orders. I think their courier is NOT reliable . My order number is 67484. I'm still waiting for the delivery of my order after 13days of placing the order."
"Ordered a long-reach hedgetrimmer in August 2015, which did not arrive. Tried to contact Eckman by phone but calls went unanswered (got the impression it may have been an outsourced call-centre). Contact by E-mail was effective however and the missing item was traced to a corner of the Eckman warehouse and did get delivered, a month late. It was a sad piece of machinery: underpowered, and failed after a couple of hours’ use. Eckman did issue a returns authorisation (again by E-mail) and did offer to collect the item, although I opted to send it by courier, and I’m glad I did. No refund arrived. Again I E-mailed Eckman who denied receiving the returned item. But, from my courier’s tracking data, I was able to prove that a named member of Eckman’s staff had signed for it. Only then did Eckman issue a refund, finally received in January 2016. To be fair, Eckman’s E-mails were courteous, but the product was disappointing, and customer service not really a good experience. I get the impression that Eckman are now making more of an effort, but I for one would be wary of dealing with them again."
I apologise for the delay and inconvenience caused in this matter. I have rang this morning and left a message and I will call again Later
"Not the product. My review below has resulted in a full refund and cheque received next day. Tracy, the agent was very informative and acepted that the lights were "not fit for purpose". A good end to a disappointing purchase."
"BRANCH SAW SAGA - UPDATE ON PREVIOUS REVIEW Some weeks ago I reported on difficulties I was having in securing a refund from Eckman for a Branch saw which had been delivered minus parts, and which to me, looked like a poorly repacked returned item. Eventually, I received a long overdue refund, so matters have now been concluded. My difficulties started when this defective item was received on 28 August 2015. This is a summary of the most recent events from 18 September, up to the conclusion on 16 October: Friday 18 September: I spoke to a member of staff at 10.25am to enquire why I had not received a refund. He said that a refund of £69.98 had been authorised and should be in my Paypal account by 23 September. Friday 25 September: I spoke to a member of staff, stating that as a refund had not yet been received, I wished to speak to the manager in the refund department. That request was refused and I was told that a refund of £64.95 had definitely been authorised. I reiterated that I was seeking £77.97 to include £7.99 return postage for the defective item. Thursday 1st October 13.00Hrs: As no refund had been made, it was my view that not only was Eckman in breach of its own terms of contract; it was in breach of consumer protection legislation. Spoke to a member of staff who said she would look into matters with the lady who deals with Paypal refunds and would call me back. No-one called back. (No surprises there then). Friday 2 October, 9am: As no-one rang back on 1 October I spoke to yet another member of staff who assured me that all amounts had been authorised and actioned for refund, namely, £64.99, plus £4.99 original P&P, plus £7.99 My Hermes return postage, a total of £77.97. I asked to be put through to the department that deals with refunds to speak directly to them. Was told “we can’t put you through - we only deal with the refund section via e-mail”. Tuesday 13 October: Received notification from paypal of a full refund. (Refund of return postage of £7.99 still outstanding. Friday 16 October: Received a cheque for the outstanding £7.99 through the post. Hence, for me, this drawn out saga is now at an end. Despite Eckman’s own terms of contract stating that they will refund within seven days of the defective goods having been received by them – which in my case was 7 September, it took six weeks, six phone calls and an unanswered e-mail (what’s the point?), for this matter to be concluded. Had I not been persistent and assertive, I can’t imagine how much longer it might have taken. Each phone call entails being placed in a queue. Front line staff - who are clearly under pressure to make sales - serve as an impenetrable ‘firewall’ to keep customers away from supervisors and management. There is only a ‘sales’ department, only a ‘sales’ e-mail address and when things go wrong, no mechanism to resolve the problem speedily and without fuss. It’s ludicrous for Eckman to spend so much effort in spraying sales literature around like confetti, and bombarding people with e-mail sales spam, if they seriously hack off existing customers who are the ones most likely to place future orders if they’re looked after properly. To dissipate customer goodwill in this way makes no sense at all. In the end, I got my full refund after a lot of hassle, and had I got it within the time promised by Eckman, I might have been favourably impressed. As it is, Eckman have lost a customer for good, and I lose no opportunity to warn others off dealing with Eckman, relating my tale of woe. So, the bottom line is that if you deal with Eckman, you ride at your own risk - I've parted with them for good. First impressions count, and no-one gets a second change to make a first impression. Bye bye Eckman. David."
"I ordered the Sunjet 300 Solar Powered Water Fountain, on offer at £48.98 on 4th July 2015. Eckman collected the payment straight away, but emailed that delivery was delayed till end July. Throughout the summer the item didn't arrive, no notification of further delays until I telephoned; then on 10th September I said (again) I haven't received it, please cancel and refund. They confirmed on 16th September, to expect the refund within 3 - 5 working days. Today (2rd October), no refund; phoned Customer Services, their records show refund has been cancelled!!! Also they say I have received the item!!! So they are (they say) investigating; I am submitting a formal complaint (their customer services operator knows nothing about that). I will never buy from them again. I'm also looking at some sort of Code of Practice that should protect mail order customers. DON'T BUY FROM THEM!"
"Big adverts, brilliant website, a disgrace of a company. My hedgecutter arrived late but that was only the start of the problem. A small fitting was missing so emailed the company twice but got no reply. Rang customer services and spoke to Samantha, who said she would look at. She followed up with an email telling me she would get the part sent out. Four weeks later, no part, no email. Rang customer support again, spoke to someone called Ashley who said they couldn't send an individual part but if I would like to try B&Q they would reimburse me! Other than that, he could not help me. What a joke. Having been assured the part would come, I had used the cutter, meaning I could not sent it back. Eckman have no interest in their customers once they have got their money. The after-sales service is among the worst I have ever experienced. There are other garden equipment specialists out there. Use them and avoid Ekman at all costs"
"i AGREE WITH MANY OF YOU. ECKERMAN DO NOT ANSWER THIER PAY PHONE,HOLD IN A QUEUE ,DO NOT RESPOND TO E MAILS,AND STAFF ARE SURLY AND MISINFORMED WHEN YOU CAN ACCESS THEM. CEO AND HEAD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HEAD OF TECHNICAL ALL FAIL TO RESPOND TO COMPLAINTS/REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE. FOUND THEIR AD, IN RADIO tIMES AND HAVE REPORTED THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE STANDARDS TO RT AND NEXT WHICH R CAMPSIE"
"I purchased a telescopic hedge trimmer recently. When I tried to put it together I noticed the extending pole was very short. I phoned Eckman and eventually spoke to someone who said they would get the item replaced. A month later I am still waiting. I do not recommend this company."
"Why oh Why didn't I read these reviews before purchasing an item from this company. This company is a complete shambles, they take your money but do not send the goods when you finally contact the customer service dept you are fobbed off with "its in packing dept" "its out of stock" "a new one is being sent to you" etc etc . I have been waiting 3 months for a garden strimmer and today 13/08/2015 I have cancelled the order and demanded my money back, their customer services dept stated it would take up to 5 working days for the money to be reinstated but I do not trust them at all. My advice to people thinking of using this company is DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS COMPANY."
"Placed an order and paid by credit card. Was advised 7-10 days delivery. After waiting for over 10 days tried calling eckman to ask when I could expect the item. It took me nearly 4.5 hours to speak to someone who advised they only take orders, they transferred me to a ringing telephone, I held on for 47 mins but no one bothered to answer the phone! After two more days I finally got through to the ideal home show shop where the order had been placed originally, who apologised and informed me that eckman had cancelled the order and should have informed me and refunded me in full! I have requested my credit card company demand the money back. I will never ever use eckman or the ideal home show shop again! If they cannot deal with office basics then I wouldn't trust their tools in the slightest! Beware!"
"Reference to my last review, after many emails and phone calls. I spoke to a lovely lady today,who promised to refund money to my paypal account today,and guess what she was true to her word money has now been paid back into my account, just wish I could have spoken to her earlier. Having said this I would never use this firm again and advise any one else not to order from them not unless they want a nervous breakdown!!!!!!!! H"
"Utterly useless Company which I have reported to Trading Standards and trust they will be put out of business"
Eckman is rated 1.62 based on 468 reviews