Eckman Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend Eckman

Tell us how Eckman made you happy

"Bought a Telescopic Chainsaw & Hedge Trimmer - was broken on delivery. Eckman Customer Service claimed to arrange a courier collection on 2 ocassions, wasting a day at home on each ocassion, but the courier did not arrive. I strongly recommend anyone to NOT buy anything from Eckman, as I still have not received a refund, as they cannot arrange a collection"
"We made an order in August 2017, which was out of stock, and paid for it up front. To be told that it would be dispatched when back in stock. However, after hearing nothing for some weeks, we contacted Eckman by telephone and was promised that half the order would be dispatched immediately having come back in stock. The remainder would then follow on once in stock later this month, September 2017. We received the first part of the order, which did not match the description and pictures in their brochure. We contacted their sales team, only to be told that they had changed their supplier and changed the order. We were also told that the remainder of the order was now cancelled as they were no longer being supplied by the retailer for our remaining items. This is most disappointing and would advise anyone interested in their items to be very careful, to avoid further disappointment."
"Bought a Wheeled garden vacuum, blower and shredder and despite the press advert saying rigorously tested and designed the power plug keeps on falling out of its socket on the machine and ad says fast Bag changing system which is at least true as the plastic Bag securing catch always comes loose with the vibration of the machine covering my trousers and shoes . At least the motor is good."
"I parched a chainsaw from these people that despite only being used 3 times in 13 months before it ceased. Eckman not interested in any form of customer care. Stupidly I bought an electric 4 in 1 hedge cutter. Used it a few times last year but, guess what, it has stopped working. I phoned them on the 25th August and advised the technical dept. would ring back in 48 hours. Several call later to find out what was happening I was told there is only one person in the technical department and he was on holiday and no one knew when he was due back! Toady after a total of 12 calls to Eckman 7 promised call backs I have been told that the model I have EKEMS1 only has a 12 month warranty unlike the EKEMS2 that is now advertised that has a 3 year warranty. I was told I could pay £10 to have the unit collected to see if it could be repaired and whatever the cost was they would charge me before the unit was returned. Lesson learned together with all the others on this site. Give this company a very wide miss for both quality and customer service."
"Purchased a battery hedgecutter. It turned out to be as useful as a chocolate teapot. When I tried to order extra batteries I got fobbed off on several occasions by their useless customer service dept.Have learned the hard way to buy quality tools from quality companies, that way you avoid all the grief from these Mickey Mouse firms. Won't be lured in anymore by ads that promise great things at reasonable prices."
"16 days ago I ordered from this company. around 5 days ago I was told the wrong product had been dispatched. I contacted them and they told me that yes the wrong product had been dispatched but not to worry as I could return it and they would dispatch the correct goods and pay return postage. Today, 16 days after the initial order, I received an e mail saying that my original order was no longer available but if I returned what I had received they would reimburse me any monies paid. Also in the e mail was a reference number that I should quote when returning the goods alas though no return address. I have decided to keep the goods which they dispatched, which as I have told them I think was their plan all along. At least it shifts goods and it is similar to what I ordered in the first place. My advice avoid this company at all costs"
"We had a strimmer 4 months ago,my son couldn't get the strimmer line on and the lugs broke off. I e-mailed 3times to no avail, we have paid to get it mended. Don't buy anything from this firm, very bad after sales service service."
"Awful customer service ! Had a problem with a hedge trimmer that I had only had for six months . Took them two weeks to reply to several e mails then all I got were poor excuses ( the guy who deals with this only works two days a week ! ) finally get them to collect the trimmer to be fixed now had it for over two weeks still no info as to what is happening. All I get is we are sorry we will get back to you when we know something . Avoid this company !"
"I suspect that the item I ordered was not available even when I ordered it. However, while holding on to my money they persisted in sending alternatives which I made it very clear I did not want. Of course on each occasion I had to pack these up and return them, staying in for couriers who did not turn up. Finally someone admitted that my order was unavailable, and they did return my money. I was told by one employee that the person who receives the order has no idea what is available or is not, and that items are placed in the catalogue regardless, even when discontinued. Fortunately I never managed to buy the product I wanted from them. Ironically, they kept one promise: they asked me to complete a customer satisfaction survey, which I did, giving as few points as the scale allowed. However, they had promised not to contact me further, so they never knew what had gone wrong. Don't suppose they care while innocent consumers continue to order from their catalogue."
"I bought a 4 stroke strimmer from yourselves a couple of years ago and had to return it because of starting problems and I thought it was falling apart after a few uses. At least we had a refund. I'm an engineer so I know what is what. We got a strimmer from B&? - 2 stroke, much better quality! Lawn mower from Screw??? - brill! Wouldn't use Eckman again - I think that the quality control is very poor; it is in very dire need of much improvement. I also used to work in Quality Assurance. You need to address this immediately - looking at the reviews I've seen on your site - mostly 1 out of five. Does that tell you something??"
"I bought the extended chainsaw/hedgtrimmer and twice thehsdgetrimmwr has stopped working. Only to be told after the whole taking months to get back to you, it's now out of warranty. Don't buy any products from this company as they are terribly made products with no real customer service. Left with a product I can use. But I work in media and I'm going to make a full video on this and take to my Twitter followers and Facebook followers #dontbuyeckman"
"Made two purchases from the eckman.ie site and waited and waited. Eventually got in contact with customer service to be told that one item was discontinued. Not sure which one. They made no effort to contact me to let me know so I have wasted a week instead of buying another product elsewhere. I haven't been refunded yet but it has only been 24 hours since I contacted them."
"Parts do not last and when you try to get replacement Eckman say that part is no longer available (if, in fact it ever was!)"
"3 items ordered over about 3 years. 2 long reach hedge trimmers and a battery trimmer. Maximum use of about 18 months very occasionally. All now USELESS. I 'VE GONE TO SCREWFIX AT HALF THE PRICE."
"I have an Eckman cultivator 2 stroke recently the drive shaft broke, trying to get the part from Eckman is impossible, I'm told that they no longer supply that part and can't source it for me needless to say I will never buy from them again customer service is very poor, to say the least"
"i bought the Eckman elite 1.4kw grass strimer brushcutter 3 mins in useing it the safety guard came off...the vibration was so bad the next thing to come loose was the motor ....i have packed it up to send back to them..........i bought though Amazon just hope i don't have any bother getting my money refunded ................will let u know if i get refund"
"Rubbish customer service thats an abuse of the word service. Dont know their oroducts dont comply with sale of goods act 2015. About to do battle on refund. Like many others had seen these reviews would have run a mile."
"I bought the Eckman Lightweight 9ft 2¼in Long Reach Telescopic Hedge Trimmer in May. I used it for 5 minutes to cut leaves from Nellie Stevens 'tree' (hardly tough), smoke came from the motor and it stopped. Completely useless."
"Whatever you do, don't buy the Eckman battery operated hedge cutter/chainsaw/strimmer. The batteries are not fit for purpose, they don't last 5 minutes. Bought a replacement for £27 and that didn't last long either. Complete waste of money."
"Long reach hedge trimmer Useless! Too heavy and not powerful enough"
Eckman is rated 1.62 based on 468 reviews