Eckman Reviews

14% of reviewers recommend Eckman

How would you rate Eckman ?

"If there was a minus, it would be minus 10 Ordered an item and paid £200+, waited for a confirmation email, after 3 days , nine arrived, so I rang them to be told it’s out of stock, should be in within 72hours and would be despatched asap. One week later, still nothing, I rang again, to be told the same and when I suggested they should be informing there customers of the situation. Was told they had trouble sending out “some” emails, very convenient I would say. I have now cancelled my order and have asked for a refund, what an absolute shambles of a company, would never attempt to purchase from these people again!"
"My vacuum leaf machine bag had split and now find that i cannot replace bag which is a shame as the machine was excellent. Only bag available has different fittings. Found customer services no use at all!"
Thomas Delaney
Unverified Reviewer
"Nothing went wrong its the fact that you advertise the trimmer showing a woman operating the unit at height. I found the unit to heavy to operate for moore than a few minutes before needing to rest. I consider your advert to be deceptive if not a complete falsehood"
"Unable to get relacement bag for garden vacuum. Machine is less than three years old but they have changed the fitting from round to square so my machine is now useless. Avoid this company, not helpful at all."
"Three months on and still waiting for our hedge trimmer to arrive . No word from company, no record of our order when contacted , although had been keen enough to take our payment .Still advertising item on website when they obviously haven't any stock and haven't had for months. Avoid this company at all costs."
Susanna Anderson
"Delivered on time, kept me up to date with out of stock products, refunded instantly for a discontinued product 10 out of 10 ,"
"Bought a leaf blower from them 2 years ago.Now told no spares are available.Dont buy from these clown rubbish after sales service."
"Poor quality. Poor customer services. Don't bother."
"Purchased an Eckman 3000w leaf vacuum/blower in September 2015. It is clearly not a machine that you use very often but already the collection bag has badly split. Thought I would have no trouble getting a new bag but this is not the case. The only bags for this model are square fitments but these only fit the newer model. Can you believe it that you cannot get a new bag for a machine that is only two years old. Also I am regularly having to take machine apart to clear blockages."
"I ordered tree popper and then found out I could get it on Amazon at £22 less. I Immediately cancelled the order by email, Despite four emails to their sales they dispatched it two days later. Of course there was no reply from Ekman at all. And of course to return it I would have to pay the return postage"
"Ordered tins of spray and seal on the 21/09/2017 still waiting, no real reason for delay, other then waiting for stock to come in.Dont think I would use this company again."
"Bought a Telescopic Chainsaw & Hedge Trimmer - was broken on delivery. Eckman Customer Service claimed to arrange a courier collection on 2 ocassions, wasting a day at home on each ocassion, but the courier did not arrive. I strongly recommend anyone to NOT buy anything from Eckman, as I still have not received a refund, as they cannot arrange a collection"
"We made an order in August 2017, which was out of stock, and paid for it up front. To be told that it would be dispatched when back in stock. However, after hearing nothing for some weeks, we contacted Eckman by telephone and was promised that half the order would be dispatched immediately having come back in stock. The remainder would then follow on once in stock later this month, September 2017. We received the first part of the order, which did not match the description and pictures in their brochure. We contacted their sales team, only to be told that they had changed their supplier and changed the order. We were also told that the remainder of the order was now cancelled as they were no longer being supplied by the retailer for our remaining items. This is most disappointing and would advise anyone interested in their items to be very careful, to avoid further disappointment."
"Bought a Wheeled garden vacuum, blower and shredder and despite the press advert saying rigorously tested and designed the power plug keeps on falling out of its socket on the machine and ad says fast Bag changing system which is at least true as the plastic Bag securing catch always comes loose with the vibration of the machine covering my trousers and shoes . At least the motor is good."
"I parched a chainsaw from these people that despite only being used 3 times in 13 months before it ceased. Eckman not interested in any form of customer care. Stupidly I bought an electric 4 in 1 hedge cutter. Used it a few times last year but, guess what, it has stopped working. I phoned them on the 25th August and advised the technical dept. would ring back in 48 hours. Several call later to find out what was happening I was told there is only one person in the technical department and he was on holiday and no one knew when he was due back! Toady after a total of 12 calls to Eckman 7 promised call backs I have been told that the model I have EKEMS1 only has a 12 month warranty unlike the EKEMS2 that is now advertised that has a 3 year warranty. I was told I could pay £10 to have the unit collected to see if it could be repaired and whatever the cost was they would charge me before the unit was returned. Lesson learned together with all the others on this site. Give this company a very wide miss for both quality and customer service."
"Purchased a battery hedgecutter. It turned out to be as useful as a chocolate teapot. When I tried to order extra batteries I got fobbed off on several occasions by their useless customer service dept.Have learned the hard way to buy quality tools from quality companies, that way you avoid all the grief from these Mickey Mouse firms. Won't be lured in anymore by ads that promise great things at reasonable prices."
"16 days ago I ordered from this company. around 5 days ago I was told the wrong product had been dispatched. I contacted them and they told me that yes the wrong product had been dispatched but not to worry as I could return it and they would dispatch the correct goods and pay return postage. Today, 16 days after the initial order, I received an e mail saying that my original order was no longer available but if I returned what I had received they would reimburse me any monies paid. Also in the e mail was a reference number that I should quote when returning the goods alas though no return address. I have decided to keep the goods which they dispatched, which as I have told them I think was their plan all along. At least it shifts goods and it is similar to what I ordered in the first place. My advice avoid this company at all costs"
"We had a strimmer 4 months ago,my son couldn't get the strimmer line on and the lugs broke off. I e-mailed 3times to no avail, we have paid to get it mended. Don't buy anything from this firm, very bad after sales service service."
"Awful customer service ! Had a problem with a hedge trimmer that I had only had for six months . Took them two weeks to reply to several e mails then all I got were poor excuses ( the guy who deals with this only works two days a week ! ) finally get them to collect the trimmer to be fixed now had it for over two weeks still no info as to what is happening. All I get is we are sorry we will get back to you when we know something . Avoid this company !"
"I suspect that the item I ordered was not available even when I ordered it. However, while holding on to my money they persisted in sending alternatives which I made it very clear I did not want. Of course on each occasion I had to pack these up and return them, staying in for couriers who did not turn up. Finally someone admitted that my order was unavailable, and they did return my money. I was told by one employee that the person who receives the order has no idea what is available or is not, and that items are placed in the catalogue regardless, even when discontinued. Fortunately I never managed to buy the product I wanted from them. Ironically, they kept one promise: they asked me to complete a customer satisfaction survey, which I did, giving as few points as the scale allowed. However, they had promised not to contact me further, so they never knew what had gone wrong. Don't suppose they care while innocent consumers continue to order from their catalogue."
Eckman is rated 1.63 based on 459 reviews