Easirent Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Easirent
7PM
7PM

Tell us how Easirent made you happy

Returns & Refunds
Could Be Better
returns process
"How this company is still in business I will never know. I don't write reviews in general, but I am so appaled at the service and damn right borderline criminal business they practice I wanted to warn other future customers. Use a reputable hire company, avoid this one like the plague."
Are you Easirent? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Easirent receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"NEVER, EVER use this car rental company for your own sanity. I requested a diesel car when i booked and was never told verbally that the car I had been given was a petrol car. My first fill up I put diesel into the car and ended up broken down on a busy motorway verge with a 2 year old and my wife. My initial contact with Exeter Easirent was to try and get a recovery sorted. All I was told was to ring a number on my contract. Never once did the company ring to see if I had been recovered. I had to wait for 3 hours with two of those hours with my daughter at the side of a motorway. Only for the holiday let owner coming to rescue my wife and daughter they would have been standing there for the whole 3 hours. The next morning I rang to see what easirent was going to do with the car. They said it was my responsibility to get the fuel drained. The problem was I was unclear where the AA had taken my car. Eventually, I located it and the car was drained. However a spark plug was not working. The AA engineer tried to locate a new spark plug from Peugeot but they were out of stock and were to be out of stock for the next two weeks. So Easirent gave me a car that I was unable to get parts for. I then had to get the car back to Exeter depot at my own expense. I asked would they give me a replacement car. They said no. I asked could I take out a completely new contract with them for a new car and they said no. So I was left on my family holiday without a car. I had to go and rent a car from a completely new company. From beginning to end Easirent was as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle. I then got a £200 bill for a spark plug that costs about £25. I rang and asked for an itemised bill for the work done to the car and no one ever called me back. PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. If I could give no stars I would."
"I had previously written a 5 star review, and was a very local customer to easirent, unfortunately I had a terrible experience in late August hiring a car. We waited 4 hours for our hire car, and were given an empty tank of fuel, which is a direct violation of the contract. I went through the correct channels of lodging a complaint & believed that hopefully a customer service representative would come to us to turn the issue around. Unfortunately, I waited 63 days for a response which was honestly about 3 sentences of 'sorry you had a bad time, no refund due'. As someone who works in customer service I am appalled by the level of genuine indifferent feeling towards customers, especially loyal ones who gave the company an opportunity to turn our negative experience around. Unfortunately I will never use easirent again, the cheap price was not worth the headache & frustration it caused me."
"Overall mixed. Arrival very poor.. Waited over an hour for the shuttle and very rude staff at the office. Hard sell on the insurance (I had bought excess insurance online beforehand for only £11). Return much better. Nice staff, quick shuttle. Overall cheap, but ring when the plane lands to avoid waiting in a car park."
"What went wrong? Do not rent from this place! They will charge you more than any other car rental. Try to charge you for damages you are not responsible for. I was charged 3 months later for a Toll that I did pay. It's an amount of 16.20. Strangely enough when I called the Service Number, the girl knew the amount before I explained the charge!!! I never received the official charges from the toll invoice to my email address. Do not ever give this company your credit card!!!"
"Booked a Luton Box Van to be collected 10am 24/10/2018. On arrival I was told the van wasn't available. The guys on the desk didn't really seem too bothered, it was a case of nothing we can do so 'jog on'. I had booked a days holiday which I couldn't get back and haven't had my deposit back either. Would touch these shower of cnuts again...absolute amateurs!!"
"Over the last 10 weeks I used Easirent a few times. I first came into touch with them through Rentalcars.com and then as the vehicle was OK and cheap I used them through their website directly. We first used them at Luton airport - an offsite rental facility reached by a bus using the offsite car-parking for Luton. The office was like the Marie Celeste and checkout took about an hour before we drove away. As others have said there is pressure to take their extra insurance and a very slack checkout procedure for damage. We took copious photgraphs and video and made sure they knew we did. A few days later check-in was fast as they did not appear busy. No issues other than a long time to get the credit card hold of 1250 UKP released - about 10 days. I then used Easirent from Birmingham airport in consecutive weeks. First two rentals were fine - infact one was so cheap as to be stupid - I had a Ford Kuga for 2.83 UKP per day over 4 days. My third attempt at rental with them was an unpleasant experience and although I did get a vehicle, it turns out I was blacklisted! I didn't find this out until at the office to pick up my 4th rental from BHX. Anyway long story shortened; despite me disputing their claim that I was the one that was rude and confrontational and theire being CCTV evidence to back me up I remained blacklisted. Its actually no loss to me I used another company at BHX that was far more reliable and customer friendly. These are modern day cowboys (although run by Indians at BHX) and should you wish to use them - be wary and warned."
"STEER CLEAR I agree with every single bad comment about this company. Booked car hire for 44 pounds. Got to the collection desk and they wanted either 1500 pound deposit (which they said you “should” get back within 10 days or you can phone up) or I could pay 150 on top of the hire for additional insurance and avoid the deposit. So for those who have budgeted to have 1500 pounds wiped off your credit or debit card balance for 10 days plus, you are in effect forced to take the extra insurance. I told them to take me back to Avis and of course, have been informed that i wont get the 44 pounds back due to late cancellation - i think i got off lightly judging by some of the stories. This is a company conning hard working people out of money and excusing it by calling it policy! I hope they disappear very soon"
"A sickening experience. I booked on line through the airline link for 2 days car hire for 4 people at £68.62. When I got home and checked my statement I see the whole thing has cost me £260.43. The insurance is a farce, using AXA then asking for more before you can take the car. Never again. They need shutting down."
"Seriously. Not kidding avoid these clowns like the absolute plague!"
"Avoid at any cost. 0 stars if could. Arrived to drop off the car at Luton airport, no one was there 7:30am. As they held my deposit of £1500 I did not want to leave it just sitting there without being inspected for damage first. I missed my flight for which they refused reimburse. Lengthy paperwork before you hire- most awful experience ever with a car rental. Pay more for a decent company car- this rental ended up the most expensive rental ever. Awful and scam prone company."
"Just have to agree with all other bad comments, nothing changes here, yes the cars are cheap, too cheap in my opinion so they have no other alternative than to get some profit by fleecing you when you pick up the car. Read the terms and conditions carefully, take exactly what they say, make sure you have a credit card not debit card with at least 2K on it, video the car when you pick it up, make sure you include they sales guy as well just incase they say you took the video later, so any damages show, then video again on return, maybe you will come out on top, but these guys are professional fleecers so be careful."
"What a joke. This would have to be the worst company I have every dealt with in my life. We arrived at the time stated and then waited 85 minutes before we got to speak with a rep. They were rude and had an attitude that showed they did not care. They did not have a vehicle we ordered, the one they gave us was empty of fuel and had not been cleaned. When we tried to raised these things with staff, they just shrugged and walked off. The drop off was even worst. They tried to charge me for 2 very small chips of paint on the door. These were less than 3 mm in size. Luckily I have gone over the car with a fine tooth comb and had photos to show they were there when I picked it up. I would never ever use this company and would tell everyone to run like hell from this company"
"Worst car rental experience ever. Had to wait more than 45 minutes in the cold to be picked up from the airport. After, when we got to the pick...they jusyt told us that even if I had already paid for a fully covered insurance with the broker I still need to buy another insurance from them...if not...they will keep 1800 eur deposit from my credit card. Basically...in the end we had to pay for two insurances as they were not accepting brokers insurance. Pretty big bullshit and scam. Will never use again and advise everybody I know not to ever use this lowsy car rental!!! It's just a big waste of money, patience, time and nervs!"
"Don't ever use... Upon picking up the vehicle I was told I was lucky and getting a brand new vehicle so there shouldn't be any problems with the car. When my friend and I started doing the inspection (which was made more difficult by them having just washed the car and not dried it), we found numerous stone chips. Upon returning the car, they tried to claim we had damaged the vehicle by pointing out a chip that was there on collection. Luckily we had checked. Now 22 days after dropping off the car I'm still waiting for my deposit to be returned. Easirent just don't bother to release it, it seems you have to wait for it to lapse which can take 28 - 32 days depending on your card provider."
"Terrible experience. Had to keep calling for an airport pickup to their site. Then waited 45 minutes in a queue to be told it would be another £100 for a pre booked and paid car agreement as I didn't have printed bills for ID. Passport, driving license and credit cards would not suffice! Gave up and got the bus instead!! Waste of time, money and energy!!!"
"This company... Wow! Want to be ripped off... Easirent is the best place! I’ve used this company twice both times they seen me coming! Want something spacious to put your luggage in... book a 5 door golf and get a 2 door smart car! You can always attach your luggage to the roof of the car. Don’t forget that hefty deposit of 1795! Just incase you decide to run off with that smart car! Last but not least don’t forget to take everything about you including but not excluding flight details, utility bills, bank statements, credit card, pets names, previous car you drove, penalty points, what you had for lunch, kids names and the colour of your bedroom curtains! Best bet get yourself a bus pass! Don’t say I didn’t warn you!"
"Rented a transit for 3 day"
"Had no issues with my car rental, yes a £1500 authorization is put on your card and a £95 fuel deposit but both were cancelled/refunded promptly upon the vehicle being returned. All staff in the Aberdeen branch were helpful, I only knocked off a star because the original employee tried a bit too hard to sell the additional insurance/fuel deal but I guess this is where they make their money as the actual rental is so cheap?"
"What a joke of a company. Full of lies, took 45 mins to pick us up from airport, kept saying they were on way, didn’t have enough room for everyone when they arrived. really bad cars which looked like they had never been cleaned or cared for, scratched everywhere. warning light came on half way through trip. Luckily it made it back."
Easirent is rated 1.23 based on 464 reviews