Easirent Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Easirent

How would you rate Easirent?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

255 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Easirent in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"DO NOT HIRE FROM THIS COMPANY! They are fraudulent, thieving and morally bankrupt. They will charge you as much as they can get away with. They charged me almost 4 times what was originally booked! I am in the process of disputing the transactions with my bank. Don't let this happen to you. Here’s what happened: When I made the booking, it didn't quite trigger with me that they wanted a credit card rather than a debit card. I did read the fine print, but even so, it sounded quite normal to require a bank card, drivers licence, passport etc. This had never happened to me before, having successfully hired cars in the UK before with my debit card. But because I didn't have a credit card, they insisted - company policy - that I purchase an additional $0 excess insurance plan called 'RELAX'. So this just about doubled the cost, which I reluctantly paid as I had already paid for the booking. Then when we returned the car, they noticed a really really tiny chip in the windscreen that I had not noticed. They said that the insurance policy did not cover the windscreen, and said that I had to pay 110GBP to replace the windscreen. I refused to pay such an excessive cost for what was an 'act of God' - not in the slightest bit my fault - and an incident that occurred through normal usage of the car. I found it absurd that if it were not covered by the hire company under general wear and tear or maintenance, that it was not even covered under the expensive insurance policy that I purchased. What sort of an insurance policy is that!? In addition, the initial damage checks were conducted in the dark, and in the rain, and could have easily been missed then. So it could have been there the whole time! They deducted the 110GBP from my account in the following days without my consent. And it gets worse. A whole two months after this frustrating experience, they deducted a further 112GBP from my account for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON AT ALL. No contact with me, nothing! This is theft. I've had to cancel my card."
"Really poor customer service, arrived to collect vehicle, signed in completed details and was then informed there was not one available, no offer of an alternative simply advice to try next door or come back next week!!!"
"Collected car Saturday morning to travel to Sussex for an event on Sunday - Had an accident on Saturday evening, impossible to get answers from ANYONE, pushed and pulled around from pillar to post with everyone saying something different. Spent ALL of the event day trying to get answers. Ended up having to stay an extra day as the car was in a dangerous condition and started again on Monday morning - resolved, so we thought and were told that a recovery truck was on it's way to recover the car and get us back to home. Just after 11 am AA arrived to "check the vehicle over" more nonsense ensued until we were told to take the car to the easirent offices in Gatwick and that a replacement car would be issued. NO CHANCE that too was a lie. Rude, and unsymathetic staff took back the car, would not issue another so we were abandoned in Gatwick with a car load of photographic equipment, two dogs and ourselves. THEN they said we could drive our damaged hire car home!!! AA technician was flabbergasted and said it was a death trap. It was the AA guy who sorted another car through Peugeot and Enterprise. WHAT A WEEKEND - an extra night stay in an hotel, missed business meetings on Monday and we eventually got home at just after 5 pm - 24 hours later than we should have. Bunch of baboons and that's being polite!!!"
Gareth Beaumont
Verified Reviewer
"What can be said about Easirent that hasn’t been. If not from them giving you dirty cars, with scratches everywhere, to the rudeness of their staff, who openly slag off their regional manager. Or maybe it’s the none existent customer services, who make being patronising an art form. Or maybe its watching them falsely tell customers that their excess policies by third parties aren’t worth the paper they’re written on. My personal favourite is that they close complaints without dealing with them, and a regional manager Graham promises to call back, then does not and when you chase, you’re advised you’ve misunderstood. A special shout out to Janice and Margaret, who certainly make the customer experience unpleasant. Overall this is by far the worst company, with the poorest and rudest way of fobbing you off, and consistently ensuring they give zero f**ks about you as a customer, in fact will actually by the end of it blame you for the experience. It’s like watching the Chuckle Brothers run a business, it’s that much of a comedy. Go elsewhere, pay the extra as these people will try there best to fleece you!"
"We arrived at Belfast International Airport 10:30pm at night and no shuttle bus was waiting to collect us. We made our own way to the premises to find a closed metal gate at an industrial site in total darkness. We then had to to return to the airport and hire a separate car. Despite calling the company we had no response on the night and have since complained on their website. They refused to accept any blame, stating we should have made our way through the dark industrial estate to find them. They also refused to accept any responsibility for not contacting us. Janice East, Head of Customer Services then sent us a response which gave inaccurate information and shut the complaint case, rendering us unable to reply. Totally unacceptable service from an extremely poor company. Will never use or recommend."
"We booked Easirent as it came up on the easyjet website leading us to believe they were recommended by Easyjet .We had 2 elderly in our party, when we landed we rang to assure we would be collected. After walking to loading bay 7 as advised, we were told 5 minutes until we were collected. We waited for over 45 minutes for a small shuttle bus to finally collect us. During the paperwork we were told you have to add the insurance. They hold a deposit on your credit card of £1250 and give you the money back if nothing happens to the car after two weeks.To avoid this we bought their insurance and ended up paying £115. We dont have credit card limits of £1250 so forced us to accept the smaller insurance option of £115 which is not cheap!The drop off procedure was the same, after handing back the keys, we waited for over 20 minutes for the shuttle bus back to the terminal, throughout this time panicking about missing our flight!An absolutely shocking service & company would never use again."
"You get an incredibly good booking service and a very competitive rate, which lures you in, thinking that this family run business is excellent... and then you get charged for damage you didn't do! I know it's the responsibility of the renter to check for damage at the outset, but a slight bulge in a tyre can't be seen easily, especially in the dark with a pen torch (and with a baby in tow, and with it being minus 3 degrees, this is even harder) - and so the morality of this company is all wrong... and it doesn't cost £250 for a new tyre! I just hope the person before / after our rental didn't also get charged £250, as "immoral profits" can soon rack up for Easirent... looking at Companies House website, it looks like immoral profits are racking up, as turnover increased from £13m in year ended 30 Nov 2015, to £20m for y/e 30 Nov 2016 (with increases in profit too). This is borderline fraud in my view, and will not be recommending to anyway - I caution anyone looking to save money by using Easirent, it is a Cowboy outfit."
Judy Fielding
Verified Reviewer
"They overcharged for rental then reversed charges x 3. still claimed late return and charge an addiitonal day - disputing it through my credit card company as i have a signed return form from them and we had flown home by the time they say the car was returned. They are scammers!!!!!"
"It was supposed to be a very cheap and affordable car rental, but I ended up paying much more. I would recommend not to use this company when hiring a car. I recently had a trip to Edinburgh, rented their car for 3 days. While dropping off, I am 100% sure everything was ok with the car as I did the last check before handing in. I went into their office to complete the drop off procedure and hand in the key. So, I was at the reception and my wife was in the waiting room and this is where I went wrong. One of the staff said he is going to check the car and asked me to stay at the reception. I should have gone with him as when he came back he said there is a cut in the front car tyre. I should have also taken some pictures beforehand to keep it as a proof and this is where I went wrong again. So, now they have taken £250 from my credit card to buy a new tyre. I think this is how they manage to run their company by scamming their customers. Thank you easirent for giving us an unpleasant memory trip to Edinburgh!! P.S I repeat do not hire a car from easirent!"
"Appalling company. No customer service. Do not give your money back. Keep away from them. DO NOT HIRE FROM HERE."
"Untrustworthy will charge you extra, does not make refunds when due, and customer services does not call you back"
Callumj.hyland@hotmail.co.uk
Verified Reviewer
"DO NOT RENT WITH THESE FRAUDSTERS , THAT IS ALL THEY ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER FRAUDSTERS, I WILL DO MY BEST TO IMFORM AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE TO STAY WELL CLEAR OF THESE ROBBING LYING CHEATING SCUMBAGS when i picked the car up on the 17th October 2017 at 8 pm i was told by the guy behind the desk that a deposit of £95 for fuel and a deposit of £350 for the car was needed, i was happy to put down a deposit as this is the norm for rental agreements, i was assured that both the deposits would be refunded 3-5 working days after the car was returned. I had to cut my holiday short due to unforseen circumstances a week early so i handed back the car. I traveled back to australia keeping an eye on the deposits being returned. I phoned head quarters a couple of times because the 3-5 day period had passed, for them to tell me to keep waiting. I phoned again this sunday just passed to be told that the £350 was infact not a deposit but the cost of extra insurance i had taken out. At no point was i offered extra insurance. The guy behind the desk ASSURED me that the £350 was a deposit for the car, i feel i have been robbed, deceived, cheated out of money. Its fraud what that guy had done quickly added on insurance just before i was going to sign stating the extra money i had to pay was a deposit for damages to the car, I had a family memeber with me when i was collecting the car who recalls the conversation. He also couldnt believe that the deposit wouldnt be refunded when i told him what had happened. The guy behind the counter even initialed after i had signed the contract the "insurance" which i had asked not to take out. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE GUYS"
"Absolutely the most unprofessional robbing company i have ever encountered. They were supposed to pick me up at the airport. They would not answer the phone. Left me at the airport for 1.5 hours. Then when they finally picked me up brought me to the business park miles away they kept me waiting a further 1.5 hours while the dealt with a couple who they also screwed around. There computer system couldn't accept the licence produced so they can led there booking and wanted double for a new booking. They also had loads of hidden charges too. Avoid like the plague. A taxi for 3 straight days would of been cheaper"
"Back street RIP OFF merchants.Staff rude when you refuse all the hidden extras.Make all their money by manipulating the situation in their favour so you you have to pay for all the insurances or be stranded in there yard miles from the airport. DISGUSTING"
"Appalling service, huge hidden charges with no justification nor itemisation. Avoid at all costs."
"Very rude, unprofessional and appalling!!! I’m absolutley disgusted with this company as they cancelled my booking before I could even get the car but also took my money! DO NOT USE!!"
Ilona Rijkeboer
Verified Reviewer
"Apart from not getting the booked car and not even a proper car for weather circumstances: What about the 24/7 road assistence? Never have I felt so betrayed by a company. Left abandoned in the snow and freezing cold, with all accommodation options in the near area fully booked or closed, not being able to go anywhere anymore because we had been waiting on help for over 3,5 hours while it was first said we would have to wait for one hour. None of their problem. When road assistence finally came, we phoned Easirent again and they spoke for a while, but we only heard the instructions through the road assistence. Our car was taken and luckily we got the help from two friendly women who saw us freezing outside. We did exactly as told but the next day, when we could finally reach Easirent again, we were told we should have never left the car! It was still our problem and it was going to be even more so, as understood. We did not get a replacement and had to take two trains. Left alone no one ever bothered to ask if we were OK."
Dr Gasan Alabed
Verified Reviewer
"Appalling and unprofessional service and behavior. After my arrival to Manchester airport, tried to contact the company to pick-up my car and to my astonishment they told me there are no cars available even though I booked and paid for the car three weeks in advance. I'm a frequent traveler and dealt with different companies throughout the world however, nothing similar happened to me like with easirent. Stay away from it"
Idiot Renter
Verified Reviewer
"Wham bam scam you man....lying, robbing scammers avoid. Same reply to all bad reviews.."contact customer services'...if only you could..!"
"I got a car from them from Stansted, not realising it's not at the car rental village- and had to call lots of times, and wait in the cold, to be picked up. I had requested the Fiat 500 in the photo when I booked, and although I know its just to show the group it turns out they dont have any - at all. When I book with budget etc they usually get my the car I asked for. Just didnt like the fact that they show it (as the most popular) but dont have it. The chap was really nice- but I didnt understand it. I have a yearly package that covers excess (I would pay, then claim back) and so they actually took 1200 GB pounds from my credit card. Most just block the amount. I realised after returning the car that they had actually taken it twice (over AU$5k) and tried to email - no reply. After 10 days it looks like 1 charge has been refunded, but my card shows over $2k still on my card. I am getting no replies to emails, they told me on their facebook page to submit a message in customer service. I rent cars all the time. I didnt feel comfortable that they took my money - and before returning it actually got it cleaned as I thought they might try to charge the huge amount on their documents about costs. Ive never done that before. It just didnt feel right. The actual man who served me was lovely. My issue is with the company. And now Im waiting for my deposit to be returned- why would it take over 10 days to refund ??"
Easirent is rated 1.24 based on 255 reviews