Easirent Reviews

Easirent have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

5% of reviewers recommend Easirent
05AM
5AM

How would you rate Easirent ?

"They lied and cheated to extract more money from me and others around me with everything from forced (if you want the car) insurance, to finding marks on the car when you return it - which you didn't do. Disgusting."
"Booked Car hire from Belfast International Airport They left me for 2 hours assuring me they were on their way to pick me up They never materialist so i was left with no other option than to book through a different company desk within the airport! Paying the premium for doing so"
"I booked hire car with Easirent via Auto Europe for a weekend in the UK landing into Gatwick. There was a 40 minute wait for the bus transfer to the car hire office which took 20 minutes. On arrival the office was just a dirty room at the back of the Crown Plaza hotel. There was a long queue because they only had three people working there and had run out of cars. I queued for 30 minutes to be told that they had no car for me. This was despite me booking in advance for a car at 10:30 and it was 11:30. I was in a hurry so I had to take an Uber to my appointment then a taxi to my final destination, amounting to £90 and similar in reverse the next day coming back to Gatwick airport for my flight. Auto Europe did not care either and have refused to refund my additional costs. This is the formal reply from Easirent via Auto Europe after 2 months: 'Dear partner, i have looked into the booking as requested unfortunately we do not cover any out of pocket expenses. Regards Chris'm My recommendation to everyone is not to be duped by the cheap prices of Easirent and pay a little more for a bigger name. Don't use Auto Europe either."
"They told me credit card was declined credit card company said it was approved and they cancelled it cost me a lot of money for reduced deposit . I would NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN ."
"basically, they bait and switch you, by offering the lowest rate on expedia (including cheap insurance). I ordered that insurance, but... they don't accept it, and make you pay shiteloads for their insurance (which makes them suddenly the most expensive on expedia. Also, they are stationed miles from airports, so when u get there, you are screwed. (a cunning tactic). Besides that, they scammed my credit card. I'm still chasing them up about it, but they are masters of avoidance. It's just a nightmare. All I can say is... BEWARE. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THAT I DID."
"This is a rip off company. First off they are slightly cheaper but aren't based in Southampton Airport - It takes at least half an hour to be picked and you need to be bussed to an industrial estate a few miles away. You need to put down a £95 fuel deposit, and a further £1250 deposit if you don't take their insurance. This was not made clear while booking with them. The car I was given was tatty and had lots of scratches. I made a point of going round the car with the Easirent guy. I hired the car for just 1 day and I was very careful with it. Like a lot of people here they found a small scratch "that wasn't there before", which I'm pretty certain wasn't true. This cost me £210! I think this companies business model is to rip customers off by claiming their vehicles have been damaged - you only need to look at all these other reviews to see these are not isolated incidents. The daft thing about this business model is they destroy any chance of repeat business, and jeopardise their relationship with companies like Expedia who suggest using them whilst booking flights."
"Cowboys. Bad manners. Customer torture"
"Terrible. What started as a one day hire for @ £35 ended up costing £140 when you add on insurance, and the mileage charge. Basically more than Arnold Clark who I normally go with. Never again."
"i rent a car for 1 day in Dublin on 11 July 2018 it was about 50 euro with full coverage but when i arrived i found out that is not really full coverage and if you want to cover wheels (?) and windows screen you have to pay other money. Also you are charged for 90€ for petrol deposit that will be given you back if you fill the tank when you are back So i did, but i was charged of 11 pound anyway. At the end 1 day costed me 72.31 pound, about 82 euro. if you consider the horrible service and the awful car, you have the idea who is this company."
"Very Poor!"
"I booked a Fiat 500 for £7 for two days, including insurance, thinking: what a bargain! When I was there, after 15 minutes of registration, Easirent: Thank you sir, £80 please. Me: Why is it not £7?!!! Easirent: £80 is for the comprehensive insurance Me: I only want third party insurance then Easirent: £1200 of deposit then Me: This is rediculous Easirent: (the staff literally said this) It is like fishing, £7 is the bait, and once you come here you pay the rest I was smart enough to know that this is a hoax, and decided to lose the £7 and not to lose the £1200 if I had proceed. I then went on to rent from a proper car rental company. Also, when I made the booking on the website, it says: Fiat 500 or similar, when I was there, everything was Korean... KIA, KIA, KIA I am afraid I cannot see any similarities. I have reported them to the consumer council, call 0345 404 0506 to report them if you are in the unfortunate case of being tricked by them. If you do not want to ruin your holiday, run away from this company as fast as you can."
"This company will tell you your card is the wrong colour and that to rectify the situation you need to buy their extra insurance. Their staff and cars are filthy dirty."
"They will find a reason to FORCE you to buy their insurance. If you don't buy it, dont expect to take the car or expect hem to find damage. Disgusting outfit."
"Awful customer service. Do not even think of using this company/franchise."
"Having previously used and not had a problem I Booked a mondeo estate online with easirent last night because I’ve previously rented before I was notified I was eligible for online check into save time. Checked in this morning, shortly after I received a call from the branch to say although I had booked and paid for a car it wasn’t available and it was good I checked in online as it would give them time to prepare another car would a Jaguar same size as the mondeo be ok, I confirmed no extra charge and said it would be fine and would see them later. Arrived at the branch on the collection address(holiday inn) no sign of easirent reception let me know they’ve moved recently so I head down to there new location, After waiting a while well they argue with anoth customer I finally get to the desk give the guy the voucher and he can’t find the booking after a chat with the manager(I’d spoken to earlier when he informed me it would be a Jaguar) the booking is found but there’s a problem my Id check (ok in the morning) has now expired, luckily I’d still bought all the documents with me just incase. The guy at the counter looked upset I’d bought the documents but proceeds to scan them and take £3.59 card payment for Id/credit check which is all good, he then goes on to offer a selection of insurance’s and I remind him I’ve payed for the “Relax 0 excess) again he just looked even more disappointed and then says he needs to preform a higher grade credit check as the cars value exceeds £40k he then makes a brief phone call gives some numbers and then hands me back my driving licence and documents mutters something to the manager and starts whinging head office have just told him to make sure he says please and thank you, he turns back to me and says you can go you’ve failed the higher credit check we can’t let you take the car. The guy then just carried on working on his computer ignoring me. Move over to the manager who’s now available and has heard everything and ask him if I could have another car as it wasn’t me who’d booked the prestige car who advise me they’ve had several damaged or faulty cars and it’s the only car available so I ask him to refund me he was unsure if the process so makes a phone and after the call tells my I’ll get £36 back which was the insurance the hire charge for the car won’t be returned as it’s now a cancellation as I haven’t passed the extra checks for the car I haven’t hired but agrees I passed the checks for the car I had hired they just don’t have it Rang customer services and they said it’s there right to change cars at there discretion and they wouldn’t refund as the had offered an alternative to the originally booked car it my fault I’d taken out there relax 0 excess and if I hadn’t I could have had £1250 blocked on my card for 2 weeks and they don’t carry out the higher credit check just the lower one. I then said I was happy to have the £1250 blocked on my card but was advised it not possible as I had pre payed the insurance Customer services refused to refund me! Had to ring my bank and get them to reverse the card payment for the online booking and £3.59 id/credit check Reading the reviews now it looks like its any trick to get money out of customers"
"Booked an easirent car via rentalcars app. On the surface of it it seemed like I got a good deal but I got absolutely screwed and this is the worst company I have ever used for car hire.. Booked a car 3-7 Sept from Gatwick. The pick up point is miles from the airport and it took us almost one hour to reach plus ukp extra for the bus transfer service. Was charged ukp 50 extra to drop at Heathrow which I thought was included in the original booking. Was forced to take fully loaded insurance because I didn't have a credit card (only had a debit card). My fault got not reading the small print but this has never happened before and other companies accept debit cards. Was charged ukp 90 for fuel upfront. Again never happened before with other companies. Total charges around ukp 450 for a 4 day hire. Feel Completely ripped off. DO NOT use this company !!!"
"I never leave reviews but felt I had to so no1 else gets ripped off. I hired from Glasgow airport. If you don’t take out their insurance, they’ll find a way to get money off you. When I returned the car he said there was damage to the front of car. It was a wee scratch, which I probably missed at first. Had to pay another £270. Ended up paying £474 instead of the £69, absolute con. Customer service was bad, they don’t even acknowledge you when u go in. Wish I had read the reviews before booking."
"I've now been here 2 hours to pick up a prebooked car at 10 am. They are a total shambles of an organisation. Totally unacceptable"
"Arrived from Europe one Sunday afternoon, car booked online from Australia. People at Birmingham took 40 minutes of clicking a keyboard and very little customer interaction to tell us we could not hire the car as the credit card we had had a different name on from the one we booked it with. We could pay with a different card or cash but they did not let us do so. Neither rep seemed to know what he was doing. In the end had to leave and find a different car hire company. Also, toilets were filthy and had no toilet paper. Extremely poor service."
"Car was covered in marks and scratches with a missing fuel cap when I got it, charged me £260 for a tyre when returned the car as it had low pressure. This is something I could have resolved for 50p by putting some air in and they would have been none the wiser. Very tight terms and conditions designed to penalise the customer at every point. Yes they are cheap but they obviously recoup their costs in other unscrupulous ways. Avoid like the plague."
Easirent is rated 1.23 based on 421 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!