Easirent Reviews

6% of reviewers recommend Easirent

How would you rate Easirent ?

"KEEP FAR AWAY FROM THESE DAMN MONEY THIEVES!!! Never made such a bad experience with a rental car company like this. I could write a long bad story, but here the negatives summarized: Long wait times to take the car from the branch office Manchester Airport. This was due to lengthy and insistent negotiations with each client about an additional insurance (1 out of 3 proposals) to reduce own risk. I said, I do not want any insurance, just my maximum risk of GBP 1250. That maximum risk was not just reserved on my credit card, but really booked-off. This deposit amount was not booked-off in GBP but directly in EUR, which is disadvantageous for me (lost EUR 60 for this). I did not get any receipt of the transactions (also a fuel deposit of GBP 95 was booked-off, which I got paid back soon after car return). I would not complain here in this forum, if I would get paid back that deposit of GBP 1250. On car return nothing was checked on the car and no papers were signed. They sent me away. When I was back in Germany I had a lengthy message exchange in their ticket system. This conversation was characterized by fobbing-off and ignorance. In the middle of this conversation they wrote that my deposit refund had been rejected for unknown reasons, of which I was not even informed. Today, after SEVEN WEEKS since the car return I have got my depost of GBP 1250 paid back on my credit card. KEEP FAR AWAY FROM THESE DAMN MONEY THIEVES!!!"
"AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! We had a totally abysmal experience with this company in Southampton. Made us pay extra insurance, made up that we had left a tiny scratch on the car (that was already there) and now going to take our deposit. First of all, I and three other mums with young children were left for around two hours in Southampton airport waiting for our husbands as the guy who drove them to Easirent locked himself out! They all then had to argue that they had already paid insurance. Despite being sure I had paid insurance when prebooking we were charged an extra £124. Today, when we dropped off our car every customer in the waiting area were shaking their heads, looking stressed and one woman was screaming hysterically and crying. Again lots of arguments about whether insurance had been prepaid. One man had returned quickly after hiring his car, to explain that he had found a mark on the car that wasn't noted on his document. No doubt they would have tried to blame this man and con him out of money for it if he had left it back later. They did this to us. They are now holding on to our £100 deposit 😢 Don't go near this company. They are complete crooks!"
"Totally appalling car hire firm. Bandits and cowboys spring to mind - after paying for car hire in full and informing them of my 7hr delay, they demanded I pay an extra 126 pounds because the car I had booked was now not available - they only hold this car for 2hrs max! Conveniently for them the only other car available was an extra 12 pounds per day! Oh really! That's funny. So my 'upgrade' from my originally booked Ford Focus or similar, was a Honda Jazz!! Just to add insult to injury you see! When I made an official complaint, they didn't want to know!"
"Dreadful company. Did not have the car I rented and charged me for damage to a tyre that I did not cause. Avoid at all costs."
"Absolutely disgraceful daylight robbery. They will tell you the insurance is mandatory because you are using xyz card or you are 39 and 3 months or you bite your nails. THey will find a reason to not let you take the car without their expensive insurance. Once you return the car they will find damage all over it that you didnt do. They need to be reported. They are crooks."
"The worst car rental company. They're thieves and would charge your card for damages that never happened to the car. I've rented multiple times before but never had a worse experience. Extremely rude staff, no customer service, they don't care about you and would misuse your card details and deposit. Unfortunately I didn't read a lot of reviews beforehand and paying the price now. GUYS - PLEASE DON'T RENT HERE - YOU'LL REGRET LATER. I was charged £225 for a small scratch on the tyre that existed before I rented the car. Branch Manager (Stansted Airport Branch) - Marius and the Customer Service Team now avoid taking my calls. SCAM COMPANY. Once they have your deposit and card details - you'll be charged a lot more than the rental price. BEWARE AND STAY AWAY FROM EASIRENT."
Namit Sharma
Verified Reviewer
"Rip off, expensive after they lure you in with cheap rental tariff] and jack up the price with excess cover. Just pay more for an avis, it will cost you less."
Martin Reddington
Verified Reviewer
"DO NOT RENT FROM EASIRENT BRISTOL. They will rip you off and charge you for the smallest scratch on a vehicle even if you did not do the damage, if you don't spot it no matter how small they will charge you hundreds of pounds, I got charged £170 for alleged damage to an alloy wheel, a small mark less than 2cm in length because I didn't spot it, even though it was dark . I urge anybody considering using Easirent to think very carefully before you do, they are nothing more than criminals in my book,"
"Rude staff. Claimed we signed paperwork which we didn't. Location too far from airport terminal and wouldn't collect. I could go on but I would be here all day - STAY AWAY - they are gangsters."
"I hired a car from Southampton Airport. However once booked the booking slip said call for a courtesy bus. By the time I arrived at their depot I had been off my flight over an hour. I asked the person at the desk if he could get me processed quickly as I was running very late and he replied "it takes as long as it takes". The car was not what I ordered and had many, many marks and scratches. On returning 24 hours later a new "scratch" 2 cm long was identified which was not even detectable with a finger nail and I now face an excess claim. Knowing that I had only traveled a few miles and the car had been parked at a country house this was either there before or had been deliberately made. In future I will avoid this company at all costs and if they are the only option I will not travel."
"Except the fact, that it was the most expansive credit card disposal I had to spend (1.500€) the fact that we lost our mobile phone at the Manchester Easirent station is much worse. I immediatly called the Easirent staff on 3rd of June from the Manchester airport as soon as we realized we lost our mobile phone there. They found it at the ladies restroom and confirmed they will send it to Germany. After two weeks we still did not receive the mobile phone and I asked whats wrong. Answer was: yes we have the phone but did not know what to do with it. Easirent staff told me it would be best if I order a parcel service from Germany to pick up the phone. Okay so I ordered UPS to pick it up on 22th of June....pickup not successful. Next try 27th of June, no success. Meanwhile no more answers to my mails asking what went wrong with the pick up. Last try 30th June, also no access. So Easirent is not able to help a customer to get back a forgotten mobile device even if the customer organizes the transport from abroad. I now see that mobile phone as stolen by Easirent and have to open a case with the police."
"By far the worst experience I've had with a car rental provider, or in fact with any company at all! We'd booked two cars, a 7-seater and 5-seater for our cricket match that day. Firstly we had to wait the queue for 60 minutes because every customer ahead of us had problems. One was told that his US credit card wasn't valid, until 30 minutes later when they found out that it was. Another person was told that they had to pay extra charges, until about 20 minutes later (after calling the EasiRent solicitor) they found out that they didn't have to pay it. The third customer was told that he wasn't allowed to drive on his international license, until ... you guessed it ... he actually was. The fourth and final customer was being shouted at by his wife because they were now 1.5 hours late due to EasiRent, asking him why he went for the cheapest company. Anyway, it was now our turn and we were naively optimistic. Issue number 1: they didn't actually have a 7-seater, even though we'd booked it about a week before. After speaking to EasiRent head office we were offered x3 5-seater cars. Granted they offered us the third car for free given that we'd paid for two cars. Luckily we had a third person would was able to drive. Issue 2: About 30 minutes after being told that we could have 3 5-seater cars, it turns out that they didn't actually have the third car. By this point we decided to send 3 people on the train and just take 2 of the cars, so we asked them if they could hurry up and give us the two cars. Issue 3: About another 20 minutes later we find out that they actually don't even have a second car available. To make things worse the representative was making jokes for the entire 2hrs+ that we were there, saying things like "the car depot is only 3 miles away", when it wasn't, or saying that I had points on my license when I didn't. Light hearted jokes, but needless to say we weren't in the mood. Anyway, we asked for a full refund, left, and all took the train to our match. We received a full refund a week or so later. I know it's tempting to go for companies like Easirent because they're often cheaper than the alternatives. I've succumb to this many times. However when it risks ruining your holiday/day trip then ask yourself whether it's worth it. I've learned my lesson and definitely won't be using Easirent again. I hope this review helps some people avoid a very frustrating experience."
"Car booked in London London Stansted. Flight was delayed due to the traffic in the air and we were sitting in the plain to take off. When we arrived we were 2 hours delayed from the time we booked the car from. Called them to pick us up and the guy at the reception advised that they had no car for us as we were late and the car was given to someone else. I had no time to argue with the receptionist at that moment as he said already he had no cars so PLEASE be aware of my situation and don't use this company for car reservations as you might finish with no car at 10 o'clock evening with you child already exhausted after delayed journey. Absolutely poor customer service in 2018 when receptionist can check for the delayed flights and wait at least few hours."
"Not a car rental company, simply a gang of bare faced crooks. We had a luck escape. Having waited in line for 45 minutes in their super tacky Gatwick office, we had already seen and heard their well oiled crooked scam machine if full torrid swing. During our wait 3 cars were returned and guess what.... the staff found damage on every one. Yes, every single one! And whilst we waited we watched as their was an issue with every single person renting. Every customer had already paid online for the gold plated all inclusive car insurance, but in every case their was a problem with it that could only be rectified with an additional charge. With customers over a barrel, they invariable conceded and made the additional payment, only for new fees and charges to be piled on top. It was shocking, disgusting and utterly crooked. One customer who had just picked up their car and moved it all of five feet had two staff members shouting that they had hit and damaged a car. They hadn’t. But now the whole crooked machine went into top gear gathering “witness” statements from their crooked staff. In the end when it came out turn we gave up our details and surprise surprise we were hit with a stick off additional costs. We walked away and considered it a lucky escape. If you hire from these crooks you will lose a lot of money. Stay well clear.... and shame on them. Trading standards need to shut these scumbags down."
"This has to be the worst experience ever. I booked the car on the telephone. I went via Uber to pick up the car with my two children. There was a very longline, no AC, no fans. I waited in line with the kids and baggage for about 40 minutes, all of us sweating. There was just 2 agents assisting! When it was finally my turn, I gave all the relevant documents only to be told by the agent that he would be back in a few minutes and vanished. When he came back I asked if my car was ready and which one we would be getting. To my surprise I am told that I had to go downstairs and check as the car I requested may NOT be available and they would give be a downsize car!! WHAT NONSENSE… I booked and paid for a specific car on the telephone and now this? So i go down 3 flights of stairs only to be told there is NO car available. The girl downstairs was rude, unhelpful, uncooperative and arrogant. I don’t care how busy you are, how bad your day is going, IS THAT MY FAULT? Does that give her the right to be rude. She said nothings available and she won’t have anything until later on, no time mentioned, no apology. She mentioned that the website was down so how did I manage to get a car, basically she implied I was lying. I told her I booked the car with Jay on the telephone. I go back upstairs, wait as I want a refund. I telephoned customer service and was just told “SORRY" I had to book an uber and wasted over 2 hours!!! What kind of company do you run? Why do you book cars when you have none? Why are you wasting people’s time? Why do you ask for a deposit of over GBP1000.00? Who is going to pay for the lost time, my ubers? This is pathetic and all get is a SORRY???? I will be doing a review of how unorganized, unprofessional this company is"
"FRAUD FRAUD STDY AWAY!!!! I hired from them 2 cars in the last 3 Weeks, on the first rental they made me rebook car last minute or pay £70 for Insurance which is 400 %higher than the car hire price, and all that because I arrived 30 minutes before pickup.... On my second rental I had a flat tire, they towed my car away and I never got the car back but they charged me for the full amount of the rental and for the damage I’m now taking legal action against them"
John Murdoch
Verified Reviewer
"Absolutely Shocking Scammers Hard selling of insurance 2 hours to collect Vehicle 90 minutes to take back Vehicle not ready £1250 Deposit still not refunded 35 after drop off with car in perfect condition. No reply to complaint emails I am escalating this scamming thieving company to the UK consumer watchdog . Avoid like the PLAGUE"
"Booked a car with Easirent.com as required a car to go away to work for the week and I don’t have a credit card so I searched for car hire with debit card I read through their t&c’s and it said that to make a booking with out a credit card would need to either pay 500 deposit or take out additional insurance for 0 excess so I took this out thinking it was a good deal so I paid £93 for 7 days car hire plus £160 for zero excess insurance total £253 . Arrived to collect the car was a bit late as the address in Manchester is very difficult to find as no signage you have to go into a building and then they are tucked away in a cupboard. They said I had to pass credit check and verification of address they were unable to match my address and didn’t pass credit check when I asked for the details of credit check they refused to give them so breaking the law there. Also when I asked about all the money I paid the manager of the branch (who was dressed in jogging bottoms and jumper) said it would take 1-2 days and I might lose about £30 for 3 days hire. So 3 days later phoned the head office who said that this info was incorrect and I would only get £134 back but she didn’t know when also wouldn’t provide credit check info and when I asked for her name she said this is head office Liverpool I said what’s is your name and she terminated the call mid sentence - disgusting service they stole £140 off of me and I received nothing in return. PLEASE DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE ROBBING INNOCENT PEOPLE OF MONEY also I can’t find a limited company number for them so question whether they are even a legitimate as they make out."
"Avoid at all costs , only interested in saling you there extra insurance ( which costs a lot) and If you don't take it you will have to listen to the threats about how much they are going to charge you for all the damage what going to happen to the car even know you haven't even left there yard or damaged anything!!! ,... The sales man will treat you like something he has stood on because he's not going to make any commission of you !! , Make sure you check the car and if it has been washed wait until it's dry before moving check for every scratch or mark make sure you mark it on paper work and take photos if it's raining I would just cut your losses and leave without the car , in short it's a complete nightmare company to rent from I rent every week for work and this was a once only time spend more money and you won't have all the rubbish to deal with !!!! ."
Easirent is rated 1.26 based on 360 reviews