Easirent Reviews

6% of reviewers recommend Easirent

How would you rate Easirent?

299 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Everything went wrong

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Easirent in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Everything went wrong"
Russell Jones
Verified Reviewer
"I feel one star is being generous, AVOID! We never actually even got to take the car we had booked online due to ridiculous additional costs and addons and requirements. We have rented cars lot's of times and thought £200/300 as a block was standard practice, we was informed we would have to pay a deposit if £1,300 on a credit card - which I'm guessing would have been a nightmare to get back, plus was told we HAD to pay for their daily insurance - even though the online price included insurance. Our car was also not available and was told we would have to pay a small surcharge to change car, this was actually for what I would consider a worse car. Added to this the two forms of address, we did login into our online banking but was told this was not good enough. When we arrived to the "office", this was miles away from all the desks in the airport where all the other companies are and where the they store their cars in the car park one of the two employees were arguing with another customer. We left, went back to the airport paid quite a bit more as it was a there and then scenario but are extremely pleased we did."
"Terrible experience. We had booked a car car from the Aberdeen Airport branch (short shuttle ride away to a nearby hotel, the rental desk is inside the hotel). I already have my own third party excess insurance, so politely denied Easirent's additional insurance. The man at the counter became extremely unpleasant to deal with when I told him I was not interested in buying additional insurance and proceeded to waste over 20 minutes of my time at 10pm trying to very aggressively sell me the insurance, stating that he would be going over the car with a fine tooth comb to look for the smallest of scratches when I returned it, which my third party insurer would not pay out on. He then proceeded to pull out a piece of paper from a drawer, which had a printed list of reasons why we should be Easirent's insurance, which he then referred to and repeated what he'd already told us. After declining the insurance for the fifth time, I told the man to cancel my booking and that I would go and rent a car from another company which I did (even though I had paid in advance to EasiRent). Easirent have not refunded our money. Terrible organisation and terrible way to treat customers. Wish I had read the reviews on trip adviser. 2 out 5 stars on TA is not something to be proud of Easirent."
"Avoid at all costs unless you like your eye wiped! Guy returned his loan car with a small score on a plastic wheel trim and informed us they charged him 175 quid! Prepaid the car hire and arrived at depot within their allocated timeslot, after declining their hard sell insurance, the employee then informed us that the car we prebooked was no longer available but could offer another vehicle at an additional 55 pounds per day! I this point I decided to call it a day and caught the bus. Took complaint up with head office, no interest to investigate and wouldn't refund payment. Absolutely horrendous experience. NEVER again."
Maged Gharib
Verified Reviewer
"They cancelled my booking as I arrive one hour late and pushed to upgrade to take extra money !! Read others reviews carefully !! The car door had a scratch; this was marked at check out. Upon returning the car they tried to charge me for a new door !!!!!!!!!!!! claiming another new scratch. When I refused to pay for a new door, they charged me >£300 for repair (of an old scratch) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . As others wrote They will find one excuse after another to either downgrade your service/car, increase the cost of your rental by forcing insurance or claim you have damaged the car. This seems to be standard practice and they should really be reported to trading standards. Their low rates are a real scam to trick. Hard to believe here we are in 2018 and companies like this are allowed to continue."
"I too wish I had read these reviews before renting a car from Easirent. What a scam! Firstly when I arrived at their Office near Dublin airport it was a one man show. I waited for over 90 minutes just to get served. Then he requested 2 proof of address - as per their terms and conditions I had my drivers licence and passport but they refused to give me a car with a utility bill. Who travels around with a utility bill in their luggage? Luckily after some searching through my emails I found one. I had to pay a deposit of €95 for petrol and despite assurance that it would automatically refunded I am still waiting two weeks later and three phone calls. I would not rent with them again... fraudsters!!!"
"They will find one excuse after another to either downgrade your service/car, increase the cost of your rental by forcing insurance or claim you have damaged the car. This seems to be standard practice and they should really be reported to trading standards. Their low rates are a real scam to trick. Hard to believe here we are in 2018 and companies like this are allowed to continue."
"Absolute RIP OFF COMPANY!! No one should ever rent from this company. 1. I have booked a luton van with tail lift and they gave me a normal van eventhough I have confirmed when booked online! 2. No one mentioned about 150 miles allowance a day! 3. I used van 240 miles as I had to do extra rounds just because they gave me a wrong van and been charged 81 pounds extra on top of van rental which is rediculous!!! Never ever going to use that company again and would also just recommend everyone never go for this company!!!"
"Stay away from Easirent! Unfortunately, I read the bad reviews after booking with them. They refused to give me the car I had reserved because I didn't have with me 2 proofs of address. Even if I ignore the absurdity of this request (no other rental company needs this), their own Terms and Conditions state that only UK citizens need to provide this and I am NOT a UK citizen. Waste of money and time. They had refused to give a car to 3 other clients while I was in their office. We all went to Edinburgh Airport and found reputable companies to rent from."
"Worst car rental company I have dealt with, living in Australia I generally have to rent vehicles in several countries. Avoid this company at all cost, my experience was the heavy sell of extras on pick up,no details of extras or charges to my credit card ( not just holding charge full debits) each time I queried was blatantly lied to. Note they are not a 24hr rental even if you phone as I did to verify same.Still waiting for monies back to my card.Also I rented through airline Ryanair so thought they would be reptable company,my advice read reviews for this company."
"Hired a car at Belfast International, 27/3 to 5/4. Confirmed over the internet but when I arrived to pick up the vehicle, I was told none were available Unless I took out their insurance(I have a separate excess insurance policy as I am a frequent traveler) at an extra £25 per day! I was held over a Barrel as they wouldn't give me a car unless it was with their insurance and said I would be dropped back at the airport terminal. If this had happened I would still be charged for a car that they refused to me as I would be classed as a No show! They are a total rip-off unit."
"It would appear that they have this rental game down pat. Cheapest online, then MASSIVELY over inflated insurance, holds on cards, petrol prices. Rented from two locations this term break, both filthy with complaining customers at both terminals. I heard one sales agent say and i quote, "if you don't purchase this cover you'll be liable for the cost of the replacement vehicle". I should have walked away then. I plan on making it my 2018 goal to spread the word far and wide that this company are by far the worst operators in an already dodgy industry."
"Seriously do not rent off these people. Really surprised that they are allowed to trade. Trading standards, credit card companies, third-party brokers should be investigating this company. Total rip off."
"Believe every bad review, truly didn't know companies still dealt with customers so appallingly these days. Added and paid the Zero excess to car rental rather than leave such a large deposit prior to landing in Dublin. At Dublin held to ransom for over an hour because the premium should have been more according to the reservation agent. Particularly unpleasant man named Gintaus. Eventually as it was going nowhere paid the extra £40 for 2 days cover so I could just get on with the weekend. Rang "Customer Services" and spoke to Liam once back in the UK on the following Tuesday, come Friday no reply so rang in again and it was like the film "Finding Dory" so had to tell him the complaint again. His answer? we cant locate the call recording so we cant do anything!!! Fantastic piece of logic!! In that case obviously there is no complaint and everything's great!! Honestly pay more and go elsewhere, by the time they've stung you it'll end up costing you less anyway."
"Easirent Luton to be avoided at all costs. If you hire a car from this crowd of cowboys you are going to be ripped off with all the hidden charges."
"Hired a car from Easirent Luton a few weeks ago, now i'm paying the cost with all the hidden charges"
"Never use this company. Cheat company! See photos very small damage they count as big damage need replace front bumper, charge me 180+admin Fee 90 GBP, I don't think they will repair or replace it just want your money. They can found those small damages anywhere after you return the car. and a long time to waiting pickup most time let me buy car insurance it more than hire car fee and high excess 1650!!! Nightmare!!!"
"Easirent might be a bit cheaper than other options but they require a plethora of documents and are not at all flexible about this. Although they might be legally required to ask for this (though the reason is not at all clear), they don't take any special circumstance into consideration. This smells a lot like a scam."
Don And Pauline Brown
Verified Reviewer
"We arrived at the height of "The Beast from the East. The staff at Easirent saved our holiday from disaster. We hired a Volvo 4x4 and it was the only car that would have handled the conditions that day. We took the full insurance and it was a very comfortable and reliable car and we felt very safe. Many thanks to the staff at Glasgow Airport. Our fuel refund was in our account when we arrived back. Would recommend Easirent to anyone travelling in Scotland through Glasgow."
"I booked on line from the USA and paid for the insurance too and when I got to the Gatwick location first I waited two hours to get a vehicle and they wouldn't let me leave until I paid again for the insurance as they said I did not have any even though I showed them the paperwork and the amount that I paid on line. Total scam will stick with my other rental company in future, Battling to try and get my money back."
Easirent is rated 1.27 based on 299 reviews