DPD Reviews

DPD have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their prices and refunds. Full Insights

5% of reviewers recommend DPD

Courier, Own Driver
Over a week
customer service

How would you rate DPD ?

"DPD Screw up again with lies regarding my parcel which was attempted to be delivered - TO THE WRONG ADDRESS ! and after chasing this up I eventually found it was not one the van and had never left the depot...Further chasing and it seems that the parcel has now been sent back to sender !!! I tried to follow a complaint through to customer services and after a 35 minute wait to get through just received total indifference to my complaint and said there was nothing that they could do. I asked to be put through to Sinead Crooke but was told that they did not know who she was !! When I told them they said that they could not give me a number and then hung up on me - disgusting and I will never use DPD again or use any supplier who uses them."
"DPD Customer Service must be flat out as you can never get through in less than 40 mins in my experience. Just shows the state of this unreliable and shambolic business. When you do eventually get through you soon realise that they are not there to help you at all. They are absolutely useless and don't even seem to be listening to you judging from how many times you have to repeat yourself. If in frustration you can get through to a supervisor you will soon realise that this 'service' is just rotten to the core. The supervisors are the worst and are very abusive and confrontational....absolute disgrace and DPD are to be avoided !"
"I presume this is a kind of the PDP strategy to deliver parcel during the school drop-off and pick-up times when their customers are highly likely are out of home? Or let me guess, delivery driver is paid for mileage so the do not care about delivery at all?"
"Dreadful Customer Services Department - They seem intent on insulting their customers from beginning to end. Why do they have a department like this when customers can just bang their heads against a brick wall to better effect !! DPD has to be one of the worst and most unreliable hit or miss delivery services ever. Their Customer Services however is even worse than this. I feel sorry for the first line reading their scripts that rarely deal with customers actual issues. However those training and managing this department should be sacked for starters - they are clearly absolutely useless !!"
"I called customer service to find out what happened with my parcel as it hasn't been arriving for two weeks. When I finally got through to someone, I was told they cannot locate the parcel that belongs to me and the order number I've given them (which was given us BY THEM in another country) apparently belongs to someone else?? HOW??? When I asked how can I track my parcel and find out where it is, I was told there is nothing they can do. Not great. Not using the service again, I only wish I would check the reviews before I did!"
"you not only deliver on the wrong day (when a #customer has said they’re not #home) but you leave this mess! #shocking #service #couriers #parcel #not the first time https://t.co/gWSrPUOArg"
"Close your absolutely useless and insulting Customer Services Department - they are just a nightmare from the 40 mins plus standard wait to get through to the absolutely pathetic greeting message by Sinead Crooke - whose idea was that to herald what a bunch of incompetents you all are.....!!!! Absolute Mickey Mouse department and come across as totally cynical with no respect for their customers who FOR NOW keep them in business ! Diabolical !! Unable and unwilling to help customers after what seems to be VERY common unreliable and chaotic 'service' TOTAL NIGHTMARE FROM BEGINNING TO END - AVOID !!! (unless you need to raise your blood pressure and waste hours of your life!!"
"the worst customer service I’ve ever received!! Call up to get assistance and even they were useless!! So angry!! poor service!!"
"please I’m begging people not to use the service called dpd ever again,it’s unreliable and unprofessional. they don’t know how to give good services to client. i’m still waiting to receive my parcel from dpd which I called they more than 4 times since last week till now. this is the 3rd time that this is happening to me .. this service should be Band all over the world... please people don’t Waste time using dpd, go for DHL, UPS, post.nl thes are very reliable, Period! From Den Haag, Nederland. I communicated with dpd through email and phone, some the dpd works are very rude when communicating with they. up till now I have not receive my parcel!"
"DPD couldn't care less whether your parcel is on time, late, lost, damaged as long as you pay. Their Customer Services is the worst ever...rude...disinterested..condescending and confrontational... and as for Sinead Crook - the name says it all !!! AVOID DPD !!"
"Terrible service. Live-tracking monitor provides fake information: 'Consignee not located, notification has been left.' - no notification is left. Their employee is even unable to run the parcel-tracking system, even the parcel number is provided (experience from e-mailing). Unable to speak English. Even speaking by phone, provide false info: 'Your parcel is in the track, you'l receive it today soon' - was not delivered. In total, during 6 days the Live-Tracking system imitates activity, starting from 'Out for delivery' to 'Unfortunately, we could not deliver your parcel' 6 days! and nobody cares. NEVER AGAIN !!! 1 Star is too much."
"My parcel arrived on time!"
"Have not received my parcel which was promised only after 4 days. I had to write to the making it right team all the time to know what's happening exactly. When the parcel finally arrived, I went to pick it up from my collection point. The pick up pasd did not work and it said my parcel has already been picked up! Obviously the parcel was in front of me at the shop everyone could see it has not been picked up. The lady in the shop had to call the dpf office and they demanded me to show utility bills on top of my ID just because the pass did not work and it was clearly their fault. I had to wait 35 minutes to get my parcel because of all of this. I was also late from work because of them, and no one said at least sorry. Really disappointed."
"Appalling customer service! Didn’t even bother knocking on the door before posting the calling card through! Whats worse is i instructed them on my dpd app to either leave it with my neighbours or place it in my garden which they completely ignored?! Rang through to customer service and they adviced me to go pick it up from their Manchester depot at 6pm which is bang in the middle of rush traffic! Once I got there they told me that the parcel has definitely been scanned in but they couldn’t find it and told me to leave?! I asked why can’t they search again and the supervisor said because they aren’t willing to waste human resources as they’re in a rush to get other jobs?! Seriously what kind of horrendous customer service is this??!!!!!"
"The one star is for Dan of Customer Services , who dealt with my complaint with courtesy and efficiency. I received notification of the one hour window, which is good, so was waiting at home for delivery. Then got message plus pic saying delivery been left in safe place. NOT my safe place. NOT my shed /greenhouse but definitely my parcel in pic! Spoke to Dan, who contacted driver who retrieved parcel from where he had left it and I met the said driver on the road. His excuse for leaving it in a completely different address was" I couldn't find 28 Orchard View so I left it at 26 Meadow View" Beggars belief!! I must point out that this parcel contained frozen food, box soggy and disintegrating. Very disappointed."
"Didn’t turn up saw driver go by but stated he couldn’t find address can’t contact them they just don’t answer"
"I have lived in a new build house for 2 years and the ONLY courier that cannot find my address is DPD. On one occasion I was told (after they claimed not to be able to find my address) that the van had broken down nearby, I said I would drive to the van to collect my parcel and was then told infact it hadn’t broken down it was making further deliveries and left the area. A complete lie. I ended up having to cancel the order and go without. Not the first or last time it’s happened with DPD."
"Delivered to a house 0.5 miles away and sent a photo of a box propped against a wall saying they'd delivered successfully! 40 mins on line to useless customer service who said they couldn't do anything about it as they had delivered to the postcode and that was all they needed to do!! How about actually deliver to the address?! Totally unhelpful and unsympathetic. Still waiting for another delivery which they've taken back to depot as said I wasn't in - not surprising as I don't live at that address!!! Have tried to get redelivery by choosing deliver to a neighbour and putting my own address in!"
"For the second time, I couldn't get my package on time. I paid extra money for delivery to a certain day. All day I stayed home, canceling all my meetings, but the package never got it. Information about the change delivery date for delivery I received only late evening. Also, there was a problem of the refund of my money spent on the delivery of delivery that was not performed on time. I am sure that in the future I will not use your company's services and categorically not recommend all my friends and acquaintances."
"Driver came in my house as was taking me to long to get to front door so he just decided to open the door let himself in to check then he got well aggressive when I told him to get the f out couldn't believe it!!"
DPD is rated 1.21 based on 1,177 reviews