DPD UK Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend DPD UK

How would you rate DPD UK?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

641 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about DPD UK in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Absolutely horrific service. Ordered for next day delivery in the end will arrive 4 days later. Manager wouldn't speak to me. No compensation. Lost a lot's of time and money waiting for computer too arrive. Do not use this company! I ordered product on Thursday for next day delivery- waited in all day nothing arrived. Had been put through on the 3 to 5 days by mistake. I paid £5 to upgrade, was promised Saturday- did not arrive, even said I would go pick it up myself from the depot. They would not give me that info, and said there was nothing they could do. I have paid someone to to set up my computer this weekend so I can start a job Monday using it, this is now not possible. They will not even refund me my £5 I spent upgrading for next day delivery (even though it was their mistake). I have lost so much money on this Very Upset! Manager even refused to speak to me, so bad customer service as well. I will be going to the small claims court in an attempt to get my money back."
Maggie Burchett
Verified Reviewer
"Cannot understand why Appliances Direct uses them. They are supposed to collect my old tumble dryer, a service I paid for,. i WA then told I had to wrap it in smooth cardboard or bubble wrap! First driver refused to take it as he only take smaller packages. Second one, I watched pass my home and then pass it on return without calling here!!! He ten reported in in that collection failed due to inadequate packaging which was apparently believed because his coordinates were correct. Of course they were..HE PASSED MY DOOR."
"Completely useless. They will make it as difficult as possible and customer service doesn't care at all."
"Item went lost for 2 weeks , UNABLE to deliver, some issues with the address. Address was fine, I had many item delivered to the same place many times. I purchased from ebay, I did not know who was going to be the carrier. I have an open case on ebay but for now horrible experience."
"EVERY time I order, you mostly have to wait all morning before you even get a time slot. Today I waited until 12pm - So I have a 1730-1830 slot but the guy seems a HOUR behind. Bring back royal mail. this is depressing."
"Very bad service. Ordered next day delivery, website said the driver could not find the address which is impossible cause I get deliveries from them at least once a month. I think they just no longer can handle the market demand. Next time I will opt if any website offers DPD."
"DPD has recently become the worst delivery company ever experienced by me. Their systems does not work or workers decide to ignore what has been requested. Failed to deliver 3 times despite numerous promises by customer services or "make it right" (this is how they call themselves). I can say they cannot do anything right. Asked issue to to be escalated to senior manager 3 times and yet again fallen on deaf ears. Avoid at all cost."
"Worst deliver service . Driver went to the wrong place didn't leave a calling card. I trie for half an hour trying to contact them & it's impossible to speak to a real human . I Never want to deal with DPD THE WORST PARCEL SERVICE !!!"
"Valentine roses from Costco, DPD said 11am-noon delivery. No roses by 2pm so I phoned DPD. They could not reach driver. Tried again3pm. Driver told DPD agent no one was home and he left a card (not true, I was watching the entire time and there is no card). Driver said he would try to re-deliver by 10pm. No one ever showed up. Now DPD tracking says delivered and signed for 11:34am. This is out and out falsification. CEO should be ashamed and resign. Total incompetence."
"Firstly, my six bottles of wine were not delivered to my address in worcestershire in december, : Your CDL London parcel number 15976799054629 Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by JOHN at 16:34 on Sat 02 Dec 2017 No John at my address or any of my nieghbours within a 1000 metre radius, and no sign on any wine so I guess that's gone. Secondly, my motorcyle tyre seems to have gone the same way, signed for by Hazeldean. K at my wife's business address. No one there of that name.No one by that name in a 1000 metre radius. The system is not sufficient. Anyone can sign, ficticious or otherwise, and not necessarily at the correct address. It's not good. There is no accountability. I would expressly request that anyone sending goods to me in future does not use DPD. Extermely poor service."
"Same as previous review, waited in all day (2 x days) for a parcel, only to get an email saying DPD tried to deliver my parcel but no one was in and they left a calling card through my letterbox, which was completely untrue, yes they did try but next door, who has a big sign of the name of their hse who the driver took a photo of, but still never realised!!! Our hse also has quite clearly a house name and a big number on the wall. Then try to get hold of them near on impossible, got a different person every time via email, no calls. The site suggested the delivery would be today so I yet again changed my day to be at home, then without our approval they change the date to tomorrow, and wrote as we requested, lie. Then I found out the reason the parcel has not come out today is because it was overlooked in the depot. now what."
"Waited in all day for a parcel, only to get an email saying DPD tried to deliver my parcel but no one was in and they left a calling card through my letterbox, which was completely untrue. Lying is standard operating procedure for this company, avoid if you can!"
"Dear all, I would advice you to never use this company. Just recently I have posted my belongings to UK. I move a lot, so moving is part of my life, however I have never experience anything like that. I took a risk and packed few things which, I know I shouldn't such as glass items (packet each separately in bubble wrap), all packed in first box which I wrapped in bed sheets and into second box. Of course every single item was broken, every glass, plate, cup. Broken were also other non/glass items, made of plastic. After couple of phone calls and emails, I was told that damage was due to insufficient packing (nobody checked how the boxes were actually packed), after providing pictures. There was also no attempt to evaluate the price but 1 day of pretended investigation with the outcome already decided. My phone number was immediately register to "no adviser" so after first complaint, I wasn't able to connect to talk to anybody but to automatic answering service, Skype works. On the end, after email exchange I was presented with the list of items which DPD dont take responsibility for, which by the way covers everything, including items called "personal" ?!. The box when it arrived looked like it was dropped from the plane and somebody used it as a football."
"I would never expect from a delivery company with a tracking number and tracked details to still your parcel but it still happens. We figured it out how the delivery drivers from DPD does it as it happened to me and my colleagues. They drive to your location they scan they take the parcel from the van, they scan the parcel and then they put it back to the van. Then they sign with your initials/ some initials or your name and the parcel is gone. You make a claim with DPD they make an investigation and they track the driver to your ADDRESS so your claim is lost as they "delivered" and tehy do not take into consideration the fact that you might have cameras around. This is how DPD drivers are stealing your parcel and your nightmare starts."
"hardly write reviews, unless the service is exceptionally good. Unfortunately in this case, the service was exceptionally bad and has left me feeling really angry with the situation. I order food from Prep Perfect, a food company that does great food who uses DPD as the delivery service. I was told on Saturday that I was going to receive a message before 11am on a one hour delivery time slot (the delivery slots is between 8am and 5pm) of when the food will arrive. I NEVER RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE, I waited until 12pm for the message, but still nothing so called up the provider. Apparently my food parcel has been forgotten and that the driver was going to pick it up around 1pm and that I will get a message then. AGAIN, THIS NEVER HAPPENED. By 5pm (the delivery slots are between 8am - 5pm) I call them up again and am told that the parcel is going to arrive within 45 minutes, which is already outside of the promised time slot. AGAIN, THIS NEVER HAPPENED. It is now Sunday and I still haven't received the parcel."
"Consistently failed to deliver on consecutive days. Woeful"
"Waited in all day for a delivery (12 hours), took the day off work as well. They didn't even show up or inform we they weren't coming. They promised the parcel would instead be delivered to a local DPD pick up point and surprise, surprise I hear nothing from them. Absolutely awful customer service!! If I was to act the same in job, I.E not even bother turning up I would be sacked!!"
"Waited for a parcel to be delivery between 13:34-14:34. Tracked the delivery van with the app. I was the next delivery. Received a message saying delivery attempted and an attempted delivery card left. Both not accurate. Tried to contact dpd. No phone number to speak with an agent. Where is my parcel? Should be compensated for the time wasted and the terrible customer experience."
Brent Robertson
Verified Reviewer
"As useless as udders on a bull. All as per 93.41% of reviews already posted. Have spent enough time dealing with these cowboys to type anymore on this review. Hopeless"
"If it would be possible to give 0 - I would have. The company I ordered from told me it would be possible to collect the item on a Saturday from the depot. I travelled 45 mins to the depot where my parcel was. Standing in the rain and only able to talk to someone on an intercom system - the person I spoke to was extremely unhelpful and rude. He told me that there were only 3 staff working in the entire depot (blatant lie) and it would take too long for him to find my package and he essentially couldn't be bothered - because it was Saturday. 30 mins later, again in the soaking rain over an intercom getting essentially no where. Told me couldn't be bothered to find where my package was in the depot - then changed to your item is locked somewhere, and no one in the entire depot has access until Monday. Not one single member of staff can get in. Was told by this delightful person also that the item wasn't even mine by law - even though I had paid for it. Because I hadn't yet signed for it, it was their property. Well - I hoped calling DPD would be more helpful. It wasn't. The first person told me what essentially I already knew - it was all a complete lie. He told me he would contact the depot - then I was cut off. I called again and spoke to a lady who offered to call - was on hold for 5 minutes before telling me she couldn't get through but there was no way I could get this package today - despite being stood outside the depot. I asked if I could pay to get it - or pay to have it delivered on the Sunday which she refused. Essentially - she had got through to the depot and the same person had told her there was no way he would give me my package. I asked to speak to a manager in the office probably between 5-10 times which was met with "why? they aren't gonna tell you any different" before finally speaking to someone who was equally unhelpful I honestly have never encountered such poor service and such a culture of blatant lying and talking to customers like this. The only reason it continues like this is because they know you can't take your custom elsewhere as its the company you order from that is their customer Want my advice? Avoid any company that uses DPD as a courier or you might end up stood outside a depot soaking wet being told your item doesn't legally belong to you and that there are 3 members of staff in the entire building none of whom can help you."
DPD UK is rated 1.21 based on 641 reviews