DPD UK Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend DPD UK

How would you rate DPD UK?

744 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Alfredo Gulisano

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about DPD UK in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Alfredo Gulisano
Verified Reviewer
"Poor service, poor web tracking service and NOBODY to talk to. Not a single phone number with a real person to talk to"
"The worst service from any delivery company ever! The driver advised he could only deliver to the gate even though our door is about 12 steps from there. I was asked to help him carry the goods and when I explained I have problems with my back he replied he did to. Tonight our second delivery from them and they took to the wrong house. On calling I managed to agree collection at the road end and when my husband said this isn't very good the delivery should have been to my house the driver replied sorry pal Monday and drove off with our delivery! Their depot then advised that because our address was wrong they were only doing us a favour by delivering it"
MTL Aldershot Hants
Verified Reviewer
"I am very impressed with DPD I had to send a parcel to my son in Brunei it was collected on the 16th April 2018 and he received it on the 20th April 2018. The tracking device worked brilliantly informed on every stage even down to who signed for it."
"Dumped £400 worth of stuff in my porch and forged my signature. I was at home working in my hut, which has a doorbell, so could have signed for them myself. Never had a good experience with dpd."
"Only bad experiences. Currently I have a parcel which was not delivered because they 'didn't have my full address', which is not true. To make things easier I've changed the delivery address to be one of their pickup places and even though it was scheduled to be delivered today, I got a notification as if I had asked for it to be delivered tomorrow (which I didn't). In my previous address they managed to deliver a parcel to the WRONG BUILDING. I've seen people delivering to the wrong flat, but missing the building is something only DPD can achieve."
"It took 4 attempts to deliver the order. Customer service unreachable and the chat is managed by a BOT. The driver lied saying that nobody was there to collect. It was my company POST ROOM. After months I've placed an order from another business that was using DPD, the package has been sent to a previous pick up address instead of the deliver address specified in the order. Never use their services if you don't want to waste time."
"Lost parcel. customer services dragging heals to giv eback postage money or compensate for lost parcel..."
"Unfortunately there is no way to avoid using this company with many orders. Every single time they come to deliver they make no effort to bring my parcel to me. For example, I order from muscle foods (chicken/lots of different meats) which needs to be put in the fridge/freezer immediately. I waited in for my parcel, only to have my neighbour knock my door and tell me there are 2 boxes on the bottom floor with my name on it (lucky I have a trust worthy neighbour!) Dpd had left my parcel on the bottom floor (I live on the second) and just left. So not only could they not be bothered to bring the parcel up the stairs, they didn't even let me know it was here! I'm so angry, I wish there was a way to never use this awful company again. Every delivery of every kind is messed up one way or another!"
"never again. Shame on you DPD. Took 2 days off for collection and you failed to collect."
"DPD Parcel Enquiry - 15501917790495 I got this message: "Your order will be delivered today by Mathew, your DPD driver, between 14:52 and 15:52" BUT because I am working on afternoon I looked for this courier but when I find him he said can't give me my parcel due to too much parcel in the van. The problem is that I saw there wasn't too much parcel. I did this job two years so absolutely I know that he could give me it if he want. The Costumer service said me that is all right. WHAT? This is a customer-friendly approach. Thank you. I did this job so I know this answer is not acceptable. He can give me the package before between 14:52 - 15:52 if I ask it (mostly that I find him), just he was too lazy. Thank you DPD! Really lovely."
"I wish this went lower than one star. I have had multiple deliveries with DPD over the years. I can honestly say I have never received a delivery before having to call support, or dredge through numbers to find that of their warehouse, usually after they tell me my order is cancelled or due Monday (on a Saturday delivery) or that I wasn't in (They couldn't find my house). I recently ordered a product from Currys. I went in to collect it on the specified day. It wasn't there... I casually asked what company they use for deliveries and was no at all surprised when they said DPD. Turns out DPD had a "processing error" slowing all deliveries that day, an excuse I've heard over the phone for two home deliveries. I don't hate many things, but I HATE DPD. I really do. They are unreliable, they lie about your delivery in support, they consistently deliver outside of the specified time window or DAY, the drivers will drive past your house and just tick you off as "not home". They are horrific!"
"Worse courier ever. If they manage not to lose your parcel they'll deliver it to a completely different shop. Rest assured though, call hold times are only about an hour."
"As previous reviews have stated, DPD are horrendous and shambolic who lie through their teeth in order to cover their backs. My parcel was due to arrive 16/04/2018, i was not at home, no calling card left and the parcel was returned to sender without my permission. When i contacted DPD they told me the sender had requested the parcel to be sent back to them, however when i contacted the sender myself they had no knowledge of DPD ever contacting them whatsover so this is a blatant LIE!!!! This lying company is a total shambles, avoid like the plague!"
"PLEASE DO NOT USE DPD. I have been waiting for delivery of the parcel over a week ago. Most of my DPD delivery were simply disaster. DPD has now decided to return the parcel to sender after a few "failed" delivery attempts. I have never received any e-mail from them, although I am registers with their App.. I used DPD app and selected re: delivery to local DPD (Newsagent) pick up shop. The address was suggested on the APP. DPD driver wrote that he "could not find" address? that parcel was "too big" for delivery. ( about 6kg ), box -medium in size. That no one was there to "sign for" at 10am . Newsagent is ope from 7am-7pm. I have managed to contact three of DPD staff via e-mail and phone. Not a one has bothered to help me. They said the parcel is going back to sender now. I pleaded with warehouse twice so far NOT TO USE DPD."
Zsofia Koszegi-Nagy
Unverified Reviewer
"My parcel worth 100 EUR was posted last Tuesday from Germany to the UK only to be delivered to the sender the next day due to DPD's own mistake. Then the sender tried re-posting the parcel when DPD promised they will do everything to post it via express delivery. This did not happen, but they posted it with DPD Classic again instead. But as it turned out 'posted' means something different for DPD, as the parcel was sitting in the same DPD shop for 2 days, when it was finally put on a truck. Then it was in the next city for another day. Afterwards - according to the tracking information - it was dispatched on another truck heading for the UK... this was 3 days ago, since then - according to the tracking - it is still on the possibly non-existent truck. I called the international DPD number in Birmingham only to be told they cannot see the parcel in their system at all (so much for 'international'), so I should ask the sender to call their German counterpart, which he did - only to be told that as far as they can see the parcel is being transported to the UK now. They did not care about the fact that it has been 3 days already on the truck, but they told to get a hold of the British office... so this is a vicious circle, as they keep pointing fingers at each other meanwhile NOBODY gives a damn about the fact that your parcel is still missing after 6 DAYS, even if you used a service that promises delivery within 2 DAYS. I guess admitting that my parcel was lost in their bloody system is something they will not do. So 100 EUR is out of my pocket and they don't even care about their customers enough to report their own mistake or try to compensate. If you have some money to burn or enjoy calling people who don't care about you, your problem or your parcel, don't hesitate to use their service. Otherwise I suggest steering clear of this disgusting company."
Charlotte Collins
Verified Reviewer
"I was due a delivery on Friday- my daughter waited in. No attempt was made to deliver- driver said he'd been and left a card- total rubbish and proved to be so. I paid for Saturday delivery, nothing. I was promised delivery on Sunday - nothing. Delivery promised again today, still nothing and no response from Customer Service who I have emailed twice. Utterly incapable of making a delivery on time or at all or doing anything to resolve issues."
"If I could give dpd no stars I would. They are the most inept, shambolic excuse of a company. Avoid at all costs."
"DOPD told me that they have stolen my parcel but then keep insisting they have found it and going to deliver. Its been 2 weeks and 8 times they have stated they are going to deliver it - only for me to stay in and it doesn't arrive. They are useless at handling complaints and do nothing but give you a flimsy apology -no one is taking any action to get it sorted. Don't use dpd."
"Absolute awful service, my parcels for next day delivery have not been delivered on several occasions and had to travel an hour to pick them up from the depot the, next day,to find that they wernt there after being told they would be and that they were out for re delivery and yet were not delivered until the following day. After contacting customer services several times they admitted that the delivery drive had not bothered to attempt to deliver as there was no photo of the house which they are required to take or a slip though the door."
Scott Lafferty
Verified Reviewer
"It has been a reassuringly long amount of time since I have dealt with brainlessness and ineptitude on the scale that DPD have displayed. If you order anything and see that they are using DPD, cancel the order. Honestly. Cancel it. Life is just too short. When you try to talk to them about trying to retrieve a package from the nether-world that is one of their depots, you realise you are talking to someone whose spinal cord doesn’t quite touch their brain."
DPD UK is rated 1.21 based on 744 reviews