DPD UK Reviews

DPD UK have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their prices and refunds. Full Insights

5% of reviewers recommend DPD UK
Courier, Own Driver

How would you rate DPD UK ?

"Hi, I would give zero stars if possible. Promised delivery on Friday afternoon, waited in all afternoon, no delivery, no contact. Strangely we were delivery number 91, and the driver didn't bother to contact us when he "couldn't find the address". Contacted customer services, driver had finished for the day at 4.30, no reply at depot. Promised next day delivery for yesterday, Monday, as no weekend delivery. Again no delivery, no email, no phone call. Contacted customer services again after another VERY long wait on the phone. Told item was back at depot "awaiting instructions". WHY?? Requested to speak to manager and was promised call first thing this morning. This did not happen. Rang DPD again, promised manager call back within 2 hours. This did not happen. Emailed them, no response. Contacted the retailer to tell them of saga. They emailed DPD and asked manager to ring me within an hour. Guess what? This did not happen. The DPD advisor told me that item will be delivered tomorrow. No idea of time, or whether to believe them. Have lost all faith in anything they say, but need the item urgently. Beyond frustrated at their utter lack of customer service."
"The courier did not deliver because he went to the wrong address because he could not see the difference between 112 and 120. DPD, you employ idiots"
"The site needs a big upgrade customer service is none. The driver didnt even knock i watched him out window and couldn't believe he just drove off. Theres no way to speak to someone on the app"
"Worst service I have ever recieved!! Avoid!!"
"Despite having been to the address earlier this year, delivery was delayed twice due to the driver being “unable to find the property”. Poor service, lack of communication, unreliable and unfriendly."
"Apalling service. Paid for next day delivery on Monday, on Wednesday driver got to our road gate and decided there was no one in, Arranged safe place to leave parcel online received email from DPD promising delivery on Thursday. Parcel then sent to depot 200 miles away. Finally delivered on the following Monday but not to safe place nominated instead left in box by road. My advice reat DPD as the delivery service of last resort."
"We had a delivery of 3 boxes which the DPD delivery guy left at the front door of our apartment building. He rang in to tell us that he needs help bringing them up which was fine, however when my husband went downstairs - DPD got him to sign and said later..and headed out. He claimed it was 'front door' service only which is ridiculous. We've ordered bulk items from other delivery companies that have given us front door service which is literally our front door. Had my husband not been home, I would've been stuck with 3 boxes outside my apartment building and no way of taking them upstairs because of my pregnancy."
"Absolute shower of s**t company. Paid for next day delivery and it didn't turn up. When I queried why (having been on hold in a queue for the best part of an hour) I was told it was because they had "issues" at the depot. Well thanks for letting me know and wasting a day off work sitting at home. Refused refund."
"Best delivery updates. Best delivery on time success rate"
"Lost my bag Bad service"
"Such a useless courier company with terrible customer service, I've had issues with them several times now. Today's case included giving me conflicting information, changing the date at very short notice and not following simple instructions. I then received zero help from their customer service (who gave me the same bit of information twice even though I already explained that it didn't solve my query) and then she ended the web chat without giving me any help at all. I asked to be able to speak to a person to solve my query and the curt response I received was 'No' I don't know why good companies use them as couriers to be honest, the general themes of these reviews are all awful!"
"Waited in for my slot and ‘Ryan’ didn’t turn up, then had a text saying they tried to deliver, definitely didn’t. Just couldn’t be bothered I expect. Shameful!"
"Have a delivery once a month. Always get a text with time of arrival and they are always on time. Drivers are very courteous and their customer service skills are fantastic. Keep up the good work"
"Failed to deliver my parcel and they were unable to track where it was. Eventually they had to notify the supplier that they had lost it. Virtually no customer service, no response to phone calls and live chat line that was manned by individuals who appeared to have no access to any useful information."
"NOT RECOMMENDED! Ordered something a month ago and my parcel should have been delivered about 1 week after I placed the order. Through their app I requested the parcel to be delivered to a local shop but this has not been done. I tryed to track the partcel, but parcel number not recognised. Went to depot to find out that my parcel was delivered at another address and that someone has signed for it. Basically, I ended up with no parcel, money taken and no refund. Shame!"
"Twice they came with 2 different parcels, saying that didn't have contact information and couldn't deliver the package. Twice I haven't been delivered the item to my location on the day it was meant to be. Now I have to go again to pick it up from somewhere else"
"No attempt to deliver to correct address, left somewhere else and could not provide address for me to locate. Luckily person came to my address, they could not understand why left there as plenty of near neighbours. To illustrate further the poor effort, I was in waiting for delivery as it was notified online as in half an hour. Then notification that delivered! There were instructions on box where to leave it if out - but that only works if taken to correct address! Sloppy and unprofessional experience. Box damaged as well, some contents missing."
"'Lost' my XBOX Console. Impossible, had 2 labels on it. Didn't even apologise or email when promised. I had to do all the chasing. I hope whichever of their employees at the Smethwick depot stole it, enjoys it."
"Stayed in yet again for a delivery that did not arrive because the driver could not find my location. We have deliverys from various couriers everyday and they have no problems finding us. DPD are a joke, I suspect my parcel just got bumped because the driver Dean was running late and just couldn't be bothered. Of all the courier companies we use DPD is by far the most unreliable and if you try to contact a real person you just end up on hold indefinitely. Its like trying to work with the Muppet Show."
"Should have had my parcel today, instead a text AT 3.15pm to say that it won't be here until Wednesday. No explanation. No regard for the fact that I waited in all day. I will never deal with a firm again that uses dpd and I will post why I won't."
DPD UK is rated 1.21 based on 974 reviews