DPD Reviews

2PM

Roebuck Lane, - United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how DPD made you happy

Over a week
customer service
"Despite the sender passing on delivery instructions to these Muppets and my confirmation with the local depot by phone that they had the instructions- they didn't bother to tell the driver. They also refused to return and deliver to the specified neighbour so now i have to go and collect it from the depot myself as its needed urgently- TOTAL SHAMBLES!"
Are you DPD? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Dreadful - My place of work stopped using DPD due to their lack of reliability however when I needed a collection made in Belfast for a pre 12 delivery next day in Newry and they were the only courier offering the service so I thought I would give them another chance. BIG MISTAKE - delivery deadline is now 35 minutes away, We are paying an engineer who is awaiting the delivery to get on with his job and I have just been told the parcel is in Athlone !!! It would have been cheaper for me to drive to Belfast to collect the parcel myself. Very pleasant staff....Rubbish Delivery Service"
"WORST SERVICE POSSIBLE...not just once! I had a parcel delivered with this company weeks ago. The driver said nobody was home, which was a lie cause I was at home the entire day. When I complained about it and they sent him again the next day, the driver entered my house being rude saying that he was not lying that nobody was in the house etc... unbelievable. Now today another driver was due to deliver a parcel to my house. The parcel never arrived and after several calls I found out the driver went to a different address, gave the parcel to a different recipient, who refuse the parcel. obviously. On the second call today to DPD, they said they would reach the driver and have him deliver my parcel today. Soon after I received an email stating "as requested, your parcel has been rescheduled for tomorrow"...as requested? Not only I did not request such thing, I even told them that tomorrow nobody can be in the house. This people do not understand that we skip work, we are on a non-paid day just to receive a parcel...to end up having people driving to wrong addresses cause they simply do not pay any attention nor they care about being professional. It's outrageous! DPD sent me an email saying that unfortunately they cannot reach out the driver cause he does not pick up and that's why they will have to reschedule to tomorrow. EXCUSE ME, BUT NO. It is your responsibility to reach out your drivers, more so when they make huge mistakes like delivering a parcel to the wrong address and recipient. This is just not acceptable..."
"Don't use them if I could give them zero stars I would Total joke, failed to deliver my parcel twice, customer service response to every suggestion how to sort it was we can't do that , not one single positive response to find a way to deliver it. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A PARCEL DELIVERY SERVICE!!!! Customer service automated system sends you round in circles till it hangs up"
"Delivery was quite rushed. Main point for customers to be aware of calling DPD. There are lots of phone numbers with high call charges."
"DPD is a big joke! I sent my item for repair to a 3rd party using DPD and then the item has been fixed and returned to DPD 5days ago and due to total lack of coordination in their processes they have just kept my item in their depot. Each day I call and I get a different excuse of why it hasn't left the depot, and todays reason is my name is not on the item. How is that possible when you have been speaking with me regarding this same item. They need to revisit their supply chain system and go back to the drawing board, they need to read up on the term Just-In-TIme (JIT). DPD you have failed woefully and are useless. I would actually no longer patronise any company that uses you as their delivery agent."
"As a lot of these reviews say - ordered next day delivery and it didn’t come are we shocked! But not only that they lost my £800+ parcel and couldn’t give me a valid explanation as to why or where it had gone, now over 5 days since when it was meant to be delivered and it is still not here. The only positive is their helpful customer service team who were very apologetic, however good customer service doesn’t excuse how poor this company’s service is. DPD is a parcel delivery service so how are they incapable f delivering a parcel ?"
"Paid for next day delivery. Its been 4 days now! Called up dpd and they said that they had delivered it to a neighbour but when i asked my neighbour, they said that they havnt received my package. So now ive had to report it as stolen/ lost. In the past ive had bad experience where they’ve delivered my parcel to the wrong address on numerous occasions and when ive arranged a pick up from the local depot, i only received my parcel after 2 hours of commotion between the staff. The whole company is a mess, FIX UP UR ACT!!!!"
"Absolutely incapable, failed to deliver and now they keep delaying, we're now at 5 DAYS of delay. Customer service useless. Congratulations to Vodafone for having chosen them."
"Beware of Reading Depot Beware of Reading Depot, you have been warned. If your parcel is routed via the Reading depot for delivery to you, and you receive a one hour time slot, don’t expect to get your delivery. My last two ‘Next Day’ parcels took 3 days and 2 days to arrive. On both occasions I had a one hour time slot, the parcels did not arrive when programmed, and DPD website stated ‘ No one on to sign and card left with a card number’, This is absolute LIES, as I have video evidence that no DPD driver visited my house. I have emailed Ms Sinead Croke, Director of Customer Experience, who was too busy to deal with this mater and passed me to her Executive Office. After many many emails with the Executive Office and conversations with Reading Depot ‘Quality Manager’ the same thing happened on my next delivery. No one involved with the Reading Depot cares about Customer Satisfaction. My advice if buying on line is to avoid delivery’s by DPD. I shall be asking my suppliers not to send any items by this company. DPD offer no compensation for late delivery, When you have payed premium for next day. As others have mentioned, Ms Croke, in a recorded message, asks you to be polite to customer services, but I can now understand why some customers are frustrated with their DPD experiences. Save yourself from aggregation and DON’T USE DPD via Reading Depot."
"I would also say deserve a zero. Supposed to deliver yesterday 14.55 to 15.55 waited til 21:00 when it was updated to today - Supposed to be 10.55 - 11.55, came at 12.30 took a picture of the front door and it seems will only try one neighbour. I have tried to complain AI contact that is useless asked to speak to a human and the number just tells you the options you have again and again. What amazing service again and again to much tech too little customer service - USELESS"
"The only thing they deliver is excuses. Plus if you’re lucky enough to have your parcel delivered on time, it will arrive like it’s been run over by a train. Also, good luck getting in contact with them."
"If I could leave a 0* Review I would. I was in and waiting for the delivery. I get a text saying no one is in and parcel could not be delivered. I click the link to see a picture of another house. Clearly driver had gone to the wrong house. I then see the driver coming back down the village so I stop him and ask if hes just tried to deliver a parcel to me and I tell him my name and address. He says yes but even though I try to explain hes at the wrong house he just points to his Sat Nav and says he has to go where the address tell him. Even though I'm in a signwritten van matching the parcel he drives off leaving me a 70 mile round trip to go pick up the parcel tonight so i can keep my customers happy. Absolutely no way to get through to a human being at DPD to try and get it sorted, I cant even find out when the parcel will be available to pick up. Shocking service, shocking company. Everytime I see a delivery from DPD I expect the worst but this time it was even worse than usual. THE WORST DELIVERY COMPANY OUT THERE!"
"Sh*t service, sh*t app. The app cant even detect my parcel....it says no activity. They send you an email with parcel id, offer you options but they dont keep them up. When talking to the operators they tell you your parcel never left depot and its not elegible for the options i somehow managed to select. So now I'm virtually phoneless (the parcel) , i lost half a day of work to make space for the store pick-up btw confirmed by email and according to the advisor no other options were there for me other than taking another day off since depot closes afterhours. Awful service! Shame on Vodafone using them them."
"DPD says 'not at home' while i was at home whole day. Next day, they day 'address not found'. What is strange is that DPP says this for EACH (100%) delivery. I do not experience this issue with other shipment companies (DHL, POST, GLS, ..) I will now avoid buying on web sites that ship with DPD."
"Sent a parcel that was meant to arrive in 3 days. After 2 weeks of delays, they send the parcel back to me! During which i couldn't even contact them! They didn't even have a real call center."
"I would like to share a recent experience of your team member at DPD Customer Services (by recent I mean today about 5 mins ago). I have called to enquire about my parcel delivery, after 15-20 mins on hold trying to get through to a human being – and pretty “annoying” message from yourself saying about treating your staff politely and not abusing them. Well how can you assume everyone is abusive is beyond me and recording that type of a message pretty offensive to all other customers, that are not abusive! Never the less, I got through to someone who has been speaking in a manner, where I could not understand the word. Not because of their accent, but because he decided to recite in such fast manner, you could not get a word out of what he was saying. After I asked him twice to slow down, so I can understand what he was saying he continued to being all funny about it. He asked me for a parcel number, which I have given him but suddenly now he told me I am speaking too fast. Well he clearly couldn’t take his own doing, so he decided to tell me he won’t be speaking to me and hanged up! Unacceptable behaviour. I cannot give you his name even, as clearly I would not catch it in the manner he spoke to me. Attempt number two. Somehow I got through to customer services after about 3 mins this time, but have been put from one advisor to another – 3 times now! Yet no one is able to tell me where my parcel is. I am being put between imports, exports, local deliveries. Does anyone in DPD actually know what they are doing? Final advisor told me my parcel is still in Netherlands – why am I receiving messages from yourselves to advise it was du to be delivered to me today on 3rd of May after 12pm? I was now told over the phone that because parcel is coming from abroad, you cannot guarantee delivery and now to probably expect Tues /Wed! That is two weeks nearly since it was first dispatched! Firstly you are giving customers wrong information, why am I even wasting my time calling DPD trying to locate a parcel that was expected today – due to your own information system – sending me text message and same message online. Secondly why is DPD a one global company not got any decent communication system in place, and just ends up blaming the other DPD for all that has gone wrong, and won’t accept a liability (isn’t DPD UK, DPD Germany, DPD Poland etc etc same brand after all??) This company is nothing but stress and hassle. Each time I use DPD my parcels come late, not in time that is provided on the website, at times they got completely damaged, I get rude customer advisors over the phone, paying a lot of money for service that doesn’t get delivered yet you won’t accept any complaints nor financial responsibility. It’s disgusting, your company doesn’t represent any values . Quote taken from your website – “In addition, our team of people has the technology and information systems to provide a seamless service for you and your customers.” At which stage was my service seamless? It was never ever seamless! Nowhere online I can even find company values or customer promise, clearly because you would not be able to deliver on that promise (as per short above statement). Maybe it is actually time to invest in better infrastructure, stop over promising on services you can’t deliver, plan better and employ better people with actual standards and work ethic and telephone etiquette, rather than rude and clearly unhappy people."
"Have used them three times. All three times I had to redirect the parcel to a pick up location as I wasn't home during the delivery slot they provided me with. All three times they failed to deliver my parcel to the pick up shop, and instead of giving me an alternative they sent the parcel back to the sender. When I contacted their customer service they told me that there was nothing they could do and that I should contact the sender! This has happened 3 consecutive times! They are clearly incompetent. I never plan to use their service again, and I would advise you to do the same."
"I tried repeatedly to request my delivery was left in a safe place. There was an error message that it was not possible to update, so i tried the webchat, which directed me to the same form. The driver had not received my request and it has not been possible to arrange delivery to the safe place. the webchat is a robot, which is not able to answer questions. Very frustrating trying to resolve problems with this company."
"If I could give zero stars I would. Terrible service, the doorbell was never rang. We receive dog food through them which is especially important to be received hand in hand and in good condition. We always take care to stay in and receive it and we still fail as they never ring the bell. We left multiple notes on our file to always ring the bell. No luck. If that wasn’t enough- on multiple occasions the boxes were left barely intact, falling apart, open. Terrible service I’m not sure how they can even be in this line of business."
DPD is rated 1.20 based on 1,720 reviews