DPD UK Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend DPD UK

How would you rate DPD UK ?

"Delivery time advised after I’d paid for next day delivery. I then got a text saying I’d changed delivery day, which I hadn’t. Finally got through on phone after 20 minutes to be told definite delivery in afternoon. No chance, and blatantly lied to, so next day advised 4.21 to 5.21 delivery. Finally arrived at 7.46. Appalling service and this has been fed back to Amazon. Delivery driver very polite and I hazard he’d been called in late on or I would still be waiting. I send out parcels but would never use these incompetents."
Unverified Reviewer
"I got text about delivery time coming. I was ready to collect. No delivery man, no parcel, no delivery notification. Just informed my by text - Your parcel was refused. Thank you DPD"
"I paid for a specific DPD delivery slot and waited in for delivery. The parcel did not during eth time slot so I stayed an extra hour waiting for delivery. The parcel was still not delivered. I later received an email notification stating that DPD had tried to deliver the parcel during the time slot and I was not in. This is patently untrue. Fortunately have proof I was home. Am extremely unhappy to have paid for specific delivery and had them not turn up. And lie about it. Have demanded a refund. Would not recommend at all."
"DPD is very bad, probably the worst service company I have ever known. The low quality of service forces me to cancel purchase as soon as I see this is the only delivery method. Lost of time, and money with this company. I hope sellers can avoid them if possible. It seems their delivery model involves sending message that no one was available so a receiver will have to make your way to their depot. In the past the delivery person very rarely made their way to my door (perhaps 1 in 10). On some occasions the package has been lost altogether."
James Frederick
Unverified Reviewer
"I could not imagine worse service from a delivery company My advice is not to use this company to deliver your items . If you do and have a problem the chances of getting any useful help is virtually non existent. Simply read the many many many negative reviews on this site and others and you will see how appalling their service is and how frustrated and badly treated paying customers have felt . They crushed three boxes of mine in one delivery and damaged the contents beyond repair. As said they simply do not care and I shall be writing a negative review every day ."
"I'll start this by saying a never review services good or bad! However I have now had three items deliverer by DPD over the past couple of months and each time have found the service fantastic! Each time I have chosen a 1h slot which the delivery driver has always honored, one time I asked for the parcel to be left in a safe place and this happened in the given 1h delivery slot. My most recent delivery was even made on a Sunday which not many other delivery services provide. The app is also really good for tracking your delivery throughout the day. Maybe I just have a good driver in my local area but overall I have been very impressed with DPD thus far and have had poor experiences with both Royal Mail and Yodel. I haven't used their service to post anthing yet so could not comment on this!"
"Another "DO NOT USE DPD" review If using DPD can be avoided, DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO AVOID THEM!!! just buy what you need at the high street. I was guaranteed today's delivery for a phone i need for work tomorrow. Instead I received an email saying "Thank you for your request to change your delivery date" ?!?! ## THIS WAS JUST THE BEGINNING!!! ## Phoned customer services only to be fed a lie. I caught them out on the lie as I was speaking to them, so they put me on hold again and came back to me with another lie about what happened, followed by yet another lie that the parcel will be delivered in the late afternoon/evening today. At almost 8pm, with still no show or update of any kind, I called them again (drum roll please....) This time I was answered by someone who was a lot more honest, but pretty much told me "well,... you were misinformed....I'd be annoyed too if that happened to me". At which point I'm now thinking "Yeaahhh.... and what are we gong to do about it?!" So I asked for the details of the local depot (Feltham) who were supposed to deliver the parcel and was told "ok I'll get the address for you....." before the phone cut off. Hmmmm..... (I bet you're frustrated just by reading this) And all of this is before I even begin to explain how this has resulted in me now going to do a late airport pick up and then a 4am start the next day (without the phone i needed for work, so lets see how much s@!t i get in because of that now) without the sleep I should have been getting right now. If you have the choice, PLEASE avoid them!!! If a retailer uses them, request a different courier from the retailer. I'm a strong believer in letting go of mistakes, because they do happen. But this extremely insulting follow-up is unacceptable to say the least and only reflects what a lot of other reviews are saying.... this company is laughable at best. And this matter will be escalated in any way possible."
Annoyed Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"You idiots lost the parcel and we waited 2 hours and more.It was a 32” TV=Ginourmus and you lost it.How can you find a t-shirt and you can’t find a 32” TV you guys are absolute idiots. People who actually think that you are a good company must not be feeling well. I hope they get better. Your slogan is your delivery experts but it is more like “your delivery idiot never request our delivery because some of are drivers crash into cars and drive off and also one person stole a puppy while helping in a house.”"
"I wish there was a rating below this possible: Total Nightmare On 20th May, I learned that my sender chose dpd to send my parcel wa worth £120. I was overjoyed because I had seen dpd adverts on TV and believed their adverst blindly that I need not worry about my parcel and it will indeed reach me safe and sound. But didn't in the wildest of my dreams had an idea of whats in store: It was supposed to reach Southampton and later I got redirected o Reading(my home address) . FInal outcome- I lost more than half of it as it was it apparently delivered in Southampton to I dunno who. TIll date I have no text/email about it whatsoever. So much for crying out loud all over media. I came to know about it after 5 days it was delivered. That too when calling for 2 days incessantly. After about 5 days(5th June) I called agin only to find out that another delivery was made at Reading (I dunno when and where) and nobody was in! How in the world would I know that its going to be delivered when they don't give the slightest hint about it!! The rest of 40ish quid worth was left to reach me. I tell you that that it had a birthday cake which was already 10 days old now and was of no use to me. This whole order was supposed to be a birthday surprise for my husband which was sc****d beyond repair by whole DPD staff and their systems. When asked, DPD shrugged everything and gave out a lame excuse that the systems were not working, so they could not notify me of all the earlier deliveries.......incredulous........ I alone suffered the whole mental trauma and monetary loss. DPD TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY TO COMPENSATE ME FOR THIS MESS_UP. All of my money wasted. I m very upset and had been on my toes waiting throughout those 15 days for that lost parcel.But nobody thought that I deserved a single small note about all this as a customer . I can't explain ever how much agony this whole case caused me. No amount of media adverts is going to help if this is how DPD works."
"They are totally rubbish. Nobody told me I had to be at home for my delivery. It is meds and normally they just put through letterbox. so now I have nothing delivered. the driver refuses to return saying he is out of the area but dpd only texted me 5 mins ago. What a load of lies. I paid for next day delivery and obviously the driver couldn't wait to get home. I am a patient waiting for my meds and they could have called me to say when they were delivering as I would have been there. Now I have nothing - shame on you."
K R Barneskevinbarnes06@aol.com
Verified Reviewer
"Shame I had to give one star would have preferred to give none should have delivered my parcel to neighbour but chose to leave it outside at 10pm my front door in the open what is annoying is I'm on my holiday and won't be back for 4 more days. Useless firm"
"Taking 2 weeks transit time to reach destination, just not good enough"
"Unfortunately 1 is the lowest and you hey dont deserve this they send emails out saying when they are supposed to deliver whats the point as you dont bloody deliver when you say you are going too"
"YE66 XYH, number plate taken of this driver. Reckless driving in Woodingdean, Brighton. Reversed into a car and left without leaving details."
"The worst courier company. they give you a 1hour time slot then arrive 8 hours late! Who has time to entertain them! wait in all day and night! Avoid the hassle use someone else!"
"Their "system" leaves the first line off my address every time. I warn them and ask them to correct it every time. They are unable to do so every time. Then their drivers deliver to a completely different address anyway and I have to run around the neighbourhood randomly knocking on doors that can in no way be described as my neighbours, nor are they doors that DPD can point me in the right direction of. Miraculously, every other courier gets my address right in the first place and actually delivers to it!"
"If I could give 0 stars, I would! I ordered a package and DPD sent me an email to confirm the delivery date. The date was not convenient for me as it clashed with my working hours so I paid £5 for a special Sunday delivery. I was never sent a delivery slot for Sunday so I stayed at home just in case the package turned up (package required signature so could not be left in a safe place). Guess what, the package nevet turned up. I went on to check the tracking which stated that due to an unknown issue it is now kept at the local depot (no collection options available). I decided to call DPD to get a further update and after a 30 min wait on the phone the agent advised that they'll get in touch with the depot for a further update and will them give me a call back. I never received a call so I again checked tracking on the following Monday which stated that the package will be delivered on Tuesday "as requested" (don't know where they got that from since I paid for Sunday delivery). Package never turned up on Tuesday either. The tracking now states there is a further daley and the package will be delivered on Wednesday. It is now Wednesday 7:15pm and package is nowhere to be seen. Tracking currently states there is a further delay and no estimated delivery date is noted. I have again tried to call DPD and after a 30 minute wait the agent picked up my call and just decided to cut the phone on me. The package is still not delivered. I have never experienced worse customer service in my life."
"There are theif fraud they steel my itam and deliver empty box he took sign 1st then he handover box i said its empty his reply was i dont know call them and he run away"
"Drivers can’t even read as they tried to deliver to the wrong address??? And their customer care number is just a recorded message you can’t even speak to an actual human being?"
"I waited all day to receive the delivery . Didn’t go anywhere . First DPD said Craig driver will be with you between 12.08pm-1.08 pm , didn’t come then another update delivery will be with you between 8.00-17.00 then another update at 17.05 delivery will be between 8.00am-22.00 then message there was no one in the house and left card but there was nothing . Now saying delivery will be next day . Useless and liar , never ever going to use this facilities."
DPD UK is rated 1.20 based on 859 reviews