DHL Reviews

19% of reviewers recommend DHL
Telephone

How would you rate DHL ?

"Delivery was not made as they said they did not have the full address, but I was tracking the parcel on their system and after receiving an email to say I was next to be delivered this was followed 15 minutes later saying they did not have the address so could not deliver. This is the fourth parcel that have failed to deliver to me. Normal reason is I was out. Last time I cutting the hedge in my front garden and when I checked my phone I had a message saying they had tried to deliver but no one was home. I will no longer buy from a company that use DHL or their UK Mail sister company."
"Terrible service from a terrible company. Despite leaving signature release the driver did not leave the parcel. Then found out if I need to speak to DHL have to phone an 0844 number that DHL actually profits from so not only do DHL mess up your delivery, they then charge you to phone them to sort out their incompetency. And if you try to leave review on their own website similar in nature to this one an automated block comes up saying that they don't accept comments of this nature. A total sham. And in this day and age, DHL making you wait in all day is truly behind the times. Companies need to use other carriers as DHL truly is awful!"
"Got home to find missed delivery notice saying parcel has been left in the porch. I don’t have a porch! Front door opens onto the street. Parcel isn’t anywhere. No-one is answering phone. No way of finding missing parcel. This company knows that they have appalling service so they create a system whereby you can’t get hold of anyone to sort out your problem. Disgraceful."
"Worst delivery company, parcels all the time coming late.Customer service liers and rude."
"Late delivery meant I missed my train & flight therefore cost me my holiday, devastated! DHL ONLY want good reviews, wouldn't accept my original review"
"very bad service"
"I will never ever use dhl ever again. They have been hounding me by email, text, phone calls and now by letter for duty and vat charges on goods I never received for over 3 months now (from goods ordered in dec 2017, it's now end of March 2018). DHL are now threatening to pass my details to a debt collection agency!! An absolutely apalling, unprofessional, inconsiderate and disgraceful customer service and that's putting it mildly."
"During adverse weather conditions I received parcels from, Hermes, Royal Mail, UPS with no problems. It took DHL 3 days to get a parcel from one side of Preston to the other. I travelled roads myself and there was no real excuse."
"I order a pair of shoes from overseas. DHL added the incorrect duty onto the delivery (the maximum possible I might add!). I had to personally correct the staff member through my own research into South African customs and duty. Then their on-line system was not updated with the new costs based on the correct duty, so I had to make an electronic payment and send through proof of payment. The whole fiasco extended delivery time considerably."
"I received in the last few months, several parcels shipped by DHL Express International from Singapore to Europe. Each time, tracking was excellent and delivery incredibly fast. I had to have one of the parcels delivered to a relay point and while giving the information the very day it had to be delivered, it went smoothly. Very, very good multiple experiences of this service."
"Kept up to date and arrived on time with a friendly smile"
"The driver delivered my goods when I was expecting them."
"Well done to DHL; ordered through IPostParcel on the 4th may. Picked up on the 5th & delivered on the 9th to Nigeria. No issues or long delays. Package intact & nothing missing"
"Delivery driver who was incapable of following delivery instructions and a bad attitude"
"this is not the first time these dhl people did. third time . they never deliver my parcel , they just come and dont even knock the door or ring the bell even if someone there at home and waiting urgent for the parcel. so very bad customer service. why should we pay more and tell them to deliver ? ... please provide a good customer service to the customers who trust you people and pay the money.hope you all understand what customer service is after taking huge amount from the customer."
"No advance notice of possible Customs issues and subsequent delays but took the money for shipment super fast! Having been disappointed in express post from Singpost for a letter which cost $90 dollars and still took 2 weeks to send from Singapore to China (took 7 working days to get from the post office to Changi airport - a distance of 25km) we decided to use DHL to send 4 boxes of 25kg each from Singapore to Shanghai. Personal effects for relocation. Drop off of boxes and Collection was efficient. So was the taking of the payment of over $1100. 3 days later I get an e-mail from the Shanghai DHL office saying I need to translate the contents list into Chinese. Fortunately my assistant did this. 1 week later I am told I need to send my passport or take it myself to Customs in Pudong. After asking the address I was told to wait until DHL had prepared the paperwork and they would let me know when the appointment would be made. Still waiting, now 2 weeks since the boxes were shipped."
"dhl left 2 automated voice mails that someone would have to be to sign for package. driver left package at mail box 44 feet from front door on main st. no sig. after complaining driver came by looking around for package next am. big song and dance about how late he was and get this ''he did not want to bother anyone'' no package no pay pal help and buisness in UK customjackets.com. uk no help or even an e-mail response. BEWARE"
"?????????? ??? sportsdirect UK ?????? ? ????????? ????????? ?? ???? ???.????? ??? ???????? ?? ????? ?????? ? ???? ?? ????????? ?????????.?????? ?????? ?? ???????? ??? ???????? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ??????? ? ???????? ??????.???? ???????? ? ??? ????? ??? ? ?????? ???? ????????? ???????? ??????????.?? ?? ??????? ??? ???????? ???? ???? ?????????? ??? DHL.? ???? ???? ??? ????? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?????????? ? ?? ?? ????????? ???.??????? ?????? 12.00 euros ??? ??? ?????????? ??? 10.00 euros ??????? ??? 3.00 euros ??????. ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? DHL, ??? ??? ?? ?????????? ???????,??????? ? ???? ?????."
"Spent £200 sending a small package consisting of a phone and protein shakes to Nairobi. DHL never once informed me that the receiver might have to incur additional costs to have it cleared at Customs. When the package got to Kenya customs the receiver was told she had to pay a further £160 to have it cleared. I requested the goods sent back and i should get a refund on the £200 spent initially to have it sent. DHL told me that customs are under no obligation to send it back and if the fee of £160 is not paid the the package will be destroyed. Not only was i not informed the the first instance of the extra charges that i would incur they had a 'don't care' attitude and left me to chase them constantly requesting for updates on the situation. I and the receiver in Nairobi had to do most of the communications with Kenya customs. It was a very stressful experience sending a package through DHL. I will NEVER do it again. Please be advised to read reviews before using DHL. I certainly wish i had done that beforehand!!"
"Just actually had the best phone customer service from dhl- have put a smile on my face with the quick, friendly help"
DHL is rated 1.95 based on 21 reviews