Dalzells of Markethil Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Dalzells of Markethil

About Dalzells of Markethil: Dalzells of Markethill is the largest Independent Family owned Home Appliances retailer in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. We achieved this through good, honest hard work combined with founding principles set in stone by husband and wife team, Noel and Evelyn Dalzell in 1956.

These founding principles of Quality, Value and Service – Quality products at the best Value prices combined with friendly and efficient Service has ensured that Dalzells of Markethill has gone from humble beginnings to a company which retails a vast selection of over 8,000 Domestic Appliances both online and in-store.

sales@armaghelectrical.com

62-68 Main Street,
Markethill,
Co. Armagh

How would you rate Dalzells of Markethil ?

"On 20/03/2017 I ordered two Dunlopillo pillows whose cost is £ 27.98 + £ 11.98 for shipping, a sum total of £ 39.96. 24/03/2017 a woman called Sharon called and said that there are no such pillows and it is not certain whether to appear at all on sale. (Pillows are still available online). Apparently delivery to Kilkenny for them is not on the way. She promised that she would make a refund. A refund has not yet been made, although I called Sharon after her call two weeks and three weeks later. She pretended that she was surprised that the refund had not yet been made. She promised that she would write an email to the office. And so every time the same tale. It seems that there are some deceivers and scammers working there. My warning: do not buy from them on-line and you will find yourself in my positions or worse, depending on how much more expensive your purchases will be. For one thing, you will find yourself in positions without interest-bearing creditors and it is not known whether you will receive the money back without the intervention of a financial ombudsman or other legal institution."
Kristian Penttila
Verified Buyer
"Absolutely useless. Ordered a microwave on 10th March for delivery on 21st, so that it can be built in while the builders re-fit the kitchen. Hear nothing, so foolishly assume they're getting on with it. Chase up on afternoon of 21st to query delivery time, and no one answers the phone, so I send an email instead asking for call back. No one bothers replying, so I chase up again by phone, to be told they don't have it, and I've been refunded. Not a word of apology re poor customer service, and I strongly suspect they'll balls up the refund too. Can't take your money quick enough though."
Nora Casey
Verified Buyer
"I bought a Miele C3 Complete vaccum cleaner on the darzells of Markethill Armagh website. I am from County Cork and the price was marled149.99 on the website for the vacuum cleaner and I decided I would purchase it. The total price quoted on the website was 155.98 including the delivery charge. However, when I checked with my bank that same evening I discovered that an amount of 221.61 was charged to my credit card for the purchase of the product. I thought the price of the product 149.99 was in euros when I purchased it and it was not converted to euros on the website I had to cancel the order immediately because of the price as 221.61 euros. I telephoned your company the following morning and sent email to cancel the order immediately and ask for amount to be refunded because of the price issue. The person I spoke to was helpful saying it would be refunded and also item had not yet been despatched. I requested for confirmation to be sent stating order was cancelled and amount refunded to my credit card but have not received this yet. I was disappointed that the sterling amount on your website should have been automatically converted to euros when I had input my address as County Cork on your website. When will my credit card be refunded as it is a matter of urgency. Kind regards Nora Casey"
Hi Nora

Hope you're well and have had an excellent New Year.

Apologies for the confusion in our Price but we are a UK based business and all prices clearly prefixed in £ Sterling. As such your bank will naturally have utilised their own Exchange Rate for the transaction. To offer transactions in multiple currencies through a payment gateway is nigh on impossible to do and is costly therein to set-up and maintain. We do offer payment by PayPal as you will have noticed when fulfilling your order. This choice would have offered you the option to conduct your transaction in Euros. There is no obligation to display prices in multiple currencies and to do so would add confusion as to our identity in our larger home UK market. I hope you can appreciate this.

Your order I see was placed at 1526 on 30/12 and cancelled on the morning of the 31/12. We were naturally closed on New Year's day, reopened on Saturday 2/1 when the order was sent to myself for refund. We close on Sunday's as an independent business. Your Refund was requested via our Payment Gateway provider on Monday the 4/1. I can see it activated at 0001 05/1. By my count that is a Refund in 3/4 Working Days over the very busy New Year period. UK legislation requires this to be done within 14.

While I can fully understand your eagerness to receive your refund what with the sales and so on I can't accept the pretext in this case of your negative review. I do hope your understand.

Best Wishes for New Year