Currys Reviews

28% of reviewers recommend Currys

How would you rate Currys?

1249 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Robert
panasonic tv

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Currys in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Robert Gamble
"panasonic tv"
Sally
"Sold me a V8 Absolute Dyson that doesn't do what it says on the box"
"Hi I would like to complaint about one of your stores, Unit A Westgate Retail Park, Bath Road Slough, SL1 5PS. I am bringing this into your attention only because this wasn’t the first time. I have had multiple visits to this store of yours and always been disappointed with the customer services that had been provided on every visit. No one is ever interested in servicing right or may be you are not paying them enough to take care of your customers or they just don’t want to. I had to buy a laptop and asked one of the employees to assist. But he said he can’t assist me as he is off for LUNCH now and I was asked to look for somebody else. I went out to look for another one and I was told that if I can look online and see if it is in the store than he can get it for me. WOW.. I can do that at home as well. Anyways that particular laptop was in stock as I checked on my phone but I was told it’s not in the stock. And when I showed them the website saying it’s in stock.. I was told you can order it on online then. I asked him to check the stock at least and he said he is sure it’s not in the stock. I asked him to order it to the store and I was told if will take more than 10 days so you can order it yourself. Wonderful. I had to rush to West Drayton branch as I had to buy the laptop urgently. I had an old laptop as well to exchange Which was been refused by your Slough team, where as West Drayton branch helped us to exchange it and sort as out with everything. I didn’t learn from my experience that time. And went again to buy a TV this time. Samsung 75” smart tv. I asked one of the employees to help me but he said he doesn’t work in TV section, so find someone else. Ok. I looked for somebody else who knows about TVs, but no body works in your TV section. Great. Waited for almost 25 mins for somebody to come over and help. Either you have not trained your employees well or you need to train them again. Disgusting customer services. Couldn’t buy the TV that day as usual. Very disappointed and disgusted. That was the last visit ever to your Slough Branch. Regards Amandeep Kaur"
Ariel
"Staff are very helpful"
"Apparently I was 10 days over my interest free period and they charged me 6 months worth of interest. They were rigid and said I could not pay just the 10 days interest, it had to be the full 6 months. No gesture of good will and no flexibility. I will not use their service again. I am sure the response to this review will be the usual public 'we are very sorry, contact us to see what we can do' and then no further action. I am very disappointed in Curry's."
Dissatisfied Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"I am thoroughly appalled by the poor level of professionalism and utter lack of respect displayed by the delivery team delivering my New Washing Machine from Curries. Putting aside his abruptness and his reluctance to help, he was unable to perform the task at hand and failed to help or provide any information regarding procedure or where to go next to resolve the issue. He left having not completed the job and was totally reluctant and unhelpful in his approach. Thorough disgusted by the level of service and care and I will definitely be reconsidering before making any future purchases from Currys. Overall I received a Poor Service, Poor Customer Relations and The Job I've Paid for is incomplete."
"Recently brought an American fridge freezer went by width measurement. When it arrived found fitted perfectly in allotted spot in new kitchen only to find couldn't open doors wide to get drawers out. Had to then move newly placed oven to accommodate item .Do think currys should put best stood alone or measure doors wide open on them in store and online."
Anne E West
"The delivery date was cancelled twice after waiting in all day When we finally received the item it was not unpacked by the delivery men and when we unpacked it there was a huge dent in the front of the washing machine. Hence another two weeks wait numerous phone calls with a very long cue and a big amount on my phone bill It was an awful customer service experience"
"I have never had such poor service and will never shop from them again.Team know how are the most unhelpful and know nothing .I ordered a cooker which came on time but when came to install it the delivery man said he could not install because the earthing loop reading was to high so the cooker went back. so I called the call centre to get a new date for my cooker to be delivered after been on hold for 15minutes they said that it would be delivered on the following Thursday. The day before called them back to check that the delivery was ok for the next day only to be told that I was not down for a delivery and the next slot was not until the next Tuesday. The cooker turned up only to be told that it was a exdisplay model and it had a large dint in the side.So not happy at all . 2 more 20 minutes phone call,s to team know nothing still no cooker and waiting for a refund ."
"I made a complaint on the 9 th January I received a txt that someone would contact me in 5 days .That was 13 weeks ago is your company so slow or do they just I ignore the complaints"
"Short version - Do not use customer service are a shambles. Team Know how should be called Team Know Nothing. Medium version - Won't do a long version as don't have the time. Here are the basic facts. Currys deliver a damaged fridge. Call team know how and am put on hold for around 20 minutes. Get through to Danielle who asks what the problem is and I explain. She says she will need to speak to the delivery department and asks me to hold. I stop her at this point as she has not took my name, order number, delivery reference, address postcode so there would be no way to identify what order I was talking about. At this point she takes the delivery reference and then puts me back into the first queue that I was in to wait again. I get through to Sara who takes some of the relevant details and then tells me that I need to deal with Samsung to get an exchange reference number or they can't do anything. The fact the they have sold and delivered a damaged item means I am not overly happy about this. I say that as I purchased the product from them I should not have to be dealing with the manufacturer. She is having none of this and them I am transferred to deal with Samsung. Samsung have so far been more helpful on the phone but issue is not yet resolved. Do not use Currys/PC World as they are incompetent unhelpful and unwilling to take responsibility in any way even though I am pretty sure that legally they should do."
Margaret Auton
Unverified Reviewer
"I went into the Skegness branch to buy a phone and was very impressed with the lad who served me ,couldnt do enough to help ,especially when i found out he was new ,i think his name was Isaac, he even got some one to help with a sky order i wanted which he couldnt do his name was Tony and he was also very helpful would be grateful if you could pass on my sincere thanks to both these two lads ."
"Perhaps one of the worst shopping experience ever. Was told by knowhow that the TV that I wanted was on display because I needed the dimensions of the distance between the feet because it wasn't stated anywhere. Reserved the TV in case they sold out before I arrived (you can't speak directly to the store), got to the store, it wasn't on display so asked for some help... oh dear, first member of staff said 'I only sell Samsung, speak to him', that was the store manager, waited a while he finally acknowledged me, said they would never display a TV by the brand I required. He called another member of staff to help, (help?), it was too much effort so I said that I would leave it. As I walked away both members of staff laughed and sniggered at me. I am disabled and did take great offence. Never again."
David Weston
"I was well looked after when I went In to the Derby branch to look for a new laptop, managed to come out with a product better than I had expected and also bought a new soundbar"
"Everything went wrong. Ordering - poor. Website - poor. Customer service - unreacheable and not helpful. Delivery - now over 2 weeks of delays. Unable to schedule a decent slot. 4 hour delivery windows routinely missed or cancelled last minute with 2 days reschedules without any notice and/or information. TERRIBLE and unfit for modern time. If you hold any stock - sell, cause this has to go bankrupt."
Mr David English
"I purchased a digital recorder in March 2017, but for several reasons it was not set up until near the end of the 12 month guarantee. It was then discovered that the sealed box was incomplete and there was no remote control. On returning it to the shop they bluntly told me that I could not prove that it was missing, and in any case it should have been returned much sooner. I shall not make the mistake of dealing with them again and I advise everyone else to avoid them also. I had a problem over 20 years ago when I purchased a new item which was a repackaged faulty one. An enquiry subsequently found that this had happened so often that the company was fined several million pounds for fraudulent practice. It seems that their business ethic has not improved."
"Poor service. Recently I bought a new oven from this shop and paid extra for installation and for removing the old oven. On delivery, they just laid the new oven in its packing on the floor, made some absured excuses about wire being thick and walked away leaving me to find an electrician and appliance deposal service. This was very costly and time consuming for me. I am very disappointed. I will not recommend Currys service to anyone. MM"
"I contacted CURRYS today to buy an item...I was on the phone for a total of 65min. I phoned 5 times , my problem was not resolved so, on call number 4 and 5 I requested to speak to a manager and was fobbed off. Both agents would not put me through despite that I never got a clear response if it was company policy to block callers from speaking to management. The feedback facility was so amazing When I said hello the, automated voice said "We are sorry we could not get hold of you....for your feedback, .. you don't have to do anything...GOODBYE" I cant see this review being published... but will pass this on to everyone at tonight's dinner party and ALL my contacts on social media...also, I shall be taking my business elsewhere."
"Good quality products and great customer service"
Jacqui Haley
"Salesman was very helpful when choosing a new tv."
Currys is rated 2.15 based on 1,249 reviews