Currys Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
11AM
11AM
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B
Happy
Low
Online Presence
High

About Currys: Currys Sale Now On. Massive Savings on TVs, Washing Machines, Cookers, Fridge Freezers, Laptops and more. Free Delivery or Reserve Online & Collect In-Store. Currys is a electrical retailer in the UK with over 300 super stores and over 160 Currys Digital stores on the high street. Our product range includes Audio, Computing, Gaming, Kitchen Appliances, Photography, TV and DVD.

customer.services@currys.co.uk

Mobile Phones
Sat Navs
Sound & Vision
Technology And Computing

Tell us how Currys made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a week
"I scheduled delivery next day, and I paid 10£ for it. Of course it didn't come, and when I called customer service, they couldn't reschedule, couldn't direct to a pick up point, couldn't do anything. I demanded refund, but they said only when the product returns. Apart from apologies and "I can't", they didn't do anything. In fact they lied and got over with it."
Are you Currys? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Currys receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"ordered washing machine, had read bad reviews of Currys, but they were the only seller, big mistake, no confirmation email of purchase, so no tracking number, wrote email to check details, next day after spinning around on the auto customer service nonsense - best bit is when it suddenly says "Thank you, goodbye", got through eventually to real person on 'team knowhow' by phone next day, "System down so can't check anything. And email responses take about 5 days". But it's due for delivery tomorrow. "OK what's the post code..." er.. so from the not working system they confirmed the order, delivery and email address. Would get SMS later to confirm time. Needless to say really, no SMS, no delivery. Caught knowhow first thing next day and cancelled. Told they tried to deliver and ring but no one home. Surprising really as someone there all day standing by from 7 to 7 receiving 2 other deliveries. They did manage to confirm cancellation by email right away...so one star for prompt cancellation service"
"Curry’s Chester .... Peter from curry’s was absolutely amazing ! His customer service is fantastic !"
"Ordered a tv to be delivered and installed between 7am and 7pm today nobody has shown no contact no apology its now 7.45 Is this the best you can do curry's I could have gone anywhere for my purchase, very disappointed 😞"
"Took son to the Swindon store to purchase a new laptop. Nobody approached us despite it being past 6pm at night and not many customers in the store. Finally spoke to a lady and son said he was interested in purchasing a specific laptop and then she passed my son onto an other member of Staff. When he checked the stock system, he said it was out of stock in store. So we spoke about ordering online for collection into store. When son did this when we got home, online ordering advised he could not order online as the Swindon store already had stock there and the nearest store would be Chippenham. As online advised Swindon did have stock, son has called them this evening only to be told "No, we don't have stock and your nearest store is Cheltenham". A case of right hand not knowing the left hand and not a good shopping experience with Currys at all!!!! Would put Currys right down the pecking order when it comes to purchasing "anything" electrical in future. Staff seemed disinterested!!"
"Customer services CallCenter is a joke .bought a rangemaster cooker which had the wrong control button on it ( temputure control for oven no numbers on it so can put to temputure needed) Currys told me me they would ring rangemaster and get back to me the following day . No call back . Phoned again . Told the same .Two weeks later and after I had Phoned them 8 times I finally got a call back . Just to be told I needed to phone rangemaster myself as I had used the cooker now and I didn’t have the original packaging ( curry’s removed the packaging when they fitted the cooker ) Asked to speak to a manger but was told my problem didnt warrant speaking to a manager ,I told them I couldn’t use my cooker properly as the oven control button didn’t have the temputure on and seeing I have repeatedly told them this and still nothing was getting done I wanted to speak to a manger .The man then told me I should just re read the instruction manual !! Or phone rangemaster myself if still couldn’t figure it out . I phoned rangemaster myself and Within 10 minute my issue was dealt with . A new control button was sent in the post ."
"We went Into Currys PC World at Avonmeads Bristol to buy a washing machine Thursday 8th November there were so many to choose from. Assistant 7 Mosud was very helpful with his knowledge he enlightened us on the features of all the machines that we were interested in then left us to decide. He didn't follow us around or try to sway our choice but was available if we needed more help. We chose Samsung Addwash and Mosud served and was polite and professional I would rate him 10 out of 10"
"Ordered a TV with Currys which seemed to go through without issue, however a few hours later I received an email stating that the order had been "cancelled" without any explanation, however the email assured that no money had been taken. I tried to cotact them online to find out what happened, to which they responded that I needed to ring them, tried to ring them and waited for 20 mins before the phone cut out, I then attempted contacting them on Facebook and was finally told that the purchase had failed "security checks". Despite this, they had in fact taken the money from my account. I was then told it would take 3-5 days to receive my money back. Absolutely staggered by the ineptitude of this company."
"Well, I had an Hp Envy 34 curved screen all in one computer system desktop which had problems which had to be replaced as they couldn't fix it, The same problems with the first computer were very similar to the 2nd machine which is the machine what i'm writing this review about, i received an all in one replacement desktop back in July, another HP Envy 34" After a week or two i had a notice from HP (on screen) that i had updates available so i started to download the updates but i then got a message from the computer saying "Oops that didn't work" and from then on had problems galore with it from signing in using password only rather than photo/picture i.d feature to wifi/bluetooth problems as well as downloading troubles.. I took the computer back to Currys/PC World as it wasn't working as it should who had it a couple of weeks and had it returned with an attached note saying there was "Shit" on it but had now been repaired.. I went to fetch it and got it home only to find it hadn't been repaired at all, So i returned it back to Currys/PC World and it was sent of again.. It was returned several weeks later saying they could find no fault with it and i thought WTF??.. So, i took it home and powered it up to find it STILL had the same problems, (not taking a photo for photo i.d and it also wouldn't connect to my smart tv also purchased from PC World, also some downloads from other sites other than HP wouldn't download either saying it had failed to sparse or similar).. SO.. i took it back yet again, Only this time when several weeks later it returned i went to retrieve it i decided to ask them while it and i was still there to boot it up and check for themselves that it had indeed been repaired, This they did, only to find the problem still persisted and had not been rectified, (The lad that booted it up instore found the problem within a minute of it powering up so why "professionals" couldnt find it i'll never know) i told them they could send it off one last time and if it came back and still no joy i wanted a full refund on it as it wasn't a cheap machine, it was well past being a joke by now.. I live in Derby and the machine was bought from the Burton on Trent branch so it was costing a lot in petrol all the back and forth in visits (8 at a minimum not including the original purchase).. So they sent it off AGAIN with exteme apologies that the problem hadn't been corrected, I was waiting and waiting and waited some more and still no word from the shop to tell me how things were going, So we went in again on the Monday after several phone calls with no reply and when we got there they were again full of apologies (which by now had become meaningless) they still hadn't had it back (which by now they had actually had the computer longer than i had in posession time) and to add to this had no idea where it was???, They'd lost it Weary, but was told it would be back by the Friday but from where i don't know as they couldn't find it.. Friday came and went as did Saturday and still no word of the return of my computer from Currys/PC world nor any communication whatsoever by or from them in any form, I was by now bubbling inside as i know the manager had had emails from head office about it and he'd actualy "promised" us phone calls regarding all the problems we'd suffered and it's return as he'd given his word to do.. Then on the 6th we called in only to find they wouldn't give us a full refund at all, only vouchers as the replacement computer was given to us on the voucher scheme they have going (RIP OFF) so we ended up having to pick another computer, much smaler at 27" than the original 34" which they said would be here by Friday.. Friday came and went again as did Saturday with no word from Currys/PC World so we started to ring and ring From Friday to Saturday to Monday with no call backs, no emails no nothing so seemingly ignoring us.. Rang again today (Monday 13th) with no reply given so, My daughter in-law called in on the off chance today 13/11/2018 and not only was she told the new computer had been there since Saturday just gone but took it home with her with no paperwork being needed nor identification, For saying this has been going on since August time is absolutely ridiculous and the level of customer care has been absolutely atrocious with nothing but excuses and bad workmanship on the repair side and lack of correspondence given by and from Currys/Pc World.. My computer was £1.999.99 so not the cheapest of machines, I seriously consider anyone and everyone to err on the side of caution before purchasing anything from them as whenever we went in over the this the queue to get seen was so long with people returning faulty items took an age to get down and be seen .. "ANGRY" doesn't cover it.. And not a word of recompense from them.. Disgusting appalling behaviour from a company such as this and the lack of compassion given was as little as the care they gave to my PC that's "apparently lost" which was ZILCH.. I'll not be shopping there again.. Lesson learned.. Rant over ..0/10"
"Having ordered a cooker on line for my 91yr old mother to be delivered installed and the old appliance taken away, on the day of delivery it seems some sort of mix up meant that the old cooker was not down to be disconnected, so the delivery drivers just dumped the new one down in the middle of the dining room, shrugged their shoulders and basically said not our problem, most unhelpful and really didn't care. And as I had travelled over 200 miles to be there when it was delivered I am not happy. After speaking on the phone to someone they said they could rebook for it to be installed and old one removed, absolutely no good to me as I have to return to work next day. I have now had to get an emergency electrician to install it, and arrange someone to pick up the old one. causing unnecessary stress to my elderly mother, socking service and have to say I will never buy from curry's again. Neither will several members of my family after hearing about the terrible service we have experienced."
"A month ago I bought a 50 inch tv.and a new stand.Payed for installation. Delivered items just left them in the room.Said sorry we don't do that. COMPLAINED. Salesman from currys came out after work and installed the tv. Last week had a fridge freezer delivered. Wrong one so they took it away and told us to go down to the shop and order another. did this the sales person h ad ordered a 50.50.instead of a 70 30. now got to WAIT again. YESTERDAY Had a cooker delivered.they installed the cooker with a bit of effort.when they had left we found out that now we carnt open the freezer door which is the next unit to the cooker. COMPLAINED got to wait till Sunday to be put right. Well Currys do you say about that load of cock ups."
"Customer service is a joke after purchasing a vax steam mop after taking it home faulty. So rang vax told me to return to Currys customers service the Lady told me no stock left could go to Chester for one,so decided to pick a other vex mope. No not in stock ,so asked her what do you have in stock. She replays I would have to go through the list but would take to long.you can have your money back. Currys we will help rubbish. So called at the Range got a salter steam mop for £39.99. This steam mop is fantastic for the price, had Cleland the kitchen floor with the Vax.but this Salter mop far better than the Vax. So really should thank the unhelpful lady at Currys have a far better steam mop for Half the price."
"We bought a new oven on the 25th November 2017 and paid for a Repair and Support Plan which also included one valet service a year on the product. We arranged for the first valet and Currys arranged for a company called BioBlitz to do the valet. I received a telephone call explaining when the valet would take place and that we would receive a message to confirm the time of appointment the day before the valet was to take place. I received a text on the 15th October informing me that the valet would take place on the 7th November 2018. On the day of the valet we had still received no notification of what time this valet would take place, so I sent a text asking when this would take place and was informed that the driver would contact me. Later that morning I received a telephone call from the driver saying that the valet would take place between 1.30 p.m. and 3.30 p.m. At 4.00 p.m. I received another telephone call saying that they were running late and would arrive by 4.30 p.m. As I was at work I phoned my husband who had been waiting all day and let him know that they were delayed. When I arrived home from work at 5.00 p.m. my husband told me that the cleaning operative had arrived with another colleague. She then proceeded to put all her cleaning materials and hardware on our worktops without asking permission and not putting any covers on our worktops to protect them. She then took only 15 minutes to clean the oven, saying our oven was perfectly clean and her last job was dreadful. When she had gone we found residue still over the racks and inside the oven which had obviously not been cleaned properly. It seemed to my husband that our oven was the last on her list and she just wanted to get it over and done with."
"Moved into house 2wks ago Ordered dishwasher & fridgefreeze 30min before delivery they phone and say can’t deliver as f/f is damage 😤😤😤 Should have know better then we order Hob and oven Saturday they came could put it in said wrong oven would go in without moving pipe so had to go back to shop who then said if you are buying oven and hob they can move pipe we are we say. Oh dear shop very unhelpful 😤😤so they say will fit different oven with the hob on Wednesday witch was today so in they come fit both on dear have to come back tomorrow with oven this one is broken 😤😤 Am I a happy customer think not. Don’t even try offer any think like a good will Juster So I would give Currys a no star rating"
"Purchased a washing machine from Currys and had to wait for two weeks before was given a delivery date. Unfortunately the item was not delivered on the day as promised. The excuse given that the installer wasn't available. It was such a lame excuse because I ordered a washing machine to be delivered and installed. Had to ring the customer service to re-book another delivery date. Was promised by the customer service that it will be delivered the following morning. The following morning, I rang the customer service to confirm the time of delivery, however was told that it wasn't booked for delivery at all. This clearly shows that its never to trust curry's customer service staff at all. Finally was promised to be delivered on Thursday which I yet to know if it will ever arrive and installed. The service provided is so poor and with unreliable customer support staff, I would never purchase anything from curry's again. I lost two days of unable to go to work due to the delivery letting me down. Requested for the customer service to make an official complain (CC3832500) and yet to know if such failed customer service and delivery failure will be taken by curry's seriously. Mr Singh"
"No wonder retail stores are dying after the shambles of an experience I had at your St Helen's Retail Park PC World I was shopping online at first, trying to purchase a i7 8th Gen laptop but after nearly ordering the system then said it wasnt in stock, no problem so I went to site (I should have never even bothered) I walk in, already aware of what I Want to buy (A Laptop that cost around £950) so I walk over, and ask where the i7's are. The people on the IT area, looked at each other as if id said something funny (you know, me being a customer to them) and they rather condescendingly told me that "there isn't a specific area for i7's - they are scattered everywhere, just see what you want then buy it" I let go the way I was spoken to (again, a paying customer - all I am expecting is for people to DO THEIR JOBS) SO after 25 minutes of browsing, after being spoken to like I was stupid I'd finally found a laptop that I Wanted (Again £960.00) I ask to buy it, to THEN be told its not in stock I ask them to see what they have in stock today, you know - because this is a retail store, and generally people like to walk out with the things they're about to spend near £1000 The young lady then sighs audibly to me and my friends that I was with and says "well I suppose I better check the stock" I mean, is this unexpected that a customer service rep should actually know what they have in stock? have I, the customer done something wrong? She comes back, and then tells me that the only laptop they have in stock is a piece of garbage touchscreen HP, that even if I wanted - I couldn't walk out of the store, because this is a "store model" (I have purchased store models from PC world before, and I have never once been told that I must come back 24 hours later to pick it up.) So I explain to her, that all they have installed on this laptop is a demo video, with no username passwords, and no passwords or data on the device (I have already checked) she walks off, to "speak with a manager" who then comes back to say that it apparently takes +25 hours to reformat a laptop (That didn't need formatting, that had an SSD and an 8th grade i7 - so actually would have taken less than 30 minutes) So there I am, I wanted a laptop - from a store to take away with me, went to PC world's retail store and ended up just wasting 45 minutes of my time, talking to under-educated staff who clearly are not remotely interested in selling things to customers whilst this lady was off getting a list of reasons for why i couldn't take the store laptop, I'd already reserved one at Argos, at a cheaper price, at a better spec Moral of the story - stay away from dying pc world, that has snotty staff that dont actually want you to buy anything, they just want to waste your time and offer you abysmal service. There I was, ready to drop £1000 on a laptop there and then - when they let me walk away PC world do not seem interested in sales, or making money, or even - giving good, reputable customer service beyond a joke, and a complete waste of my time. will never buy anything from PC world again Signed, A very irritated computer engineer with more degrees in computing than two chubby salesmen that don't know what they are talking about."
"This is the last time I ordered something with Currys! 5 failed delivery attempts, nobody knows what's going on. One person told me the delivery address was changed, the other told me it wasn't possible to change it. And instead of redelivering, as promised they now refunded my order, against my will. I spent more than 1 hour on the phone. Now they are offering me to order my headphones again via their website - as if. I am certainly not going through this drama again! I wanted to support a British business but they don't care anyway. I got a reply from someone at Currys on my other review on Trustpilot but all they did was kinda say, 'sorry you feel that way' instead of actually trying to redeem themselves. So I ordered my £330 headphones on Amazon now where I know they will be delivered tomorrow. One thing I have to add to their defence: the people in customer service were friendly and tried to help. It's just that Currys didn't seem want them to help, lots of computer says no situations. And what didn't help either was that Currys used one of the worst delivery services out there - DPD. They never left missed delivery cards... and delivered to the wrong address, twice..."
"I had the most surreal shopping experience, in the Sevenoaks store. I went to buy a PC , they had very few in stock despite loads on display, another customer wanted the same one. We were told there were 4 in stock and the staff proceeded to try and sell ad ons , know how, insurance, all the staff seemed to be programmed not to listen to customers needs but to sell. They were clearly all stressed and unhappy and it showed in their attitude. despite me saying I didn't require any. The other customer asked for offers , the staff ignored us for 15 minutes whilst they discussed it and were not to pleased when we asked if we were going to be able to purchase the items. The answer was no, they didn't have them after all. We both walked out after well over an hour with no purchase. Currys lost two sales. Thankfully l eventually sourced the same pc online and will pick up from Argos tomorrow, £45 pound cheaper, click and Collect no hard sell. It is no wonder people don't shop in stores anymore, the other guy said as he was leaving , it was the most depressing incompetent shopping experience he has ever had, I agree. Absolutely awful."
"I made the mistake of ignoring the bad reviews because of their no fix no fee offer. Took my laptop in for repair, they took the £60 fee and sent it to their repair centre. I got a call and was told it would cost £1,040 for a new main board on a laptop only worth about £900. Obviously I declined, when I went to pick it up and asked about getting my money back the answer was "I had declined the repair so therefore was not entitled to a refund". Well anything can be fixed if you throw enough money at it! Their "no fix, no fee" policy is just a scam. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned, this company has lost a customer for life."
Currys is rated 2.16 based on 1,456 reviews