Currys Reviews

28% of reviewers recommend Currys
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B
Happy
Low
Online Presence
High

How would you rate Currys ?

"Bought a gas cooker for almost £500 but on delivery day after waiting in and time off work, didn’t turn up. Promised to deliver next day but couldn’t give a time, we will see."
Adam Trapp
"Good customer service and easy to order online."
Chuck Miller
"Had the washing machine we wanted in stock."
Julie Whiting
"Floor damaged"
Chris
"Service brilliant with top notch advice. Got great deal and next day delivery sorted at my pace by Sean. Thanks"
Mark Warwick
"He got me the good deal and explained why"
Mr Andrew Shirt
"Advertising deals in shop and on TV, plus extra discounts, but when asked for the deals with a purchase, Told they had finished and no longer available! When I contacted customer services, they did not want to know."
Emma O'Reilly
Unverified Reviewer
"Delivered a fridge/freezer with a huge dent in the front, spent over 3 hours on the phone to multiple very rude customer service staff. Attempted redelivery 10 DAYS later at 11am (with no warning) when the confirmed delivery slot was 1pm-5pm, told the delivery driver i couldn't be there until 1pm due to being at work, they put the phone down on me. Another call 45 mins later to say they were outside my property again, where was I, they'd given me 45 minutes so I should have got here. Driver then refused to return with my delivery between the allotted times. After multiple calls to Currys customer service I was promised a delivery before 7pm that night (meaning I had to cancel plans) which again didn't arrive at all, so I waited in on a nice Saturday afternoon for over 7 hours with no delivery. Customer service couldn't care less. Disgusting for a big company to deal with their customers in this way. Would rather buy from AO in future."
"TV for the World Cup? Beware Currys' so-called discount codes. They lead you through a huge amount of work, picking and choosing various options (i.e. spending even more money) then you get to checkout and it says the "Save £300 off the marked price on this product" code that enticed you to spend £1,700 is "not valid". Good news is that ao.com will give honour Currys' £300 discount, so I bought from ao.com instead."
Paypal
"Bad service"
"Absolutely disgusting customer service from the manager of all people. I purchased an expensive Samsung TV, with a 5yr warranty plastered all over it, but then this smarmy jumped up kid of a manager demanded I pay a further amount for the warranty. He then took a set of leads off me, which I got included with the sale from the advisor, and said I had to pay more for them too. A major complaint was put in but I was totally shocked by the absolute abhorrent customer service from this young child of a manager, who quite frankly ruined my purchase experience and made me leave the store feeling let down and insulted. I will not be shopping with Currys again!!!! The manager, Hassan, needs a lesson in how to treat people."
Sarah Holmes
"Purchased a new freezer, great service. Great product, I would definitely purchase again!"
KEN SHERIDAN-IRWIN
Unverified Reviewer
"John took time to listen, went and checked price promise matched it very pleasant buying experience in Fosse Park Leicester today ...we did go to Loughborough store yesterday and the experience was the opposite ,, no one knew anything about the cookers we looked at went to refer to the internet HECK we DID that .... WHY IN AN ELECTRICAL STORE EVERY TV/PC/GAME CONSOLE IS WIRED IN but NO COOKER CAN BE TO SHOW THE CONTROL PANEL LIT UP it is important to check the controls are lit .... no one in Loughborough had a clue luckily we did go to Fosse Park and found a pro salesperson who actually knew the producs a cooker AND fridge were then purchased after price match"
"Shocking delivery service!!! Waited 4hrs for my delivery and didn't turn up. Thanks you for wasting my sunday"
"Visited Bedford store yesterday. No members of staff interested in helping to busy chatting amongst themselves. When we did approach someone he was too busy doing his hair to really be bothered to help. Eventually we found what we wanted and waited and waited just going to leave when someone came over, really loud and brash when we asked about the price £399 as we had found the same model elsewhere for £319 he told us that we didn’t know what we were talking about and was extremely disrespectful rude and patronising even when we showed him the proof online. Should have remembered last bad experience in this store, Will never ever buy either in store or online from currys again, if We could award minus stars we would. Ruined our afternoon."
"CurrysPCWorld are terrible. Service is non existent and once they have your money they do not care about customers. They even renege on extended warranties. I will never up anything from them again."
"Bought a dishwasher about 5 weeks ago, I only had it plumbed in about 4 weeks ago. It has now stopped working, I rang up for a repair An was told that the repair team only work 9-5 mon-fri. I work 9-5 Mon-fri. Was asked did I not have family or friends that could wait in for me to get it repaired, I don’t. I have no annual leave left and if I told Work I needed time off to get a dishwasher repaired they would just laugh at me. I asked if I took the dishwasher back could I get a refund and was told no as they have not had a chance to repair it, how can they repair it if I’m in work so now I’m left with a dishwasher that doesn’t work an a hole in me purse!!!!!! Not happy at all."
"One of the worst EVER service I have experienced in my LIFE by a member of the Management Team, Rupesh Bhagat in Currys PC World Wolverhampton. Was told what I was entitled to by currys team know how on the back of my TV not being repairable and when I went into store was told I am not entitled to it. I told Rupesh to ring Team know how and to clarify (even gave him the persons name) and his response “I don’t need to call him, I know my information”!! Never again would I shop at a Currys after this and especially not in Wolverhampton"
Gordon Mahoney
Unverified Reviewer
"Currys offer a good range of goods at reasonable prices especially on-line, however it is let down when being able to view a product before purchase. I recently considered buying a VAX cordless cleaner. I live in Dawlish, South Devon and have 2 currys branches within a few miles, at Exeter and Torquay. Unfortunately neither of these stores had the model I was interested in therefore the nearest place I could view one on display was Plymouth which would have meant a round trip of some 60 miles. I took a chance and ordered one on-line and picked it from Torquay the next day. As you have an almost monopoly on the high street now I feel your stores should have a much bigger number of items on display"
Alan Patterson
"they were able to tell me about different PC`s"
Currys is rated 2.17 based on 1,304 reviews