Currys Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
4PM
4PM
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B
Happy
Low
Online Presence
High

About Currys: Currys Sale Now On. Massive Savings on TVs, Washing Machines, Cookers, Fridge Freezers, Laptops and more. Free Delivery or Reserve Online & Collect In-Store. Currys is a electrical retailer in the UK with over 300 super stores and over 160 Currys Digital stores on the high street. Our product range includes Audio, Computing, Gaming, Kitchen Appliances, Photography, TV and DVD.

customer.services@currys.co.uk

Mobile Phones
Sat Navs
Sound & Vision
Technology And Computing

Tell us how Currys made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
Could Be Better
returns process
"This is a review of Team Know How who deliver Currys items. This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. Order reference 7426002789 - bought this on the 14th March and still not delivered. First delivery was meant for Saturday 16th March 2pm - 6.10pm. Never delivered - no phone call to explain. When I called the following day they said they didn't know what happened and organised another delivery for the 23rd March. No delivery happened on this day either and no phone call. When I called they said the item was stolen - offered nothing to compensate - refused to let me speak to a manager - refused to organise a delivery the following day - refused to put me on the top of the delivery list. I had to push and push to get anything. They eventually refunded the delivery charge and £20 as a 'gesture of goodwill'. They then gave me a delivery for 26th March 9 - 1pm. I took the morning off to receive this. Nothing received by 11:30 - called and they told me they were running late and it was expected at 2.30pm - so now can't even return to work. Absolute disgraceful 'service' - doubt this will even turn up today."
Are you Currys? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Went to curry’s to get a tv when mine broke: all the 43 inch TVs were not in stock: but could be delivered: asked about a 49 inch and was told out of stock as well. I asked about delivery and was told no. “What do you mean no” I said “we haven’t got any, we might get some in at some stage” I left the store with my money and bought my tv elsewhere!!!! I wanted to buy a tv from curry’s, but it appears they did not want to sell me one.... rubbish!!!"
"Just received the most outstanding service from Maryam at Curry's in New Malden. Thanks for your patience and dedication to getting it right for us. You are a great asset to the store."
"Currys is a complete joke!! I have placed 2 orders for home delivery and installation, the first one was placed on 07/03/2019, this one just did not turn up even though I phoned several times and was told that it would be delivered between 14.50 and 16.50 but no show, I called on Sunday 10th to be told that the delivery was cancelled, I wasn’t told why it was just cancelled. I really was not happy, I had taken an unpaid day off work to get a delivery that did not show up. I ended up getting a refund and after talking to a few people on Currys the Facebook Chat page I decided to place another order as the Facebook chat had offered a gesture of goodwill and given £20 off and free installation, this was supposed to be delivered on 19/03/2019 so I took another unpaid day off work to get a phone call from the driver saying that it could not be delivered because of the size of his lorry and the size of my road so another day wasted. I called Team Knowhow to be told that it had been rescheduled for delivery on 21/03/2019 I got them to confirm a time of between 07.00 and 11.00 but that will be another unpaid day off meaning that I have spent £593.00 with Currys and lost just over £600 in wages, this is utterly disgusting service, I spend £593.00 and it actually cost me just over £1193.00 this is not acceptable. I will be looking at recovering my lost wages even if it means going to court."
"I BOUGHT WASHING MACHINE AND THEY GIVE ME DELIVERY DATE UNFORTUNATELY THEY DID NOT COME .. AFTER I CALL THEY TOLD ME 3 DAYS LATER DELIVERY .. UNFORTUNATELY THEY DID NOT COME AGAIN AT THE END AFTER 2-3 WEEKS LATER DELIVERY COMES.. IT IS THE ONE OF THE WORST COMPANY ORDER NO 7426483151"
"Absolout shiesters, couldn't tell the truth if their lives depended on it. Rip off conmen"
"Disappointing, cant be bothered attitude. I purchased a TV in store along with wall installation, my tv was delivered on saturday by two delivery men who informed me they were not the "right men to install the tv on my wall" and i should wait for a call later in the day for the installation man to arrive. I did not receive any call i had to call myself and ask for an update only to be told " the man has called in sick" and i will need to reschedule for sunday ( the next day). I spent another day ( sunday) waiting at home from 1-5pm, again no call nothing i had to call three times to ask the whereabouts of the driver, five minutes to 5pm i was told i had cancelled the appointment - not only couldnt they be bothered but also made me out to be a liar! Monday while at work i was called to say they are 5 mins away without any prior notice, after speaking to customer services i was then told they would not come back out and i would have to wait 2 weeks for the next available appointment, so my TV sits in the box for another two weeks after paying for installation, terrible experience with currys! Just an overall cant be bothered attitude considering people pay a lot of money for their services and products. UPDATE YOUR TEAM AND TAKE YOUR JOB SERIOUSLY."
"Bought a brand new laptop £850 and opened box and took it out of packaging and The screen fell out of the housing clips . Faulty Manufacturing .HP LAPTOP. Took it back to CURRYS and it took them THREE MONTHS AND 126 EMAILS ON ONLINE REVIEWS SITES ,, REVIEW, TRUSTPILOT ,TWITTER , ,AND A IDIOT TEAM CALLED KNOWHOW KNOWNOTHING ,TO RESOLVE the broken brand new laptop. I got it for CHRISTMAS for my self. DREADFUL EXPERIENCE PUT ME IN HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF THIS ADDED STRESS."
"I used the customer helpline to report a fault with their website not sending a forgotten password email with a,olink that worked. No-one offered to help me they just said not to do with them and transferred me to someone else. There was no detail in the transfer so I had to go through all the detail again. Just by chance one of the associates said it may be my email programme, Outlook 2010, not recognising the link and that proved to be the case. A technology company with a website that does not work with a very common programme. I wasted over half an hour on one call and another half an hour on another to get into my Currys account. I then sent a series of emails and those replying had obviously not read the email as they each referrred me to contact the technical support for the product I had purchased. It was their website that was the problem. Also they fobbed me off with platitudes and excuses when I asked for compensation for my time or a goodwill payment. I am very angry qnd dissatisfied, as this has remained unresolved for several weeks. They are now not even responding to my emails."
""Team Know How" are an absolute disgrace. Utterly dreadful experience. Team Know How obviously have a contract with Currys and are making a lot of money. They are incompetent and do not care about the customers which Currys relies on them to look after. Having ordered a washing machine from Currys website (which was easy enough), the problems began when "Team Know How" took over with their delivery/installation/take away old washing machine service. Firstly they said they couldn't install the new one because under my sink had a plumbing part missing and I'd have to buy one and they'd be back the next day and complete the installation. I was fine this. That's not their fault. But I didn't have a clue what to buy, and didn't want them coming back the next day to find I'd bought the wrong part from B&Q. Getting the information out of them about which part exactly I needed to buy was like pulling teeth. Brexit negotiations would have been easier. I asked them how to spell the words they were using ("spigot") but neither of them could spell. I literally had to stop them leaving my house until they physically showed me on my phone the exact part I needed. They then said I'd recieve a text message by 9pm that day telling me which timeslot I'd have for the next day in order than installation could be completed. 9pm came and went. No text message. So I called "Team Know How" up first thing in the morning expecting them to have failed to book in my slot and for me to have yet more hassle. They didn't disappoint. The delivery had failed to book it and now I was told that I'd have to wait for another time. No availablity that day. No apologies. No acknowledgment that they'd screwed it up. Just tough luck. The bloke on the phone couldn't have cared less. These people have no appreciation of the fact that customers have to take time off work to stay at home for this. I've taken 2 days off. And I still don't have a washing machine plumbed in. Currys need to put this contract back out to tender. These clowns don't deserve the huge money they are being paid. If I had £1 for the amount of times the delivery men and the bloke I spoke to on the phone said to me "nothing we can do" I could pay for someone else to do the job. One thing that taking 2 days off work for these philistines does is to leave you with plenty of time to tell others just what an awful "service" they have provided."
""55" Oled TV told lies by sales team and customer services", we purchased the TV via a gift card and customer services admitted that the online staff who took the order lied to us about the delivery date, time and the cost of delivery, the member of staff had great difficulty in talking English I had to use the phonetic alphabet throughout the whole order it took nearly 50 minutes to place the order, when I contacted the sales team a very rude supervisor so she states did not display any empathy or support but she could not ignore the facts, she offered us £20 gift card to not take this any further, guess what another lie It appears to be a theme here, MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE DONT SHOP AT CURRYS (or should I say lying company, they don't represent the UK standard of service and honesty) more than happy to back my statement up with facts as I kept all the conversations recorded with them!"
"I wouldn't even give Curry's a 1 star. Spent nearly £800 on 2 products and they couldn't be bothered to deliver it on the day they said they would, no phone call. Awful customer service, to the rude clown I spoke to I don't think customer service is your bag. Curry's sort it out I'll be contacting trading standards you God awful company do not use Curry's! Thanks for taking my money and not giving me my products isn't that essentially theft?"
"WORST customer experience and INCOMPETENCE - team knowhow TERRIBLE, SHAMEFUL AND RIDICULOUS is summary don't EVER return an item to currys and expect your money back, I've been in hell chasing my money for TV PHILIPS 43PUS6703/12 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV, I returned since 4th Feb 2019- that is 37 DAYS and NOTHING IS HAPPENING STILL team know-how customer server keep pushing me to Gift Card team(which is not customer contactable)- the trouble is they don't get ANY update and Gift Card team has done nothing so far regarding my refund WORST is below - I called around 20 times, been told it will take 5-7 working days, but when I call after the period, they say Gift Card team has not processed it, so I ask , ask them to process it, they say we did BUT they are lying - I discovered 20 days after that they have not processed any thing- DESPITE one of advisors telling me they dispatched my Gift Card? LYING - when I asked for escalation, an advisor reluctantly didn't want to escalate to a manager, but I pushed him, he said he did it and I will receive a call from manager tomorrow BUT I didn't * when I called next day, I found he did it wrong and another advisor told me he has now escalated it to manager and i will receive a call from manager tomorrow. He bragged " I am 56 years old and been in this job for long so I am doing it right" * YET I didn't receive the call from a manage next day and when I called a 3rd advisor told me it WAS NEVER escalated- THEY ARE LYING AGAIN * the 3rd advisor finally escalated it to manager and manager called me and promised to solve it - BUT WHEN? I have been told for the 3rd time now my eGift card was sent by email and I keep calling telling them I have not received it- yet the manager " Natasha" DON'T SEEM to care and didn't follow up with me at all DESPITE my 2 calls after her call RUBBISH, DIS-ORGANIZED, PATHETIC service will advise strongly not to buy if you are going to require customer service at all better buy somewhere else. they are slow and not at all helpful, they don't do anything and keep hiding behind " there is nothing I can do""
"Complaint CC3931795 Ref 7426483045 I have called and made a complaint on several occasions and I am still waiting for my washing machine to be integrated. It was delivered in Decembet and it is now March and it still has not been intergrated. I am constantly given dates and times from the complaints manager, promising the engeneers will intergrate the machine. However they fo not turn up. I paid for installation of an intergrated washing machine and yet this has not materialised. All I want is for my washing machine to be installed and move on from this unecessary stress- as it will almost be three full months since the machine was delivered"
"I Bought an LG tv at Curry’s Longwell Green, BRISTOL on Sunday. It was not in stock . I was told if I wanted it that day I could drive to Taunton, or Swindon ! Then I was told there were 16 in Cribbs Causeway , Bristol. I opted to wait for delivery. I was advised I would get a call on Tuesday to arrange delivery. No call till a text on Thursday to say it would be delivered the following Thursday= 11 days from purchase ! Today , I get an email from Curry’s hoping I am enjoying putting my feet up to watch my tv! I wish I was! I also wish I had purchased it from Amazon with next day delivery for free! I chose to support a local store but it is hardly surprising they are closing all over town with this rubbish service. The store could care less! It’s out of their hands . I was also asked to buy an extended warranty for which the starting price was £159. After declining 5 times, the price was dropped 5 times , finally to £30!"
"I have been to Currys in Longwell Green , BRISTOL to buy a tv. The 1st time I left the store because the staff were less knowledgeable than me and had little customer service skills. When I went back a few days later when I had cleared my head, I was lucky enough to bump into the LG TV regional manager who happened to be in the store . As no Currys staff were about he helped me tremendously and spent over 20 minutes showing me all the features and answering all my questions even though he was not there as a sales person. I wish I had taken his name so I could thank him. My next review is not so favourable for the subsequent lack of service from Curry’s and their delivery partners."
"We would like to praise Matt at Currys Avonmeads Bristol for his patience expert immense knowledge and help in answering our millions of questions and advising us on which Freeview TV Recorders would suit our ariel without his advice we would have bought the wrong product he is a huge asset to the Company."
"I didn't even want to give them 1 star! I have been waiting a month! For an oven to be delivered & fitted. We paid for fitment, only to be lied to by the first fitter (who obviously couldn't be bothered to do the job) saying the gas pipe wasn't adequate, it is a 22mm pipe... I almost paid for an electrician to install wiring for an electric oven which would of cost £'s, until a friend advised me the pipe is in fact adequate.  Rearranged for the original oven to be delivered & Fitted, for them to deliver it & say they've been driving too long to install so we will have to wait 4 days for install, so now I have two ovens in my kitchen that I can't use!  Call customer service & they have no interest in a refund of fitting costs, I can't get through to a manager no matter how many times I insisted. I am currently waiting for a phone call back from a manager but they have said this before & not called back!  Never! Will I buy anything from curry's again, no care for customers at all!"
"All greeting very helpful staff specifically Liam the salesman"
Currys is rated 2.17 based on 1,667 reviews