Coverwise Reviews

6% of reviewers recommend Coverwise
11AM
11AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Coverwise?

About Coverwise: Coverwise Travel Insurance, prices from just £1.76 - Experienced at providing great value, comprehensive travel insurance. Coverwise – Low cost Travel Insurance offering great cover, easy and efficient online purchase, payment and policy issue, UK customer service centres, 24/7 medical assistance.

77 79 High Street
Steyning
West Sussex

Categories:
Finance & Insurance
Travel Insurance
Finance & Insurance
Travel Insurance

Tell us how Coverwise made you happy

Telephone
"if i could give these jokers minus stars I would. Whats the point of having insurance if they wont cover you if you cant go on your holiday due to a terrorist attack ( Sri Lanka)? They have been unhelpful and adamantly refuse to refund or at least look into refunding part of the cost of the holiday that we had to cancel due to Foreign Office advice. Ironically by not covering those who are affected by terrorist attacks that indicated that they would prefer you to travel to a dangerous place, but then again if you did do that your insurance would be void. So you are punished whatever you do. I would steer well clear, but if you do have to use these charlatans then get the travel disruption add on but please go with another operator i implore you to do so. No doubt I will get a response saying some party line copy pasta about talking to the airline ( i have done and the airline wont refund us either we should speak to our insurance provider) or that we aren't covered for some inane reason. Again I would choose another provider for travel insurance and dont believe their verified status on Money Supermarket. These guys are terrible and wont help you if you are in trouble."
Are you Coverwise? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"The worst travel insurance I have ever come across. My makeup bag with £1000 worth of cosmetics was stolen from my checked suitcase whilst travelling. Coverwise said they will not pay out because the contents were in my checked suitcase and the only way they will pay for items is if they are in a locked safe? Absolutely awful customer service it is just a pure scam and will get out of paying any way possible. I do not know why I bothered getting travelling insurance in the first place with cover wise as I was not covered for any of the issues that occurred during travel. I would recommend to avoid at all costs."
"I couldn't agree more with the other reviews. Coverwise and the underwriter AXA must be avoided at all costs. Ended up in hospital whilst abroad in January 2019 and A&E attempted to contact AXA so many times without success. Came back and attempted to claim but they refuse to pay because my GP stated that I was waiting for an MRI on my back, but AXA turned that around and said that I was awaiting for results. Bottom line my hospitalisation was for severe gastroenteritis and nothing to do with back etc. The policy wording is confusing and contradicting and in spite of my many emails and complaints I got nowhere. I've now referred the case to the FSO and shall see what happens. Stay clear from this company at all costs."
"Got a travel insurance deal on compare the meerkat and whilst on holiday part of my journey (by train) was canceled due to flooding that had wiped out a railroad. Stranded we were left with no option but to get a flight to the next destination and be put up two extra nights at the hotel. Rang Coverwise today to find out that I had not been given a policy that included "travel disruptions" even though I made it clear I would be traveling from place to place. Con artists, this company shouldn't be trusted!"
"Terrible. Refused to pay out as they said I didn't declare a pre existing medical condition. I don't have any medical condition I have however been to see the GP in the last 5 years which apparently is a condition. Avoid"
"I'm just going paste the email I've just sent them. I spoke to my bank as regards to not being able to complete the transaction for the holiday insurance. Advised that was due to the payment being specifically set to recur every 12 months, from my account. I specifically said I did not wish this to happen prior to attempting to make the payment to your operative.   Fortunately I'm on a visa debit card, therefore unable to set up direct debits from that card.  I wonder how many people have completed this transaction. It may be a small amount, but also a potential unnoticeable amount when unknowingly coming out of your account 12 months later.  Following advise from my bank and the opinion I have formed I have purchased my insurance elsewhere.  I have recommended that my friends go elsewhere and I'm about to leave you a review.  My last contact with your agent was over the phone, which I believe you record. From which all of the above can be confirmed  Show quoted text"
"I wish I would never insure my car with AXA. If you don`t want to stay on phone by hours, if you don`t want to have your car to be repaired in two months after the minimum accident, if you don`t want to loose your NO claim bonus even if the accident wasn`t your fault and much more if.... then AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!!! They never gave a single call back, they ignor e-mails, almost every time you speak to somebody they keep redirecting you to another worker and they promice to act immediately and do it again and again in a week, in a month in a few months. I`ve got really negative experience with AXA and I`m leaving them without sorted out my problems. IT`S WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY."
"Complete scam!!! Don’t use these people!!! Cost us thousands, utter rubbish!!!"
"THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!!!!!! I have just had my claim turned down as they say as I ticked the box that says my wife has no pre-existing medical issues. They said as my wife has been to see a doctor in the last 5 years! this counts as pre-existing. They are a dirt bag operation and I'm going to make them pay!!!!!!!!!!SCUM......."
"After 4 months of emailing scanned documents, phoning to chase then having to email the documents to different addresses eg. Axa, TSLiberty, they refused to pay because my husband had had beer at the time of his first seizure!"
"Avoid - I have been conned out of the policy fee and been mis-sold insurance. I stated I needed single trip travel insurance for a one night trip within the UK, they accepted my request and insured me. I needed to claim, they have said I am not covered due to my annual multiple trip travel insurance - this is not what I purchased. I let them know my exact requirements and they happily took my money, but are now saying I am not covered now I need to make a claim! Will be taking the matter further with the FOS. Disgusting! I would honestly issue zero or minus 1 start if it were possible, they are that poor."
"I would give them zero star rating. Useless travel insurance company. A simple claim for a stolen passport and return flights home and they continually delay processing the claim. They rarely contact you, even though they claim to have phoned you. When you contact them by phone, their staff don’t understand English. Never again will I buy insurance through this company."
"Coverwise (AXA) are all well and good unless you want to make and claim and then they will go through your medical history with a fine tooth comb looking for any excuse not to pay the full amount. Never again with this company!"
"WARNING - Be careful before you choose this insurer or their underwriters AXA - quick to be friendly and take your money for cover - but when I had to make a claim after holiday cancellation (due to husband's illness which in itself was very traumatic) - and despite completing complicated forms and getting signed medical certificates and letters from hospital - no payout and they weren't interested in the detail. Very upsetting in the circumstances. Separate insurance company (for my husband) paid, no quibble..."
"Broke a tooth in Zante, paid the bill and sent the receipt back to Coverwise on my return, quick form to complete and reimbursed with 14 days. Was sceptical of getting my money having read the reviews but my personal experience has been very good and I have nothing but a positive review to leave."
"Avoid pointless “Annual Multi Trip Insurance” as it provides no useful cover. We paid over £50 for annual cover. We then had a slightly unlucky year and had two holidays heavily disrupted/ cancelled. One to Indonesia (Earthquakes) and one to New York (Primera airline going bankrupt cancelling all flights). In both cases Coverwise didnt provide any compensation to book new flights (or pay for the old ones) or pay for the hotels we couldn’t Get to which I thought would be quite standard items. If you read the policy they only cover 5 extremely narrow circumstances in which they will pay anything in the event of your holiday being cancelled."
"DO NOT TAKE OUT A COVERWISE/AXA POLICY I took out a Coverwise policy for a family holiday to Lanzarote. Unfortunately on our second night, our villa in Playa Blanca was burgled. Many hundreds of Euros were stolen together with electrical items and purses and driving licences. I made contact with the Coverwise claims number, this is operated by AXA. I spoke to someone in Mauritius who spoke very little English, this combined with the delay on the line made the already stressful experience even worse. The Coverwise/AXA insurance is totally useless and I would advise anyone considering taking out a policy with them, to get cover elsewhere. A policy is only any good when you have to make a claim. It's pointless paying money for a policy, that when it comes to the crunch, you have to speak to someone in a different country who does not understand you. Upon return to the UK I made contact with Coverwise and explained the situation. There was no great concern as they stated that the policy is operated by AXA and they deal with all claims. I enquired regarding medical cover and if medical assistance was needed whilst on holiday abroad, where would the call be directed and could I speak to someone in the UK. I was advised that the call could be directed to anywhere in the world and it depended where you were calling from. Regarding future travel insurance, I would suggest checking where claims/medical emergency calls are directed. If you are directed to a UK call centre, you might pay a bit more however you would have the peace of mind knowing that in an emergency, you will be able to explain the circumstances of what you have experienced to someone who can understand you."
"NEVER use axa for travel insurance or anyone underwritten by them. My girlfriend fell ill with meningitis whilst in Hong Kong and needed 3 weeks of treatment. Axa have been absolutely appalling - finding any way of weaselling out of paying and making it confusing and difficult to challenge anything. They made a traumatic experience even more stressful for someone who was suffering from swelling around the brain - which can be made worse from stress. To add insult to injury they have acknowledged their bad treatment of us and offered £100 in compensation but still not dealt with the actual claim which is tens of thousands. We are now having to go through the financial ombudsman. Avoid at all costs."
"Needed emergency surgery while on holiday and can't get through to anyone- all lines on perpetual loops (by design) and no response to over 20 emails...DONT TOUCH this company it is obviously just a front to take money and not under written by AXA as they claim"
"Can't be bothered attitude for returning customer, renewed policy and already had medication on it for myself, renewed over the phone and Coverwise agent made a mistake and put NO medication ?? I checked the policy and noticed the mistake but was told I had to pay again ( twice) and wait for the original refund. This guy wasn't bothered and had a can't be bothered attitude. I asked to speak to his maanger SUE who was too busy to speak to me. I was advised there might be an additional cost for the tablet I take for ANXIETY ??? Check your policy everyone, if its worded wrong then it's classed as your fault. Coverwise didn't seem bothered if I went elsewhere, my advice is choose a company who values their customers. This was my 4th year with them too."
Coverwise is rated 1.28 based on 54 reviews