Clintons Reviews

Langston Road

Categories:
Gifts & Gadgets
Gifts & Gadgets

How would you rate Clintons ?

Shirley Thompson
Verified Reviewer
"I ordered a valentine card on 10th Feb and i know i did not pay express delivery but i thought that 4 days would be plenty of time for me to get the card. But i was shocked when the card did not turn up until the 16th . I usually get my cards from Moonpig but liked the words on the Clintons card but it seems i will be going back to Moonpig as they can get it to you within 2 days. Had to use last years card for my Partner. Not Happy."
"Went into Clinton's at the mall in Bristol this last weekend. 2 assistants were at 2 tills, one on her mobile phone the other serving a customer. Once the customer left it was my turn. The girl hardly spoke to me instead she carried on a conversation with the other girl about doing extra hours: the girl who was on her mobile said one of the girls she interviewed and offered a job to didn't show up so she could maybe have those hours. In between their conversation the cashier asked if I wanted a bag. She then told me the amount and asked if I'd like stamps. I said no. She continued talking to her colleague whilst my purchase was progressing. I almost had to stretch over to get the receipt! Shame because Clintons have a fab selection of cards....they just need to up their service to avoid losing customers!"
"I went into a store to buy a card and was approached by an assistants asking me to join their reward scheme, I said no thanks, 1 minute later another assistant asked me the same question, I said no thanks , but she wouldn't take no for an answer and continued to pressure me to join. I have been told they have to find so many customers each to join everyday or face a disciplinary I walked out without making a purchase which is a shame because they do have lovely cards but I could do without the hassle."
"Whatever you do DONT use their online service. The delivery company are a joke. They screw up and then lies about it. I ended up having to buy a substitute card due to their failures. Will never order from these guys online again."
Kath Coutanche
"Brilliant sale items to be had. Other cards shops may seem cheaper but Clintons have good sales on and can get good quality cards from 99p."
"Staff at your shop were marvelous"
"No paper bags!! Having to pay 5p for a tiny plastic one. Lost my custom totally."
"Excellent choice of cards. Only place could find granddaughter 16th card"
"It maybe a nice place to shop but when you work there it takes like a year ???????? ???? ???? for them to give you the correct amount of wages they give you ???? pay and expect you to live and take care of yourself and be able to work I left there in September 2016 and they were supposed to pay me the full amount of money for the hours that I was working there but instead they did not pay full amount of money they did this with my first pay and I told them they still failed to rectify the problem so now I waiting for my first and last pay to be rectified the only cons are team members are nice and you get 40% discount but it not an advantage if I have no money spend on discounts when I can bearly look after myself and my family with the money they provided me I keep calling them and sending emails for to them to sort it out but they keep telling me they will get back to me payroll is sorting it out I was on an 8 hour contract but I did way more hours than that for example I did 32hours on 2 weeks and when I called payroll they said the manager only put me down for less than I was doing and sent me off the manager did not even keep a copy of the hours I was supposed to be doing they (payroll) said she send the hours to them they think I did and yep guess what I am still waiting for my money oh and I am not the only person this has happened to this happened to some other people who worked there and have left the store they are still waiting to be paid right we were all supposed to be paid on the 29th of Sept 2016 and now it is October ???? Staffing issues. I'm contracted 8 hours and I have been done 12-32hours Rubbish pay you don't get paid for the hour you have to be there before your shift or the hour you have to be there after Everybody around you leaves (unsurprisingly) so you get used to their way of working and then it changes. plus a lot of times because of this there is usually not a lot of staff in so most of time until by myself for most of the day until some one else comes in and when it gets busy when I try to call other members to the till (by ringing the bell at the till) to help me on till a lot of the times no one shows up they can be nice but very unhelpful when it is busy I go to stock room to look for member of management and they are busy talking in the stock room about tv and things not doing anything. Little opportunity to progress"
"Went to buy a birthday card at a cost of £5. At check out was asked would you like a bag, a paper one would be fine I said, sorry we only have plastic at 5p each, I said no thanks and you can keep your card, went a few doors away to the card factory, purchased a similar card for £1.99 with a FREE paper bag. No wonder Clintons are struggling."
Clintons is rated 2.40 based on 10 reviews