christys-hats-com Reviews

of reviewers recommend christys-hats-com

About christys-hats-com:

At Christys' London, craft is key. Since its founding in 1773, Miller Christys' passion for impeccable quality and skilled craftsmanship has passed through generations of hat makers, safeguarding Christys' red and gold insignia as a symbol synonymous with fine traditionally crafted hats.

Official helmet manufacturer of the UK Police Force for two centuries, Christys stands as the Godfather of British hat making - not least since its Homburg hat was worn by Marlon Brando's Don Corleone. The cult of Christys is recognisable throughout cinema, fashion, music, and politics, amassing an eclectic lineup of wearers from Winston Churchill to Kate Moss, Indiana Jones to Brad Pitt.

Christys was and is a brand with an eye on the future and, while methods have remained largely unchanged and heritage is paramount, it is the capacity to transcend trends and social borders that makes Christys' hats as sought after as ever.

Historic. Iconic. Trailblazing

01993770736

16 Princes Arcade

Tell us how christys-hats-com made you happy
Order came damaged- looked like it was run over by a truck. Emailed support several times- never received a response.
I was not too impressed with the hat I purchased. The brim was stiff like plastic and the fit was terrible. On the plus side the return for a refund was acceptable.
I was lead to believe i was buying into a British institution. The website tells of the long history of Christys making hats in the UK. Turns out you make your hats in China. I felt cheated as that’s not what I was buying into. I won’t be buying from you again.
I'm sure that Cristy's makes great hats...if mine ever arrives. Eight days and Citilogistics cannot tell me where my hat is. I would rather pay more for shipping with a reputable carrier and be able to track my item accurately. Perhaps Cristy's could offer better shipping options.
I purchased three flat caps from you—one linen for summer; one wool and one waxed cotton. It hasn’t been recently, but it hasn’t been long ago and I’m still testing them for comfort and appearance. My immediate comment is that all three are too pointy on the seams at the back and skimpy; I beat the points down with my hands, which ruins the design but at least I don’t look like I am smuggling something on my head. The waxed cotton hat is for foul weather and fits better, although it is a tad too big and I’m hoping that with wear and dampness it will shrink. The other two flat caps sit nearly on the top of my head and are a bit concerning in a breeze. They cannot be ’screwed down,’ as I can screw down my cowboy hats with leather hatbands.
Could not make a long oval hat. Only round.
The hat was of acceptable as an entry level or “beginner “ hat at its price point, but was far from a great hat. It got sprinkled on one time and the hat felted up and looked lumpy all over. I could never ge it straightened out. I ended up giving it to a homeless guy within a year of purchasing it. I bought a different hat from a different maker and have had none of these issues. I have been caught in at least three downpours in my new hat and it still holds its original shape. I did pay more than four times the price though. Like my grandpa said “a deal isn’t a deal if it isn’t what you want”. That said, I do not regret buying the Christys hat. The Christys hat was good enough to see if I was going to “do hats” without spending a ton of money, but I was not at all impressed by the quality.
Would have preferred a snap brim.
Need for fits for the caps
Outwardly your hats are well made and priced keenly. The Felt you used on my model is very thick and this make the hat somewhat inflexible and heavier to wear. The hardness and coldness of inner band is unpleasant when first putting on. The outer band is a few mm over-wide and to my eye a tad pretentious. lastly being a life long hat wearer, where from other companies ideal, your sizing for me (58) is too large.
christys-hats-com is rated 4.50 based on 266 reviews