Chiswell Leisure Reviews

chiswellpools@reviews.adtrak.co.uk

Chiswell Leisure,
126 Hempstead Road,
Hertfordshire,

How would you rate Chiswell Leisure?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Our first experience of the world of hot tubs and Glynn made it very easy... despite being attracted to the expensive tubs, he took the time to understand what we actually needed and guided us to a more suitable option at a better price, but with the extras we wanted... Glynn was always available and responsive, answering all questions quickly and removing the 'fear factor' of a big ticket purchase... even when the crane cancelled on the day of delivery, he found a solution without any fuss and ensured our excitement was uninterrupted. Today he came to set-up the tub, ready to use and we cant wait! Thanks Glynn!"
"Unfortunately we cannot recommend the swimming pool installation side of this business. In spite of the apparently 'glowing' reviews - the reality of being a real user of this business, is entirely different. The pool installation was way behind schedule, the attitude of the senior person in charge, constantly defensive and unreasonable. Chiswell is definitely not the cheapest in terms of pool installation, we chose them not realising that the business is structured such that one team sells the stuff / 'the dream', very nice people, and then another side come in and take over and essentially the contract is with the 2nd group - that we did not meet at the outset. Anyway, you get the picture. One does not have a swimming pool installed regularly, so it requires being in the hands of these people, who just try and bamboozle, and do things entirely on their terms. Their typical working day was 10.00 a.m. to 4.p.m. - arriving on site at 09.45 - sitting in the van drinking coffee reading paper and then 'emerging' to do a short days' work. Hence the phenomenal time it took to complete project and huge charges."
"purchasing a spa can be a daunting experience. I have been a customer of Chiswell leisure for a number of years but only as a visitor to their fully stocked store which provided us with the chemicals we needed for our ageing Spa. It was time for a change so I started researching on line !!! the choice is endless and I visited several providers however the service that Glynn and the team provided was amazing, and very tolerant of our many...many questions. I can honestly say that from the first conversation about our needs to the innovative solution they provided when delivering and installing our Spa has been first class. It doesn't stop there, as you would expect from a well established company, the after sales is exactly what we needed to enable us to relax and enjoy our Chiswell Spa. Many thanks Team"
Melinda & Ray
Verified Reviewer
"We would highly recommend the guy's at Chiswell Leisure if your thinking of choosing a hot tub. Ian was so helpful with helping us make our choice and the logistics of getting it in place. Glynn for being at the end of the phone with the technical set-up and also coming to our house and talking us through the chemical procedure for the water."
Emma Theakston
Verified Reviewer
"Great customer service and really explained the different options - would definitely recommend"
"Highly recommend these guys they are brilliant, the support and service is second to none. They helped us choose a really good quality hot tub, that was the simple bit. They delivered it in the garden for us using there tools and gear to get around the building work we had done. Once work was complete they came back and moved it into position. Glynn who is in sales has been excellent since then answering all my questions and offering help and support, helping me get the chemical levels spot on and help with features and functions. Even when a speaker went faulty they sent an engineer straight away and got it fixed. I cannot recommend these guys highly enough. Quality tub, quality after sales support. Thanks guys �"
"I am a full-time wheelchair user and my wife and I decided to get a hot tub to help with the issues this causes and for general well-being. Glynn was fantastic and guided us towards Sundance tubs and after much discussion we decided to take the plunge. Though the arrival was unavoidably delayed when it did, the installation went smoothly, with the tub craned over the house (thankfully arranged by Glynn). Since it's been installed we have been using it daily and there is nothing like getting home from a long hard day at work and then getting into the tub to relax, unwind, and ease the aching muscles. We love it and are very happy with our purchase. Thank you Glynn and Chiswell Leisure."
Shelley Driscoll.
Verified Reviewer
"Excellent service, Glynn very professional, always at the end of the phone to awnser any questions we had."
"Great advice and extensive stocks. Good opening times."
Karen Silverton
Verified Reviewer
"Karen & Luke We bought a Catalina swim spa last summer and have been using it for just over a year. Delivery We had this delivered to site during an extension build. It turned up on the date and time as agreed. It's a big unit so won't fit down a standard width side alley, but fortunately we were able to crane it over the fence on to our property. It is very heavy so you will need hands and trolleys on site to get it into the desired position. Installation Because our builder/electrician was still on site we had this connected up to the power supply by them. It was a fairly straight forward job in their hands. They advised putting in a waterproof on / off switch on the end of the tub to allow for easy power management. After filling the tub, which took quite a while, we turned it on and followed the instructions in the user manual which were clearly written. Everything worked as expected making this an easy installation. General Maintenance We've been using the tub several times a week for a year with no troubles. Once you get used to checking the water balance and adjusting the chemical levels it's easy to know what to do to keep the spa just right. We check levels a few times a week but it only takes a couple of minutes to do this. We've cleaned the filters 4 times in the year, but should maybe do this a bit more often. The cover has been cleaned three times and it's still looking good, especially when you use the vinyl spa spray which is a recent purchase and one I'll be doing again and again - it looks like new!!. Usage We love this spa. It's been great fun with the family - we have 3 young kids and their swimming and water confidence has improved immeasurably. Winter nights are completely different experiences now - instead of being stuck inside watching the TV we can spend real family time together in the spa. As keen swimmers we've also been able to maintain our swim fitness without having to go to the sports centre. You can swim against the jets but we prefer using the supplied resistance band system. Thank you Ian & Helen - WE LOVE OUR SWIM SPA :-)"
Andrew Murray
Verified Buyer
"After choosing Chiswell pools, we have nothing but praise for Ian and his team for helping us find the correct hot tub,installing and commissioning it.Although Ian is very busy nothing is too much trouble and is always willing to help.We would also like to thank 'wez' and Joel who installed the tub.We would thoroughly recommend Chiswell pools for quality products and installation."
Holly Harding
Verified Buyer
"Super friendly and knowledgeable staff. I received efficient and expert service when I purchased my hot tub....delighted!"
"Been charged twice on vat product, 25 minute job and been charged 139£, avoide, will be reported"
"They are very helpful polite and friendly people I have had various problems with my pool and they have guided me through all of them.i would recommend them to anybody that is having pool problems they also have everything you need to keep your pool maintained and more"
Chiswell Leisure is rated 4.47 based on 15 reviews