CCTV Builder Reviews

Tell us how CCTV Builder made you happy
Swift and efficient
Perfect !! really
product was good
Just got ripped off for the 24hr postage, as it took 3 days to arrive and iv'e emailed them twice with no reply, wouldn't buy from them again
Fast shipping to Ireland.
Perfect service!
Product wasnt in stock, Chris mailed me it would take 3-4 weeks.

But after 1 week i recieved a shipping label and the items came in a perfect condition with a competitive price! Will order again soon.
We have tried to call so many times.
Badly let down.
Our item did not arrive and we paid additional postage for 24 hour delivery.
Why wont you contact me.
ps I want a full refund.
Ordered texecom dummy alarm only sent dummy back plate still waiting for a reply to my message re ordering front cover which was showed as one on internet!!
Very good service, fantastic quality of stock. I looked all over For Haydon DC jacks and couldn’t find them but this company stocked them, not the cheap ones. Will definitely be doing more business with cctv builder
I've used CCTV Builder 3 times and have no hesitation in recommending them. I shop around to find the best price for Hikvision cameras and so far CCTV Builder has always been the cheapest. I can't comment on customer service as I've not needed to contact them. The equipment has always arrived well packaged. DPD have a good app for tracking deliveries. As I write this I'm expecting another camera today that I ordered online yesterday even though I paid the cheaper 3-5 days delivery. I'm a very happy CCTV Builder customer.
Good price good products
Good price for a handy piece of equipment
Very good service, except, given 4 star as the item took a week to arrive when It stated that the item was in stock.
Very poor experience, wouldn't use again and would advise you to go elsewhere. This company is un-contactable, I have emailed and telephoned and they do not answer.
I have recently placed two small orders with CCTV builder for intruder alarm components. I have previously had no contact with this supplier and found them through their website.

The reasons I chose this supplier are that their prices were excellent, the delivery charges reasonable and the components were readily available.

The delivery of the first order was entirely satisfactory but something went badly wrong with the second.

Dispatch of the secomd order took nearly 3 weeks and eventual notification of despatch was very confused coming not from CCTV Builder in Preston, but OBBS in Bolton. It seems that OBBS have the next site in Fulwood to CCTV Builder. Are they the same company?

I was unable to contact CCTV Builder by telephone; messages left on an answering machine were never answered.

I was notified that the order would be delivered on the 28th September and DPD would let me know the time of delivery. The goods eventually arrived on the 29th.

The packaging was entirely inadequate. The goods were simply put in a polythene envelope with no other protection at all. Fortunately the goods were undamaged.

I understand that the company might be working under exceptional circumstances but I would want some assurance of much better service than for my second order and some information about who I am dealing with before placing another.
Ordered a panic alarm unit and paid a (massive) premium for 24 hour delivery. However wrong unit arrived after three days with no reset key.

So, nothing was right about the order and the delivery time was a joke.

All in all a terrible experience.
1st class company with some great deals on CCTV components very quick on delivery
It started off well in that the prices were competitive and everything that I needed was in stock according to the website.

Having placed the order my delivery didn't turn up when expected and after communicating with them I was told that some items, well actually most of the items, were due to arrive from the supplier in the coming days. So, not only was my delivery slot missed but when questioned, the items weren't even available some time after the delivery was due. How does that work? So much for "in stock".

In fairness, they shipped what they could once prodded and the rest then came soon afterwards.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt. On my second order, it was just the same in that only when I nudged them did the items suddenly appear to ship.

Communication with their admin email address never resulted in a response, only via the sales email address (which I came across by accident).

Having now installed everything, one item is faulty, as diagnosed between myself and the manufacturer. I've asked cctv builder three times what the returns procedure is. There has been no response whatsoever, not even via the sales email address.

I'm lucky in that the defective item didn't cost much and I will probably have to write this off and buy another elsewhere. I'm thankful that it wasn't a big ticket item.

I worked in customer service and ran my own customer service company for many years. Customer service is important to me and appreciate the difficulties both as a customer and as a service provider. My expectation is, I feel, reasonable, but I feel both ignored and mislead in my dealings with cctv builder.
CCTV Builder is rated 4.47 based on 173 reviews