Cawdor Stone Gallery Reviews

Read Cawdor Stone Gallery Reviews

info@cawdorstonegallery.co.uk

Cawdor House London Road Hertfordshire

Tell us how Cawdor Stone Gallery made you happy
Awful, awful experience with this company!

I can see they have had good reviews over the years so maybe something has changed, or maybe the company has been affected by the current situation, or maybe we are just the unlucky customers.

Either way, we are extremely disappointed, upset and frustrated that we have been left with a poor-quality, ill-fitting worktop and since installation a couple of months ago now there has been nothing from Cawdor to resolve this.

For the premium price you pay on Cawdor's worktops I would expect a premium service from the start, a premium product, and premium after care.

When we first visited the showroom we were given no advice; we had to approach the man ourselves & received short, almost-moody answers to our questions.

Nonetheless, we decided to choose our Silestone Negro Tebas Suede (Black) worktop through Cawdor as we trusted the reviews, but I guess you can't always trust where they've come from and remember there's always an exception!

The templater that came to measure up made no comments to us that the units weren't precisely level so when the operatives came to fit the worktop we were informed there would be a gap between the worktop and the unit which would be filled in with silicone. The operatives later told us that eventually this would start to look "tatty". Already, we have have a worktop that looks amateur...
Yes, it was our responsibility to ensure the units were level, and we were under the impression they were, but when the templater came why was it not told to us then so we could sort it out before installation? This guy had a long spirit-level that could easily detect this and yet he mentioned nothing to us, nor on the paperwork that he took back to the operatives.

After installation we noticed two perfectly shaped, cloudy discoloured marks that were lighter than the rest of the worktop. We complained. We have since then had Cawdor's operatives as well as a Silestone representative try to clean these areas vigorously. Without success they have chalked it up to being a natural part of the stone... Then why try cleaning these areas in the first place?! They have also claimed you can only see it from a certain angle, in a certain light. Which is a completely false statement. We have noticed it in many different lights and angles. They came to check on only one day, at one time of the day, during one type of weather condition so how can they possibly claim that?! Also, if this truly was a "natural part of the stone" why are these marks in only two places and why are the marks perfectly shaped as if something has been resting on the surface for a long period of time?! Also, after doing research - lighter coloured marks are usually a sign of chemical damage, not a "natural part of the stone". Also, again if this truly is a "natural part of the stone" why were we not informed of this at time of purchase with Cawdor?!

Not being satisfied with their excuse for these marks we have pushed back to Cawdor the reasons why. We listed out our counter points to their findings and Cawdor have claimed that these points are for Silestone head office to answer. Four weeks later, with us chasing every week, we have still heard nothing back from Cawdor or Silestone. We were then promised we would hear back Tuesday/Wednesday of this week but surprise, surprise we have not...

So, 2 months after installation and Cawdor are happy to let their customers, who have paid a premium price, not have any resolution on this. Our contract & our service is with Cawdor so it's time for them to take responsibility and sort something out for us, and they can deal with Silestone, who their contract is with, in the background. Again, even if this is a "natural part of the stone", we were not advised of this?! At the end of the day we are not happy with this look...

On top of this, we were never made aware from Cawdor just how much maintenance is involved with this type of worktop we've chosen. Stains, lines & marks just from water, and even from cleaning the worktop with the advised water & Ciff, show up so easily. It's an absolute nightmare to keep it looking clean, without any marks. If we had been given proper customer service upfront when choosing the product, with advice & warnings, we may have re-considered.

You may be lucky if you choose this company but if you aren't, like us, then don't expect any sort of resolution...
Simply outstanding. The workmanship was immaculate. Service from Cawdor was excellent from beginning to end.
I used Cawdor to fit the worktops in my son's kitchen a year ago and I was extremely impressed by Cawdor staff, from showroom to installation. So I went back to Cawdor with a small problem with my own kitchen granite worktop that had been installed by a different company several years ago. The joint between the worktops had opened up and the resin broken out and despite my best efforts with tubes of shop bought resin, I couldn't get a decent joint. The chaps from Cawdor came today and have made a fantastic repair of the joint. They took the time and trouble to level out the worktops first and then were meticulous in effecting a perfect joint. Brilliant! I would highly recommend this company for customer service.
We recently used Cawdor for our granite in the kitchen. From start to finish the service was excellent. One of the best things was being able to go to their suppliers and pick our slabs of granite. The attention to detail from Cawdor templating to fitting was exceptional. Thankyou Cawdor.
Helpful service in the gallery and incredibly professional, friendly service from the gentlemen tenplating and fitting. Highly recommend.
Cawdor came to the rescue, after being let down by another firm. From the first call to install nothing but professional and awesome. From fitting to installed. Big Dave ways a star, great fitter. You wont do better I think .

And so love the curves on the worktop exactly what we asked for. even to my little wedge I wanted.

Can totally recommend :)
Cawdor Stone Gallery 5 star review on 5th December 2018
I have used Cawdor for many years, and recommended them to friends and colleagues who have also used them, and they have never done anything other than provide an excellent, professional service from the first phone call through to the fitting. Cannot recommend highly enough.
We have just had our new quartz kitchen worktops fitted, and have been really impressed with the whole process. Jaro did our templating, and he was so helpful, taking time to point out details for our consideration which we had not even thought of (particularly the access to the extraction hood lights) and taking very precise measurements. The fitting was done by Neil, whi is a stone mason, and son of a master mason, so with pride in the work. It was done with very little disruption to our day, one week after templating as promised, and to a very high standard. Everything was left absolutely clean, and Neil also explained how to maintain the worktops to keep them pristine. We have no hesitation recommending Cawdor Stone Gallery for a high quality installation at a fair cost. Thank you.
Very good service and top quality stone beautifully finished. They go out of their way to keep the customer happy.
Cawdor have done a first class job and were good to deal with from start to finish. A special thank you to James and Carl. My worktops look beautiful and I would not hesitate to recommend them.
Cawdor were amazing, really helpful quick to respond to emails. From templating to fitting turnaround was very fast. The worktops are fitted beautifully with high quality finish. They look amazing and we are extremely happy with the service we received. Would definitely recommend.
Absolutely first class service and very professional company.
We would highly recommend to anyone needing this service.
Both Carl and Tony were absolutely superb and it’s a real pleasure to do business with such a professional organisation.
Excellent and very thorough service from start to finish. Staff were polite, professional and delivered exactly what they said they would. Superb result.
Excellent service from Cawdor, from our first visit to the showroom to final fitting, nothing was too much trouble and great help when so many colors to chose from. Quality finish, very pleased with our new kitchen worktop.
I am so delighted with my new kitchen worktop which looks so much better than I could have hoped for. Like others, I too must say what an excellent company and how professional everyone is to deal with. From showroom to templaters and finally the fitters everything was made easy for me. I received excellent advice and the fitters have done a marvellous job without fuss and minimal disturbance.
Thank you everyone for your wonderful service and I'm very happy to recommend your company.
-----Original Message-----

I just wanted to write and thank you and the whole team at Cawdor. My worktops are absolutely stunning and better than I could have imagined. From my visit to the showroom , to my obtaining a very competitive quote through to the templating and fitting the service - everything has been exemplary and it has been a pleasure to deal with every person involved. It was a very difficult kitchen being grade 2 listed and ‘wonky’ but the fit is perfect.
Everyone we met.... from the showroom staff, to the templater, to the installation team were enthusiastic, courteous and conscientious. The worktop is also exactly as we hoped for, thoroughly recommend this firm.
Cawdor is a very professional company and this reflects on the way they carry out the work from the choosing of worktop to the measuring and fitting, all times and dates were kept and no deviation from the price quoted. All the work went very smoothly and the worktops look great. It's nice to be able to rely on a local company. Thanks so much for a stress free process.
Really impressed with Cawdor, stuck to the timetable, very professional fitters and we are more than delighted with our new worktops ,couldn’t be happier.Everyone very helpful
We are so pleased with our new granite worktops. We viewed several companies and Cawdor's showroom was excellent and James was very attentive and helpful. We were very specific how we wanted our granite to be cut, to maximise the colour within the grain. Outstanding craftsmanship and superb attention to detail, created an absolute first class service. Everyone was all highly professional and extremely friendly. We would have no hesitation to highly recommend Cawdor to anyone.
Cawdor Stone Gallery is rated 4.93 based on 58 reviews