CarShop Reviews

24% of reviewers recommend CarShop
10PM
10PM
Click Here

Tell us how CarShop made you happy

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Over a week
"Bought mini countryman on a sunday from wakefield. Next day phoned call centre at Sheffield 20 minutes to answer told them stop start wasn't working and annoying tapping coming from rear drivers side also service light on even though service book stamped 4 weeks before , got booked in for check for following week . Sat waiting for 2 hours while car been checked , stop start needs a new battery , tapping noise not found service light still showing , waste of time . Called in 2 weeks later to see if battery had arrived and to complain about service light to store manager at first he wasn't going to do the brake fluid change but then changed his mind and booked it in with battery change and look for tapping noise . Called in one week later for appointment waited 3 hours got car back new battery for stop start, brake fluid changed or so they say tapping still tapping , they couldn't find the noise. One of the staff gave me a direct telephone number to call if any problems . That day later on at night I was driving and it began to rain so put wipers on they were going all over the place and came off onto the bonnet and scratched it ,apparently to change the battery on a mini countryman you have to remove the wipers by unbolting them . These had been undone but not tightened up and the stop start was still not working so next day phoned direct number and nobody answered all day so at about 4 o'clock I phoned Sheffield she said she would get wakefield to phone me the next day the next day came and went no phone call and no phone call since . I would like to know email address to complain to if anyone could help me . I got the stop start repaired at my local garage it is working fine now thank you Shaun Dolan Leeds"
Are you CarShop? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Definately sales team are a joke never buy from carshop waste of time and money once purchased will never solve ur queiry😡😡"
"Not good to buy from at all Bought a car from the warrington branch. When we started looking for a car online we managed to find one of interest to us. At the time of looking the car was £7859 we drove down to warrington to go and have a look at the car the car its self looked very nice and in good condition and indeed the price of the car was the same with the details in the window. We took the car for a test drive and liked it so began the process of trading ours in and buying that particular car. The sales guy brought the car up on the computer and started going through figures etc which didn't really add up and I found out that they had added an admin fee on plus all the so called optional extras which they didnt even ask if we wanted them. I told them to take them all off and I must admit the mood somewhat changed the sales guy logged out his computer walked over to the manger after a while he came back apologised and logged back on to his computer and brought the car back up....and low and behold the actual price of the car had gone up to £8009 ????? (Do your maths and surprise surprise it had gone up the amount of the admin fee I had told them to knock off) I questioned this and he said o we always go off the internet price not the price in the window of the car ""which is wrong to do that" so I said why has that car suddenly gone up from this afternoon on the internet which was at the time the same price as on the screen of the car, again....all I got was we have to go off the internet price and he was at this point somewhat sheepish. After speaking with my partner for a few seconds we decided to still proceed with buying the car. At this point another sales guy took over and then told us that because we wasnt paying the admin fee I had to prove to them that there was no outstanding finance on the car so I had to pay for one on my phone. (Again just the company taking a huff because I'd spotted all the extras and refused them) they already knew at the point of valuation that there was no outstanding finance against the trade in car.....diabolical....Once all the paperwork was done and we went over to the handover department the advisor there was pleasant enough and went through a few things with us. At this stage we found out that the supposed 5 day FREE insurance hadnt been put in place basically because we had told them to take the extras and admin fee off....why do these companies plug and advertise benefits like this and class it as FREE when actually they disguise it as an admin fee absolutely shocking.....makes me wonder how many people actually get ripped off by these types of companies. And to be honest even if we had got the car at the actual price it was stated at originally before they changed it because they had took the huff with us for taking all the extras off it was at best mid range price!  Dont use them, if you do take a screen shot as I have done before you go and watch for the fees and extras which they automatically put on  Gina fox"
"Mike P. from swindon give us a warm welxome .he is very supportive and very proffesional in his job."
"first is the warm welcome and the person who serve us which is very helpful and very professional with their job."
"I have come into the carshop, I have received a warming welcome from a sales advisor called Zain, absolutely excellent service couldn’t have had it better. Thank you Zain and the carshop!"
"DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM HERE!!! They don’t service the cars before they sell them to you, they just pretend to!!! Be careful if you have a service plan with them. Do your best to check that they have actually serviced the car."
"Harry Davies at Swindon Carshop has a really friendly & helpful approach. Really easy transaction, good price for the car. Many thanks!"
"Harry Davies was very supportive and very patient in helping us of buying our astral yy13fmo on 29.9.2019, I was extremely happy with his advice and politeness on getting me all the information about my car. Thanks a lot Mr Davies"
"Sales team are an absolute joke,I have to agree with previous reviews, they insist I use their finance and not my own even though they cannot beat the deal from my finance company, simply will not deal with my finance company even though I bought my existing car from them !. Insisted on a card payment deposit before even going into the finance side. They have now lost a 8k+ car sale and a loyal returning customer.... never again!"
"Sales team are an absolute joke, they insisted I use their finance and not my own even though they cannot beat the deal from my finance company, simply will not deal with my finance company even though I bought my existing car from them (then carpeople) using this finance company !. Insisted on a card payment deposit before even going into the finance side. They have now lost a 8k+ car sale and a loyal returning customer.... never again!"
"if anyone is thinking about buying a car from Car Shop... DONT! 12 months ago I spent just over £9000 on a Nissan qashqai, within a week it was back at the car shop as simple things like the windows weren’t working, the mot that they assured me was clean actually wasn’t... and the engine was making an awful noise! They claimed to fix these yet the car continued to break and have problems, it went back three times for the engine and they assured me that there wasn’t any problems. While investigating a problem with the car alarm, they managed to crush a wire. Leaving me driving a dangerous car with no rear lights for the whole 6 months of winter! (See attached photo) Over the space of 11 months, the car had been back to the car shop over 20 times! Things that they had ‘fixed’ hadn’t been fixed. Parts that they ‘replaced’ hadn’t been replaced. 11 months after buying the car, the noise originally reported got louder and the engine failed on a main road in town. Despite reporting this problem within 7 days of buying the car, car shop are accepting no responsibility. Car shop are a joke, their cars are dangerous and they are fully aware of that! Once they have your money they don’t care!"
"If anyone is thinking about buying a car from Car Shop... DONT! 12 months ago I spent just over £9000 on a Nissan qashqai, within a week it was back at the car shop as simple things like the windows weren’t working, the mot that they assured me was clean actually wasn’t... and the engine was making an awful noise! They claimed to fix these yet the car continued to break and have problems, it went back three times for the engine and they assured me that there wasn’t any problems. While investigating a problem with the car alarm, they managed to crush a wire. Leaving me driving a dangerous car with no rear lights for the whole 6 months of winter! (See attached photo) Over the space of 11 months, the car had been back to the car shop over 20 times! Things that they had ‘fixed’ hadn’t been fixed. Parts that they ‘replaced’ hadn’t been replaced. 11 months after buying the car, the noise originally reported got louder and the engine failed on a main road in town. Despite reporting this problem within 7 days of buying the car, car shop are accepting no responsibility. Car shop are a joke, their cars are dangerous and they are fully aware of that! Once they have your money they don’t care!"
"Disgusting after sales took no responsibility for any faults found. Once they have your money they don’t wanna know. KEEP AWAY"
"Very good experience. Andrew banies was Easy to deal with."
"Worst second hand car dealer I have ever come across. The after sales is disgusting. You can't actually speak to anyone. Car is faulty say after collecting it"
"Went to car shop today to view a VW Passat. Wouldn’t show it to me unless I gave them my details. What the hell is that about, I will never use them again."
"Worst aftercare I have ever experienced in my life, if you can get hold of anyone they say they’ll sort out your issue and call back but they don’t have been chasing the service history of my car for weeks now, the Cardiff branch told me it was with the car and ready to collect well it wasn’t not even washed the guardx wasn’t done no log book and no service history had to wait 4 hours to drive it away,oh and they hadn’t fixed the noisy exhaust as promised either, was told someone would take me to post office to tax car and apply for new log book after another long wait I got in my old car a sorted it myself am now having to take time off work to get the exhaust fixed by Halfords (Carshop are paying for the repair) it’s been weeks now and still no service history and nobody will respond to my emails or phone calls. I’m so disappointed with their service i wish I’d never gone there please avoid at all costs"
"Very poor customer service I reserved a car had no phone call or email despite asking for a response not the kind of service when spending 30k on a car Stay away"
CarShop is rated 2.03 based on 75 reviews