CarShop Reviews

of reviewers recommend CarShop
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Over a week

Tell us how CarShop made you happy
Would never, ever recommend. My husband purchased a car on finance for me just 4 weeks ago from Cardiff branch. The staff were very friendly and helpful on the day. But today a issue arose with the car and that’s when things have gone downhill fast. As***y at customer support bad attitude, unsympathetic, unhelpful rude and didn’t have a clue (apparently the underneath of a car is cosmetic???). R** at Cardiff branch granted was a little better but nowhere near like the branch was previously (apparently 24 years experience and he mis diagnosed a fault on photos when a mechanic at reception at a well know chain garage without looking just by going from my description took seconds) and less than 5 minutes up on ramps the car was diagnosed (reception spot on correct) and fixed. Worst part not ONCE did car shop apologise NOT ONCE even if it was insincere.
I purposefully made an appointment for early on Saturday morning after reserving the car for £99.00. This was the Bristol branch , confusion on entering the place, told to sit down and waited and waited , place empty , eventually asked if being dealt with , despite loads of staff miling around .. long a short . Loaded up my info, all good , sales men were swapped and started going through things from scratch , computer couldn’t recognise my booking, despite showing them from my phone confirmation.. I decided to walk as the service manor was shocking, asked for my refund of £99, told that would go through the customer services and now take 5 days.. the details manager Troy Power was a complete c..k, throwing the email print that I asked for confirming the refund.. I am a cash buyer, the car was there ready for a test drive, a real shame the staff and systems can not communicate in a customer friendly way.. Hopefully that won’t take ages to refund reserve deposit
Wasn't a good experience buying off the Bristol branch. The initial appointment to view the car was taken by someone who seemed to have no idea about the car and couldn't answer any sensible questions. I was then made to wait to speak to a Business Manager for some time after agreeing to proceed with the purchase. Altogether we were in there at least 2 hours just to look at and test drive a car (at no point was a drink offered and I had to ask in the end). There was also a hard sell on some vehicle paint protection which was irritating and OTT. After paying my deposit I returned the following week, again sat down with Business Manager to pay and be sold VAP (which is way overpriced if you compare online - don't buy it!) after I paid for it all, I was then dumped in a seating area for over a half hour, actually waiting to pick up my new car. I felt like they took my money and then couldn't care less. Not an enjoyable experience at all. Upon getting home, I realised there were no fitted mats (as advertised I might add). These are over £100 to buy/fit so I was disappointed. I got in touch and was told they don't advertise mats as included (which they had), but they luckily had some I could collect. As it is quite a distance from where I live, I asked to post them, which I was told would be too expensive. In the end, I have bought my own, but it shows a complete lack of ownership be denying any knowledge of the ad and then not even offering to be flexible to post them. I expect more when spending £28k on a car, they could at least stump up £10 delivery charge on the mats. Would not use again, and in fact wouldn't have carried on after the first appointment had they not had the exact car I wanted.
Fantastic experience in Carshop in Filton, really friendly, not pushy great price for my part exchange and a quick easy process. Also a great cup of coffee
My partner and I purchased a 2017 Kia Sportage GT Line from the Ashton under Lyne branch in January 2020. One of the main reasons we were attracted to the Sportage was the 7-year warranty which was promoted by their staff during the sales process. However, a few days after buying the car we noticed that the servicing, required to maintain the Kia warranty, had not been done. On further discussion with their branch it was confirmed that the ongoing servicing required by Kia, which includes servicing the car every year or 10,000 miles, whichever is the sooner, had not been done. The car had undergone one service at 23,000 miles. Before this service, the car should have had two services completed already but both were missed. As a result, the Car Shop confirmed the car no longer had a guaranteed Kia warranty. As a result, we requested a replacement car but it was found that all cars in the north-west fitting the specifications we requested had all been purchased with this same issue so we requested to return the car and a full refund. We arranged for a refund and returned the car which left my partner and new baby without a vehicle. As a result, I requested a fast transfer of the money so we could quickly buy another car which we had seen but this transfer was delayed and took five days to complete. When I spoke to the branch about the reasons for the delay they admitted that the Car Shop had sold us the car with finance still on the car which had been flagged by their finance team which resulted in them blocking the payment. This is illegal as per the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 which stipulates the seller must not sell a car with outstanding finance. They also didn't tell us the car was ex rental which they are obliged to do under the same legislation. During the discussions with the Car Shop I repeatedly made them aware that the cars were still being advertised with full-service history which is what Kia describes as being required to ensure the 7-year warranty. They acknowledged this and said it was a processing error. A month after returning the car I notice that the car, and others, are still on their forecourt and on Autotrader being advertised with a full-service history. I also asked them to ensure all people who have purchased the cars are contacted and made aware of the issue. They assured me this would happen.
Very helpful andrus helped with everything amazing service Bristol
When i first bought my car with them the sales person pushed me into a sale, Decided to get the service plan with them with that comes a mot included, get my mot and they tell me so many things is wrong with my car, went to my normal mechanics to get prices and a couple things done, for them to tell me that the car shop are trying to rip me off by saying things need work on my car when they dont. Will never ever trust this garage again
Great experience. Nathan Rimmer was amazing with helping us get our prefect family car. Really friendly staff too. From first going over to swindon car shop, deciding we would like to look at and test drive a car from their Sheffield shop, they brought it down for us and drove away with it within 7 days! Very easy process. Extremely happy with our new car. Big thanks to Nathan Rimmer at car shop Swindon!
I have had an absolutely traumatising experience with the car shop in Doncaster. Before I paid for the car in full, they couldn’t be more helpful; the customer service was fantastic. As soon as they had the money they completely changed. First of all they never mentioned an admin fee of £149 until I’d paid the £300 deposit and even then they didn’t explain what it was for. I was told I could pick up the car on Sunday and drove an hour to get it, however it then transpired that I wouldn’t be able to take the car because it didn’t have a log book and couldn’t be taxed - obviously post offices don’t open on Sundays. So a 2 hour wasted journey. Because I was not aware of what the admin fee entailed, I had changed my insurance to my new car and therefore had no insured car to get to work in on Monday, so I had to get a taxi to the train station and then a train (when I asked if any of my travel expenses would be refunded, I was told a definite no; they seemingly couldn’t care less). No one told me about the log book until I was on the m62 after work on Monday driving to Doncaster again when I got a phone call saying I needed to go into the post office now to get it sorted (because there’s lots of post offices on the m62), I explained this wasn’t possible so they said someone would take me when I arrived. They did and dumped me outside the post office in the middle of Doncaster: no idea where I was and what I was doing. Finally got all that sorted, I was then avoided like the plague and left to stand around for ages. I then queried the admin fee because they hadn’t actually told me what it is for, when they explained it it was quite obvious they hadn’t done any of it really so I asked for that to be refunded. After being passed around and having to make a fuss they finally agreed to refund that. I arrived at 5.10 and finally left at 7.00 even though everything on my part had been sorted by 10am! And when I did finally get my car there was absolutely no petrol in it (surprise surprise) but one lady did direct me to the nearest petrol station. How kind! So after all this stress, I got home at 8.30pm when I left for work at 6.45am! An awful, appalling service and experience. Never again! I would never, under any circumstance, recommend this company. My dad, who was a car salesman, would be spinning in his grave at the way these predatory salesman have treated a vulnerable young woman who was there in a strange town alone. But I suppose what should I have expected from a company thats finance department is managed by someone investigated for fraud and was happy to share this information with customers?
Northampton car shop. Professionally organised. Everyone smart and in uniforms. The guy who showed us the car and gave us the test drive was great. Couldn't fault him. However, the paperwork was not easy to understand, and I had to point out a few errors.
Carshop Doncaster we first reserved the car 3 weeks ago we left a deposit of £300 3 weeks later we went to collect the car it took that long to collect the car because they didnt have the log book . We made a appointment to collect the car then it took an hour and a half for them to hand me the keys. When it's a cash sale it shouldn't take this long. I had a 1 year old toddler with that was getting rather bored of waiting when I got the come home I noticed the car had been used after I left a deposit and put an extra 1000miles on the can alot of paint damage to the car. When I reported to the store they said they didn't know where the extra mileage had come and offered me a massive £25 refund for a 1000miles extra on the car. Yet if I was to return the car and put that much mileage on the car they would charge me £50 for 100miles and £2 every mile after that I advise you stay away from this shop and look else where if you want to be treated fairly.
Poor experience. Was given a poor part exchange price of £700 for my car by one employee then an hour later the price was reduced to £270! What a waste of time and energy. Needless to say I walked away.
FOR POTENTIAL BUYERS.. im ex employee of carshop... prep centre Leighton buzzard.. firstly all managers are milking the company hopefully sytner do an internal investigation... if you want to buy a decent car look else where .. or I recommend a brand new one on lease as the deals are always great - but take before & after shots of vehicle. Cars sold in carshop forecourts arrive at the prep centre -there they carry out all repairs from mot to paint work - all work is rushed & parts used are pattern parts meaning non-genuine... besides that it’s not just carshop it’s most dealers .. it’s profit before safety- there was good staff there all terminated or left or in fairly dismissed.....
pushy over priced cars in poor condition hard finance sell all round very bad AVOID
'Reserve This Car' rip off We reserved a Range Rover Evoque, which was not in saleroom condition, including amongst other issues, a very bodged paint job on the front bumper. The salesman, Sam, assured me we would receive our reserve deposit back within a few days. I have called Carshop on two occasions and have been totally fobbed off with really poor excuses. I would like my £99 back now, as I really don't want to waste any more of my time chasing you up, so regarding the reservation of GU66 TYY in the name of Anderson please deal with this before I resort to escalating it.
Chris beech looked after me very well answered every question I asked about the car and made a cracking pot of tea 👍
Ben at CarShop in Sheffield was brilliant in dealing with my new car. Great customer service and made me feel at ease with buying it! Grey guy and would recommend going to the Sheffield CarShop.
Kev is a wonderful salesman, he doesn’t make you feel pressured at all and supports your decisions. Swindon
Went to view a few cars on Saturday just gone. Really stupid question on walking into the place at Filton, Bristol. "What brings you here today? to which my response was to buy a caravan.... Very friendly staff and service on first impression but then realised that the salesperson was not that interested in what was being looked at very little knowledge of what was being sold. I had also done an online valuation in principle for a PX value on my current vehicle but when they did it in person they knocked £500 off to refurbish the alloy wheels. Now I wasn't really expecting the value to be the same as that stated in the online valuation but the best part of a third off was a bit of a surprise especially as the vehicle doesn't have alloy wheels - it has plastic hub caps!!!!
seen a car online, i knew exactly what i wanted so i booked an appointment for the following day, Aldi was great and talked us through everything, i decided to go ahead and part ex my audi a1, although there was nothing wrong with it i fancied a change. signed all the paperwork and drove the car away that day. they couldn’t give me the SD card or any paper work for the car as it was all in another branch, the lady said that they would recieve it in a few days from the other branch then send it to me which was fine, 2 weeks later and i am still waiting. as i was driving home, i live a 45 min drive away from cardiff, a notice come on the dash that i had to change the battery in my key fob, i rang car shop and they said we could either take it back and they would change it or take it to halfords and it only costs about £2, so we chose to take it to halfords and turns out it’s a lot more than £2. anyway, a few after i have the car i notice the seats in the back were soaking wet, i checked the window and it was shut tight, there was no water on the roof of the car and everywhere was dry so i found it very strange where this water was coming from, there is also a piece of metal hanging off from the underneath of the car, i phoned car shop and they told me if it wasn’t dry in a few days ring back up and they will book me in straight away for a saturday appointment (because i work weekdays) and they will sort it and give me a courtousy car while it was being fixed. a few days later it was just getting wetter, i phoned them and explained and they told me they could not book it in for a saturday, it would have to be on a weekday and they couldn’t give me a courtousy car, demanded to speak to a manager and i am still waiting for a call back. very poor service from the customer service team and the after care is awful! i wish i had read the review before going here, it’s a shame really and puts you off going anywhere to buy a new car
CarShop is rated 2.12 based on 130 reviews