Carpetright UK Reviews

Avg Email Response Time
12 minutes
Read Carpetright UK Reviews

About Carpetright UK:

Carpetright is proud to be a leading floor coverings and beds provider. Since our foundation in 1988 we have grown, both organically and through acquisition, into an international retailer, operating in four European territories; the UK, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland and Belgium. Carpetright trade from over 300 stores and concessions in the UK as well as over 120 stores across Holland, Belgium and the Republic of Ireland.

Purfleet BypassPurfleetEssexRM19 1TT

Tell us how Carpetright UK made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Message sent to website, rang back within 15 mins. A very understanding operator helped with my order, which will be delivered to store when safe to do so in accordance with Government guidelines. Confirmation e mail of order sent within an hour.
Hi Joanna

Thank you for your feedback. I’m so pleased to hear about your great experience with us.

Tl;dr
- Very negative and impactful experience
- Non responsive customer service

What makes a difference between a good company and a bad one is how they handle customers when something goes wrong. My problem with CarpetRight started when the government if Ireland announced a lock-down. My carpet is in the store but they can't deliver it. I sent them several times and told them that this is essential item since I'm moving to a new apartment and I have no time to stay at my current place. I went further and offered them to pick up my carpet from the store and fit it myself. However, their unresponsive customer service was replying with a generic message that they are closed.

On the same time, their sales telephone lines are working perfectly, and you can place orders online and through the phone. Meanwhile, the customer service line is not answering, and their mails are unresponsive.

Other companies like Noykes, Harvey Norman, and EZLiving (just to name a few) has already helped us and found some solutions from either having a contact-free delivery, picking up my items from the warehouse with minimum contact or else delivering our products normally when we told them out justification and that these items are essential.

What made me spend this time writing this review is the negative and impactful experience I had with them, and until now, they don't want to process my refund.
Disgraceful company avoid at all cost. Promised a 1 day fitting in October 2019 but it’s still going on they didn’t put the underlay down on the stairs. Useless customer services. Use a smaller local company
Hi Terence

I am sorry for the delay on your order and we will be able to look into this as soon as our stores are back in business. Thank you for your patience during this time.

Dilan
Waiting since January for vinyl!! Have contacted Pontypridd store and customer services via email on numerous occasions. Just spent 15 minutes on phone waiting for customer services to answer.
Have now shopped elsewhere and would like a refund of £104.96
Hi

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you email to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk with your order details and we can assist you.

Dilan
Money orientated,no customer service or satisfaction in mind., would not buy from them again,
Hi,

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with the service you received and please can you email to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk with your order details and we will be able to assist you further.

Dilan
Top quality goods experience staff and very friendly no pressure would recommend to anyone thank you Tracey for all your assistance
Hi Darren,

I am so pleased to hear that Tracey was able to give a great service in the store. Thank you for your feedback and recommendation.

Dilan
AVOID THIS TOTAL MONKEY UTTERLY USELESS JOBS WORTH OUTFIT!!!
Head Office Customer Services are an absolute rude joke! Their so-called fitters are all external contractors self employed & independent from Carpet-wrong! Fought them all the way for want we wanted sorting, but yet again still could not forfil their finishing obligations! All of our other new future carpet works will be going very much to direct competition! NEVER AGAIN!!! Dreadful Outfit! Look forward to seeing you close yet more stores & going bust!!! I loathe you!!!
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear about the poor service you have had throughout the process. Can you please email us to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk with your order details so we can investigate.
Regards
Dean
I was welcomed as I walked in, I said I just want to have a look that the vinyl I had looked at earlier was what I really wanted,turned back to go to the desk was met by the salesman who invited me to have a seat and the order was made very efficiently, he made sure I had everything I needed. Made it so easy
Hi Elizabeth

That is great to hear, I am really pleased you were happy with our service. We will make sure your comments are given to our store colleagues and we look forward to seeing you again.

Dilan
Barry from Carpetright in Reading branch was extremely rude to us when we tried to book a fitting. He was interrupting us all the time and didn't want to give us a date even though we have bought the carpet with them. We gave up and talked to someone else on the phone (much kinder) and he booked us in for a home visit and fitting. On the day, their fitter Shawn never turned up and didn't contact us about it at all. We had to take time off work to be at home and it was rude to not even give a call or text they were not planning to turn up at all. Called again today and described the situation to another employee. He said that we were not in the system (even though his colleague booked us in the week before) and that they cannot fit the carpet for us that we bought with them. (even though they fitted the carpets we bought with them twice before). He was not helpful at all and was protecting the fitter, who didn't turn up for the job. Had only one positive impression in Carpetright Reading and it was with the helpful man last week on the phone. Other people we met in person or contacted on the phone we talking down to us and did not provide any service. Very disappointed in their employees and their work culture.
Good afternoon,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. This is not the service we expect our customers to receive.

We will be raising this with the management team to ensure that procedures are put into place to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We are always aiming to improve our services and are continually training staff in stores to make sure that the standard of customer service and communication is above and beyond our customers’ expectations.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention and I do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Dilan
Appalling company. Fitters inexperienced. Mistakes from beginning to end. I won't write chapter and verse but, in my opinion, the only thing Carpetright care about is taking your money. If something goes wrong don't expect much from customer services - they're only interested in ensuring they don't lose out.
Hi

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We do try to ensure that all issues are resolved promptly. Please could you email us with your details to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk and we can investigate this for you.

Dilan
I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing carpet from this store.
Delays in delivery and manager calling us to book in carpet fitting without checking carpet was actually in the store, This happened twice, so waited on day but no-one showed up, store did not have courtesy to call and let us know
The carpet which eventually came was damaged and re-ordered, causing further delays.
Eventually carpet which was fitted is defective with line faults in it.
Company not willing to refund, and say that if I ask for refund they will remove the fitted carpet, which I don't mind except, now I will have to move out fitted wardrobes which were assembled in the room and all other furniture at extra time and cost to us.
3 days work lost waiting for this fiasco.
left with sub-standard carpet.
Difficult to resolve issues , company defensive and un-responsive, no sympathy for customer or concept of customer care.
Awful awful experience.
Used Orpington Branch
Good afternoon, I am very sorry to hear about your experience regarding your newly fitted carpet. Can you please e-mail to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk with your order details and we can investigate this.

Dilan
I was given a quotation & it just gave basic cost without stating the actual sizes etc. I asked for a complete breakdown of the quote & was sent a reply without the sizes etc. again.
There was a "fitting service administration charge" of I £37.70, I asked what this charge was for & was told the following.................
"As for the admin charges; £12.80 this is included in the price for fitting as we are Which? approved trusted traders, so we put are fitter through courses, training days etc.
£24.90 admin charge is for uplift and disposal, mainly the disposal part, we rent out Biffa bins which our fitters dispose of the waste, these cost money to rent and have Biffa remove and recycle."
Customers are already paying fitting/disposal charges for the following as per the quote,
"6.PAY DIRECT CARPET FITTING CHARGE £48.00
7.PAY DIRECT UPLIFT/DISPOSE SERVICE £12.50
Yet Carpetright are charging a further charge for their admin.
I have always bought my carpets & hard flooring from Carpetright but won't now or in the future.
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. The amount of £29.99 is applied to every order that requires the goods to be delivered. This charge is standard company charge and is non refundable ( unless this service has not been provided).

When an order is delivered to a customer’s home by a fitter, the goods are covered for any damage by Carpetright. We, are responsible making sure the goods are transported safely to your home.

The Fitting Admin fee is paid to the store. This fee is paid to the store as they act as an agent when arranging your installation date with the self-employed fitters. The overall cost of your fitting is divided into two payments, for example:

Fitting Costs for Carpet £3.80 per square metre

Paid to the fitter on the day - £3 per square metre
Paid to store for admin -0.80p per square metre

This is also a standard company charge and is non-refundable ( unless services have not been provided).

I hope that this is a satisfactory description of the services we provide for you.

Dilan
Terrible company - completely messed up my bed order from beginning and my complaint still remains unresolved after 6 months with no-one taking responsibility of resolving it. Don’t purchase anything from this company.
Hi,

We are extremely sorry that it took longer than we expected for the supplier to exchange the base. We understand that the store has received the goods and will contact you to discuss. I have updated your file with Customer Services and do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Dilan
Terrible experience with this company. Continue to ignore my actual complaint. They keep referencing a non-manufacture issue for premature wear. The carpet has only had 7 week's use. We were mis-sold the wrong type of carpet for our needs. They also failed to inform us of the proper care instructions for the type of carpet they mis-sold us. Now left with a carpet that has a visual flaw and refusing to acknowledge any wrongdoing or fault. AVOID.
Hi Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry that you feel that way and I see the final response has been provided by our Customer Service Team. If you are dissatisfied with it, you may refer your complaint to Consumer Arbitration.

Dilan
given one star would give none if I could. Fitter rude and aggressive didn't finish fitting carpet left half hallway with no carpet down store manager rude and unhelpful, paid for a service we didn't receive and had to finish ourselves. Told me not enough carpet to finish funny we finished it ourselves!! Never use them again so rude to us and laughed at my husband when he asked him to leave remaining carpet. Tried calling store was told would call straight back 2 and half hours later emailed me didn't even have the decency to call
Hi Emma

We are sorry that you are not happy with the service you received from the fitter.

We see that you've placed your order online and did not order enough flooring to cover all the areas that needed to be fitted. We understand that the fitter has fitted the lounge area and informed you there was not enough to cover the other areas. We understand that you've requested the fitter to fill this gap with the 3 or 4 cuttings and unfortunately this is not our fitting standard and therefore the fitter was not able to fulfil your request. The store is more than happy to send a home consultant if you would like someone to come and measure the remaining areas. We are sorry for the inconvenience and confirm that the fitter has fitted what's been ordered by yourselves.

Very disappointing.
We ordered a mattress online and although it says that it will be dispatched within 21 days it takes exactly 21 days. On top of that we were informed that it will take another 2 weeks for the courier company to deliver. We live very local, 15' driving distance from the store, therefore it shouldn't take that long. As a result, we will (hopefully) receive the mattress in more than a month from the purchase date. If I knew the delay, I wouldn't have ordered from Carpetright.
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We do try to ensure that all issues are resolved promptly. Please could you email us with your order details to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk and we can investigate this for you.

Dilan
Never order with carpetright again!!!! Shocking customers service!!! Vynal came damaged waited ages for refund. Never ever again!!!!!
Hi Rhian

Apologies for the damaged vinyl and for the refund that took longer than we expected. We can assure you this is not our standard of practice and will share your feedback with the relevant departments to improve our services.

Apologies again.

Dilan
Went into the Cribbs Bristol store to pick out some laminate for my new flat. I pick out three that I like but can’t decide so salesman tells me they can give me three samples when they come round to measure the floor, and give me all the info about the underlay I need etc. I also asked about doors and skirting boards and he said I just need to mention it to the fitter and he’ll include it in the quote. All good I thought.

Fitter arrives and doesn’t have three samples. He only brought one sample and it was just the store example I’d already seen, which obviously I couldn’t keep so my girlfriend didn’t even get to see the sample.

He starts measuring the rooms, and informs me that I need to pull the existing carpet up and check the concrete underneath to make sure it’s flat. “Ok” I thought, “makes sense”.

Then he informs me I need to have someone on call on the day of fitting who can trim my doors. I wasn’t expecting this, as family and friends have all said their fitters were able to do this for them (for a small extra charge), but I’m being told I need a whole other tradesman to come out just in case my doors need trimming. “This is starting to be a bit of a hassle” I’m thinking.

Finally I remember to mention the skirting boards, and that I want them lifted rather than having beading done. Well the fitter tells me that they’re “not able” to do that so I’ll need to take the skirting boards off myself. “We can help put them back on after though” he said.

He leaves and takes his single sample with him, presumably with the measurements he took. Except this whole thing has gone from “yep just tell the fitter what you want and he’ll give you a quote” to “you’ll need to pull your own carpet up, take your own skirting boards off, and hire a whole other person just in case your doors need trimming”.

And I’ve still not heard back with a quote.

Complete load of hassle. Wish I hadn’t bothered. Probably just going to stick with my gross stained brown carpet now instead.
Have always had carpet right for years but the last fitting 18 months ago for my lounge, stairs and landing isn’t up to standard. The carpet in our lounge started to crease in an area after 6 months so the fitter came out and stretched it. The same has happened again in the same place after 1 year. As the carpet is now over 1 year old Its not guaranteed. I
wouldn’t recommend the fitters.
Everything about the service at Camborne has been great totally satisfied
Also used them 4 times before this