Carpetright UK Reviews

Avg Email Response Time
12 minutes
Read Carpetright UK Reviews

About Carpetright UK:

Carpetright is proud to be a leading floor coverings and beds provider. Since our foundation in 1988 we have grown, both organically and through acquisition, into an international retailer, operating in four European territories; the UK, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland and Belgium. Carpetright trade from over 300 stores and concessions in the UK as well as over 120 stores across Holland, Belgium and the Republic of Ireland.

Purfleet BypassPurfleetEssexRM19 1TT

Tell us how Carpetright UK made you happy
Tony was really helpful when choosing my new carpet out, he was patient very polite and professional. Made the whole process smooth for me. Explained everything I needed to know..5 star ⭐️ ( Romford ,Romvally shop )
Hi,

Really pleased to hear how helpful and professional Tony was for you.
Thank you for your review.
Dean
A fantastic service every time I’ve been to the Frome store helpful staff from Johnny etc . Rich has always fitted all of the carpets to a high standard and I will be using them in the future
Good evening Mark

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards
Won’t use again.
Staff are surly, that’s probably the politest way I can put it.

Took our money, didn’t send an invoice, didn’t ring for weeks with any update. Don’t return calls very often. Didn’t send an invoice on second request. Spent almost two grand and still don’t have an invoice.

Oh the first fitter pointed out to us that we were getting ripped off by carpetrite estimator too. They put us down for a screed, which was not needed. Meant we had to move our room around and sit around in an empty room one day earlier than we needed to. Thanks for that.

Took day off work and cleared out whole area as requested which took me the whole weekend. Then on morning of supposed fitting cancelled. Fitter had covid test apparently. Now, if true that can’t be helped but it was the cherry on the top of an underwhelming customer service experience. Surly customer service guy I’ve been dealing with whole time only took pity on me when I started crying. Pathetic I know but that’s been my experience with this shower.

Four months after ordering we still have no carpet and a house that’s like something off hoarders and tomorrow will have to try and work whilst the fitters were in. Thanks for nothing Carpetrite. That’s if your alternative fitter turns up this time.
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you have had with us.
Please email the review and order number so we can help. Regards Dean
Awful customer service. Was due to fully carpet a 4 bed house and booked a phone appointment. Being a new mother I made sure baby was down which is hard to do with a newborn and never got a call! So Inconvenient. 25 hrs later I got a call ONLY because I put in a complaint. The store then called and said he was the only one working. I appreciate the current circumstances but they shouldn't have available times if they can't make them. Customer services complaint form asks for desired outcome I mentioned I think a gesture of goodwill would go a long way as to not lose me to a competitor and they came back saying we don't do a gesture of goodwill. Really bad service they have so many offers on and couldnt even offer say a £20 credit note. Not about the money but their customer service at head office and store is woeful. Glad I didn't go with them seeing as they can't get it right to begin with
Good Morning,

Thank you for sharing this with us. We are really sorry to hear of your experience and will discuss your feedback with the wider management. As such we will take onboard all that you have explained so that we can better our service.

Best Wishes, Benji
Absolutely shocking service I am receiving at this moment. Opened a complaint up 19/10/2020 still nothing has been done, my complaint adviser which I have spoken to many a times has been woeful. Constant phone calls trying to get hold of her and not 1 response this week. Been over 12 weeks and this still goes on.
Good Morning,

We're very sorry to hear this. So that we can follow this up for you, please email customer.service@carpetright.co.uk and we'll certainly investigate this further.

Best Wishes,
My carpet was ordered in september I,was told it would be fitted in november.Irang up in nov and was told the carpet had arrived in the warehouse but could not be fitted till after xmas due to the lockdown. i was finally told the carpet would be fitted on the 4th january, this was then cancelled as the fitter apparantly was not available, so i was then told it would be done on the 7th of january today, i,m all prepared then i get a phonecall this morning cancelling again telling me the carpet they have been sent is the wrong size so will have be reorder,d and fitted next week, so why did they not check the size when it arrived in the warehouse back in november . This is just bull.... and if my carpet does not arrive next week i will be demanding a refund and going elsewhere.
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear about this.
Please email us the order number and details to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can help.
Dean
I had a carpet fitted by you four years ago. After 2 years signs of wear appeared on the stairs in spite of being told the carpet was suitable for stairs. It also came with a worthless guarantee of 10 years. I was told it was I quote ‘the way I use the stairs’ I am a pensioner living on my own so this was rubbish. After a lot of arguing with the very rude shop manager at the Chadwell Branch I had no option but to pay over £100 to have the stair carpet replaced. The fitter who was not employed by Carpetright agreed the carpet was faulty. Update, 2 years later the new stair carpet has been down the same time as the original carpet. There is no sign of any wear or tear on the carpet. I go up and down the stairs in exactly the same way so it is obvious the original carpet was faulty. I was conned into paying an extra £100 to replace the stair carpet and had to put up with the rudeness and insults from the store manager. I had used Carpetright many times before with no complaints but I would never ever use them again. Terrible customer service.
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had.
Please email the details to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can investigate.
Dean
I had a hall stairway carpet fitted and the service was excellent from the ordering to the fitting. It was from the Meadowhall branch at Sheffield The two gentleman fitting the stairway were so professional but extremely friendly and even took their time. The lady I ordered with kept me so well informed with the process and I would have no hesitation using them again. The carpet looks beautiful and the end result is amazing. Thankyou carpet right
Hi Mrs Taylor

Thank you for your feedback. I’m so pleased to hear about your great experience. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards
Dilan
My review is a review of the purchasing process for the carpet. Dubin and Murat from the Clapham High Street Branch of Carpetright have been first class in their advice and in providing a fair quote - with good, professional explanation of the quote components and good, fair minded negotiation. Together, we worked closely to analyse just the right carpet to purchase in terms of quality, colour and value. I have every confidence that the actual taking up of my existing carpet and the putting in of the new one will be done to the highest professional standard and - once this work is done, I look forward to commenting on the timing, quality, efficiency and due diligence. The first phase - advice and purchasing of the right quality carpet at the right price and value - has been very good indeed (so 5 Stars for that). Tristan Jervis. Tel: +44 (0) 771 363 8396.
Good Afternoon Tristan,

Thank you for sharing such lovely feedback on our Clapham team. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your amazing comments.

Best Wishes,
Benji
Brought carpet from the Staines store and asked for a member of staff to measure up for me ..... when I went to buy the carpet their measurements were so wrong I had enough carpet to also do another room so it cost me hundreds of pounds too much. This definitely was not an off cut be careful when they do the measuring for you it could result in you spending way more than you need to
Good morning

Thanks for contacting us. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. For us to be able to look into this please email your order details customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can help.

Kind regards
Dilan
Poor Poor Poor Service! STAY CLEAR! I have been liaising with them for almost 6 months. Originally fitted a faulty carpet! Never turn up when they are meant to! Always having chasing them! They never call. Quick to take your cash! Poor service in return! Still perusing my complaint and the want to close it by offering a compensation figure of £38. Paid £70 to the fitters who did a terrible job. I'm at a loss!
Good Evening, really sorry to hear this. Please do email us via customer.service@carpetright.co.uk so that we can follow this up with the store on your behalf. Best Wishes, Benji
Had carpet laid couple months ago & the fitters damaged 2 walls, had redone by decorator & have made 2 visits to shop to complain & emails of damage etc & still had no response , lady says she contact us & sort out & never has , this has been going on for months
Hi Sharon,

I am very sorry to hear about the damage and how long this is taking to resolve. Please email us with the details so customer.services@carpetright.co.uk or call on 0330 3333 444 Option 4
Dean
Still waiting for fitting laminate flooring after 2 cancellations. Supposed to have been fitted in November then December. Moved furniture twice and now back twice
Good Afternoon,

Really sorry to hear that this has happened. Can you email us via customer.service@carpetright.co.uk so we can look into this please.

Best Wishes, Benji
Laminate flooring faded in certain areas clearly shown in photo taken by those who laid it I was blamed for it got no compensation they refused to change it. I no longer buy from them and if you are thinking of using carpetright DON'T.
Good Morning T, very sorry to hear that this has happened. We do apologise that after contacting us, the resolution received wasn't what you wanted. If there is anything else that we can do to assist, please do email via customer.service@carpetright.co.uk. Best Wishes.
We got a carpet from Trafford park branch , the carpet was just under £1000 and we expected it to last but after just over two years the carpet was flat and matted I contacted the branch by email and after a few attempts a man came out to look at the carpet comments like , it’s traffic , could be fat walked in from the kitchen , build up of dirt , using the wrong Hoover . He was rude and abrupt and tried to tell me they had no information regarding carpet type so would be unable to trace it when I said all transactions are on the system tried to tell me that there was a new one in plant after arguing with me left with the attitude that if I can not find the paperwork tuff I got in contact with the complaints and all of a sudden it was found 12 weeks went by many emails no reply once again head office anyway it went on and on to the end we’re i got a phone call to say nothing easy being find as that is the nature of that carpet it’s colour and texture and there advice was to use a pull along hoover absolutely disgusting and bad practice I will never use them again the men that work there are truly unhelpful and talk down to customers and has coursed me so much anxiety I have been diagnosed with skin cancer in June and all this stress has just made me more depressed and feeling worth less
Good Morning Tracey, thank you for getting in touch and sharing your feedback. We are really sorry to hear of your experience and how this has left you feeling. We do try our best to look into our customers concerns and reach a suitable resolution once investigated. Unfortunately. the outcome of our investigations aren't always satisfactory and we are truly sorry for this. Best Wishes, Benji
I ordered carpet for three bedrooms, making it clear that I needed the fitting split; two rooms first, then the other one - simply because I could not shift all contents. I was told that would be fine, and I have since noticed that my receipt (upfront payment in full) specified "2 fitting job". The fitting centre then said however that it was not possible, that fitters (YOUR sub-contractors) only came out once. When out of desperation I offered to pay the fitters extra, bingo, the Carpetright warehouse person said that would be fine. And when I said I would contact customer service the same person said if he had known I would be "difficult" he would have told the fitters they could only do all 3 rooms same day. Two rooms fitted today, one with a few wrinkles which i am assured will settle in a week. Not holding out any hope for it being rectified if that turns out wrong. I'm now knackered after shifting stuff around for other room being fitted tomorrow, and I'm having to pay the fitters an extra £100 for the privilege. Really poor customer service and misleading at point of sale- and heaven knows what the £51.20 "fitting service administration" charge was for. Never again will I buy from Carpetright and would strongly discourage anyone else from doing so.
Hi Katharine,

I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had. Please email us to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can help with this issue. Regards
Dean
Finally got my money owed for fitting from carpetright it only took 10 months of sending emails upon emails it's a disgrace how they treat the fitters I have now stopped fitting for them it's not worth the hassle all the hard work that we do for them do not get you anywhere I think that you are better off going it alone at least you won't get any grief
Absolutely terrible service.
Never ever will I use Carpet right again
Good Evening, I'm very sorry to see you rated us 1*. So we can help with this, can you please email your details over to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can look into this further for you. Best Wishes, Benji
Still waiting for my item, ordered 2nd week of August until now it hasn’t arrived ,it’s been 4 months!!!! Imagine I was told to wait another 28 days . I have to chase my item several times & they’re not communicating after taking a payment. An absolute disgusting service & unreliable company (incompetent staff, very poor communication to customer , delaying delivery after ordering, absolute liers!) This Carpet right branch in Dartford should close as you already have a bad reputation . If I only knew about your unreliable service as it’s my first time to use this shop I wouldn’t dare to shop here. You deserved a zero rate . To all future customers I’m not recommending this shop😡
God afternoon Valerie

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry for the delay and lack of communication. We will follow this up and make sure you get contacted in regards to your order.

Kind regards,
Dilan
Do not order beds from carpetright you wait weeks for delivery they use last mile solutions to deliver how give u a day and don.t turn up keep away from carpet right
Good Morning, sorry to hear this. Can you email us via customer.service@carpetright.co.uk so we can look into this further for you please. Best Wishes, Benji
Carpetright UK is rated 1.51 based on 782 reviews