Carpetright UK Reviews

Avg Email Response Time
12 minutes
Read Carpetright UK Reviews

About Carpetright UK:

Carpetright is proud to be a leading floor coverings and beds provider. Since our foundation in 1988 we have grown, both organically and through acquisition, into an international retailer, operating in four European territories; the UK, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland and Belgium. Carpetright trade from over 300 stores and concessions in the UK as well as over 120 stores across Holland, Belgium and the Republic of Ireland.

Purfleet BypassPurfleetEssexRM19 1TT

Tell us how Carpetright UK made you happy
Fitters failed, back office failed, store failed, on every single occasion - consistently failing to deliver against their own stated obligations on several instances (7+ at time of writing) characterises our Carpetright experience. We couldn’t see any similarity with the company’s values and their service. A really unfortunate experience for the cost of a full home premium flooring refit won’t use Carpetright again. They will resist and delay every instance of a complaint and there’s no escalation measures, so you’re stuck with the same customer facing failing team as you start with - good luck if you start you’re flooring journey here.
Hi,

I am really sorry to hear about the experience you are having.
Please email the details and order number to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can help.
Regards
Dean
I was assured that the fitters would wear PPE.
After entering the property I found this was not the case. Apparently they couldn't fit carpet while wearing it.
They also used the toilet without informing me and had to move items from it in order to access.
Waste not taken away and used my own vacuum, again without gloves.
Good Morning, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're really sorry to hear of your experience. So that we can look into this further, can you please email us via customer.service@carpetright.co.uk. Best Wishes, Benji
Really helpful and speedy service with advice about how to make the best use of an offer.
Good Morning Mourad, thank you for taking the time to share such lovely feedback on your experience. Best Wishes, Benji
Let's start from the beginning. After waiting 2 weeks with no information regarding the order, I have called the company. After asking politely if I could get any information about the order, rude customer service said: Wait 5 weeks. The end of conversation. After waiting 5 weeks, still no response from the company. I called again but customer service seemed to have no information about the order. Decided to write an email. Got back information that the carpet is in the local shop, and they will contact me by 4 pm on Monday 8th. Obviously I didn't get a call. Called them on tuesday. I was told that there is a free slot for delivery on Friday, accepted. Finally I will be able to change my old carpet for the new one, after (only) 1.5 month of waiting.
The day has come. Got a call from a delivery man. Got a carpet delivered. I have cut it based on the old carpet, putted carpet on the floor, fitted in and then.. I look right, I look left. I got the wrong carpet delivered, It is definitely not Marrakesh Beige, but rather Marrakesh Silver Cable. Normally I wouldn't care that much, however the difference is visible as the Marrakesh Beige is in the other room. I am just fed up. Totally fed up with this company.
I have definitely ordered Beige.
This is not the first problem I have with carpet right, but definitely the last one, as I will not use any service from it anymore, and will tell every person wanting to change carpet to avoid CarpetRight. Probably the only positive thing about this order, was the delivery man who actually did his job right.
The question that I'm asking myself is: how much this company has paid to get so many positive reviews?
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you have had.
Please email us the review and order number so we can investigate.
Regards
Dean
what ever you do keep away from carpet right.Please make sure you read contract before paying money.If you use their fitters and the fitters mess up bigtime carpet right wash their hands of it do not negotiate on your behalf and you are left out of pocket with a load of mess.I would use Tappi carpets atleast they negotiate with their fittersy.You will notice 1 star at the top of page,had to tick it as i was unable to right this review it should me empty.
Good Afternoon, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am really sorry to hear you feel this way. So that we can look into this further, can you email us via customer.service@carpetright.co.uk. Best Wishes, Benji
We were expecting the men from Carpetright yesterday between 10am&11am. No one turned up so at 11.30am I rang to find out what was happening. I was told that there was definitely a booking for us and they would find out why there was a delay and ring me back in about 10 minutes. That call never came! It is now the following day and still no call to apologise! This an insurance claim and Carpetright have already been paid for the work.
Good Evening, we're very sorry to hear of what has happened and how this has left you feeling. So that we can look into this further, can you email us via customer.service@carpetright.co.uk please? Best Wishes, Benji
If you want a stair/hallway carpet do not use the online order system. Due to Covid we could not go to the shop so decided to order online. I measured the area of the steps and hallway. Put it all in a to scale diagram to make sure it all came out of a rectangle. Also added the extra amount the website said to and I was fully confident you could easily fit everything. I added the underlay and gripper that was auto calculated from the measurements. The when the fitter arrived they immediately said it would not fit. They said it looked like the website had calculated everything based on a square room and not stairs. So I had to pay for extra gripper and underlay from the fitters, and the bottom step of my stairs could not be carpeted. So now I will have to pay for it to be sorted or put something else down. Rang Carpetright to explain the issue and I was just told sorry, the website is not our job and we don't do refunds/compensation. Wont be using Carpetright again and I would advise others to specifically not use the online order system.
Hi Jonny,

I am sorry to hear about the issues. Please email us the details and order number to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can investigate. Regards Dean
I will try keep this as brief as possible by only covering the key points of our experience.

We placed a carpet order for over £6k in September 2019 at their Sevenoaks branch. At point of order we were advised 3 to 4 weeks lead time and after continuously chasing the order was eventually fitted in November 2019 almost eight weeks later.

The fitting was completed very badly and not one piece of carpet was fitted correctly. Unacceptable tool damage was caused in every room removing paintwork, chunks taken out of doors, broken & marked staircases and knife scores to every side of a stone fireplace base. In one area incredibly the fitters attempted to repaint damage with a different type of paint leaving paint on the new carpet. The carpets were also damaged at the edge with lines of pile torn out unnecessarily with a stretching tool used incorrectly.

The fitters ran out of materials and left a section of a staircase with no carpet nor underlay just gripper rod on the treads and risers!

Curiously gripper rod with long pins were installed either side of each door bar that you can feel on your feet on entering some rooms.

The carpets also had manufacturing line defects, creasing and colour contamination in the pile (an expected beige carpet but with blue, orange green and brown tufts and not as described)

We raised a complaint with head office in November 2019, took photo and video evidence and confirmed everything in writing.

Carpetright sent out their own experienced surveyor to inspect in December 2019 and they confirmed the entire order needed to be replaced.

To date although it has been repeatedly confirmed they have replacement carpet ready to fit, and having been provided six dates for replacement fitting, nothing has been completed in over fifteen months they just don’t turn up.

It takes all weekend to pack everything up in preparation for fitting, and we did this three times.

We filed for breach of contract via section 75 and have an agreed recommendation with the credit provider, yet we still await action from Carpetright to conclude matters.

I would avoid Carpetright at all costs, the fitters that came to our property were not suitably qualified or trained, the customer services department just direct your concerns back to the store and deal with nothing appropriately, the store staff just lie to either get you off the phone or out of their store. We experienced great difficulty communicating with this company the stores rarely answer the phone, it normally switches to a message service that’s full.

My advice Instruct a local independent carpet retailer who care about their customers and the quality and service they offer.

Carpetright are by far the worst company we have ever had to deal with. We have been more than tolerant even taking into account current circumstances, what a shame companies in the UK are allowed to carry on trading with this level of customer service.
Good morning Lloyd,

Thank you for contacting us. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I can see this has been investigated and FOS decision has been provided as a final response. The fitting store will contact you to arrange a date for the removal of your flooring.

Kind regards,
Dilan
Very happy with the carpet fitter. His name was Lee Jacob. Such a lovely pleasant guy. I felt so relaxed with him and most of all he did a fantastic job fitting my stripy carpet on my stairs. So happy! He is a top bloke. Thankyou
Good Morning Lorraine, thank you for sharing such lovely feedback on the fitter and his excellent work. Best Wishes, Benji
Overall service more than unsatisfactory. Rude carpet fitters. Incorrect invoices. Missed appointments with no reasonable excuse. Failure to acknowledge or respond to emails of complaint sent to customer services (over 3 months ago) and my local branch. Still waiting for carpet fitters to return following a missed booked appointment. I would not recommend Carpetright at all. Due to my budget this was my only option unfortunately. Will never use Carperight again. Especially not East Grinstead branch.
Good afternoon

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you email us your order details customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can help.

Thanks,
Dilan
This review is for Shrewsbury. Average store service, nothing at all out of the ordinary. But don’t use their fitters, the one we had isn’t a fitter, I believe he builds sheds! Then when everything goes wrong CarpetRight aren’t the slightest bit interested. CarpetRight wouldn’t even supply me with the fitter’s contact details, it took me two months to track him down, now I have to go through the Small Claims Court to try and recover the cost of fitting and compensation for damage. Appalling behaviour from both CarpetRight and their fitter U C Carpets, Mark Evans. There are many carpet shops, similarly there are many fitters, don’t use these for your carpets, they’re worse than useless.
Very bad customer service after a purchase of a toxic product. We bought melody bed and geltex mattress with Fulham headboard from Silentnight via Carpetright with delivery in December 2020. Complained about the product as it releases smell that causes headaches and difficulty breathing. They keep saying they are reviewing it and no resolution in 2 months. Absolutely unhappy about the service and the product.
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear about the bad service you have had.
Regards Dean
After being loyal to Carpetright for many years for all our residential and commercial property needs I was very disappointed by their lack of interest when I brought to their attention an obvious fault with their Irish key pattern carpet I had fitted. The pile laying in opposite directions looks an absolute mess. After two years I have no alternative but to replace it. Both Carpetright and the manufacturer think this fault is acceptable to live with. The response has taken 5 months to receive after numerous follow ups. I now have to waste more time going through trading standards and Carpetright have lost a loyal customer.
Good morning Joanne

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please can you provide us your order details customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can look into this.

Dilan
Well all I can say is carpetright lowestoft where are you. Booked appointment on net got confirmation of booking but no one came contacted then they said they nothing about it even though I had a ref number but I booked again with lady on the phone. Day came no one turned up again contacted them they said again didn't know about it. Don't think they know what they are doing but I wouldn't give them my money as they mite not know they have been paid now going somewhere else
Good morning

Thank you for contacting us. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you email your details customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can look into this.

Dilan
Disgusting service, booked a telephone appointment on the 9th Feb 21 for 11.45am on 13th Feb 21. No call, no apology so I called the Thetford store at 3.30pm, they know nothing about my appointment, tried to apologise and then Martin the store Manager started the conversation off with "what can I do you for" really, so unprofessional and not a scooby do what the appointment was for as it clearly states in the booking process what I required i.e. at stairway and landing carpet plus I even stated the style and colour required. I might aswell having been calling for a washing machine as I always call a carpet shop for electrical products not...... I think some serious customer service training and management skills need to be implemented at the Thetford branch of Carpet right or maybe rename the Thetford branch, Carpet Wrong..
Hi Mr Prior

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We will share this with the management to improve our services.

Dilan
I bought Sea Slate rigid tiles for my toilet, having seen from the manufacturers information that they are very easy to fit. I was fitting them in a toilet, which required cutting.
I was extremely disappointed that there was no suggestion on line or in consultation with staff, that these tiles are in fact very difficult to fit if not in a clear square room , in fact not suitable for a small space such as a toilet.
My complaint has been addressed however I would not wish anyone else to be under the mistaken impression that these tiles are easy to lay.
Good morning

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it is important for us to improve our services.

Dilan
Worst service I've ever experienced! Quick to take my £300 but can't deliver the goods. Ordered carpet on 4th January, was told 7 - 10 days to be delivered to store. Still nothing. Noone ever returns my calls or emails. Disgusting service and don't even blame Covid because there are many smaller businesses doing amazing things during these times unfortunately Carpetright is definitely not one of them. Dont bother responding Carpetright because you never follow up the many bad reviews you get either. AVOID at all costs!!!
Good afternoon

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t been contacted in regards to your order. We will follow this up and make sure you get contacted at the earliest opportunity.

Dilan
Lucky to get 1 star! Simply the worst organisation I have ever dealt with. Suspect they rely on brand name and high street presence, but I will never use them again. My advice to anyone thinking of using them is to make sure you get everything in writing, do not rely on their spoken word!!
Good evening

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you email your details over to customer.services@carpetrigut.co.uk so we can assist you further.

Dilan
Quite simply the worst service I have ever had from a major UK retailer.

Will not be using again.
Good morning

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you email customer.services@carpetright.co.uk with more details so we can help.

Dilan
Really great experience.I rang to check they were open and it was explained that I could order samples or I could go to the shop and they would bring some out.I did that.Molly was very patient we looked at samples and came to a decision.She then arranged for someone to come and check the measurements and worked out a very good deal.She was so helpful.I would certainly recommend carpet right
Good Afternoon Debbie,

Thank you for getting in touch and sharing such lovely feedback on Molly and the service she provided.

Best Regards,