Carpetright UK Reviews

Avg Email Response Time
12 minutes
Read Carpetright UK Reviews

About Carpetright UK:

Carpetright is proud to be a leading floor coverings and beds provider. Since our foundation in 1988 we have grown, both organically and through acquisition, into an international retailer, operating in four European territories; the UK, Netherlands, Republic of Ireland and Belgium. Carpetright trade from over 300 stores and concessions in the UK as well as over 120 stores across Holland, Belgium and the Republic of Ireland.

Purfleet BypassPurfleetEssexRM19 1TT

Tell us how Carpetright UK made you happy
Over charged for carpet been awaiting a refund for over 3 months.Do not reply to emails or massages left on the phone service. very poor customer service.Numerous occasions managed to speak to someone on the phone all you get is they are working from home and its all being sorted out and promise that a cheque will soon be sent.Oh and always covid is blamed.Very quick to get the order and payment but not so when it comes to giving a refund
Update it gets worse had a reply from Dilan that customer services would look into this on the 11th September.Still not heard any more or had a refund.
Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay with your refund. Please e-mail customer.services@carpetright.co.uk with your name/order details so we can assist you further.

Posted 17 minutes ago
We ordered laminate from carpetright. There was a delay in delivery which was put down to covid. I was told to expect a couple of weeks but it ended up being 6 weeks. I then needed some more laminate as we decided to do more, I waited a month and called several times and went in to store. I was finally told that the laminate wouldn't be in stock for another 2 months. I appreciate that there are problems with logistics due to covid but what is unacceptable is the lack of customer service. Nobody called me to inform me of the delay. They obviously are also having a tough time with their computer systems as well. It was just not a good experience. I ended up cancelling my second order and placing it with a rival, who incidentally did it for cheaper! Great product but poor delivery both in time and customer service.
Hi Joe

I’m sorry for the delay and lack of communication in regards to your order. Please email your order details customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can assist you further. Regards, Dilan
A Big shout for Neil salesman of the sittingbourne branch who went out of his way to hand deliver a breakdown of my carpet which was fitted yesterday very pleased ,what a star.
There are plenty if other places to get flooring, but I chose Carpetright because there is a store near to me! Big mistake! Having ordered the flooring I was told it would be in the shop within 2 weeks. 4 weeks later I am still waiting and twice I have called and they say it is about to arrive at the main local warehouse or has already arrived and will be in the shop the following Wednesday. Doh! To top the poor logistics the staff on the phone have tended to get a bit shirty as if I was expecting too much! Probably they are dealing with disgruntled customers regularly!
Ordered vinyl and was told 5 days for collection, almost 2 and half weeks later still nothing. Called last Thursday and was told should be ready for collection today , called to be told my order was not done and will be put into the system now and hopefully will take another 2 weeks , was lied to several time and the staff are not helpful. Requested a refund and would not recommend this company to anyone . Very poor customer service .
Left messages many times and no one called back.
Delivery! We were three weeks delivery and fitting. Five weeks later no delivery and fitting won’t be until
Three weeks after delivery! We have cancelled our order☹️ Store staff were extremely helpful no fault there.
Spoke to the Michael and Laura at Redruth store - very helpful and extremely polite.

Staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful from enquiry and it didn’t stop once we had paid - very warm and obliging when we came to pick up, helping load up our purchases etc.

Really great service and pleasure to deal with - Redruth branch recommended!
Awful experience. Elderly pensioner spends hard saved money to buy a carpet. Carpet was cut too short. Fitter and manager extremely rude and incompetent. Manager could not sort out the issue for 2 weeks, this was after we contacted customer service and the CEO, and after numerous phone calls and lies on the part of Carpetright. CEO ignored 2 emails. Had to chase customer service up. Disappointing experience of dealing with unprofessional people. Would never use this company again. Go elsewhere.
Soooooooo bad was promised a delivery on Thursday to no avail so I wanted a refund where I was then told it would cost me 25% of the total. After calling on Several times we eventually received the carpet on Saturday but no
Floor straps which should have been on the original order what a nightmare.
Hi

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please e-mail your order details customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can assist you further.

Kind regards
Dilan
Shocked at paying £30 delivery for a 2x2m piece of vinyl that took three weeks to arrive at their own store. The fitting is a disgrace. Overlapping skirting in places and too short in other areas. Badly cut corners and joins and bubbling quite literally everywhere. The contract said the fitting issues are between me and the fitter but they sent him. I don’t want to give him another chance as he is clearly clueless I can have seriously done it better myself. I assure you I will never use this company again. I should have used a local independent. Lesson learned.
Hi Craig

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the fitting service. Please email customer.services@carpetright.co.uk with your order details so we can help.

Regards
Dilan
Had 3 carpets took 4 weeks to arriveclounge had been measured incorrectly. Told would re order 4 weeks later and numerous calls to store but none from them to us finally had to raise as a complaint to customer service to find manager knew carpet was out of stock so suggested they should have offered a different carpet. Suddenly this happened another 4 weeks pass fitting arranged fitter cant do agreed time. Manager throughout offering goodwill gesture once fitting done suddenly after the fitting complaints department tell us no goodwill gesture as we have a carpet.
Disgraceful service, no contact, lies and then nothing.
Avoid at all costs
Hi Nichola

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please can you email customer.services@carpetright.co.uk with our order details so we can help. Regards, Dilan
Do not go near this company ...promised a carpet on a certain day to fit in with renovation work (we had said before ordering that if couldn’t get for that date we would go elsewhere)
Day before due to fit we get a call to say the carpet hadn’t been put on the van and we would have to wait four more days!! Flippant attitude to say the least ,no empathy or customer service skills whatsoever and just a case of oh it doesn’t matter you can’t finish your bedroom for four more days and have other people working around the schedule,
All fine taking your cash but different attitude afterwards ....they need to inter communicate as a company and not make promises they can’t keep.
Some constructive advice send your shop staff and manager on a customer service course!!!!!
Hi

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your fitting appointment has been cancelled. Please email your order details to customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we can assist you further.

Dilan
I had £1980 worth of carpet/vinyl ( full house ) of carpets and vinyl fitted by one of the Galashiels, Scottish Borders branch fitter and 2 sidekicks. Said he was very busy as he had jobs for carpetright and himself. He rushed the fitting leaving nails from previous underlay in place as "I wouldn't feel them"-yes I did! He left for a couple of hours to go back to a previous job (which was a complaint,) completely fitted one area vinyl wrong and got sent back to try and fix it, covered it in glue as well as wc vinyl that wasn't being replaced and he was so annoyed damaged it and patched it without saying a word! Manager told he later the fitter said he was surprised I complained as he was only trying to help me! Hall stair and sitting room carpet was faulty-badly. Tufts coming out and holed. New carpets and vinyl ordered which took 2 months putting kitchen out of bounds (couldn't unpack house, just moved in). The second carpet was also faulty after the manager assured me it would be well checked in the store before being fitted. Another employee said they NEVER check the carpets! Another wait for a third carpet which got fitted by a different fitter as I refused to let first one in because of past two experiences. He fitted it fine but damaged a brand new kitchen unit, a kickboard-badly and some glue on vinyl. After weeks of going back and forth with the manager lockdown happened. On return the manager asked what I wanted to settle so I told him. He then was either sacked or just left-none of the store team knew what was happening and couldn't help so I put in a complaint. After months going back and forward with manager asking what I wanted to end the situation it has now led to "it's nothing to do with Carpetright, we don't employ the fitters you as the customer does". Even though I never paid the second fitter they have washed their hands of it and I'm to take it up with a fitter they provided and I don't even know his name! I've also been due a refund for gripper that was never used, about £54. Original manager had excuse after excuse and I still don't have my money after 10 months. DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY, if the fitting goes wrong you are on your own. Absolutely disgusted with them. I am not accepting this so it's not finished, it's time they took responsibility for who they have fitting carpets-badly.
Hi Isabel

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm disappointed to hear about your experience. Please can you email customer.services@carpetright.co.uk with your order details so we can help.

Dilan
If I could give zero stars I would!
Do not give this Mickey mouse company your hard earned money.
Ordered and paid for carpet, was due to be fitted on Thursday, three and a half weeks after ordering it.
The day before it was due to arrive I was left a message on answer phone saying only half the order had turn up so which half of the area would i like carpeted.......
The other half of the order may take weeks to arrive and they couldn't guarantee a colour match.
I cancelled the whole order after i was told i couldn't do that, i was also told i couldn't have a refund...i now have a refund, thanks to Dean.
This was the Christchurch store.
And if you read this Lewis, you are a complete idiot!
Great up until they secure your money and then it all goes to pot. They say bedroom has to be completely cleared I am working away so that left my wife to disassemble a bed and push it into hall way along with furniture. Then the were asked to leave additional carpet grippers and excess underlay as I have bookshelves which were removed in doing up the house and they could be used to cover this area, simply ignored that instruction. Then doors were removed and left in the hallway. Small print states they do this So you can employ a carpenter to shave the doors. Good idea in principle but what if the doors actually don’t need shaving, which is the case. So I have to rehang doors. Bit lazy. 700 pounds for second rate service. Trying an independent company for next carpet for a more customer friendly experience.
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please would you be able to email your order details customer.services@carpetright.co.uk so we ca assist you further.

Dilan
I Will never bother with these reprobates again. Went to local store to get a small rug. None in. Tried to ring other store to see if they had stock. No answer. Went home, bought on-line; 3-5 day lead time. After over 2-wks - nothing. Wrote to "Customer Service" to ask (paraphrasing) "where's my rug" and "the price is now 20% off. As we're essentially getting it at this time, could you do the decent thing and honour the new price. "Answer on both counts: "I don't know - there's a delay on all orders; I'll have to ask." In other words, customer service are complete eunuchs - they have no info and no delegated authority. Why not mention the delay on the web site or, at least, on the emailed invoice, so as not to have every single customer waiting and wondering? Another week goes by. No answer. This means "Customer Service" don't keep on top of their queries and the stores/mgmt ignore them and me. Just about to write again when the rug turns up. I let them know and ask, "Any news on the new price?". Don't even get a reply - i.e. treated with contempt. This organisation needs a collective slap to snap it out of its lax ways and contemptible attitude. Like a driver who gestures at you from a moving car, they wouldn't dare treat anyone like this if it was face-to-face, in the store. But they think they can get away with it when it's at a distance.
I have had an absolutely horrendous experience with this company lately.

They recently fitted two carpets which were absolutely awful in terms of quality. Carpetright held their hands up and admitted one of the carpets was ‘faulty,’ although they tried to tell me that I wasn’t entitled to a refund for this item in the event that I asked them to uplift it. I knew this was incorrect and so challenged this and I have only just received a full refund for the faulty carpet and fitting even though it was fitted last year?!

The second carpet is also of an extremely poor quality and was showing signs of significant wear after a couple of weeks (Despite the fact that there is just my daughter and I in the house and shoes and toys on the carpet are strictly prohibited!

I reported the issue to Carpetright and they eventually sent one of their employees out to investigate the matter and he deemed it faulty and in need of replacement on his report. However, Carpetright were not happy to act on this and advised that I would need to pay for an Independent investigation to be undertaken before they could look at addressing matters further.

Thank goodness that Hitachi (the finance company) intervened on my behalf and arranged for an independent inspection to be undertaken on the carpet at no cost to myself.

The company came out and inspected my carpet and followed this up with a detailed report (inclusive of several images) confirming that the carpet was showing significant signs of premature deterioration dyes to issues with the fibres.

Despite all of this Carpetright are still disputing this report via their manufacturers and are saying that (instead of addressing the issue) they want a further inspection undertaking?!

Under consumer law this matter should be addressed appropriately yet Carpetright seem obligatory to this. After requesting copies of all of my data and reading through these details, one of their Head Office employees cites me as being ‘rude’ to her when I have simply complained about the fact they have repeatedly ignored my emails regarding my issues (Hence why I asked Hitachi to intervene)

In other correspondence that I have now been able to access, the store manager Zara in the Kirkstall branch puts the issues with my carpet down to organic wear (after a matter of weeks - I think not)?! and has stated in an email that Hitachi should just accept this and my complaint should be closed down (Leaving me with an awful looking carpet after months of it being laid for a notable sum of money)!

In another email Zara states that if they ‘make the problem go away’ by replacing the carpet then I may just complain about the next carpet and she insinuates in her email that there is no point in resolving the issue on this basis?!

All of the other carpets in my house are from exactly the same range and I have had these for almost five years now. Consequently, I have been able to make direct comparisons with the new carpets and they are nowhere near the same quality (My guess is that they may be using a different manufacturer)

Either way, both inspections have made the same comparisons and deemed the new carpet as having issues which has just fallen on deaf ears with Carpetright.

Thankfully, Hitachi are continuing to intervene in matters on my behalf and I will take legal action if necessary as I have all of the evidence required to do so from my end.

Based on my experience of this company I would strongly advise anyone thinking of getting new carpets to stay well away. If you shop around there are plenty of other providers whose service levels and products are of a high standard and will avoid you having to potentially experience the same countless issues that I am still being challenged with after using this company going forwards.
This company is useless,the girl in the shop didn't pass on my mobile number to the carpet fitters in the result I missed them,the shop said they would phone in the morning for another appointment which they never did.ordered Lino at the same time that was four weeks ago and iam still waiting as I've just moved into a new flat and I can't get it finished as I've no floor covering in the kitchen,hall and bathroom spent nearly eight hundred pounds,their customer service is non existed .Never use them again or recommend them to anybody.This was the Dumfries branch.
I went in for a quote, so at the off they where competitive on price. Customer service couldn't be faulted. I then went in to order which was easy and stress free. Now awaiting delivery and fitting so cannot finalise the rest of my customer journey.
I've used Carpetright 3 times over the years. The first two times they were fine. The third time was the purchase from hell. I paid for the carpet at the start of March, and it has finally been fitted at the start of September. OK, 2 months of that was due to Covid-19 lockdown, but there is no excuse for the other 4 months delay. The first 2 fitting cancellations weren't Carpetright's fault, but their point blank face-me-down-across-the-desk refusal to prioritise my order thereafter, and the next 3 cancellations, were definitely Carpetright's fault. Communication throughout the saga was - I was about to write appalling, but "non-existent" is closer. On one day the store (Oxford) had their phones set to answerphone and refused to answer emails, even when Customer Services and the Regional Manager tried to intervene. In the end I had to drive a 60 mile round trip to the store to find out when the fitter would be arriving: he has to be paid in cash on arrival or cancels the job, and I have to drive 30 miles to the tenanted house. When I got there the phones were ringing continuously and there was a sales assistant with nothing to do. I was then informed that the fitter had, yet again, cancelled the fitting. To add insult to injury, when the fitter finally *did* complete the job, he left the site saying: "Sorry, I've had to remove the toilet door and I don't have time to trim it and refit it." My poor tenants (4 who share the house) had to live without toilet privacy for 24 hours while I arranged for the door to be refitted. I still can't quite believe I've been through all this, it's quite shocking, more like 1970s monty python than 2020s reality.
Carpetright UK is rated 1.49 based on 688 reviews