Card One Banking Reviews

Banking

Click Here

Tell us how Card One Banking made you happy

Telephone
"No problems whatsoever. For a business customer they are a brilliant way of avoiding crippling business account charges. Found customer service very helpful. Cannot relate to these other comments at all and surprised by some of their ferocity."
Are you Card One Banking? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Customer service is poor Processes are poor compared to any banks, Unable to work with businesses efficiently always insisting a director calls (Even though the director has told them the names of authorised staff) Returns payments if there is a minor mistake with the name Holds money without your consent Charges a fortune in calls to contact them Poorly thought out and poorly managed I know they are not a bank as such, but if I was to do something like this I would at least take the positive aspects of a bank and try to copy them. Only opened up as it was quick and time was against us, will be advising the director to book a day out and go to open a genuine bank account as these are terrible. Best advice would be to use Cash Plus instead if in a rush, as their issues are minor compared to Card One Banking."
"I have decided to go to the ombudsman this bank does not ring u or E_MAIL at all they do not keep you inform. I find the situation of what this bank has put me through is very upsetting. All i want is my £250.00 and to no avail nothing. The police is aware of this situation this is fraud. Just having sleepless night about paying certain bills. Never in my life i though this could happen to me. Customer service i find very rude. They also tell lie one person say something and the say something totaly different. Be honest. Poor service."
"Waited ages to get my card. Then i waited to get a username, Then guess what i had to wait again to get a password. The original password was changed to one of my choice and going guess what happened next ................ it won't accept it. All i want to do is spend the money which is sitting there MY money but noy a chance. Was told my account was blocked as i had tried too many times to enter my password - so it was unblocked, tried the password again and yes you've guessed not a chance of it being accepted I am tearing my hair out its so fustrating Wish i had never opened this account i hate it"
"What I see here is a lot of people taking there mental health out on a reviewing site complaining about the fees when they are very upfront and clear about them, that I will not understand. I can honestly say they deserve the 5 stars as I cannot complain about a single thing, bank transfers that are sent to me are received instantly, the online banking system is great and my card arrived within the stated time (3-5days), I think everyone is being abit too emotional in these reviews and it shoud be rated a lot lot higher than 1.3 that's for sure."
"Customer service is disgusting they treat people like dirt on their shoe and are horrible humans"
"The most rubbish and nonsensical bank I have ever come across.Is a shame these kind of bank operate in a developed country like the UK. In a nutshell,they are fraud.High charges of calling them is fraud,monthly charge is fraud,customer service is absolute zero!! I believe some group of fraudsters operate this bank from the corners of their bedroom to be honest."
"After opening an account for my new business, I had a private loan paid across from a family member, who does not use online banking or email. I have been asked repeatedly where the money has come from, and also asked to prove this by sending in a bank statement clearly showing her name address and the amount paid across and my name. This I did this morning with the help of a 30 mile round trip, now being told that this is insufficient and I have to ask her to send an email from an account that does not have her name on it to prove that the money is a loan for my new business. Upon receipt of this they will review the situation. Not impressed had to make 10 phone calls to an over priced number so that I can find out what is happening with my money as the first time it was sent back to her without any call to me asking if this is what I wanted. the second time and four days later I had to call to find out why the money had not been credited to my account. I am a little cross that we cannot speak to the finance department as they are the ones making all the demands, have to speak to somebody on the phone who is a third party between us the customer and the finance department, wish I had read the reviews before opening the account"
"if you want punish yourself please open account with card one bank , they will hold your money and treat you like FBI,customer service very poor,call cost very high and charges you will see"
"Avoid!! Been banking with this company for 6 years and paying them £12.50 a month. Happy to take your money..then when something goes wrong, will hang you out to dry. I had some fraudulent transactions placed on my card. Correct card details provided, different name given. Didn't even flag it up to me. Contacted them and made them aware, provided a mountain of physical evidence proving it was not me. Refuse to refund me, without offering any decent explanation. Rude and blunt staff. If it's not happening to them, they don't give a dam. Still not had my replacement card through after almost a week of by card being cancelled. Disgusting service! Avoid like the plague!!"
"I have had this account for 1 year now and it's caused me, my family and partner nothing but grief each month since opening. I hold my hands up that due to my situation pre paid account was my only way of banking and I was desperate so I chose this company first. First of all having to pay the initial £12.50 to access the account is ridiculous. The charges to use the account £12.50 each month, £15/£7.50 for every bank transfer going out that day & cash withdrawal £1.50 every time a cash withdrawal is needed at any ATM machine. It's day light robbery but these are the terms. The last charge is 11p per call to the company and believe me after the amount of calls you have to make to this company because of there incompetence your paying out hundreds of £ of your hard earn money each month. Money being paid in has to be in before 15:30 mon-fri, anything after this time will not clear till the next working day so if you've missed the Friday cut off then it's a long wait to pay your bills/rent as they're not open on a weekend or bank holidays. Even then friends family have sent me faster payments before this cut of time this company makes up a lie of saying the payment may have taken more then two hours to be received from the sender so it's missed the cut off. An absolute farce. Once the money has cleared it will go in to your payment account, you'll then need to load your card account with these funds online or by an expensive phone call. It will then state after 45 mins past the hour it will take up to 1 hour to be received to your card account. This can actually take up to 3 hours so if you're in a rush to need money then have fun sat waiting and worrying for access to your own money. Moving on to my main issue which is paying out your own money to family members or whoever needs to be paid that day or week. Frustration after frustration which has now concluded with me pulling the plug with this account. Direct debits, most companies will not allow to take there monthly bill off a direct debit via your account. The card does not allow direct debits to be set up, each month you'll have to pay online or call each company up when making a payment. Not a massive problem but when abroad it again costs you more money. A payment for the same day needs to be set up and sent by 16:30. This will then take one hour to be processed and takes around two hours for the recipient to receive these funds. This can vary to £15 / £7.50 per payment. Miss the cut of time your family or friend are waiting another day to receive there funds. Now the payment sector is the one that has caused me nothing but grief. A monthly standing order has worked for me 9/10 however when initially setting up you need to give 5 days notice each month for the funds to be released. For example I'm setting the payment up for the 30th, they will take the funds out on 25th, if you're paid late then the standing order will fail. Always make sure it's set up 5 days or more after being paid!!!. Paying my family or friends off the same day payment is the sole destroyer of my experience. I have lost count now how many times a payment is set up to the correct details and I've paid the charge fee and yet the recipient hasn't received any payment. Day after day they check there accounts and nothing is received. I make the 11p per minute call to ask/question what the hell is going on. The call service is poor and the telephone manner and attitude of these people is disgusting. They give you no hope that the matter is being looked in to. The response is we will investigate this for you and pass it on to our manager. The manager seems to be an actual ghost as each call made they seem to be busy or not looked in to the situation yet. By then your phone bill is rising and rising. Eventually you hear the same response as you've heard before it's resolved now and the recipient will receive it by tomorrow. Tomorrow arrives and guess what? The money is still not received. Right now again I'm going through the same situation and I'm about to pull the plug and request for the funds back so I can just withdraw MY MONEY.. let's see how quick they can pay my money to the recipient after all it was sent one week ago! This company has to be one of the worst companies I've ever had to bank with. There's no positives other then you have a bank to recievce your wages. I would recommend to stay away from this company and seek help from other pre paid accounts if you're in the same situation as me. I'm currently making a official complaint and after the 8 week period this will be taken to the financial ombudsman who've been contacted regarding this matter. This is just an overview of certain things."
"The OFT are looking into this!! should be close down by the end of the year :)"
"CardOne ploy to fleece account holders. Yesterday I requested to transfer funds from my business account. If I wanted this to be done the same day I would have to pay £7.50. But I opted for next day 23/12/16 whereby I would pay £.30 fee for this transaction. At 12.45 on the 23/12/2016 I called CardOne to find out why funds hadn’t paid to my account but was told that because this particular transaction was processed after 4.00pm I wouldn’t be able to access the funds until Wednesday 28/12/16 next week!! The issue I have with CardOne my decision was based on the information provided by their online banking! Pay £7.50 to access funds on 22/12/2016 Pay £.30 to access funds on 23/12/2016 Just Imagine the sort of xmas I am going to have without any funds! I told them I would be closing my account because this is a ploy to charge account holders that £7.50 I was matter of fact told that it was my prerogative to do so!! In the new year I am going to take this opportunity with both hands and close this account!!!"
"i am disabled bad eye sight and i pay a fee to card one banking but what do i get ? i have been a VICTIM of fraud on my account so i have reported to the police but i have been left with 23p to last me 2 weeks and card one say they wont put back my money i noticed the fraud transactions due to go out but they would not stop them the dwp said the bank should put back my money because i am now in hardship so i have just joined another bank and reading the small print in my new account they tell me if i did not recolonize any transactions they will correct and put the money back into my account SO ANYONE THAT IS THINKING OF JOINING AVOID AT ALL COSTS BECAUSE YOUR MONEY IS NOT PROTECTED"
"????? WRITE A REVIEW “Shocking Customer service and a blocked card for no reason” Written on: 07/09/2016 by jasonlc (1 review written) I opened my account with cardone banking around a month ago. The card took nearly 3 weeks to arrive with me. I then had to ring an overpriced phone number to get my pin number. Then thew same overpriced number to get an online password sent out which still has not arrived. Today I have had some money paid in to my account which the bank has accepted. I then tried to use the money to no avail. Upon ringing the overpriced phone number again I have learnt that they have put a block on my card meaning I can not access my own money and when I asked them for a reason there reply was we dont know. Surely if someones card is blocked the company is duty bound to give a reason. I asked the company how can this be rectified and they sald they needed to see proof of my address which is not a problem to me, But they have sent me a postal address to send the documentation which is absolutely absurd and to make matters worse it can take 7-10 working days for my card to be unblocked and this is bound to actually mean another 3 weeks. The company has a customer services email which is a waste of time as they do not reply. They have a facebook page that again no one replies to. Not happy with the level of service I have received from day one with this company and even unhappier that they have left me with no way of paying my bills or doing any shopping. So if you require easy access to your money then please choose another bank which I wish I had have done from the start. Financial services ombudsman have been informed and I will be proceeding to take this matter a lot further."
Card One Banking is rated 1.51 based on 45 reviews