Card One Banking Reviews

6% of reviewers recommend Card One Banking

How would you rate Card One Banking ?

"There a joke only reason I joined due bad credit Bad decision I made, just access your account you can overdraft like of -£5 it’s a joke now I have tmrw morning to access it. Every time you call them bills are going sky high DO NOT SiGN UP WITH THEM"
"I have decided to go to the ombudsman this bank does not ring u or E_MAIL at all they do not keep you inform. I find the situation of what this bank has put me through is very upsetting. All i want is my £250.00 and to no avail nothing. The police is aware of this situation this is fraud. Just having sleepless night about paying certain bills. Never in my life i though this could happen to me. Customer service i find very rude. They also tell lie one person say something and the say something totaly different. Be honest. Poor service."
"I have decided to go for legeal advice i 'm pretty sure on the 4th of june when i am meant to get my money they will be another excuse again poor service . They had all the time to get this right and they did not ."
"I wanted to contiue about card one banking they did not keep me i form about this invesgation . I know if i dont get back my money i will go back to the police station and get legal advice . They have cause so many people sress after reading review about this bank. They should be a law to stop bank like doing business . I will wait until the 4th june was told that i would received a telephone call but i know it wont happen i truly think that they feel that you wouldgo away. They need to be stop it is not right. They have sent me three text message saying insufient money when i sent a e-mail to stop all activates. Which they did not do so lets see what happen on the 4th june will keep u inform 🤣😂"
"On the 29th march 2018. Try to withdraw money from a which i normaly get money from. On the 29th march i try to withdraw £250.00 but for some reason did not received that money. Prior to that i let cardonebanking aware of the situation i asked for a refer number so thati didnt jave to explain myself over and over again. I ask for a letter for so would be able to tell what steps they are taking for this invesgation it was declined if wanted a letter it would cost me £5 even thought i havebeen a costumer for a long period. I was told that it would take 45 day for this invesgation whic that date would be 25th mart bearing in mind from the 5th april that was the last time i range . E_mail was sent that they should be not active until i know the out come of the invesgation. Well today was the day that i shoild ring about the £250.00 only to be told that they need the all clear. This is my money what i have work hard for. I had to go to the police station to get advice. This has cause me sleepless nights and alot of stress. How can something simple go wrong with this bank thank god for my sister who has be my comforter. This bank is very worrying they are the law unto them. Whic i find very worrying as i write this i am very emotional and upset . I want my money back every penny. Now you are telling me i have to wait the 4th of june i feel that i should be compansanted for the stress you have cause me You need to give me my money back and more for what you have done🤣😂"
Elizabeth Azevedo
Verified Reviewer
"Is a disgusting service ! Not recommend to anyone, they do not know what they are doing."
"The most rubbish and nonsensical bank I have ever come across.Is a shame these kind of bank operate in a developed country like the UK. In a nutshell,they are fraud.High charges of calling them is fraud,monthly charge is fraud,customer service is absolute zero!! I believe some group of fraudsters operate this bank from the corners of their bedroom to be honest."
"After opening an account for my new business, I had a private loan paid across from a family member, who does not use online banking or email. I have been asked repeatedly where the money has come from, and also asked to prove this by sending in a bank statement clearly showing her name address and the amount paid across and my name. This I did this morning with the help of a 30 mile round trip, now being told that this is insufficient and I have to ask her to send an email from an account that does not have her name on it to prove that the money is a loan for my new business. Upon receipt of this they will review the situation. Not impressed had to make 10 phone calls to an over priced number so that I can find out what is happening with my money as the first time it was sent back to her without any call to me asking if this is what I wanted. the second time and four days later I had to call to find out why the money had not been credited to my account. I am a little cross that we cannot speak to the finance department as they are the ones making all the demands, have to speak to somebody on the phone who is a third party between us the customer and the finance department, wish I had read the reviews before opening the account"
"Not a very reputable company. They will take your acceptance fee and then a couple of monthly payment charges. They will then suddenly close your account without reason and demand you transfer your money out. Rinse and repeat with the next set of customers. I understand the Ombusman had to deal with over 5000 complaints just last year with this company. Surely something needs to be done."
"I've been a customer for awhile asked for a bank statement and they only sent me money going into my bank account not the spending after transferring to card."
"First time business owner, and they made my life living hell, with so many demands....they even wanted to have a photo of the machines that my company uses to clean customer's houses. A total waste of time. Very poor customer service and the application requirements changed based on the person that deals with your case, it appears that there are no standards to follow, everything is done on a hormonal and subjective basis. Value your time and money and don't contact them at all.....!!!!!!!"
"if you want punish yourself please open account with card one bank , they will hold your money and treat you like FBI,customer service very poor,call cost very high and charges you will see"
"Company closed our account as there was a payment into our account and we take orders every day so would not of found out for a couple of days, the money was drawn as usual in the normal way and every day, we then got a text from them later I. The day saying a a transfer had been done to some account and we did not RECONISE, so we went onto the account and was blocked, we then phoned them and they said your account has been closed due to fraud..... We where very cross with the. As this was my husbands business, they where very rude and put the phone down. Do not deal with this bank as they are not safe to use and your account can be hacked. They need reporting and shut down"
"Avoid!! Been banking with this company for 6 years and paying them £12.50 a month. Happy to take your money..then when something goes wrong, will hang you out to dry. I had some fraudulent transactions placed on my card. Correct card details provided, different name given. Didn't even flag it up to me. Contacted them and made them aware, provided a mountain of physical evidence proving it was not me. Refuse to refund me, without offering any decent explanation. Rude and blunt staff. If it's not happening to them, they don't give a dam. Still not had my replacement card through after almost a week of by card being cancelled. Disgusting service! Avoid like the plague!!"
"Wont let me withdraw £20 cash when there is £35 loaded on my card and no pending transactions. Rubbish bank. Rip you off with their endless charges."
"Fee are stupidly expensive.wouldnt recommend"
"Absolute disgusting service öfrom these people shut the account down due saying that a cheque been stolen but client says it has not been, and the charges they charge is unsatisfactory obserd if I could give minus stars i would."
"Waited ages to get my card. Then i waited to get a username, Then guess what i had to wait again to get a password. The original password was changed to one of my choice and going guess what happened next ................ it won't accept it. All i want to do is spend the money which is sitting there MY money but noy a chance. Was told my account was blocked as i had tried too many times to enter my password - so it was unblocked, tried the password again and yes you've guessed not a chance of it being accepted I am tearing my hair out its so fustrating Wish i had never opened this account i hate it"
Angry Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"I have had this account for 1 year now and it's caused me, my family and partner nothing but grief each month since opening. I hold my hands up that due to my situation pre paid account was my only way of banking and I was desperate so I chose this company first. First of all having to pay the initial £12.50 to access the account is ridiculous. The charges to use the account £12.50 each month, £15/£7.50 for every bank transfer going out that day & cash withdrawal £1.50 every time a cash withdrawal is needed at any ATM machine. It's day light robbery but these are the terms. The last charge is 11p per call to the company and believe me after the amount of calls you have to make to this company because of there incompetence your paying out hundreds of £ of your hard earn money each month. Money being paid in has to be in before 15:30 mon-fri, anything after this time will not clear till the next working day so if you've missed the Friday cut off then it's a long wait to pay your bills/rent as they're not open on a weekend or bank holidays. Even then friends family have sent me faster payments before this cut of time this company makes up a lie of saying the payment may have taken more then two hours to be received from the sender so it's missed the cut off. An absolute farce. Once the money has cleared it will go in to your payment account, you'll then need to load your card account with these funds online or by an expensive phone call. It will then state after 45 mins past the hour it will take up to 1 hour to be received to your card account. This can actually take up to 3 hours so if you're in a rush to need money then have fun sat waiting and worrying for access to your own money. Moving on to my main issue which is paying out your own money to family members or whoever needs to be paid that day or week. Frustration after frustration which has now concluded with me pulling the plug with this account. Direct debits, most companies will not allow to take there monthly bill off a direct debit via your account. The card does not allow direct debits to be set up, each month you'll have to pay online or call each company up when making a payment. Not a massive problem but when abroad it again costs you more money. A payment for the same day needs to be set up and sent by 16:30. This will then take one hour to be processed and takes around two hours for the recipient to receive these funds. This can vary to £15 / £7.50 per payment. Miss the cut of time your family or friend are waiting another day to receive there funds. Now the payment sector is the one that has caused me nothing but grief. A monthly standing order has worked for me 9/10 however when initially setting up you need to give 5 days notice each month for the funds to be released. For example I'm setting the payment up for the 30th, they will take the funds out on 25th, if you're paid late then the standing order will fail. Always make sure it's set up 5 days or more after being paid!!!. Paying my family or friends off the same day payment is the sole destroyer of my experience. I have lost count now how many times a payment is set up to the correct details and I've paid the charge fee and yet the recipient hasn't received any payment. Day after day they check there accounts and nothing is received. I make the 11p per minute call to ask/question what the hell is going on. The call service is poor and the telephone manner and attitude of these people is disgusting. They give you no hope that the matter is being looked in to. The response is we will investigate this for you and pass it on to our manager. The manager seems to be an actual ghost as each call made they seem to be busy or not looked in to the situation yet. By then your phone bill is rising and rising. Eventually you hear the same response as you've heard before it's resolved now and the recipient will receive it by tomorrow. Tomorrow arrives and guess what? The money is still not received. Right now again I'm going through the same situation and I'm about to pull the plug and request for the funds back so I can just withdraw MY MONEY.. let's see how quick they can pay my money to the recipient after all it was sent one week ago! This company has to be one of the worst companies I've ever had to bank with. There's no positives other then you have a bank to recievce your wages. I would recommend to stay away from this company and seek help from other pre paid accounts if you're in the same situation as me. I'm currently making a official complaint and after the 8 week period this will be taken to the financial ombudsman who've been contacted regarding this matter. This is just an overview of certain things."
"2 month is in and I already hate this bank! They charge you for everything normal banks don't and it's a nightmare to get cash out at an ATM. After a number of phone calls they ask me to go to a netwest bank to withdraw my money even though I was advised 5minutes earlier to attempt to withdraw! Who do I invoice for this inconvenience? Your ( £1000)"
Card One Banking is rated 1.27 based on 33 reviews