Building Happy Homes Ltd Reviews

75% of reviewers recommend Building Happy Homes Ltd

Tell us how Building Happy Homes Ltd made you happy

Telephone
"We enlisted the 'help' of Carl Anton McCann and his team with a drainage problem at our home. We initially agreed a set fee of £250 which Mr McCann ensured me would cover any eventuality. Once the engineer attended our property, we were told there was a broken pipe - this would need to be taken out and replaced, and that this would cost a total of £1000. We agreed to this cost, which was to include: - Excavation - Removal and replacement of broken pipe - Clearance of blockage - Reinstatement of ground - Clearance of site An employee did attend our property and excavate the lawn - as we later discovered, two deep holes. However, it transpired that there was no broken pipe. Nor did the employee clear the blockage or reinstate the ground he had excavated - earth, large quantities of foul waste, broken pipes and litter from his lunch were left in our garden, and the holes were not filled in. Mr McCann did not contact us again. We called in United Utilities who advised us that the problem was in the shared sewer on our cul-de-sac, not in our own sewage pipes, and that Mr McCann's representative had carried out unnecessary work that had no connection with the problem. Not only did Building Happy Homes not solve the issue, they caused a lot of damage to our garden and did not refill the holes (~3ft deep) which represented a significant health and safety failure, particularly as we were not made aware of one of the holes (hidden from sight from the house) and as we have a small child. I contacted Mr McCann, who seemed surprised to hear from me (despite the work being left unfinished), to complain and request a refund on the £500 we had paid up front. He stated that he would not offer "even a £50 refund" and that the work had been carried out to the best of Building Happy Home's ability, despite the work itself being entirely unconnected to the issue, and fully unresolved. We were entirely let down throughout the process. Work was slow, sloppy, unnecessary and incomplete. Staff left huge amounts of mess and had to be asked to clean up after themselves. Mr McCann was uncommunicative, rude, unhelpful, and representatives did not show up when expected - no one could be reached by phone. We have been advised by United Utilities - who came to resolve the issue, and who were shocked by the unnecessary work carried out by Building Happy Homes - to place a complaint with trading standards. We have done so."
"Charged me £720 for a wrong diagnosed problem.left sewage in my garden and next doors.bunch of cowboys and took money out of my account with out my permision."
"CONMEN Turned up hours late to unblock my toilet. Toilet & sink blocked again ten minutes after paying. Been given the round around for 6 days now promising me they will come back out. Never turned up , never rang me once to explain. I have taken time off work and cancelled my plans for days. I have called them asking for a refund, the manager 'Carl' is just ignoring me . Toilet still blocked. Their guarantee means nothing. RUBBISH SERVICE. £220 waste of money. DO NOT USE"
"Rubbish service. Advertise 90min call out. Plumber turned up 5hrs late. Toilet blocked again 10 mins after he left. Now on day 4 of broken promises to come back and sort it. £220 litrally down the drain. Communication rubbish. DON'T USE!!"
Building Happy Homes Ltd is rated 4.00 based on 16 reviews