BT Reviews

7% of reviewers recommend BT

Tell us how BT made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
"BT are without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with. Some of their practises must be bordering on illegal. With so many tech companies out there you would be mad to deal with this company. If I could give a negative star rating, then it would be-10. They will never see another penny of my money or anyone connected to me. Vote with your wallet people."
Are you BT? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback BT receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Shocking customer service. Can't get through. Chat service is lengthy and always disconnects before resolved. App never recognise my password. Now email reset isn't working either. I'm left with literally no way to access my own account or get help to resolve it...Shocking!"
"Terrible stability, slow connection and impossible to hold a connection on, can't play any online games because the games will disconnect instantly or give me 300+ ping and keep on climbing till the connection just stops and I disconnect, it's fucking atrocious and the only reason I haven't switched is that no one else supplies to this area. Worst part is I'm paying for way more upload and download than I am getting, have their most recent hub and most expensive package and this problem still fucking happens."
"Iv been with BT since 1973 and I'v had to leave due to over charging by BT getting out off control. No loyalty to people like myself, and I'm a pensioner off 77yrs. My daughter had to get me a mobile phone to keep in touch with friends and family. Disgusted with BT shame....????????????????????"
"Been a landline / infinity broadband / BT Sport TV customer for several years - on August 7th I renewed my contract on the strict understanding that I would be able to record BT Sport by exchanging my You View box for a You View Plus box. On that basis I was foolish enough to pay £208-80 landline fee 12 months in advance. Subsequently I have spoken to as many as nine individual BT employees in an attempt to resolve the recording issue by purchasing a You View Plus Box, quoted at £49 plus delivery. I have repeatedly been passed from person to person, placed on hold, hung up on, informed I need to also buy an additional TV package etc etc. Last night I again rang 0800 783 1401 number with the notion of either resolving the problem or cancelling my contract and requesting a refund. On this occasion I was kept on the line for one hour and 20 minutes while being passed to 3 different advisors, Chris in Doncaster, a lady and finally a Scotsman named John who assured me he'd have a brief word with his manager and get right back to me. 20 minutes later the connection was broken, leaving me absolutely fuming and my dinner burned to a crisp. Nevertheless, I rang 0800 783 1401 again this afternoon to cancel my contract but was persuaded by Amir Patel that the issue could be resolved, he would investigate and I could expect a call back in 30 minutes or so He said he'd generated a complaint ref No VOL013-235351101139 in the interim. Four hours later I have received no such call on either my landline or my mobile, both numbers having been supplied to BT. I have just called 0800 783 1401 yet again to cancel my contract within the 14 day cooling off period and to request a refund of the 12 months in advance landline charge which I am informed may take up to 7 working days to clear my account - took 5 minutes to leave my account. Ironically I also receive a BT bill yesterday and needless to say its also wrong. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing resulting in disgusting treatment for loyal, longstanding customers. Never again!! Customer ref GB08847343"
"My elderly parents live in a remote house on an Island in Orkney, Scotland. They have been through a tortuous year with BT as their "service" provider. They have now been completely without a landline or internet for 11 weeks, let alone any chance of broadband. My father has been building a new house over the past few years next to the original croft cottage he owns. In November 2016 he contacted BT to ask them to move the line from the old house to the new house and was told this could not be done until February 2017. The phone line then developed a fault around December 2016/January 2017 time and an engineer was not sent out until February. The engineer repaired the fault but would not move the phone line. My father phoned BT again to be told that the line would be moved on the 19th May. At this point, the "executive complaints department" took over following a complaint. BT then came back saying that my parents would need to register the new house as a different address, despite it being literally next door to the original house. Cutting this part of the story short, the planning department at the council agreed that this was not necessary. The BT engineer failed to turn up on the 19th May, and my parent's landline and internet were both completely cut off by BT on this date. Since then, there have been 4 more arranged dates on which engineers were supposed to turn up but have not done so, with no notice or explaination. 11 weeks after the phone was cut off and the best part of year since my father asked BT to move the line and he is no closer to getting it sorted. The "executive complaints department" has been phoning my father on his mobile regularly but is unable to tell him why the engineers have not kept to their appointments or when they will actually turn up to fix the problem. My parents have also been in touch with the Ombudsmen, the local MP and the local newspaper and are no closer to getting a resolution, which is why I am posting on here on their behalf (they have no internet to do so themselves!) BT has a Universal Service Obligation to provide all households in the UK with a landline, even in remote parts of the country, and they are certainly not fulfilling this. To have a working phone is a lifeline on a remote island as the mobile signal is not always great. My Father is in his 70's and my mother, her late 60's and are currently without any reliable way to contact the emergency services should the need arise."
"Today after so many years I walk away! Beware those still with BT when you do the speed checker and BT tell you there is a fault which they then report automatically THERE IS NO POINT! Turns out the speed we paid for was never received! We paid for a service we never had! The only offer made was to stay at a reduced service reduced cost and then to add insult to injury when we had left we were offered a lower offer than we are now paying! Feel totally ripped off and would not recommend this company to anyone"
"avoid, a bunch of liars and shitty support"
"what went wrong ? everything about bt... is it good enough answer! i wouldnt even take free service from BT"
"Abysmal 3 Months Currently stuck with BT at the moment. Was unfortunately lulled into a false sense of trust and security by one smooth experience with them in the past. This seems like a distant memory now after 3 months of beyond the worst imaginable customer service. To elaborate on this just a little... our original order for TV and broadband was mysteriously cancelled by one of bt's own staff members and the same individual brazenly called us and suggested we had cancelled it until we were eventually told it was due to a 'supplier issue' and reorderd the package for us. There has been later suggestion that the offshore workers cancel orders and put new ones through in order to earn commission and simulate a sale that they have made... Only they did not put through a replica of the deal that we ordered. It was put through with none of the add ons, with 3 mysterious connection charges adding up to 169.99 (£100 more than the original order), a lower broadband speed than was offered at the time of the original order and at a higher rate of expense. The cancellation meant we had to wait longer for our internet services to be switched on and a lot longer for the TV package to be fixed. Three months down the line we further still don't have the free upgrade to the higher speed broadband package that was on offer when we placed the original order, we have now been declined cashback through a third party because the original order was cancelled and therefore not tracked (this is something that is no fault of our own but sees us £90 down - an incentive behind our choice taken away from us). All this doesn't even take into account the time that my partner and I have had to waste talking to bt representatives, incredibly disruptive to both work and free time. Representatives that call randomly (instead of ant previously agreed times) and make it incredibly difficult to get back in touch with them. I don't think any of them read the notes, we were constantly having to spend time re-explaining the complete mess they had made of it. Very few positives to be said for the process and absolutely no sign of an apology. Our open complaint seems to have now disappeared for a second time and there seems to be no level of accountability being taken - it's as if we are wasting their time. To top this off, our broadband stopped working 6 days ago. We logged the issue with them and there was supposed to be a three day turnaround. What actually appears to have happened is they have closed the initial log as complete (pretending they met their SLA) and then re-logged the issue themselves at a later date... 6 days on we are still waiting with no internet and no contact from BT. This really is only the key points and I think I could now spend weeks writing a book on the failings of BT. I can't recommend due to their inability to provide a reliable service or react with any level of problem solving ability and customer care when things do go wrong. We still live in hope that they show us some respect and somehow turn it around."
"Like all broadband providers, BT is not perfect but so far in the few months I have been with them, they have been excellent in resolving the few issues I have had. The UK technical team have been brilliant, taking just a few days to resolve issues I have had with the apps ect. I was with VM for 20 years mainly because I worked for them, but their customer service is no better than BT and I find BT product easier to use and more inline with what an average user would need"
"Being charged for anytime phone calls they have promised to put account up to date and refund money for last three bills nothing been done yet awaiting reply from head office spend a hour every month to try and get bills repaid just been charged £40 for a £14-50 Bill we are old age pensioners so every penny is precious to us"
"Been with BT for years!! Contacted Customer Services tonight and was appalled at the attitude, basically called me a liar, was rude, ignorant and pompous. Will never go back to them, appalling!"
"Absolute shambles, with just some of the problems being: * Before I signed up I was told I'd be able to transfer the contract to someone else, which later turned out to be rubbish I was subsequently told that I'd first have to pay off the contract which entirely defeats the point. * I was told to wait in for the engineer to set everything up, and only to find out after the timeslot (when I called to find out where the engineer was) that it wasn't actually required thus wasting a day of holiday. * The connection itself would randomly die and take a long time to sort itself. * Whenever I called about problems with the connection I was fobbed off with excuses, with nothing ever resolved or any of the callbacks actually done. * The router itself was awful, and sometimes took over an hour (which I timed) to restart. * There were various hidden charges, such as setting up the phone line, removing it, an extortionate fee for the sub-standard router. * The price was increased early on in the contract, with the (legally required) notification email either never being sent or being buried in so much spam from BT that no one had any hope of seeing it. * The customer support is inconsistent, which different people telling you different things. * I asked to end the contract early as I moved house, but once this was done was then told that I'd be charged extra. I was also then told AFTER I'd cancelled it that these charges would not be applied if I'd just let the contract expire, but by this point it was apparently too late. I'd recommend people to use ANYTHING but BT."
"One of the worst companies on the market. They are professional THIEVES. The online system was down so I could not view or download invoices. So they said they will charge me £5 per invoice. Also the monthly charges are extortionate. The longer you stay with them they will increase costs and add new costs to your bill. Avoid this RIP-OFF company."
"BT are the biggest mis selling, lying cheats in U.K. Business' how the hell have the regulators not done something about them. Miss old a product - lied to continually during the process - they admitted their staff put fake notes on my account Internet didnt work for 3 weeks - 2 weeks in a row engineer didn't turn up Managers never call you back Most important they don't follow the correct complaints procedure Complete frauds"
"I was encouraged to go to BT Cloud voice to improve my business telephony performance. DONT DO IT! I have had six months of hell. Every phone call cuts off three seconds of the beginning of a conversation. This also happens when transferring calls. I have made 27 telephone calls reprting this and spent over 4 hours on the phone. The BT cloudvoice team on two occasions told me i don't have an account! I am now taking legal action against, for misselling"
"I am from Halifax w.yorkshire . Spoke to Jesse (Thursday between 5-5:30 appx 1st of june2017)one of the customer service team member.she describe everything in detail ,ins and outs of contract and I end up signing a 18 months fibre optic broadband contract . Very pleasant lady and best customer service I ever got from Bt . Keep it up Jesse , you have made my day ."
"They provided good advice and my product was sent quickly"
"Any one looking at this do yourself a favour change to anyone but these jokers Changed from BT to BT cloud should be simple you'd think Never made aware they operate as two separate entities Currently paying four lots of bills disconnection charges etc all of which was supposed to be wavered as pre agreed before changing/moving Once you log a complaint you get what seems harassed daily by customer services to deal with the problem but nothing happens For a communications company there appears to be none"
BT is rated 1.36 based on 123 reviews