BT Broadband Reviews

12% of reviewers recommend BT Broadband

How would you rate BT Broadband?

"Avoid at all costs. We was moving home so asked for a home move with BT, we gave our date of the move, yes they closed the existing line at old address but never connected at new address, no contact from BT and no one turning up to connect. After numerous calls to BT over a 2 week period and being advised differently of the reason for not being connected ( one of the reason was they had dug up the road to lay new cable from the Exchange which is outside our new home and guess what no signs of any work being done) we cancelled the order and our direct debit and went to SKY who connected there broadband within 5 days. We then had a phone call from BT asking why we had cancelled direct debit, they was advised why and we was told that we had to pay for the remainder of the contract even though we was not connected. No payment was made and had no further contact with BT. Stay clear if you can. BT are not reliable and push you from pillar to post, you will never get a correct answer from them."
David Hampton
Unverified Reviewer
"After Virgin Media cancelled seven different dates to install broadband in our new house, BT gave us a date 4 weeks ahead, knot to it, came and we've had a good service ever since. I'm usually a complainer, but in this case... BT did well."
"Broadband service dire ,just got worse as time whent on ,customer service terrible kept saying it was fixed when it wasn't,Was on line to them signal whent, they then phoned me to ask why i had stopped messaging them.! wish i had read the reviews first.Left them at a cost due to the fact my contract had not finished. small price to pay. will never use them again"
Carol Randall
Unverified Reviewer
"Moved to new house on 24 th august. Having been a bt customer for years we signed up for fibre high speed . However there is no fibre to our newvhouse . So they said we would get it 12th september. I wont bore you with all the details but now they are saying it will be after the 26th sept. They are now talking about giving us a temporary copper service but that isnt working either. We are all shelling out for extra data usage on our phones as hotspots. This is just pathetic and we are so fed up with complaining to people who seem to be powerless to do anything but sympathise . How can a company survive when it is such an atrocious mess and giving such appalling service.?"
"Terrible service, they cannot seem to get anything right. Customer service staff refuse to give any useful id so you can never get back to the same person. Most of the time calls get routed to Indian call centre whose customer service is even worse. Trying to make an effective complaint gets blocked. I would be ashamed to take my wages if I worked for such a company as BT. The regulator has recently given BT a £340 million pound fine, but who pays for that, we do the customers. I cannot wait to get away from them!"
BRIAN VERNEY
"QUICK AND HELPFULL"
"Moved to BT and what a big mistake. Broadband speed went down to less than 1mb, connection kept on dropping out, totally useless.... customer service is non existent, when you eventually get through to customer service they either put the phone down or cannot understand English and don't listen at all... also if your paying via direct debit they take double payments on various dates and when you come to the end of your contract they add charges to change provider. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND BT TO ANYONE AND WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN FOR ANY SERVICES"
"People beware, while their initial offer may see great, they do not hesitate in increasing your monthly costs, give you terrible broadband service, take money for something you do not receive and then state you must renew your contract in order for you to continue the support on their equipment. There are better services out there and would deter anyone from using BT. Too expensive, lie to the customers and basically steal money without consent. Your choice, but please look at other reviewers, we cannot all be wrong can we?"
"Due to a divorce, they made transferring the landline phone no. to my wifes name very difficult by providing the wrong information to both of us, and not being very helpful at all. While the matter has finally been resolved, I am not happy with BT, a company I've been with for over 20 years and never had a problem before with. However, I won't be using them again."
"Signed with BT for my broadband, and more than two weeks after still don't have internet. After dozens of phone calls, different people answering, different answers, they say I have to wait one more week. No reasons for that. Regretting so much choosing BT."
"I've been with BT Internet for over a decade and BT as a landline for 30+ years.. Never had an issue and always sang their praises to all my friends, etc... But when they sent me the hub5, they asked me to return the hub3 to them for recycling, which I then did. But after about 3 months orso, the hub started doing random things, such as switching off randomly and more than anything, giving me the worst wifi signal ever. So I called BT and said here must be a fault with my service. So they ran tests, I checked all my settings and everything from my side was all ok, so they sent me another hub5 and I sent the old one back.. I received the new hub5, but pretty much had wifi issues since day1. I can't get signal in the next room and it's a normal house with normal walls I live in. If I'm on my phone and walk to the kitchen, the signal drops and I'm stuck on 4g. I thought it might be my phone, but it's doing the same on my wife's phone and my work mobile, all 3 mobiles are on different providers. My laptop and tablet do the same, they drop signal if I move away from the room where the router is. I again checked everything in my house, but I don't have any interferences, as I don't have a wireless landline, I don't have any blockers anywhere near my rooms. Ie microwave or special remote controls etc.. So I bought a BT wifi extender for the other side of my house, but it never gets connection as it just cannot find the router at all, I know if works as it works fine when plugged into the main room with the router So I contacted BT and told the hub5 they sent me also doesn't work and I asked if they can just not send me the hub6, as my friends use it and they (and me when I visit) have amazing signal even long into their garden. BT then literally told me they won't do anything as I should not be using wifi enabled items as they will never offer assistance with wifi, the lady even told me that their adverts are rubbish and lie (I recorded the call!!!) So I said could they send me he hub6 because all the issues I've had and I've been with them for such a long time and they said, not a chance. If I wanted it, I could buy it but they wouldn't help me (their actual words) So I feel disgusted by their services and just plain rudeness of their staff.. I'm still contracted with them for another 5 months, but really don't want to keep paying for a service I cannot use as its **bleep** and a drain on my money and resources in the house. I would get another router, but BT have made it so difficult for this to happen, as they lock a lot of features to prevent this. I know it's only the Internet, but I make my living from it and cannot do my job correctly without it and it's stressing me out, I've already lost a customer because of lack of service.. I've been able to test a friends Hub6 while they were on holiday and the signal was amazing. Throughout my house and into my garden. So this proves that the issue is 100% the Hub5 and not my house or area itself. But BT are basicly calling me liar and do not care about us at all.. My contract doesn't finish until the 5th of April so I have to endur this rubbish for a while yet.. I have raised a claim with the ombudsman for help, as it's ridiculous..! I'm so unhappy with BT"
Natasha Parrott
Verified Buyer
"From start to finish the service received from BT has been undeniably shocking. First Issue: The equipment for my self service package was incorrect, when contacting BT was I on hold for 15 minutes to be transferred to an Indian call center. After being on hold for 15 minutes I am told they can not help me and that the number I needed to dial was incorrect, I asked the man politely to transfer me to the correct department as i had already been on hold for 15 minutes, the man advised me that he didn't have the facility to transfer me - SO, I am speaking to what i believed to be the biggest communications company in the world but find out they can not transfer between departments. My problem here is that i made the advisor aware when taking the package that i needed to the service live by a certain date as i work from home and was due to have a very important conference call that i needed to attend - I missed this call and therefore lost a lot of money. Second Issue: I called back the following day, again I was on hold for another 20 minutes to have the phone line cut on me; resulting in having to ring back again and remain on hold for an additional 15 minutes. By this point I am no longer happy to put my faith and business in the hands of a company that cant A. get an initial package right B. Answer the phone in a timely manor C. Cut the line on me when calling and finally are unable to communicate between themselves. Third Issue: I have cancelled my package with a lovely young man who was understanding, he cancelled my package for me and advised me that there would be no charge whats so ever, he would send out a bag for me to return the equipment and that would be the end of it - Well, it wasn't... £88+ was deducted from my Bank account. As you can appreciate i am becoming more and more frustrated, I rasised a compliant at this point, i requested confirmation of my complaint in writing and asked when i would expect an outcome, i was told a manager would call me back - I NEVER GOT THIS CALL BACK AND THE COMPLAINT HAS NOT BEEN HANDLED. Forth Issue: I contact BT again re a refund, i am left waiting on the line for 20 minutes to be told that there was nothing they can do and that i am to contact my bank and do an indemnity claim. I have now wasted near on 1 and a half hours resolving an issue of which should not have arisen in the first place. I got the monies back from bank and believed everything had been resolved. Fifth Issue: I received a letter/final bill stating that I have £71.64 outstanding.... I once again call BT, i am on hold for 10 minutes - i ask to immediately to discuss this issue with a Customer Service manager to be told that is not something i am able to do but was offered a call back by a manager - I am not happy with this, especially knowing that my compliant has not been handled and i have not yet received the last call back i was expecting. Sixth Issue: The call handler cuts the call - I am calling back AGAIN but placed on hold! I am told that i am unable to speak to a manager - Why i do not know and so i am left feeling that what is seen to be the largest communications company in the world actually doesn't really care and have in deed lost sight of what a good and respectable service looks like! The service is possibly the worst i have EVER received. I receive a far better service when shopping in a market hall buying fruit and veg!"
Markus Rafael Lombard
Verified Buyer
"My broadband is slow and continually drops out everyday, I'm told different things by BTs staff in their Indian call centre. I've had two new HomeHub4 since May, when my original was hit by lightning. I live in a village that has an ancient exchange which has never been updated, therefore I can not move to another broadband supplier as they would have to piggyback of of BT's old equipment. My broadband drops daily at 17:00, and may or may not return by 19:00...quite often continues dropping out until after midnight. At weekends my service is intermittent from Saturday morning onwards. A few years ago after that storm I has the same problem, 3 engineers came out and two told met here was nothing wrong, the third one went up the telegraph pole and found my line connection had corroded and dropped off. Did BT refund the £128.00, of course not they kept that... I hate BT it's run by lying charletons, only interested in making money for its shareholders, and has no interest in investing in its infrastructure...especially in outlying villages. When the do speeds checks, they do them from London 50 miles away not the exchange in the village."
"Been with BT for 1 year and we had to cancel out a few months before it ended because we was not getting the full internet service of 8mb and regular tests displayed 0.01mbps with frequent disconnections. I was quite fumed and customer service could not help with anything, not even upgrade or send engineers. I know its not my property thats the problem because i had no problems with virgin before. Furthermore we were charged £200+ For early termination of contract, of course its not worth doing that but the service team said we wont get charged anything for leaving early which is what we did unfortunately. We tried to get a record of this evidence but BT did not record the conversation, how smart and dirty of them! Anyway, i got a letter recently with BT saying we owe them £90, to be honest thats just a joke, they've already taken £200 off our direct debit without consent! So everyone, dont join BT for heavens sake and find an honest provider elsewhere, they offer better internet and even cheaper deals!"
"MOST DISHONEST AND CORRUPT BULLYING ORGANISATION I HAVE COME ACROSS - I WARN YOU TO CHECK EVERY TRANSACTION WITH A FINE TOOTHCOMB AND SET ASIDE MANY HOURS AND A SPARE LINE TO MAINTAIN CONTACT"
"Great customer service today from the Call Centre in upgrading my Broadband. To infinity and beyond! Thanks for your help."
"BT broadband in rural Staffordshire not good and customer service appalling"
Christopher Wanless
Unverified Reviewer
"broadband issues yet again! And as usual customer service from bt is atrocious! Broadband speed is 0.21mbs, not real broadband eh?"
Robert De Vries
Unverified Reviewer
"Bt sucks bigtime broadband ordered 21 aug still not connected after so many bt cock ups abismal customer service"
"Anyone know of any BT broadband problems in the manchester area. Been without internet for 2 days now, customer service is appalling! Not helpful at all"
BT Broadband is rated 1.54 based on 26 reviews