Bristol Nail and Beauty Training School Reviews

Bristol Nail and Beauty Training School 5 star review on 23rd August 2020
Jordanna Kissoon-Carr
Bristol Nail and Beauty Training School 5 star review on 11th August 2020
Danielle
I completed the classic lash extension course at the training school. The email I received said the course was to start at 9am so I arrived at 8.45am. The shutters were down just past 9am so I thought there was a mistake and that the course would begin at 9.30 instead? The shutters finally came up at 9.45am! Straight away I felt so awkward as I was met by the teacher who I had to prove the timings from the email I had received. I then had to wait on my own for the other student who was taking the course. When we finally began there was no introduction or getting to know the other student. We had to sit and listen to the teacher basically read the manual that was sent as well as her experience in the industry. It wasn’t till we started to practice on the dummy heads that I started to learn something. When we finally got round to practicing on one another I found the lesson really enjoyable and useful. I think the course would be so much better if it was more practical based as I had already read and completed the worksheets in the manual beforehand which were completely dismissed at the end(I.e didn’t need to do them!) I’m really shocked no one has called me back from leaving a message on the answer phone whilst waiting outside for so long. It has hindered me from completing another course at the school.
Hi Jodie,

First of all we would like to sincerely apologise for the wrong timings being given to you for this course. We don't generally run this course on a Friday (we did this to be more accommodating for another student as she couldn't have Thursdays off). Our normal Classic Lash Extensions course runs 9-3, so I believe this is why you were sent the wrong times. This is not an excuse but we just wanted to start by explaining how this may have happened. Secondly, our receptionist called in sick that very morning so it was very unfortunate that there was no one there to greet you or to let you in to the building to wait, again, we sincerely apologise for this. As for not being called back, we were under the impression that apart from the issue with the start time, that you really enjoyed the course and we noticed on your social media page that you were offering Classic Lashes following your course so we assumed that all was well, which again we apologise for if not the case. We offer a free half day course to all our students following their training, so please feel free to utilise this and come back for a free refresher, no theory we promise :). On the topic of theory, all of our courses follow the same structure and we think it is absolutely crucial to run through the manuals and health and safety etc throughout the day as some students are not as prepared as you and often attend without reading it at all. As a training academy it is our duty to ensure students are given the right knowledge and tools before starting the practical element of the course. Your tutor Ashleigh advised that she ran through this whilst you were practising on the mannequins, to make sure you had plenty of practise before performing the treatment on each other. The "Test your knowledge" section of the manual is for students to complete at their own leisure and we don't always ask for students to hand this in, especially as the other student on your course hadn't completed hers, Ashleigh felt it was unfair to put her under pressure to complete this before leaving. Our course content and layout is clearly explained on our website, and the manuals are sent beforehand so students can prepare for the course beforehand if they so wish. It is amazing that you read through and answered the questions before attending, hopefully you feel as confident with the theory as you do with the practical side of the treatment.

We really hope you you consider us in the future for your training needs, but if not we completely understand and we wish you luck in your beauty journey xx
I did the Full Nail Tech course and E-Filing with Lucy and Tracy. They’re both such amazing teachers! All the girls at the salon made me feel so at ease, they’re all lovely! Learnt so much in such a short amount of time... will definitely be coming back for other courses soon, I loved the whole experience. Thank you!!!❤️
I was here a few weeks ago for the full nail tech course. I can honestly say it was amazing the tutors were brilliant and so in depth, everyone was lovely and made me feel so welcome. I would highly recommend this training school and will definitely be back in the future for some beauty courses. Loved it! X
I recently attended the e-file training and it was brilliant! Very knowledgeable educator who was happy to answer any & every question. The studio is beautiful and has such a nice relaxed atmosphere! Would highly recommend xx
Everyone at the training school is so lovely and welcoming. They really take the time to help you learnt the techniques and skills, always patient and supportive. Wouldn’t go anywhere else for future training as these guys are the best!
I have been to two training courses with Bristol Nail and Beauty and I cannot recommend them enough. Both times, every person I’ve met has been professional and helpful. Everyone is really down to earth and makes you feel welcome, instantly putting any nerves at ease. I will definitely be booking more courses in the future.
Attended the hair extension course, went in with 0 confidence and by day 2 I was like a completely different person with my confidence! Shannon was very patient with me and gave me the confidence boost I needed! Amazing course and a fantastic training school x
Absolutely brilliant! I was a complete beginner and have learnt so much! I can't thank all the girls enough for starting me off in a new career that I know I'm going to love💖
Brilliant training. Lovely staff and tutors, very friendly and professional. Low numbers in teaching classes ensures every detail is covered thoroughly. Great value for money as well.
I had the best day yesterday training with Tracey. I learnt everything I needed to know and it was all very relaxed! We had a laugh and learnt allot. I’ll be back. Thankyou
I completed the full nail course + efiling here. The teachers were lovely and super supportive throughout. Felt comfortable and well informed throughout. Definitely prepared me to go pro! Thank you again to Bristol Nail and Beauty School!
Lovely clean environment very friendly people and very much enjoyable
I attended yesterday for the Gel manicure/pedicure course and I can honestly say it was one of the best days ever , Lucy was so lovely and so supportive and you could see she wanted us all to leave feeling confident and happy to go out on our own as nail technicians and I couldn’t have wished for a better tutor as I feel so ready now to do on clients. I can’t wait to be back to see Lucy, lottie and everyone there. In the new year . Totally recommend .
Bristol Nail and Beauty Training School 5 star review on 12th November 2020
I completed the training for lash lift and tint course. I honestly cannot recommend this training school enough, the day was brilliant with pretty much one to one training which was not only so informative but really personal.I’ve left feeling so confident in performing treatments and setting up my little business. I will definitely be booking with these lovely ladies again to extend my treatment list. Thank you so much Abbie!! Xx
Bristol Nail and Beauty Training School 5 star review on 11th November 2020
Very professional and a lovely team of ladies. I felt very welcome and comfortable and am delighted to say I’m going back for another training course.
Absolutely excellent course! I felt so welcome and got stuck in straight away. It has really given me the confidence to go out and offer this service. I have also booked on another course!
Very welcoming, very professional, I would deffinately recommend the courses to friends and family. My tutor Ashleigh was amazing she explained everything that we needed to know so clearly that it's still stored in my head. Would deffinately come back again to do more courses.
I’ve done full course of Nail technicians and waxing too and the teachers were brilliant. Very supportive and helpful. I feel very happy and confident with my achievements and am very grateful for it.
I would highly recommend this Academy !
Lucy and Tracy are so warm and thorough! I had been practising beforehand to try and get a head start and I was lumpy bumpy. Tracy taught me how to smooth out my bumps and it's so smooth now. They're so kind so patient which is what you need. The equipment they provide you with is also very high quality. The course is a bit more expensive than others but I've been to others and here you get A LOT MORE. If I'd known how good it was going to be I would have come here first of all. Very excited to start my nail tech journey thanks Bristol Nail and Beauty! Pst. I didn't want to go home haha
Bristol Nail and Beauty Training School 5 star review on 31st October 2020
Fantastic training courses provided by friendly and experienced tutors. Fran, Lucy & Cassie all made me feel at ease with their welcoming manner and huge amounts of knowledge! Thank you ladies! Can’t wait for my next course at the end of the week! xx
Bristol Nail and Beauty Training School is rated 4.97 based on 65 reviews