Box.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Box.co.uk
Read Box.co.uk Reviews

First Avenue, Minworth

Tell us how Box.co.uk made you happy
A delivery saga that turned into a nightmare. I have only given three stars as, although BOX support guys were so good (James, Raj and Kully), it was their courier/delivery company (ArrowXL) that has caused pain. If it was not for ArrowXL's performance then BOX would have been given 5 stars. I did not know that the courier was ArrowXL and that all of BOX's white goods and large TVs etc were also warehoused by..ArrowXL and they do not come from BOX themselves (this info is very important in the ensuing saga) The saga starts. We wanted to replace our old LG washer and LG Tumble dryer. We wanted LG again, LG had a cash back on the Washer that ended on 30th Sept. We had a large number family coming to stay with us for the weekend and we were relying on the two laundry goods to arrive on the Friday 1st Oct. BOX were the only ones that had stock of the cashback model as well as the model of tumbler that we wanted so... On 29th Sept I phoned BOX and spoke to James who assured me that they had stock and we ordered both items for delivery on Friday 1st October and paid extra for a recycling of our old washer and a 'wet connect'. Friday 1st October: Early Friday morning we received two emails from Arrow... The tumble dryer had gone to the wrong hub, The washer could not be found. I phoned ArrowXL and spoke to their customer relations agent who said that the tumble had gone to Wigan (which, I found out, was the same place as their main warehouse!!). She said that it was on its way down to Enfield where it would then come out to us. I asked if it arrived at the Enfield depot later on Friday, could it be sent out for Saturday delivery. She said maybe but also probably not as it had to go to 'LOCATION' (another word for a different area of the Enfield warehouse where deliveries go out from). I then phoned BOX (James) who was very apologetic and reassured us that there was plenty of stock of the washer and that he had no idea why the Tumble had gone to the wrong hub. He said that he would follow it up and come back to me. I phoned ArrowXL again at about 4pm and was told that the Tumble dryer had arrived. I asked if it could be quickly turned around as I had paid for a swift delivery..the answer was no and that it would have to be Tuesday 5th. Box came back, apologised again and this time it was a more senior member of staff (Raj) who said that he had no idea what was occurring but said that he was going to put another order through for rapid next day delivery.He said he would not cancel the first order in case that turned up. Two sets of goods were now on their way to us (or so we thought..Arrow thought otherwise) Saturday 2nd Oct: No machines turn up and BOX are closed (but Raj does call me and says that it should be on for Monday) Monday 4th Oct: Arrow send one email with a 2 hour time slot for delivery of the washing machine... I phone them and ask why no tumble dryer email..I was told that it had not been taken to 'LOCATION' (remember that word from before?) I ask why..I was told that there were no staff (this turns out to be a blatant lie)...when will we get the Tumbler.. she doesn't know... what about the new BOX order?...she doesn't know anything about that. I phone BOX and they are totally flummoxed. Raj says that he will cancel original order and put yet another one through. ..I say that I am concerned about the stock running out and us losing the LG cashback (£150 so not puny)...Raj says that he will put a stop on anyone else purchasing the last washer 'in stock'. Tuesday 5th Oct: I get an email delivery time slot for the tumble dryer but also a message saying that they could not find the washing machine again (this is the second one). I phone BOX and spoke again to RaJ ..ArrowXL have found the washers in their warehouse! and that ours would be a 24 hour service. Tumble dryer does not arrive. Wednesday 6th Oct: .. no sign of anything, no emails from ArrowXL..no Arrow manager phones 'within the hour'. Raj says that he will be off but that James will watch it...Raj says that he totally understands how I feel but ArrowXL are the cause of the problem. Thursday 7th Oct: Tumble dryer arrives in the afternoon. The two men . say that they have not been told about unpacking and removing rubbish..they are surly but do it and leave. We get a phone call from a manager at ArrowXL..many apologies etc, not usual happening, etc (I had read the Google reviews and Trustpilot 3200+ appalling reviews and it certainly was not 'unusual'). He went on to say that the washing machine would be delivered on Saturday 9th (over a week late)...I say that it is a recycle and 'wet' connect..he says that he will message it through personally. Saturday Oct 9th: Washer arrives, the men say that it is 'not to be unpacked' let alone connected! They do it anyway and take away the old machine. I phone the Arrow manager and he said that BOX gave the 'do not unpack' instruction.. unfortunately BOX are now incommunicado!!!
Small value purchase, paid extra for next day delivery. Item marked as dispatched same day, but didnt arrive next day. Contacted Customer Services twice, (morning and afternoon) to be told both times they would contact the dispatch department by email (they don't have phone contact with them!!) and get back to me. Had no contact back. Item was delivered the following day, but shows it wasn't even booked in until the day it was meant to arrive... After sending further emails, delivery cost was refunded. Item is good, Customer Service & Contact lets them down.
My order took nearly a week to dispatch for some reason. Packaging was a bit excessive but it arrived in one piece.
Good price and quick response but, unfortunately, a glitch in the software somewhere between Paypal and Box managed to lose a critical line from my address. Luckily I was monitoring the tracking of the parcel and managed to get in touch and sort it out. Note that it's pointless contacting Hermes (the delivery company) in such instances as, confusingly, Box do not farm out the customer care but do it themselves.
The item arrived on time and as ordered - my review would have been good had I not been charged for using Paypal - this is the first and only time this has happened and will make me seriously reconsider using BOX again
Ordered a new gaming mouse on Saturday morning with delivery estimated 3-5 working days, package arrived the following Friday afternoon with no issues
Great product , very slow dispatch and delivery wasnt much better , only order from these people if you arnt in any kind of rush because they arnt ! .
The box came damaged, in a platic bag with DPD...
The product was good at a reasonable price, but it was not packaged at all except for a plastic bag and as a result the box it comes in was bumped and damaged - luckily everything inside was okay.
Item went missing for 2 weeks - still waiting refund after 4 days of promise it would be refunded
Problem was courier, no card left and tracking stated signed for by neighbour but how am I suupose to know what neighbour?
I had problems registering using Google Chrome. The field where I entered my name insisted it had to match my debit card. It did but the site (or browser) refused to accept my registration. I had to switch to IE in the end. There was a £50 cashback but zero details how or where to claim it. They were "OK" but so is everybody else!
Order Number: S6X-K9H-3PR-NDZ Email Address: stewjw@gmail.com Order Date: 30/07/2015 Invoice Address: Stewart Wood 8 Willet Close Sileby Leicestershire United Kingdom LE12 7SY I have emailed but not had a reply today. Hermes made an attempted delivery last Friday and there has been no redelivery and they have no collection point. Their tracking information hasn't changed since the 1st August its now 6th August. Box enquiry ref Ref:{7TFM4JEVGD}:P 5564871561884686 Postcode: LE12 7SY I just noticed there has been a recent change to the tracking info yesterday so fingers crossed 05/08/2015 05:46 Manifested to Courier Its rediculous having a courier service which has no collection points unless they deliver in the evenings since most people will be out working during the day. In the US couriers use supermarkets which are open late as collection areas and delivery points. Regards, Stewart
Competitive pricing and good range of products but let down by the fact that delivery to store was not as promised.
Packaging left a little to be desired, the KB box was pretty beaten up inside the polythene bag it had been posted in. Otherwise a good transaction, quick dispatch and low price!
I have put a 3 star rating due to the product price which was the cheapest on the internet. The delivery service was anything but 3 star however. Admittedly I opted for the free 5 day delivery but as with other online retailers I expected this to be a maximum wait not a statement of fact. I ordered the item on a Wednesday morning, payment was taken on the following Friday and I then received a notification on the following Tuesday that item was being despatched. I finally got the item on the following Thursday after having to travel 15 miles to the sorting office to pick it up.
Although the actual service is good and prompt they do make things harder for themselves. The first alarm I purchased for myself was not delivered on Saturday (through no fault of Box), when I called them I found out they do not operate a customer service on weekends which to me is a little ridiculous considering how big they are. When i spoke to someone on Monday they refunded my delivery charge straight away. However, the problem did not finish there. Two days later I purchased the same alarm for my brother in law to arrive on Friday, only to find out on Friday (delivery day) that my account has been put on hold despite paying £800 for two alarms. Once again, I had to call customer services and they couldn't explain why my account was on hold and that they would resolve this for me. I then decided to call someone in Accounts who also had no idea why my account was on hold, but they managed to find out. The simple fact that I received a refund for my delivery charges for the first order (Saturday delivery) the "system" somehow froze my account. This now meant that I would receive my delivery on the Monday, despite asking for a Saturday delivery they did not want to accommodate me for all the unnecessary delay and confusion. Had I not called Box to inquire why my delivery was being delayed I honestly do not know how long I would have had to wait for this to be picked up by someone who would of just got in contact with me to resolve any issue. I feel they are more reactive than proactive which does not give a good impression especially when you are selling products through an Internet portal. Overall, good customer service (when you tell them what the problem is).
A competitive price and promise of the item being in stock was the attraction. Ordered on a Saturday so processed on Monday, as would be expected. However, sending out on the Thursday for 'next day' delivery wasn't and lack of any ability to track meant I stopped in for two days before it arrived Monday lunchtime.
Product was as described. Delivery was slow and took 3 days on payed for Next Day Delivery. Outer and inner boxes were damaged (due to carrier).
Product as described and seems 100% (After only 2 days usage) Delivery, however was really disappointing. I paid for the enhanced 48Hr delivery but it took , in fact. 10 days to be delivered. On enquiry , i was told that it was 48 hrs after the pc was built -- no indication on the website that this was the case. Packaging was poor . and the outside box had significant damage despite being cris crossed with "Fragile" tape. DPD were the couriers. -- I was so concerned that I took pictures of the package before I opened it, fearing that the contents would be damaged. Cosmetically there was no damage, but after only 2 days use who knows????
Box.co.uk is rated 4.24 based on 1,772 reviews