Boots Reviews

51% of reviewers recommend Boots
1 New Reviews Written
6PM
6PM

About Boots: Buy health and beauty products online from the UKs most popular chemist, Boots. Find pharmacy services, prescriptions, baby, diet, fitness, hair products and perfume. Check out the huge selection of our online products, the number one store the UKs.

Boots Customer CarePO Box 5300

Categories:
Hair&body
Health & Beauty
Make-Up
Perfumes

Tell us how Boots made you happy

Postal Service, Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Avg Email Response Time
-1 hours
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"Can’t believe boots is still going. Awful staff, terrible managers. Pharmacy doesn’t know anything."
Are you Boots? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"My on-line order was incomplete and wrong item included in it. I had to re purchase my original order, refund item which was not mine. As this was at the holiday period, my order was too late when it arrived and refund was not straight forward. In all this took 12 days from ordering to refund. Very disappointed"
"I placed my perfumes order on 20th of December which was expected on 22nd for store collection I visited store several times but order not arrived yet it’s 5th of January today still waiting for my order emailed them several times and kept calling but no gain.today I opened a case in PayPal resolution centre as I paid by PayPal.worst customer service"
"I placed an order online on the 19.12.17 for some perfume for a christmas present due in local store on 21.12.17. It has never arrived and it is now the 05.01.18 and I have still not received it. I have made numerous calls to customer services and everytime I am told a different answer and it is never resolved. The annoying thing is the item was actually in stock in store. I asked if I could just have the one in store and then they keep the one delivered for me. I was told this is not possible by customer service, yet that is what I am been told now!! I have emailed a complaint and I have still not received a reply or any correspondence to let me know of any delay. This is even though my email is on my record but still no reply. God knows how this will end but I will never use bootsonline again. Worst service I have ever received."
"I went into Boots at the fort Birmingham today to buy some aftershave for a Xmas present I don't really do reviews but feel compelled to document my experience, the lady who served me at the perfume counter exceeded any customer experience I have received for a long time. The after shave I wanted had been on offer but the 100ml bottle had all gone off the shelf ,she kindly checked the stock and said there was two bottles showing on stock she then went to the stores and came back with the required purchase,it then materialised that the offer had finished but the price tag was still showing the sale price,she promptly went and seen a supervisor who agreed I could purchase at the sale price,how fantastic to know some people who work in retail actually want to serve the public in a professional and helpful manner I didn't get the ladies name but she was wearing a black headscarf nothing was too much trouble well done, faith in human nature restored excellent service keep up the good work."
"I spent a great deal of my Sunday afternoon completing an online shop for boots in the vain hope that it would save me time .... Not so!!! On finishing and with current vouchers in-hand, I proceeded to input voucher details to which each and every one was met with INVALID... Not so!!! Then I tried to delete each and every item and even empty the damn basket - this took for what felt like an eternity... In frustration, I closed down the browser. I am not quite sure who set this online facility up, but in my opinion, they need to change their day job. Quite frankly, it is complete rubbish... Unimpressed and will definitely not recommend it to anyone. What is the point in having a points card that you cannot utilise to the full online with your account nor in fact input voucher details?? I think that the 6 years olds that I teach could teach your online technicians a thing or two..."
"My experience working at Boots Watford I am writing to you regarding a conversation I had with Ade who is one of your floor managers for the beauty department at Boots Watford, whereby I was wrongly discriminated against. I am currently employed by Artisan People and have recently been working temporarily for Liz Earle in Boots Watford Intu. I do not consider myself disabled as having eczema does not prevent me from carrying out day to day duties but, it is however a long-term condition that I have no choice over. I would like to high-light that under the Equality Act 2010 provides that a disabled person cannot be discriminated against in the following circumstances: • At work • When buying, or renting property • In education • When providing goods, facilities or services I would also like to state that Liz Earle is a naturally active skincare beauty brand. They base their philosophy and principles around natural products, looking and feeling great and ensuring that their products are available for all skin types. Liz Earle also states; "we create products for every skin type and that while beauty is of course much more than skin deep, we want to make a difference in better looking skin that can attribute to our confidence and self-esteem". Today on the 23rd October 2016, I believe that I was wrongly discriminated against by a member of your management team, Ade, who is currently the floor beauty manager of boots Watford. The discriminatory act was as follows; Firstly, she asked me to follow her to the office. At this point I was under the impression that I was about to get into trouble for doing something incorrectly pertaining to the job role - this was not the case. Secondly, Ade took me into the office to talk about my Eczema, a skin condition I have suffered with since the age of two and I am now twenty-one years old. She then began asking if there was "something wrong with me", if "I were ill?" and "if I were okay?". The conversation then carried on as follows; employer : "Please we have had complaints about your itching, you were lifting your arm up to itch and it doesn’t look right. As a beauty department, this doesn’t look good for our customers, please can you not do that?" I then said in complete confusion: employee: "oh really? who has made the complaint?" employer: "I cannot tell you that but when we have customers or staff complaining about you itching it doesn’t look good, so please could you try to refrain from itching?" employee: "Okay, do you want me here?" employer: "Of course I do but as this is the beauty department it does not look good". employee: "I don’t understand, this is something I suffer with. I am not choosing to itch, if I could stop it I would and I think I am going to go home". employer : "Okay, if you’re feeling that bad that you cannot work that’s fine". The manager Ade had ultimately told me that having Eczema is not beautiful and I do not care if this is something you suffer from and cannot help, you need to refrain from doing so as it does not look good for us and prevents us from potential sales. I left the conversation without any hostility towards her and had remained entirely calm throughout. At this stage I could only look at her in dismay as I was trying to figure out whether or not she was being serious about the topic and content of the conversation, or essentially just had a complete lack of people skills. Following this conversation, I can only say that I felt broken and my confidence had been shattered by someone that had no understanding of how and why this was going to severely affect me. I later went home and began to feel embarrassed and ashamed, I could not stop crying about what had happened earlier in the day. I felt as though I were made to feel I had something wrong with me and that I had done something wrong. I should make it personally clear that if I were not the strong person I am today, this conversation could have broken me to the extent to where I fell into deep depression or turned to suicide. People who suffer from this condition are made to hear comments like these all of the time and have to look the other way. We should not have to go into a place of work where we feel safe and receive antagonising, patronising and vindictive abuse from managers who have a duty of care for us. In saying this, I do believe that Ade may not have understood or realised the extremity of her comments, but I would have thought that someone especially of a managerial position would have possessed the decorum, people skills and a sense of morality to better address a situation like this. I would also like to point out that the fact I was even brought into the office for such an issue is shocking and so I have no doubts that others may have experienced prejudice or discrimination during a recruitment process for this company, due to the idea that they feel such conditions may tarnish the 'look' of their brand. I feel there is a lot more to be said and considered about this issue I have personally been subjected to, and therefore suggest that Boots as a company invest more into their staff training and management to avoid further situations like these. Boots should be aware that there is no excuse for this type of behaviour from their staff, especially its managers, as they should employ people who have a sense of compassion for other human beings."
"My return got lost in the post. After providing proof of postage by email, I received a reply three days later to say the refund would be in my bank account within 3-5 days. 10 days later I'm still waiting. I called today to check on progress and was told they would issue the refund again because the first one hadn't worked (?). When I asked why the first one hadn't worked, I was told that before they issue a refund they have to do some checks, which doesn't really answer the question. I gave up trying to understand. Fingers crossed this time it will work! If you use Boots Online and need to return something, make sure you are on the ball and actually receive the refund. Overall, it's a pretty stressful shopping experience."
"The shipping took upto 4 working days which didnt really bother me but the packing off all my make up item was in great condition."
"Had an amazing make over done by Lauren off the Estée Lauder counter at boots metro centre. She listened to my concerns regarding my skin and made me look beautiful thank you so much."
"I had swallowed a fish bone, a few days before this event. The bone had gone down by now, but it had left my throat sore. I went to a local Boots to ask the Pharmacist what he thought would help. He recommended Difflam spray. When i got home I realised he had not asked me if I was on any other medication or what conditions I have. A requirement of all pharmacists when buying something from behind the counter. I discovered that this spray can have issues if you take Asprin, or are asthmatic. I take Asprin, and guess what??? I have asthma. If he had acted professionally and asked the relevant questions I would not have purchased this item. I complained to Boots and spoke to the customer services manager, she thought it right to apologise for my "disappointment" DISAPPOINTMENT? I was angry not disappointed. She was rude and lacked all understanding of my issue. She offered to refund the item, and compensate me with £8 all on a Boots gift card. Not really compensation!!! I noted that the leaflet in the item clearly states that there could be an issue with Asprin and people with asthma. This manager disagrees. She probably knows better than the manufacturer. Please note...If you are being offered a medication from behind the counter the pharmacist must ask you, (a) What other medications you are on, and (b) what conditions you have , if any..... Disgraceful......"
"Sorry is nothing took 3 days to place an order which still can't be placed. The most rubbish website ever. Doesn't load almost like there is no Internet and then error. All they'd do is apologies which means nothing"
"I was their web customer for more than 6 months. I ordered every month. This month I tried to order 4 times unsuccessful for no reason. I contact their "Customer Card Centre" but they didnt give me any information, because " Thank you for getting back to us regarding your order cancellation. Unfortunately we are not advised as to what these checks involve so we are unable to inform you as such. " They blocked all my money for more than 30 days for no reason!!! Im very disappointed, really! After they blocked my money, with 4 cancelled orders for no reason, they advise me to order again! Terrible, I havereally no more words ... I wobt be their Customer anymore. Big mistake!!!!"
"Having visited the store in Merryhill. I needed advise on what No7 foundation would suit me. The assistant Janeen was most helpful she did a skin test and recommended warm ivory which unfortunately was out of stock. She did however give me a sample to take home and try. Nothing was to much trouble for her."
"The girl behind the counter was stubborn and seemed to deem herself a doctor!"
"Make sure when you order from Boot.com that you are not misled with delivery dates. I was quoted next day delivery but once order was placed the delivery changed to three days time. Then when you call Customer Services you are told that they do not have the means to cancel any orders made. Very odd!"
"Online price per photo print is 11p, one of the best prices out there. In store price is 40p. I made 142 prints for £56.80. Called customer service, offered 500 points on Boots card and said they can't match the price"
"I wanted to purchase a pair of Joules sunglasses. I purchased on line and the item arrived through my letterbox 'loose' (no case), scratched lens (unsurprising given no case) and WITH SECURITY TAG ON!! I first contacted boots by telephone ( my cost), then 3 times by email and finally got a response telling me to take them to a nearest store (8 miles away plus parking cost!!). I am now £70 missing with an unusable pair of sunglasses. Pretty well the WORST customer experience I can remember. Please SORT IT OUT BOOTS! Refund and collect, entirely your fault!"
"at uckfield branch excellent service from staff member in civvies who saw I was struggling"
"Avoid at all costs"