Boohoo Reviews

38% of reviewers recommend Boohoo

How would you rate Boohoo?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Frederik
"About Boohoo: the people who make up this company are a bunch of cheats, the few positive feedbacks are obviously written by management themselves. This company cannot be taken seriously; 15!!! directors in their management team and still no one has any understanding of customer service or, more likely, they are just a bunch of greedy people who absolutely don't care at all about their customers. Here is the link to the management page so you can see (and count) for your self: http://www.boohooplc.com/about-us/board-of-directors.aspx It is unbelievable that in the year 2018 when we thought customer care was essential/crucial, this company is still disrespecting its customers in such a gross manner. It is a shame that so many hard-working customers are receiving such a poor treatment, my urgent advice: DONT BUY FROM THEM AND COMPLAIN, maybe they will one day show us, customers, some respect."
Emma
"I've made two purchases from Boohoo, both disastrous. The first time I bought several items including Beauty and the Beast Soap Petals which came in an acetate bell-shaped jar in a cardboard box. They threw all my items in a flimsy plastic satchel with no bubble wrap. Predictably, the packaging of the Bath Petals was mangled beyond description. It took several emails to work out exactly what I needed to do. First they said I may not need to send the item back, and then they said I would. They also wouldn't replace the item, they would only issue a refund. I had to post the item back at my own expense, retaining the receipt; wait up to 28 days from receipt of the item at their end for a refund; THEN send them a scan of the receipt asking to be refunded separately for the postage costs. The whole process took well over a month and more than a dozen emails, not including order confirmations etc. When I bought the replacement item, it too as sent in a flimsy plastic satchel with no protection. Foolishly, I made a second purchase. on November 26 I bought three Body & Bath Advent Calendars, because they looked awesome, and I know a bunch of teenage girls who I thought would love them. "Surely," I thought, "they'll send THESE in a box." Nope. They were thrown loose into a large satchel, not even a shred of bubble wrap, and all three calendars arrived crushed, torn, mangled, dented and dirty, with the items dislodged. Not only that, but they took 15 days just to dispatch the items. I emailed Boohoo right away. By the way, they always send you an email saying "we’ll pop you a reply within 48 hours," but it's a lie. I've never had a reply from Boohoo within 48 hours. They wrote back to say "please send your item back in line with our usual returns policy," and instead of offering a refund of the postage, which would have been over AUD $15, they offered me a gift voucher, which is absolutely unacceptable. They also told me that the refund may take 28 days. This was the weekend before Christmas. In despair, I realised I wouldn't have time or money to buy replacement gifts before Christmas. I'm housebound with illness, so I have to do all my shopping online. I decided to ask Boohoo to refund half the cost of the items and let me keep them. Many businesses offer this option, because it's cheaper than sending the items back. I waited and waited, but I didn't hear back. In the days before Christmas I asked my parents to buy me some large sheets of cardboard, and I made new boxes for the items in the advent calendars. It took me several hours over a couple of days. I was exhausted. I still hadn't heard back from Boohoo, so I sent them another email reminding them to get in touch. Finally I heard back - they refused to offer a partial refund. I'm a little embarrassed to admit I burst into tears. I worked so hard on fixing up the damaged items they sent me, and I had tried to meet them halfway. It was too late to send them back. I replied immediately asking the customer service reps to forward my request to a supervisor. That was 10 days ago. I never heard back. I actually don't think I've ever had a less professional experience. It's like dealing with cheerful but utterly unhelpful robots. The returns process is ridiculously complex. They clearly take no care in packing items, and don't care if they arrive damaged. And it seems like they don't care whether their customers are satisfied either. As long as each person in the chain, including the customer, discharges their duty with regard to the system, Boohoo is happy. So the people at the dispatch centre throw your item in a bag and post it when they feel like it, the customer service people reply to your email when they feel like it with a bland, impersonal response that doesn't actually help you, and the people in charge of processing your refund do so when they feel like it, and refund the cost of postage for damaged items only if they feel like it. So, yeah. I'll never be buying from Boohoo again, and I wish I hadn't bothered in the first place. I regularly buy from the leading English online fashion and beauty store which is light years ahead of Boohoo in terms of customer service, and has never made me cry."
Maoliosa Duffin
Maoliosa Duffin
Unverified Reviewer
"Order confirmation sent Order was dispatched, Was able to track my order (I still can track it 13hrs after email) Then received email to say my a/c would be credited as items were RETURNED back to them(obviously from courier) no explanation as to why. Clothes were purchased for my daughter as part of her birthday present . VERY rude girl called yandi dealt with my queries on FB MESSENGER WILL NEVER USE THIS SITE AGAIN 🤬🤬🤬🤬"
Shan Parsons
"Always deliver on time. Good quality products. Great prices !"
"Easy to purchase, however need to make a plus size range that is not extortionate"
Scott Brown
"Packaged well, fast delivery"
"Fantastic service and prices"
"Horrible customer service! Explained that I returned two items back at the end of Nov. I received an email in Dec...stating that my refund had been submitted to my bank. I have yet to receive a refund. They’ve asked me for my bank statements 7 different times. I submitted as requested and still no refund. So, Boohoo gets their items back and they are able to keep my money! This is STEALING!!!!"
Halima Tufail
"Very happy loved my items"
Ann Donlon
"Great company"
"Always great deals"
"Ordered a pair of shoes in a size 6... They came in a size 5 , we emailed costumer services of this issue . We then ordered the shoes again in a size 6 ... again they came in a size 5 . Seriously how hard is it ?"
Tania Jacinto
"Easy to navigate website, fast service, good packaging and easy returns. I would just say that the App needs to get slightly better, as you can't see item prices when browsing the app, you have to add them all o your basket and remove after should you not wish to purchase them."
Leah Simmonds
"Great quality clothes and fairly priced. Loads of incentives ie. Free next day delivery and 15% off. Very reliable delivery service and polite delivery driver"
"By getting my delivery always on time"
"My second order and sent 6 items back. The play suit legs were one way and the arms the opposite so u couldn’t ever even put it on?.. Does nobody check the quality? The other items were of terrible quality. Never again"
"I read all the bad reviews, but the cute clothes were too much to resist! I placed a small order and it shipped to CA, USA to check them out. Arrived in around a week and a half and the clothes are so adorable. I saw most everything was polyester, but it looks like cotton not cheap polyester. I received a plain tank top super great color and style and an off the should top that is really great. Also got a silver bracelet. I'm 100% happy and will buy from Boohoo again."
Jade
"Leading stream"
"Had a good collection of curvy women collections"
J Limage
"Delivery was really quick and the quality of my products are really good as well"
J Limage
"Worst customer experience ever! Paid for next day delivery, 22 days on......stiiiiiilll waiting. And waiting for my PayPal claim to be resolved. So glad I didn't pay by debit card!"
Julia Robbins
"Used this company a lot ,always good value,great quality,fast delivery too!"
Boohoo is rated 2.55 based on 803 reviews