Blacks Reviews

31% of reviewers recommend Blacks

How would you rate Blacks ?

Spencer Watkins
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered table from eBay store. Supposedly sent out 3 times so far, but no delivery. Customer service non existent. Unable to contact by phone. eBay now involved. Wish I had never ordered. Avoid like the plague unless you have money to give away."
David Townsend.
"Quality products are always available at reasonable prices, especially true when you sign up for emails and get in first for the special offers."
Thomas Martin
"Got myself a nice bargain in the bank holiday sales. Love a bargain when I get the chance."
"Absolutely shocking company to deal with, I made an order for tent and footprint and paid premium for next day delivery only to receive e-mail the very next day telling me it would be deliverd a day late, I rang and explained there would be nobody in to take delivery as we're suppose to be on campsite in the tent, no help what so ever from customer services, do not I repeat do not deal with this shocking company."
"Once again order accepted, money taken. After a couple of days they cancel order sayinv they have no stock. Has happened once too often now with both Black's and Milletts. Will stick to Go Outdoors."
Paul Dudgeon
"Great service from start to finish could not fault . Great offers i have bought from many times .would recommend using store pick up alot faster than home delivery and only a £1 cant argue with that"
"Rubbish I was informed my item was dispatched on the 12 April, after chasing this up due to Hermes tracking not updating and long delay, I was then told order refunded, 7 days later order cancelled after saying dispatched, what a mess around this company is."
"Ordered two jackets size XL and XXL, both showed in stock on their website. They took my money, then I received and email saying my order for XXL had been cancelled. They didn't give me a chance to cancel the reminder of the order which I would have done as we needed two jackets which were the same design. I have complained but without success. Customer service doesn't exist - they told me I could travel to a store to return the unwanted jacket once it arrived. Its not easy for me to get into the city centre to return something! To top it all, a day after they said the XXL was not in stock, they were advertised again on the website - this time with a price increase. Not a nice company and I wont be ordering anything from them again."
"Great online service. Great delivery with time slots you can choose for your convenience.Kept up to date with texts each day ,Package delivered in 2days excellent.would use again."
"Millets, blacks and few other store are all the same and frankly saying they are the worst stores within the UK to buy online. They are literally doing very dozzy business. For me, I bought items online from them stores which were on sale during Christmas and new year, and it was good price comparing with other stores. At first they hold me for few days providing order number and finally when all the sales was over, they are now saying that they don’t have stock hence order is cancelled. It’s happened to me not just once but many times previously but this specific time it cross all the Boundaries as those item were gifts to my family member. This is very outrageous,so think twice and avoid them if possible."
"Do not recommend buying online. Customer service has been rude and unhelpful. I have been sold a defective coat which wasn’t cheap. I got told to return it to a store that doesn’t exist and later on Twitter they even tried to make out I bought the coat from elsewhere. Obviously don’t want to return my £120’s or let me exchange my coat. So disappointed will never use them again."
Cheryl Peters
"Great delivery service"
"£170 coat missing from delivery. Remaining part of order left on door step at 7.15 am in the morning. Waiting for resolution, which may take up to 10 days and the response from blacks implies that I will only get product/refund if their investigation proves they are at fault - who else would be at fault other than them? So in summary through no fault of my own I may well be £170 put of pocket. I certainly won’t be using their delivery service again."
Neil Scott
"The service was excellent and I got a really good deal on a Berghaus jacket."
Karen Covey
"I was able to review the walking boots I wanted online on their website first and noted good sale discount. Went into shop in Aberdeen to try on boots. They had my size. Although shop was heaving with so many people - a young girl assistant saw me and helped my with the shoes straight away and I got through the cashier immediately. Such swift and efficient and friendly service was outstanding. And the boots are great! Thank you, Karen"
Jeff Smithers
Verified Reviewer
"I’d suggest you find another company. Don’t use Blacks. Bought 2 pairs of ‘fully waterproof’ £100 walking boots. One pair, ‘OBOZ’ brand, leaked after 3 weeks wear – approx 15 hours walking and often not in the wet. Took them back to shop who sent them off to their returns team for inspection. Got the boots back two weeks later with an impersonal letter saying the problem was ‘due to lack of care’. Had various contacts with ‘customer service’ asking what care I should give a new pair of boots. Got repetitions of the ‘not our fault’ message with no explanation. All the emails signed off ‘if there is anything else I can help with, please do not hesitate to contact me’. Worst response was after I asked for the findings of the inspection so that I could go to Trading Standards and was told ‘I have been advised by the returns team that these will not be provided as we do not disclose this information, only a letter to advise the outcome of the inspection’. Don’t go to Blacks. Customer care couldn’t be worse wherever else you go."
"If buying online use Mountain Warehouse or Cotswolds instead! The Blacks stores I have visited have been good - staff helpful, good ranges. Blacks Online, however, is an absolute nightmare!! Twice now I've selected next-day delivery and paid extra for it. First time the order arrived 4 days later, minus one item which was out of stock. Why would I use them a second time? Well, every business experiences hiccups at times, and Blacks offered me 10% off another order as an apology when I complained about the first delay, thought I'd give them another go. - I've actually yet to receive this discount yet, but understand it will take a few days. Let's hope whoever processes their refunds is more efficient than their distribution centre team! So, second order was placed 2 days ago, again, next-day upgrade. Should have arrived yesterday but tracking shows it hasn't even been dispatched from Blacks' warehouse yet so it's not going to arrive today either! Yes, we are all getting used to faster service nowadays (eg. Next are superb, order up to 11pm for next day), but Blacks - if your logistics are unable to cope with next day delivery please don't offer it as an option! From my experience and reading previous reviews - wish I'd done that previously - don't order anything from Blacks online that you require within, say, a fortnight or you will be disappointed. I've recently used both Cotswolds & Mountain Warehouse online - both easy shopping experiences with quick delivery, arriving on the day it was supposed to. Buy from them instead!"
"Price match promise is a sham.Yes they will match it. Take your order and payment, then two days later email to cancel stating product out of stock, yet it is still available to buy at full price online. If you contact customer services to as why all you get is a automated reply with no follow up. So if you want a genuine price match promise try Go outdoors."
Da
"Great products, fair price and good delivery."
"My order has been dispatched more than a week ago and still not received. Blacks are uncontactable , all my emails ignored. I think I lost my money."
Blacks is rated 2.26 based on 39 reviews