Blacks Reviews

8PM

customercare@blacks.co.uk

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Blacks?

"Thanks to Blacks I just had my worst on-line shopping experience ever. Ordered a bag from Blacks website, and a couple of days later the online system says it's delivered. Great, I thought; except I haven't received it. After a number of phone and email exchanges with their customer service team, they send over a form and ask me to fill in and sign. Apparently it's treated as a dispute; from their point of view I 'claimed' I didn't receive it, but the delivery company (Hermes) recorded I did, hence a dispute. Thanks for trusting your customer Blacks. About 10 days after the original delivery date, I received a letter from a guy, livling in a completely different address (in the same town though so I suppose that's not too far off). It turns out the parcel was dumped at the porch of his house; he said he found it unbelievable how this could happen. Anyway thanks to his kindness I got the parcel back, but only by luck. Blacks' customer service team were happy for me; another case resolved, yay! It's happy ending all around - no one takes any responsibility in the end. Sure, the customer paid for £200 expecting his bag delivered in a couple of days: it was only late by about 2 weeks though?. Sure, the customer had to go to a different neighbourhood to find and retrieve the parcel himself: but you found it didn't you?. Sure, the customer spent a couple of hours in total trying to locate the parcel, and to fill in and sign the form to vow for his honesty: well it's just our standard procedure, so... who cares? Sure, I was promised some good-will gesture compensation but was denied, because I found my parcel in the end so it must have been my mistake in the first place. Fantastic, I'm the only person who lost out in this whole process. At this day and age Blacks online customer experience is just unacceptable. Well I feel I have no other choice but return this item to Blacks, and I will never order from them again."
Are you Blacks? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Blacks receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Now
"Similar to review below I returned an online order within good time, unused and in original packaging but my refund was refused. No right to discuss, they just sent me all the products back."
"Terrible customer service We were sold wrong pair of walking shoes that were totally non- waterproof but when returned to shop we were told no refund would be given. Multiple emails to Blacks later ( different person and response each time!!) we were advised that even though assistant had advised us what to get it was ultimately our decision to buy and once worn no refund is given Clearly do not rely on their ‘specialist’ advice and to be on safe side I would advise shopping elsewhere"
"I placed an order online the order was processed the payment taken...2 days later email saying order cancelled...I question this in an email to customer service (who to be fair did respond) I emailed questioning the company's practices and stock replenishment and stock control processes...I have worked in both distribution and retail for over 25 years...I know my stuff....after various emails...of no we don't have it to yes we do....all the while the item is still available online and sitting in my basket (I get an email saying they are holding it for me so I don't miss out) anyways cut a long and farcical story short..I reorder as I am assured the item is definitely in the warehouse and it will be delivered to my home address by way of an apology....Have a guess what guys....it's cancelled AGAIN...this company has no clue how to conduct a slick customer based online shopping experience.....also to top it off AFTER ALREADY POINTING IT OUT THE FIRST TIME.....ITS STILL ORDERABLE ONLINE.....shocking company to deal with and they should be investigated for how they conduct their online business.....let's all contact watchdog 🙄"
"Shockingly rude customer service regarding an online order. Not sure they understand the words customer or service... pity as the store staff are lovely. Ordered a gift online in the persons name under my account. They refused to speak to me about the order as it wasn't in my name... No common sense or understanding of data laws. Avoid at all costs!"
"Order Number 601305086 - Took my money, nearly £700 and never received the goods. Do not answer their customer service phone lines or communicate in any way. Total nightmare of a company!!!! BE WARNED..... DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!"
"Taken my order and payment but haven't received any further info to collect from store. Track my order just says order received goods in warehouse. Useless company"
"Needed a replacement charging cable for my Garmin Forerunner, Spoke to Janelle who was wonderful! managed to find the correct charging cable and sent to me 1st class. thanks Janelle, great customer service"
"Ordered table from eBay store. Supposedly sent out 3 times so far, but no delivery. Customer service non existent. Unable to contact by phone. eBay now involved. Wish I had never ordered. Avoid like the plague unless you have money to give away."
"Quality products are always available at reasonable prices, especially true when you sign up for emails and get in first for the special offers."
"Got myself a nice bargain in the bank holiday sales. Love a bargain when I get the chance."
"Absolutely shocking company to deal with, I made an order for tent and footprint and paid premium for next day delivery only to receive e-mail the very next day telling me it would be deliverd a day late, I rang and explained there would be nobody in to take delivery as we're suppose to be on campsite in the tent, no help what so ever from customer services, do not I repeat do not deal with this shocking company."
"Once again order accepted, money taken. After a couple of days they cancel order sayinv they have no stock. Has happened once too often now with both Black's and Milletts. Will stick to Go Outdoors."
"Great service from start to finish could not fault . Great offers i have bought from many times .would recommend using store pick up alot faster than home delivery and only a £1 cant argue with that"
"Rubbish I was informed my item was dispatched on the 12 April, after chasing this up due to Hermes tracking not updating and long delay, I was then told order refunded, 7 days later order cancelled after saying dispatched, what a mess around this company is."
"Ordered two jackets size XL and XXL, both showed in stock on their website. They took my money, then I received and email saying my order for XXL had been cancelled. They didn't give me a chance to cancel the reminder of the order which I would have done as we needed two jackets which were the same design. I have complained but without success. Customer service doesn't exist - they told me I could travel to a store to return the unwanted jacket once it arrived. Its not easy for me to get into the city centre to return something! To top it all, a day after they said the XXL was not in stock, they were advertised again on the website - this time with a price increase. Not a nice company and I wont be ordering anything from them again."
"Great online service. Great delivery with time slots you can choose for your convenience.Kept up to date with texts each day ,Package delivered in 2days excellent.would use again."
"Millets, blacks and few other store are all the same and frankly saying they are the worst stores within the UK to buy online. They are literally doing very dozzy business. For me, I bought items online from them stores which were on sale during Christmas and new year, and it was good price comparing with other stores. At first they hold me for few days providing order number and finally when all the sales was over, they are now saying that they don’t have stock hence order is cancelled. It’s happened to me not just once but many times previously but this specific time it cross all the Boundaries as those item were gifts to my family member. This is very outrageous,so think twice and avoid them if possible."
"Do not recommend buying online. Customer service has been rude and unhelpful. I have been sold a defective coat which wasn’t cheap. I got told to return it to a store that doesn’t exist and later on Twitter they even tried to make out I bought the coat from elsewhere. Obviously don’t want to return my £120’s or let me exchange my coat. So disappointed will never use them again."
"Great delivery service"