Blacks Reviews

29% of reviewers recommend Blacks

How would you rate Blacks?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Great online service. Great delivery with time slots you can choose for your convenience.Kept up to date with texts each day ,Package delivered in 2days excellent.would use again."
"Millets, blacks and few other store are all the same and frankly saying they are the worst stores within the UK to buy online. They are literally doing very dozzy business. For me, I bought items online from them stores which were on sale during Christmas and new year, and it was good price comparing with other stores. At first they hold me for few days providing order number and finally when all the sales was over, they are now saying that they don’t have stock hence order is cancelled. It’s happened to me not just once but many times previously but this specific time it cross all the Boundaries as those item were gifts to my family member. This is very outrageous,so think twice and avoid them if possible."
"Do not recommend buying online. Customer service has been rude and unhelpful. I have been sold a defective coat which wasn’t cheap. I got told to return it to a store that doesn’t exist and later on Twitter they even tried to make out I bought the coat from elsewhere. Obviously don’t want to return my £120’s or let me exchange my coat. So disappointed will never use them again."
Cheryl Peters
"Great delivery service"
"£170 coat missing from delivery. Remaining part of order left on door step at 7.15 am in the morning. Waiting for resolution, which may take up to 10 days and the response from blacks implies that I will only get product/refund if their investigation proves they are at fault - who else would be at fault other than them? So in summary through no fault of my own I may well be £170 put of pocket. I certainly won’t be using their delivery service again."
Neil Scott
"The service was excellent and I got a really good deal on a Berghaus jacket."
Karen Covey
"I was able to review the walking boots I wanted online on their website first and noted good sale discount. Went into shop in Aberdeen to try on boots. They had my size. Although shop was heaving with so many people - a young girl assistant saw me and helped my with the shoes straight away and I got through the cashier immediately. Such swift and efficient and friendly service was outstanding. And the boots are great! Thank you, Karen"
Jeff Smithers
Verified Reviewer
"I’d suggest you find another company. Don’t use Blacks. Bought 2 pairs of ‘fully waterproof’ £100 walking boots. One pair, ‘OBOZ’ brand, leaked after 3 weeks wear – approx 15 hours walking and often not in the wet. Took them back to shop who sent them off to their returns team for inspection. Got the boots back two weeks later with an impersonal letter saying the problem was ‘due to lack of care’. Had various contacts with ‘customer service’ asking what care I should give a new pair of boots. Got repetitions of the ‘not our fault’ message with no explanation. All the emails signed off ‘if there is anything else I can help with, please do not hesitate to contact me’. Worst response was after I asked for the findings of the inspection so that I could go to Trading Standards and was told ‘I have been advised by the returns team that these will not be provided as we do not disclose this information, only a letter to advise the outcome of the inspection’. Don’t go to Blacks. Customer care couldn’t be worse wherever else you go."
"If buying online use Mountain Warehouse or Cotswolds instead! The Blacks stores I have visited have been good - staff helpful, good ranges. Blacks Online, however, is an absolute nightmare!! Twice now I've selected next-day delivery and paid extra for it. First time the order arrived 4 days later, minus one item which was out of stock. Why would I use them a second time? Well, every business experiences hiccups at times, and Blacks offered me 10% off another order as an apology when I complained about the first delay, thought I'd give them another go. - I've actually yet to receive this discount yet, but understand it will take a few days. Let's hope whoever processes their refunds is more efficient than their distribution centre team! So, second order was placed 2 days ago, again, next-day upgrade. Should have arrived yesterday but tracking shows it hasn't even been dispatched from Blacks' warehouse yet so it's not going to arrive today either! Yes, we are all getting used to faster service nowadays (eg. Next are superb, order up to 11pm for next day), but Blacks - if your logistics are unable to cope with next day delivery please don't offer it as an option! From my experience and reading previous reviews - wish I'd done that previously - don't order anything from Blacks online that you require within, say, a fortnight or you will be disappointed. I've recently used both Cotswolds & Mountain Warehouse online - both easy shopping experiences with quick delivery, arriving on the day it was supposed to. Buy from them instead!"
"Price match promise is a sham.Yes they will match it. Take your order and payment, then two days later email to cancel stating product out of stock, yet it is still available to buy at full price online. If you contact customer services to as why all you get is a automated reply with no follow up. So if you want a genuine price match promise try Go outdoors."
Da
"Great products, fair price and good delivery."
"My order has been dispatched more than a week ago and still not received. Blacks are uncontactable , all my emails ignored. I think I lost my money."
"Appalling customer service, ordered online to store, 2 weeks to despatch, they failed to notify me that they had arrived in store, did not answer the phone or reply to my emails chasing up the order. After a month I got an email stating the items had been returned and I was refunded minus the delivery fee!"
"A big Thankyou to melissa in blacks metro centre gateshead, for helping me to choose a pair of walking shoes, nothing was a bother for her...well done"
"SLOW SERVICE. NO URGENCY . NINE DAYS TO DELIVER A TENT , & ONLY WHEN I CHASED IT UP . Customer services just said " yea yea ""
"great service, speedy delivery great communication"
"Ordered sports watch from Blacks online. After dispatch email. There was no update from them regarding progress of package. I went to collect / pick up shop and they said they had received my package from blacks. No delivery email or text was received from blacks. When I opened the packaging, I noticed that the watch box had been ripped open. I paid £350 for a Garmin 735xt that was tampered with or used. Watch seems to work, but that's not the point! Very disappointed with service. I would not recommend Blacks to anyone after this. They do not value customers. I gave 2 star rather than 1, because no one reads one star reviews."
"I ordered a coat and backpack online. I received an email saying that the caot had been cancelled and I would eventually get a refund. to be fair, I did. I tried to cancel the backpack and delivery charges as I could get the item cheaper on Amazon. I was assured it had been cancelled. Then I received an email from heir carrier satating that they had delivered the backpack and that I had signed for it. I had not. I contacted Blacks who implied that I was a liar or that a member of my household might have taken it without my permission. I am extremely upset. If I had received it, I would not be complaing , I would simply return it. I am a hard working, extremely well educated, decent person with no criminal recored so why on earth would I begin a life of crime in this manner!! It is outrageous. Added to this, when I called the first time I heard the customer service personnel arguing over who should take this call, then whislt I was left on hold for Quite some time I could hear them chatting away, so why was I on hold. I will take my custom elsewhere in the future and would advise others to do the same."
"Ordered a fleece in their sake before New a Year, they stated that it couldn't be cancelled because of how fast they dispatch there items. How wrong!, contacted them after 10 days, said they'd contact me in 48 hours, surprise surprise! no contact and no reply from them on my second email. I opened a dispute in PayPal, that woke them up. Refund immediately and apology saying they never had the item, full stop. Won't be using Blacks again, untrustworthy. Thank you PayPal."
"TERRIBLE SERVICE AND LIE AFTER LIE Blacks lied to me 3 times over the course of 7 days about the despatch of my item. I wish i had read their trustpilot reviews page before I trusted them with an expensive and critical item for a planned trip. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE FACT THIS IS A HIGH STREET RETAILER - THEIR MAIL ORDER IS TERRIBLE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE JUST PLAIN LIE TO YOU. Item never arrived had to cancel order and re order from somewhere else to get the item on time. I have yet to receive my refund (another thing often complained about on trust pilot) AVOID THIS COMPANY IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF SOMETHING IN A HURRY"
Blacks is rated 2.19 based on 31 reviews