Black Bear Boating & Leisure Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Black Bear Boating & Leisure

About Black Bear Boating & Leisure: The Black Bear trading has been around since the late 1990's.

Black Bear has built and repaired boats for both the professional and DIY person and our goal has been to make available to everyone the best products to make building and repairing easier.

Our staff are experienced and have a wealth of knowledge and expertise and advice is only a phone call or e-mail away.

Matrix Adhesive Systems MAS was born out of the necessity of improving existing resins.

Many boat builders were looking for products that had better performance; less heat when mixing; and defiantly no WAX or Blush that had to be removed. Builders wanted to use resins in colder temperatures with the most important characteristic of superior wet out and saturation qualities.

All this is what MAS achieved. MAS 2-1 epoxies are castor oil based and offer the very best in no blush no wax. Their high performance is due to a very advanced chemical engineered matrix that has been developed to be easy to use with superb wet out and absorption properties and adheres to our philosophy, SIMPLE PERFECTION.

Now MAS has teamed up with Endurance Technologies to produce the best epoxies on the market today.

MAS epoxies are imported from America and they are stored at optimum temperatures, ensuring they reach you in good order.

Our 5-1 traditional epoxies follow the lines and working concepts set out by the Gougeon Brothers and their wood epoxy saturation technique (WEST)

Using any of our epoxies will give you good results time after time.

Simple Perfection
Using Quality products that Work
MAS and Black Bear Boating

info@blackbearboatingandleisure.com

How would you rate Black Bear Boating & Leisure ?

"Always helpful, friendly and prompt. Especially accommodating, since I require delivery to Ireland."
"Tank you Pete, for going that extra mile in helping with our project? Excellent service"
"Prompt delivery. Thanks"
"Peter Johnson is a star. Genuinely one of the most helpful people I've ever dealt with. I know that my after sales will be brilliant. I didn't feel like a customer, I felt like one of his friends!"
"I have used MAS epoxy extensively and always been given good advice on its use over a period of at least 5 years with no problems. The project is a Chateau restoration near Toulouse in South West France. Both stone and timber repairs of some complexity have been completed without a single bonding failure. I have also made repairs to a Laurent Giles yacht again with complete success. Thanks for your help to date Stephen West"
"Black Bear have supplied us recently with MAS epoxy resins for laminating up a 40' mast and also the wonderful Biosolv thinner/solvent substitute. The MAS has been our first big lamination with epoxy resin, and thanks to BBB&L we have had an easy ride with great service as well as long-suffering help on the phone or late-in-the-day orders. MAS is great stuff to use, being simpler to mix than most and hardly made an impression on my itch-prone skin which is a big relief. The Biosolv is amazing stuff. As far as I can make out it can be used as a thinner/solvent for anything, but with no headaches, nausea or skin itches which are my usual lot. Having said that we always wear gloves and I use a carbon filter respirator, but even the smallest inhallation or splash on skin would normally have me itching. Not with MAS Epoxy or Biosolv.! Thanks, BBB&L! Pol at Black Dog Timber"
"Excellent product, even better advice and guidance"
"Good service"
"Fantastic products and great service. My order was delivered on time. Pete and his team are always available to help with any questions i have had and there advice is spot on, can't recommend them enough."
Black Bear Boating & Leisure is rated 4.89 based on 9 reviews