The BIB Wine Company Reviews

of reviewers recommend The BIB Wine Company
Read The BIB Wine Company Reviews

About The BIB Wine Company:

The BIB Wine Company offers a range of seriously good wines from small and independent producers, all in the Bag-in-Box (BIB) format. The wines are selected by Head of Wine, Justin Howard-Sneyd MW and sourced direct from sustainable growers. This family run company is fast encouraging quality-conscious drinkers to discover the benefits of the BIB – wines that last up to 6 weeks once open, better value, and better for the environment. The range is available via their online shop and flexible and convenient subscription service ‘The BIB Wine Club’.

Tell us how The BIB Wine Company made you happy
The BIB Wine Company 5 star review on 22nd July 2018
Robert Gallimore
The BIB Wine Company 5 star review on 21st July 2018
Siga Delailomaloma
Good quality wine at very good prices. Would be 5 stars if there were even more options to choose from!
Loved the pre-recorded online wine tasting. Our favourites were the Pinot Grigio (a total surprise as was fed up of drinking this wine in my 20’s and 30’s!) and the Bordeaux. Only complaint is that we went online straight after to buy the Bordeaux and it has sold out! You have missed a trick in sales here as should have only used those wines that were available. I purchased the Bacchus earlier in the year, after the review by Ollie Smith on Saturday Kitchen,and it was a roaring success!
Looking forward to membership of the Wine Club to be able to access some of the best wines
Efficient and helpful. A driver of the BiB concept in the UK which needs to be supported for so many reasons, not least of which is environmental!

A great opportunity exists for an even lower cost, high quality offering that will really extend this market and is one which I hope will be fully exploited by The BIB Wine Company.

Cheers
Hi Ollie, we are enjoying the taste of our white wine which of course lives very conveniently in the fridge. The presentation is good and it arrived promptly and securely. I have not ordered wine by post before but as your mum had told me all about you all getting together in this enterprise, I was happy to give it a go and very happy with the result. Wishing you all success. Regards Rosemary - used to work with your mum at Bury St Edmunds
The website can be a little challenging, in terms of what you want, and when, but the responses from the the company are great, fast and helpful.
The wines I have chosen are just fantastic, and I look forward to the company development. Their customer service is brilliant, and their wine offerings are developing exponentially.
For one who grew up with with the last generation of wine boxes, many years ago, these are amazing quality, for a great price.
Well done BIb!
Really enjoyed the on-line wine tasting and then ordered some boxes of our favourites from the night - white and red
Only one wine box so far - a Languedoc red - but I'm very happy with it. I'd place it at the upper end of quality between everyday and exceptional £30 a bottle type. I'm still not quite clear how the subscription system works, though - there was a message before my first order saying that if I order two wines that sets up two subscriptions? Also can you switch from one wine to another?
To answer a question from a review above, the wine is much improved by dropping a quantity of it into a decanter well before use...
Thanks so much for your lovely review.

As a Club member, you can add, remove or swap wines in your subscription at any time, as well as changing the next order date or skipping orders. This can all be done online, but we're equally happy to do it on your behalf.

Sorry if it wasn't clear on the Club invitation - if you order two or more wines with different order frequencies (ie. one every month and one every two months) that will effectively create two subscriptions, and after the first order these would be shipped separately even if falling on the same day.

Thanks again,

Ollie
Excellent discovery. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is that it is a tiny bit expensive especially you have to consider the delivery as well. However the wine is lovely. I had one white which wasn't my favourite can't recall which one think it was a Pino Gris the reds are my choice. Delivery quick.
Great concept and really pleased to be able to support the greener route for buying wine.

So far, we've found the whites and roses v good. Less happy with the reds. The grenache and malbec v disappointing - harsh and lacking in body. Tempranillo better. Wonder whether this is because the red cannot breathe once the box is opened. That said, even a glass which has been poured for a while not great.
Strange wait to be allowed in t.hen a confusing subscription service - still don't understand it.
However, that said, the wine is super although we struggle to make the box last three evenings!!
Roger and I are really impressed with the style, delivery and ethical integrity of the BIB Wine Company and have now enjoyed a fair number of boxes, possibly more than initially intended! We are particularly impressed with the Three Choirs Bacchus 'Archa' White although we have yet to find a red which we find as enjoyable for the money. We look forward to doing so during our membership however and are delighted with the new 'planting tree' partnership. Wishing you all the best of luck in your enterprise.
Wonderful service. First purchase wasn't a success with me and couple of friends so contacted and ordered a replacement which came v quickly. I chose the British wine and was pleasantly surprised, as were my friends (who know more about wines than I do!). I haven't ordered any more as social restrictions back in place so won't be entertaining near future. The boxes are pricey but I guess you get what you pay for.
Thank you so much for the review - so glad we were able to find something that suited better!

Very best,

Ollie
The wines are very nicely presented so 1st impressions are excellent. It is also striking when 3 boxes are delivered in a box a 1/4 of the size of a 12 bottle home delivery, so the environmental impact is a big tick also. I went for 3 French reds. The Fitou was not so much to my taste but I knew this before buying (I run a wine club with my old school pals). The Fleurie was lovely and I would happily buy again and the French Malbec was deemed favourite, by my very middle of the road wine club members. Will buy again as have been screaming for quality wine in a box for last 20 years, price is only reason I haven't scored 5 star. Just a shame that the Chancellor doesn't drop wine duty, as this is such a huge component part of the overall cost.
I have not tried the wine yet but ordering and delivery were fine although I didn’t know I had to be a member. Living alone a wine box suits me. I was on holiday when the delivery arrived, which I knew about, so cannot comment.
An increasing range of good quality wines. A welcome addition to the rather limited range of wine boxes generally available in the uK.

Ordering is simple and delivery is prompt
Great service and the wine box I chose did not suit my palate on this occasion.
The wine we received was of a very high quality. It stayed fresh for a long time which allowed us to enjoy it over a longer period. We would definitely order again.

It would be good for advice to be available on how to recycle the bag when it has been finished though
We got into subscribing to BIB a few years ago. We like the fact that it is quality wine that comes in a box. Just back from a holiday in Cornwall and we took 3 boxes. We’re both very fond of the rose and the red we took, a Spanish Grenache was very good. Quality is important and the fact each box contains wine at over £10 per bottle is reassuring.
Ok to deal with. But disappointed in the wine I chose though.
The BIB Wine Company is rated 4.78 based on 250 reviews