BHS Direct Reviews

9% of reviewers recommend BHS Direct

How would you rate BHS Direct?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

11 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Pamela Smith

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about BHS Direct in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Pamela Smith
Verified Reviewer
"I ordered a fridge which was advised free delivery when it came to the end of the transaction I was charged £25 and told free delivery is only on cameras ,TVs and smaller items....then why oh why have a pic of a fridge with free delivery written underneath ...wouldn't use bhs again and would advise others to stay well clear....no customer service whatsoever"
"Ordered mobile phone, paid £12 extra for sat delivery, failed to deliver then told it would be weds. Told on phone couldn't return item and its taught I would have to pay. Worst customer service ever had."
"I ordered 2 pairs of trousers but was sent jeans of poor quality. No explanation given for the change so they're being returned. I'll not shop with them again."
Danny Okeeffe
Verified Reviewer
"They sent me a brand new galaxy edge , after a week it started dropping calls ,, then it was typing the letters A & P on its own I'm French ? The company asked me to send it in for inspection ,, I said I wanted a replacement phone or my money back , I only ordered through this site as it was £85 cheaper then everywhere else , I wonder why ??? Guess what , the company wouldn't admit the fault and was trying to send me the same phone back ,, I said I wasn't happy with this and wanted a full refund ,, after getting spoken over on the phone by rude so called CUSTOMER service agents , they told me I could have one but I'll loose 10% off the £465,, it's disgusting ,, you can see how a rubbish company like this makes its money !!! It's a scham!!!"
"It a shame i can't give them 0* 02.12.2015 I bought an refurbished iphone 6. After a week phone starts to reboot itself and i were unable to receive or make calls.... anyway its 26.01.2015 after 4 email and 2 telephone conversations i still didn't get the refund or replacement phone. Customer service is terrible, they are not rude but they don't keep they promices."
"ORDER NEVER ARRIVED - THE AFTER SALES SERVICE WAS HORRENDOUS - EACH TIME AN EMAIL WAS SENT IT WOULD TAKE 2 DAYS FOR A REPLY - AND STILL NO RESOLUTION. I HAVE TRIED TO CANCEL MY ORDER AND I HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT I WILL RECEIVE A REFUND WHEN THEY RECEIVE THE ITEM BACK -- WHICH IS CLEARLY LOST IN THE POST. STILL WAITING ON MY REFUND FOR £135!!! AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!"
"Terrible after sales service."
"BHS behaved unethically, with lack of customer care, in contravention of online selling laws and not in accordance with their own terms and conditions. I ordered a laptop which was advertised at some 30% less than most other suppliers, BHS accepted my order and told me when the laptop would be delivered. Two days later BHS told me that they were cancelling the order as there had been a pricing error. I wrote to complain and lay out my reasons. The response did not engage with my complaint but merely repeated the original cancellation saying “Unfortunately we are unable to reinstate your order as this as been cancelled due to a pricing error”. I will be avoiding BHS and will be encouraging my consumer network to do the same."
"I strongly advise anyone to avoid -at all costs- purchasing anything from BHS Direct!!! I recently returned from holiday to find that my Tumble Dryer had broken down. I searched online for a replacement and found a highly recommended White Knight Dryer. Although there were several outlets with cheaper prices, I opted to go for a -so called- reputable name like BHS Direct. Big Mistake! The online sale went through without a hitch, but this is where the professionalism ends. I was given a delivery date four days later between 07:10 and 10:10 at a cost of £25ish, which was fine so I booked the morning off work. 11:00 on the delivery day comes and no sign of my new dryer, so I phone BHS Direct. They advise me that often the drivers get problems so give it another hour. By 12:45 they still had not arrived and I had to return to work, only to receive a phone call at 14:00 to say they were on there way with the dryer, meaning I then had to take the afternoon off too. The dryer finally arrived (four hours late), and was plugged in and filled with the first load of just washed laundry. Within minutes I noticed something was not right, there was no heat going to the dryer. I checked the instructions again and even googled a solution but it was apparent that the machine was faulty. I rang BHS Direct who astonishingly told me I needed an engineer visit and transferred me to a service dept who told me a call out charge of £59 would apply. Obviously I refused this and demanded a full replacement, but BHS Direct insisted on an engineer visit (without fee thankfully!). I then had to take another day off work for an engineer who arrived to look at the machine and tell me -within seconds- that the dryer was indeed faulty and needed to be taken away for repair and a loan machine would be arranged in the interim. I told him that it was brand new and that I did not want a repair and I was legally entitled to a full replacement, whilst we both stood scratching our heads wondering why BHS Direct had sent him in the first place. I then rang BHS Direct's laughable excuse for customer service who was unwilling to progress my replacement until he had a report from the engineer. Eventually this happened and BHS Direct submitted to sending me a new dryer, but I had to wait another 4 days for the new one to be brought out and old one taken away by the same courier. With little choice I waited 4 days, and on the eve of my new delivery time I received an email confirming the uplift but no mention of delivery, so I phoned the courier who had no clue about a new dryer, just that they were hired to uplift one from my address. I then had to phone BHS Direct AGAIN and spoke to the guy who arranged this, to be told that not only did they not have a replacement machine in stock, but they had no intention of informing me of this, they were willing to just pick up the faulty goods and leave me without for god knows how long. Fed up, I demanded a full refund, which was like pulling teeth, they dug their heels in and would not release my money until the faulty dryer was back with them, despite the courier confirming they had collected the goods. BHS Direct is probably the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Their products are faulty, their after sales care is a joke, and their staff could not care less about customer service or solving problems BHS Direct create. Because of this sham of an organisation I have been without a dryer for 10 days, I have lost 4 days wages (1 for initial delivery. 2 for engineer visit, 3 for uplift of faulty appliance and 4 for the wait for new delivery from ao.com), a backlog of laundry and a bitter aftertaste. The next day I ordered a better LG Dryer from appliances online (ao.com) and it arrived on time with free next day delivery with exemplary customer service (BHS Direct take note). I would urge anyone to reconsider buying anything from BHS Direct and if you do chose to buy from them, make sure you are well versed in Distance Selling Regulations and Consumer Rights, because by god you're going to need them, and good luck!"
"Goood Prices, Nice Staff"
"After three months use of my Acer laptop, one of the key came of the keyboard. The Acer laptops was under guaranty and I phoned BHS customer service in hope that would sort out my keyboard issue. BHS Customer service said it was not covered under their terms of condition and that it was due to my miss use of the keyboard. They ignored what I said and would not help me anyway what so ever. When I said I wanted to complain, they referred me to their website. There is no web link on their website to complain. So you are stuck either way. BHS customer service is waste of time. Don’t buy from BHS if you want good customer service."
BHS Direct is rated 1.27 based on 11 reviews