Beer52.com Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Beer52.com

Tell us how Beer52.com made you happy

"All the beer was close to the end of life date . Not one was better than anything I could have bought from asda for half the price . Why do they exist. Just go to the shop . Job done"
"I order the free beer and I don't think it was clear I was entering a subscription. I instantly tried to cancel but you dont allow this on line. This is not a fair marketing tactic."
"I received multiple Beer52 gift vouchers for my birthday so spent ages carefully choosing my beer selection only to be very disappointed on checkout. It turns out you can't actually use your gift vouchers on personally selected beers. Instead you are forced to choose one of 2 boxes of beers and not what beers you want. Then to really wind you up even more you are then forced into signing up to a monthly contract and handing over your card details if you want to redeem the voucher, plus you cant use a second card on your account so you have to create a second account with yet another credit card. It was nice for my friends to get me the vouchers but I will not be using beer52 again and will be spreading the word about the voucher con. When you receiver a gift voucher you should be able to spend it on what you want and without entering into monthly contract!"
"Beer is fine, if overpriced. Cancellation is impossible to do online. You are forced to call them between 9-5 on weekdays. This is obviously a predatory business practice designed to keep you signed up."
"A tortuous cancellation process with many man-traps; and endless hassle on the 'phone before they agree to stop taking your money. Also use some tenth-rate courier. AVOID. Not an ethical business model"
"Do not trust this company - they will take your money on the premise of a one-off (rather expensive) delivery charge of £6.95 for a "free" case of 6 beers which they *insist* is on a one-off basis with no tie in to a subscription. Before you know it, a week or two later (before you've even drunk the "free" beers in your fridge you're being charged almost £30 for a new case of 6. I was on holiday at the time but emailed them immediately when I got an email saying they were sending more beers, but they didn't respond for 2 days then telling me it was too late to cancel because, by that time, they had then dispatched the beers. They wouldn't cancel or let me return them. So now I'm £30 down and don't want the additional 6 beers - we actually don't drink a lot of beer but were curious to try the "free" pack and are still working our way through those ones."
"Forced subscriptions which are very hard to cancel. Should not be legal. Do not subscribe."
"The beers were good and arrived on time. However, the beer isn't what is wrong with Beer52. They claim you can "easily manage your subscription - pause or cancel at anytime". Despite this, they make you call them to cancel. After waiting on hold I spoke to a man who said I still had a £10 credit on my account. I said thanks anyway, I still want to cancel. He responded "Wow. Guess you really don't like the beer." I said again, I want to cancel. He confirmed I would receive an email of the cancellation and then hung up on me. It was extremely rude and poor customer service! The phone call is only a ploy to keep you invested in the subscription!"
"The beers are no better than those available at the supermarket and more costly too. Have to cancel by phone and they will keep you on hold for ages... before cutting you off without answering. As others have said, this is a total waste of time and money, do not sign up!"
"Ordered a box to be delivered on the 6th of june to recieved before fathers day! Nothing has shown up i havent had a contact cant get through on the phone and no email back!"
"They make it really easy to subscribe, but you can only cancel by phone during the week, then they charge you at 2AM in the morning and pretend they've already packed and prepared your box before 9AM so you cannot cancel it. Anything to charge people for another box..."
"Cancelling is very difficult. You have to ring a premium rate number that they keep you on hold for. SCAM!!!"
"Excellent service and products. Easy and straightforward. Customer service is quick to respond, polite and very helpful. Very pleased!"
"Same problem as other users. Why are you not replying to emails nor cancelling subscriptions when we do not want more beer? I cancelled over the phone and was assured the contract was cancelled but received and was charged for another delivery. I was told I could have a discount if I wanted the next box but said I did not. The beer was sent and no discount was applied."
Hello Theresa, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that there is a delay in getting back to you. We want to give you the best service we possibly can and I can assure you that we will always put things right for our customers. If you have been sent a case of beer in error, we will fully refund you for this. Thanks for your patience whilst we resolve this issue for you.
"So hard to cancel and get a refund. I cancelled my subscription in December but they charged me for January crate and now wont reply to my emails."
"I cancelled my subscription but still got charged for another crate. They have subsequently ignored 4 emails so I cannot get a refund."
"As I enter the third week of no delivery, send the second unanswered e-mail to support, check that my DM's remain unacknowledged and give my daily half-hour call just to wait to get to the front of the queue only to be shifted on to indefinite hold or cut-off; I thought I'd take some time out just to warn any one considering using Beer52 against it."
Hi Tom, that sounds really frustrating, apologies for the delay, we're just about back up to normal response times after coming back from a very busy festive period. Missing beer is not acceptable, it may have been lost or damaged on the way to you which can occasionally happen when shipping glass in the post but I can assure you that we will always put it right and get a replacement case out to you on the house. If you can please bear with us whilst we get this resolved, we'll do the best we can for you. Cheers!
"Do not buy !! It's very difficult to cancel the subscription. Only can do it via phone and it took me over 30 minutes wait in the queue. It seems that most of the good reviews are fake as well !"
"My beer never arrived and yodel advised to contact beer52 and they have not responded to my requests. Such a shame."
"As others have reviewed, this is a con. Once they have your bank details they make it almost impossible to get in touch with them to cancel the overpriced subscription. I eventually had to contact my bank to make sure they didn't charge me again."
Beer52.com is rated 4.25 based on 148 reviews