Beer52.com Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend Beer52.com

Tell us how Beer52.com made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
2 - 3 Hours
"Forced subscriptions which are very hard to cancel. Should not be legal. Do not subscribe."
"The beers were good and arrived on time. However, the beer isn't what is wrong with Beer52. They claim you can "easily manage your subscription - pause or cancel at anytime". Despite this, they make you call them to cancel. After waiting on hold I spoke to a man who said I still had a £10 credit on my account. I said thanks anyway, I still want to cancel. He responded "Wow. Guess you really don't like the beer." I said again, I want to cancel. He confirmed I would receive an email of the cancellation and then hung up on me. It was extremely rude and poor customer service! The phone call is only a ploy to keep you invested in the subscription!"
"The beers are no better than those available at the supermarket and more costly too. Have to cancel by phone and they will keep you on hold for ages... before cutting you off without answering. As others have said, this is a total waste of time and money, do not sign up!"
"Ordered a box to be delivered on the 6th of june to recieved before fathers day! Nothing has shown up i havent had a contact cant get through on the phone and no email back!"
"They make it really easy to subscribe, but you can only cancel by phone during the week, then they charge you at 2AM in the morning and pretend they've already packed and prepared your box before 9AM so you cannot cancel it. Anything to charge people for another box..."
"Cancelling is very difficult. You have to ring a premium rate number that they keep you on hold for. SCAM!!!"
"Excellent service and products. Easy and straightforward. Customer service is quick to respond, polite and very helpful. Very pleased!"
"Same problem as other users. Why are you not replying to emails nor cancelling subscriptions when we do not want more beer? I cancelled over the phone and was assured the contract was cancelled but received and was charged for another delivery. I was told I could have a discount if I wanted the next box but said I did not. The beer was sent and no discount was applied."
Hello Theresa, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that there is a delay in getting back to you. We want to give you the best service we possibly can and I can assure you that we will always put things right for our customers. If you have been sent a case of beer in error, we will fully refund you for this. Thanks for your patience whilst we resolve this issue for you.
"So hard to cancel and get a refund. I cancelled my subscription in December but they charged me for January crate and now wont reply to my emails."
"I cancelled my subscription but still got charged for another crate. They have subsequently ignored 4 emails so I cannot get a refund."
"As I enter the third week of no delivery, send the second unanswered e-mail to support, check that my DM's remain unacknowledged and give my daily half-hour call just to wait to get to the front of the queue only to be shifted on to indefinite hold or cut-off; I thought I'd take some time out just to warn any one considering using Beer52 against it."
Hi Tom, that sounds really frustrating, apologies for the delay, we're just about back up to normal response times after coming back from a very busy festive period. Missing beer is not acceptable, it may have been lost or damaged on the way to you which can occasionally happen when shipping glass in the post but I can assure you that we will always put it right and get a replacement case out to you on the house. If you can please bear with us whilst we get this resolved, we'll do the best we can for you. Cheers!
"Do not buy !! It's very difficult to cancel the subscription. Only can do it via phone and it took me over 30 minutes wait in the queue. It seems that most of the good reviews are fake as well !"
"My beer never arrived and yodel advised to contact beer52 and they have not responded to my requests. Such a shame."
"As others have reviewed, this is a con. Once they have your bank details they make it almost impossible to get in touch with them to cancel the overpriced subscription. I eventually had to contact my bank to make sure they didn't charge me again."
"They use Yodel for delivery who did not deliver on the day promised. The following day they delivered on a schedule that did not match the tracking. Although I was in all day they delivered to a neighbor 6 doors away and did not leave me a card. In short its probably quicker and easier to drive to all the breweries collect a bottle from each than track down the delivery from Beer52."
"Absolutely awful company. The beers are not bad but very overpriced and once they have your card details it's very hard stop them charging you. The only way to do it is to call, wait on hold for tens of minutes, face a ton of questions and then to be lied that it's cancelled. Next month you get charged again, and so on. Out of greediness, they even delivered to an address that I moved out of, after I told them. I had to report them to the bank."
"What a complete rip off don't do it impossible to cancel overpriced rubbish"
"Great variety of beers and breweries I've not seen before."
"Great way to discover new beers and breweries. The magazine that comes with each box is great. Not every box is a great but they have to cater for wide range of tastes. Customer service was excellent the one time I had to use it due to delivery company damaging the box. I agree is not cheap and is luxury but is great receiving some interesting beer every month."
"They always seem to source an interesting variety of beers, any time I've had cause to contact them the reply has been prompt, helpful and polite. I had one box which went missing in the post which was replaced promptly and without quibbling. My only tiny quibble is that it's difficult to use their web site to pause beer supplies for more than a month at a time, however a quick e-mail does the trick."
Beer52.com is rated 4.39 based on 142 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access